Ever been annoyed by "I could care less?" Weird Al Yankovic music video
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
For years I used "I couldn't care less". Then I read an article that supported "I could care less" as appropriate so I used that phrase for a little while. Now I just couldn't care less about it... or is it could care less?

I don't see how "I could care less" is appropriate in the sentence that it most commonly used for (mistakenly).
If you could care less, that means you either care a little or you care a lot. There's is no reason why anyone should say that and mean it in its literal sense.
If you couldn't care less, it means that you care the least possible amount or you just don't care. This is the correct usage of the phrase.

And yes, I do care about the grammar. It bothers me that some English only speakers get their own grammar wrong while people with English as a second language don't.

Anyway, Good parody.
actually people with english as their first language get their english wrong because its all about communication. people can change the meaning of something and if enough people run with it. it doesnt matter if its in your english professors books or not. its changed in the real world.

the only reason english as a 2nd language speakers can do a better job with english at times. is because you are only seeing a very small number of those people. if you go to another country. best believe..lol.. there are tons of people who dont technically speak that language the way its supposed to be spoken per the elites. There's a pattern and it has always been there. well off people speak the best in any and every nation. they speak "properly" , why do you guys think that is?

simply put, people with less dont have the same amt of time to nitpick that an elite does. Since a have not has to do more to have a little. So at the end of the day, as long as everyone around you no exactly what you meant. does it really matter? NOPE

language was developed for the purpose of better communication. Thats it and thats all. as long as you and those around you can understand, thats all that matters. no matter what a professor tells you. now if you want a better grade... ya better write and speak like the elites. If you want the elites to think you're one of them. you better write and speak like them. When in rome...

^Breathing example of what happens when people bastardize language.

You mean murder the language. As in heinously, callously and with embarrassing amounts of sloppiness.
yet both of you always know exactly what i'm saying. which makes my point. thank you very much.

Actually, I gave up reading your dribble a long time ago because it is indecipherable. The few times I have bothered to try and make sense of what you were saying it became clear that whatever you were trying to say was nonsense.

So no, you're point hasn't been made, quite the opposite.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
For years I used "I couldn't care less". Then I read an article that supported "I could care less" as appropriate so I used that phrase for a little while. Now I just couldn't care less about it... or is it could care less?

I don't see how "I could care less" is appropriate in the sentence that it most commonly used for (mistakenly).
If you could care less, that means you either care a little or you care a lot. There's is no reason why anyone should say that and mean it in its literal sense.
If you couldn't care less, it means that you care the least possible amount or you just don't care. This is the correct usage of the phrase.

And yes, I do care about the grammar. It bothers me that some English only speakers get their own grammar wrong while people with English as a second language don't.

Anyway, Good parody.
actually people with english as their first language get their english wrong because its all about communication. people can change the meaning of something and if enough people run with it. it doesnt matter if its in your english professors books or not. its changed in the real world.

the only reason english as a 2nd language speakers can do a better job with english at times. is because you are only seeing a very small number of those people. if you go to another country. best believe..lol.. there are tons of people who dont technically speak that language the way its supposed to be spoken per the elites. There's a pattern and it has always been there. well off people speak the best in any and every nation. they speak "properly" , why do you guys think that is?

simply put, people with less dont have the same amt of time to nitpick that an elite does. Since a have not has to do more to have a little. So at the end of the day, as long as everyone around you no exactly what you meant. does it really matter? NOPE

language was developed for the purpose of better communication. Thats it and thats all. as long as you and those around you can understand, thats all that matters. no matter what a professor tells you. now if you want a better grade... ya better write and speak like the elites. If you want the elites to think you're one of them. you better write and speak like them. When in rome...

You mean murder the language. As in heinously, callously and with embarrassing amounts of sloppiness.
yet both of you always know exactly what i'm saying. which makes my point. thank you very much.

Actually, I gave up reading your dribble a long time ago because it is indecipherable. The few times I have bothered to try and make sense of what you were saying it became clear that whatever you were trying to say was nonsense.

the point was made, thank you very much rules.

you gave up reading but you're always reading it. doesnt add up. i think i've seen this exact same reply in multiple threads where you reply to me. someone is fibbing. lol .but hey if it makes you feel better
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
I think people get too caught up on little things when they know damn well the message that person was trying to convey. My rule is, if the erroneous message doesn't confuse me and I can understand what that person is trying to say without thinking, then I leave it alone and move on with the conversation.

Not about to annoyingly pause a conversation to correct someone like this

Spoken like a word criminal.

Yep.

One of my pet peeves is the pervasive use of the word "got" and all of it's variations.

"He got out of the car and got hit by a truck and then he didn't get that job."

Seriously. We are collectively dumb as rocks.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Incidentally, Weird Al is somehow the best and most meaningful pop artist of the last 10 years.

For the most part, I stopped listening to pop music in 2000. Still, I find it hard to believe that he is anywhere near the artist that Amy Winehouse was.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Anyway, Good parody.

I disagree. PnP doesn't use the language well in it's standard form, but he clearly communicates his ideas. And I agree with much of what he has to say as I do you as well. Aside from PnP's bigotry towards gays, which, I might add is NOT a trivial thing, he's sharp as a tack and knows his basketball and is insightful about the human condition as well.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Language is one of the unique things that makes us human. It gives voice, literally, to the abstract thoughts of our frontal lobes. Thoughts that cannot be expressed solely through other means. To that end, one's facility with language is a limiting factor in not only the power to speak thoughts, but to have them. It is one of the reasons I believe education remains among the most critical social battles we face today. Access to and quality of education are just as important for children as nutrition and medical services, and have been used for millennia as a form of class control.

And language is not a blunt instrument, wielded equally effectively in brute simplicity as it is in nuanced specificity. There are many different words for almost every concept, but they exist because there are subtle differences in tone, or even spoken sound, that evoke just the right image, or feeling, or concept. Language also defines us to other linguists (I use the term here in a general sense, to denote speakers of any language). Even if we have crossed the barrier of speaking the same language, how we speak it tells the listener as much about us as what we are saying. It defines our educational level, our social strata, our geographical origin, and whether that language is our native tongue, among other things.

As a child born to poor, poorly educated parents, a child who never went beyond high school in a formal sense, And who has been taking care of himself (and others) from that point forward, I can tell you that there is no excuse, barring a developmental disability or some other mitigating circumstance, for being sloppy and ignorant of grammar and vocabulary beyond a certain age. People literally take you at your word, and if you can't be bothered to respect yourself and your listener enough to communicate in a serious manner, you are unlikely to be taken seriously.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject:

It's amazing how much conviction misguided people have on the internet.
If the world were full of people who expressed more doubt rather than certainty, the world would be a better place.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Language is one of the unique things that makes us human. It gives voice, literally, to the abstract thoughts of our frontal lobes. Thoughts that cannot be expressed solely through other means. To that end, one's facility with language is a limiting factor in not only the power to speak thoughts, but to have them. It is one of the reasons I believe education remains among the most critical social battles we face today. Access to and quality of education are just as important for children as nutrition and medical services, and have been used for millennia as a form of class control.

And language is not a blunt instrument, wielded equally effectively in brute simplicity as it is in nuanced specificity. There are many different words for almost every concept, but they exist because there are subtle differences in tone, or even spoken sound, that evoke just the right image, or feeling, or concept. Language also defines us to other linguists (I use the term here in a general sense, to denote speakers of any language). Even if we have crossed the barrier of speaking the same language, how we speak it tells the listener as much about us as what we are saying. It defines our educational level, our social strata, our geographical origin, and whether that language is our native tongue, among other things.

As a child born to poor, poorly educated parents, a child who never went beyond high school in a formal sense, And who has been taking care of himself (and others) from that point forward, I can tell you that there is no excuse, barring a developmental disability or some other mitigating circumstance, for being sloppy and ignorant of grammar and vocabulary beyond a certain age. People literally take you at your word, and if you can't be bothered to respect yourself and your listener enough to communicate in a serious manner, you are unlikely to be taken seriously.

For the most part I agree with you. But I would add that as a highly educated African American who was born into poverty and dropped out of high school at an early age, I find myself unwilling to give up on certain idiomatic expressions and ways of speaking.

When I am at work I have to be able to explain to the most and least educated about their disease process and I have to be taken seriously and understood by all of them.

Additionally, and this is a point of discussion amongst many of my cohorts, I struggle with what I will pass on to my children. Generally, we want them to be able to speak effectively in the board room AND the barber shop.

So, I am pretty corrective with my children on proper English, but when I speak to my friends and they hear the conversations, or, for example, when we recently visited Los Angeles and I was around my oldest friends, all of whom are at least college educated, they were served a heap of stuff they had never heard before. I think "Mah (bleep)" was said as often as " Would you like some water?"
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with the "local" argot among friends/peers. Wholly in keeping with context.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
C M B wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
paolomagma wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:

Anyway, Good parody.

the point was made, thank you very much rules.

you gave up reading but you're always reading it. doesnt add up. i think i've seen this exact same reply in multiple threads where you reply to me. someone is fibbing. lol .but hey if it makes you feel better

No. It adds up. I read that because I saw I was quoted. When my words are quoted, I will look - even when it means having to suffer through your usual nonsense.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
C M B wrote:
Incidentally, Weird Al is somehow the best and most meaningful pop artist of the last 10 years.

For the most part, I stopped listening to pop music in 2000. Still, I find it hard to believe that he is anywhere near the artist that Amy Winehouse was.

Apples to oranges.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:

I disagree. PnP doesn't use the language well in it's standard form, but he clearly communicates his ideas. And I agree with much of what he has to say as I do you as well. Aside from PnP's bigotry towards gays, which, I might add is NOT a trivial thing, he's sharp as a tack and knows his basketball and is insightful about the human condition as well.

I'm sure he's trying to. But between the horrible grammar and structure, it isn't worth the effort - especially when what I have read in the past was vile and disgusting hatred and ignorance - and not just about homosexuality.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

BINGO!
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
24 wrote:

BINGO!
bingo meaning you agree with 24's opinion. But thats all it is. an opinion. what i stated above is not opinion. its fact. now if you work for a magazine, news(online or off, no excuses). and you have a bunch of mis-spelled words, incorrectly used vocabulary, bad sentence structure, etc. Shame on you and your editors. But as stated above in those things i quoted. as long as you can understand what the person is saying in casual conversation. there is no need to play english teacher. Do that with your kids. So, they will have good habits to take into formal situations.
lakersground.net = casual conversation. replies in comment sections of articles/blogs, etc. is also casual conversation. just make sure people understand what you're saying. which i will say again, if you have the ability to correct someone. you knew what they were saying. only in the even that you didnt know how to correct said poster because you were clueless to what was being said/implied. Now perhaps because we do have teens on this site, some of you think its best to play english 101. And in that case i cant fight it. But thats for those teens. everyone else...casually conversate(lol yes i did not say converse) until your heart's content.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

My opinion contains a lot of fact. The way in which you communicate implies to the listener/reader a lot about your education, intelligence, knowledge, maturity, etc. That's not an opinion. Your opinion is that people are able to "get" what you are saying, so it doesn't matter. To some degree they get what you are saying, and to a larger degree they get that you don't have enough facility with or respect for (or perhaps both) language or the listener/reader to make very cogent, reasoned, erudite statements about things. Crude (in the literal sense, not the off color sense) language skills generally go hand in hand with crude reasoning skills. Calling out others for being some sort of unreasonable snobs because you choose to paint with a broken brick instead of a brush doesn't make your argument, it makes theirs.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
My opinion contains a lot of fact. The way in which you communicate implies to the listener/reader a lot about your education, intelligence, knowledge, maturity, etc. That's not an opinion. Your opinion is that people are able to "get" what you are saying, so it doesn't matter. To some degree they get what you are saying, and to a larger degree they get that you don't have enough facility with or respect for (or perhaps both) language or the listener/reader to make very cogent, reasoned, erudite statements about things. Crude (in the literal sense, not the off color sense) language skills generally go hand in hand with crude reasoning skills. Calling out others for being some sort of unreasonable snobs because you choose to paint with a broken brick instead of a brush doesn't make your argument, it makes theirs.
wrong. its your opinion how PEOPLE see others. PEOPLE dont always see others as you do. everyone is not the same. some people "could care less" lol about how people speak as long as they know what they are trying to say.

i'll take it a step further. I remember being a young kid in a school with a lot of latin kids that spoke spanish as their first language(some spoke english a lot and others just a smidget). I knew which kids were highly intelligent. And it wasnt the one's that spoke english the best. It was actually the non english speakers(in my situation). But, these teachers THOUGHT these kids were unintelligent. You know why? because they thought like you 24. If you cant speak the english language at all or well. you're unintelligent. There are still tons of teachers who have this same mentality. Do you know what they do with these kind of students a lot of times? They will have them transferred to special ed. This is not some anomaly .This happens a lot. This is not something i've only seen with my own eyes. I've been around enough people in the field of education to know this is a real problem that they've also witnessed.

There's another problem with believing just because someone SEEMS to speak well means they are intelligent. First off, since most people are not at that level they can't tell if a person is using words out of context. All they know is "wow, he/she has an extensive vocabulary." I'm thinking, uhhh that word is not supposed to be used like that. He/she is trying to SOUND Smart.

And then there are those who can speak well at work but are still not that great at what their job duties are. Speaking well does not = you're smart/intelligent. some people believe that is the case. some dont. but its not a fact.

Again, if we're speaking in a formal setting. Thats a completely different scenario. If i'm at work. That's another ball game. but here on LG.. you're on a message board. not an english message board. speak however you like. as long as your point can get across to those you are speaking to(your audience). thats all that matters here on LG. If you personally would like to amp up your posts to make them more formal. Thats good too. Some of us may even learn from your well written posts 24. But in now way should people be looked down upon on a message board for their writing unless you literally can't understand what they are saying.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:
wrong. its your opinion how PEOPLE see others. PEOPLE dont always see others as you do. everyone is not the same. some people "could care less" lol about how people speak as long as they know what they are trying to say.

i'll take it a step further. I remember being a young kid in a school with a lot of latin kids that spoke spanish as their first language(some spoke english a lot and others just a smidget). I knew which kids were highly intelligent. And it wasnt the one's that spoke english the best. It was actually the non english speakers(in my situation). But, these teachers THOUGHT these kids were unintelligent. You know why? because they thought like you 24. If you cant speak the english language at all or well. you're unintelligent. There are still tons of teachers who have this same mentality. Do you know what they do with these kind of students a lot of times? They will have them transferred to special ed. This is not some anomaly .This happens a lot. This is not something i've only seen with my own eyes. I've been around enough people in the field of education to know this is a real problem that they've also witnessed.

There's another problem with believing just because someone SEEMS to speak well means they are intelligent. First off, since most people are not at that level they can't tell if a person is using words out of context. All they know is "wow, he/she has an extensive vocabulary." I'm thinking, uhhh that word is not supposed to be used like that. He/she is trying to SOUND Smart.

And then there are those who can speak well at work but are still not that great at what their job duties are. Speaking well does not = you're smart/intelligent. some people believe that is the case. some dont. but its not a fact.

Again, if we're speaking in a formal setting. Thats a completely different scenario. If i'm at work. That's another ball game. but here on LG.. you're on a message board. not an english message board. speak however you like. as long as your point can get across to those you are speaking to(your audience). thats all that matters here on LG. If you personally would like to amp up your posts to make them more formal. Thats good too. Some of us may even learn from your well written posts 24. But in now way should people be looked down upon on a message board for their writing unless you literally can't understand what they are saying.

When I read your posts I have to correct you constantly in my mind because its just not natural for me to read through it as if it were flawless. The best analogy I can come up with is reading a foreign language you don't know. Sure you can sound out the words but they just don't come naturally to you. Its not to that extreme but I hope you get the idea.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:

When I read your posts I have to correct you constantly in my mind because its just not natural for me to read through it as if it were flawless. The best analogy I can come up with is reading a foreign language you don't know. Sure you can sound out the words but they just don't come naturally to you. Its not to that extreme but I hope you get the idea.
hey, i wont disagree with how you read my post. its you. So i cant fight that at all. All i'm saying is, this is a message board. its ultra casual convo. some care to use formal speech. some dont.

Now i've said in the past, maybe you were not in those threads. If you care to understand how i type out my post. I type, how i speak. I'm not attempting to be grammatically correct. If me and you were having a conversation face to face. you would understand everything i was saying. I use periods for literal pauses, not just grammatical pauses. I use commas for breath pauses, not just grammatical pauses. The reason i do this is so nothing i say in text can be misinterpreted with the incorrect context/emotion. and guess what. for the most part its not misinterpreted.

example: saying ".and guess what." is not grammatically correct. you are not supposed to start a sentence off with "and" especially not a lower case "A". you are also not supposed to ask a question without a "?" But i'm not actually asking you a question. I'm making a statement-question. in person you would understand this. If i typed it correctly. you may go "oh. am i to guess what?" no you're not. its a statement.

again, this is my method. it doesnt have to be anyone elses. But its the same reason i never have issues when i text people over the phone with them not "getting" what i'm saying. or reading it wrong. everyone i have ever texted say "wow, you text like we're having a real face to face convo." people actually appreciate it because of the fact you can understand my emotion even within text.

Now some of you wont get everything i'm saying due to fact you may not be paying attention to detail. most people listen for buzz words and they skim everything else. no matter how short or long your post maybe. if some people here a word that strikes a chord. they will start thinking about a reply. doing this means you're listening less and less to anything else that was written/or said. This is a huge problem with highly intelligent people. how do i know this? Because i've had that problem. You have to intentionally train yourself to listen to other people's view points all the way thru. Then let it digest. THENNNN reply.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:

hey, i wont disagree with how you read my post. its you. So i cant fight that at all. All i'm saying is, this is a message board. its ultra casual convo. some care to use formal speech. some dont.

Now i've said in the past, maybe you were not in those threads. If you care to understand how i type out my post. I type, how i speak. I'm not attempting to be grammatically correct. If me and you were having a conversation face to face. you would understand everything i was saying. I use periods for literal pauses, not just grammatical pauses. I use commas for breath pauses, not just grammatical pauses. The reason i do this is so nothing i say in text can be misinterpreted with the incorrect context/emotion. and guess what. for the most part its not misinterpreted.

example: saying ".and guess what." is not grammatically correct. you are not supposed to start a sentence off with "and" especially not a lower case "A". you are also not supposed to ask a question without a "?" But i'm not actually asking you a question. I'm making a statement-question. in person you would understand this. If i typed it correctly. you may go "oh. am i to guess what?" no you're not. its a statement.

again, this is my method. it doesnt have to be anyone elses. But its the same reason i never have issues when i text people over the phone with them not "getting" what i'm saying. or reading it wrong. everyone i have ever texted say "wow, you text like we're having a real face to face convo." people actually appreciate it because of the fact you can understand my emotion even within text.

Now some of you wont get everything i'm saying due to fact you may not be paying attention to detail. most people listen for buzz words and they skim everything else. no matter how short or long your post maybe. if some people here a word that strikes a chord. they will start thinking about a reply. doing this means you're listening less and less to anything else that was written/or said. This is a huge problem with highly intelligent people. how do i know this? Because i've had that problem. You have to intentionally train yourself to listen to other people's view points all the way thru. Then let it digest. THENNNN reply.

You're way over-analyzing it dude. People just don't want to read something that is so poorly written that takes a second or maybe even third look to decipher and that is just based off of your grammar. Add to that your incoherent rambling, your crazy hypotheticals and your uncanny ability to suddenly go off on a tangent and this is where we end up. You blaming everyone else for your inability to convey your thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:

You're way over-analyzing it dude. People just don't want to read something that is so poorly written that takes a second or maybe even third look to decipher and that is just based off of your grammar. Add to that your incoherent rambling, your crazy hypothetical and your uncanny ability to suddenly go off on a tangent and this is where we end up. You blaming everyone else for your inability to convey your thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
when i go off on a tangent. its actually not off topic. again. like i said earlier. you hear a buzz word that doesnt compute to you so you go off on that buzz word. never paying attention to how everything i just said is linked. i explain it perfectly fine. which is why i write walls of text. vs 100 two liners. it not even a tangent to be honest
. because a i thoroughly explain how its related to the subject at hand.

Quote:
to pursue a somewhat related or irrelevant course while neglecting the main subject.

^^Thats a tangent.

to say a hypothetical i come up with is uncanny when i'm using actual basketball references. actual on the court examples. is weird to me. that tells me what i've said here for years. a many of you cant understand it, because you yourself have never played basketball at that level. i'm not just talking about ymca, varsity. I'm talking about playing vs really stiff competition. where the guys you play against are the size of nba players(or very close), while also being super athletic(similar to nba player). there's nothing uncanny about a hypothetical on a bball forum when someone brings up their experience playing ball. some of you dont believe it. thats fine. others just dont get it cause you've never experienced that level of hoop before. that doesnt make me special. which is why i attempt to give you guys inside knowledge on the subject you may not have.

lets go off on a tangent as you call it. but one thats related to your reply and this topic.
i have a running discussion thats probably on page 2 by now. about how i ask a question is Kane a more mature version of marcus smart. in addition i also stated is he marcus smart with a jumper.

everyone LOST their minds when i said that. buzz words killed them. because i compared an undrafted to a top lotto pick. it didnt compute. no matter how well i explained why i said what i said. it never computed for some. due to these buzz words Lotto vs undrafted..."hell no this guy isnt as good as a lotto guy..no way" was the thought.

But if you would have paid attention you could understand where i came up with what i said. and it wasnt that far fetched. I even posted links to other sports writers saying the same thing i said. i never said kane would become a better overall player once its all said and done. i said as of now he may be better at the moment. based on what he did at iowa vs what smart did at OK.

^^all on the subject matter of communication.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject:

Freaking ghosts are haunting LG.

!...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Freaking ghosts are haunting LG.

WB. Your one-liners are a welcomed sight after being pummeled by PnP's great walls of text.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:

I'm guessing that you're not black? PnP writes in a somewhat idiomatic style that I auto translate.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:

No one would argue with you, that just because someone writes like a 7 year old, that that means they are a 7 year old. I think what you're failing to understand is that HOW you communicate impacts whether your message is being heard.

If you just want your voice to be heard, then of course, communicate however you like. I mean, a 7 year old can scream running down the hallway and their voice will be heard.

But if you want your message to be heard, then you need to consider not just the content of your message, but, how that content is delivered as well.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
nickuku wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:

You're way over-analyzing it dude. People just don't want to read something that is so poorly written that takes a second or maybe even third look to decipher and that is just based off of your grammar. Add to that your incoherent rambling, your crazy hypothetical and your uncanny ability to suddenly go off on a tangent and this is where we end up. You blaming everyone else for your inability to convey your thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
when i go off on a tangent. its actually not off topic. again. like i said earlier. you hear a buzz word that doesnt compute to you so you go off on that buzz word. never paying attention to how everything i just said is linked. i explain it perfectly fine. which is why i write walls of text. vs 100 two liners. it not even a tangent to be honest
. because a i thoroughly explain how its related to the subject at hand.

Quote:
to pursue a somewhat related or irrelevant course while neglecting the main subject.

^^Thats a tangent.

to say a hypothetical i come up with is uncanny when i'm using actual basketball references. actual on the court examples. is weird to me. that tells me what i've said here for years. a many of you cant understand it, because you yourself have never played basketball at that level. i'm not just talking about ymca, varsity. I'm talking about playing vs really stiff competition. where the guys you play against are the size of nba players(or very close), while also being super athletic(similar to nba player). there's nothing uncanny about a hypothetical on a bball forum when someone brings up their experience playing ball. some of you dont believe it. thats fine. others just dont get it cause you've never experienced that level of hoop before. that doesnt make me special. which is why i attempt to give you guys inside knowledge on the subject you may not have.

lets go off on a tangent as you call it. but one thats related to your reply and this topic.
i have a running discussion thats probably on page 2 by now. about how i ask a question is Kane a more mature version of marcus smart. in addition i also stated is he marcus smart with a jumper.

everyone LOST their minds when i said that. buzz words killed them. because i compared an undrafted to a top lotto pick. it didnt compute. no matter how well i explained why i said what i said. it never computed for some. due to these buzz words Lotto vs undrafted..."hell no this guy isnt as good as a lotto guy..no way" was the thought.

But if you would have paid attention you could understand where i came up with what i said. and it wasnt that far fetched. I even posted links to other sports writers saying the same thing i said. i never said kane would become a better overall player once its all said and done. i said as of now he may be better at the moment. based on what he did at iowa vs what smart did at OK.

^^all on the subject matter of communication.

((COMMENT REMOVED-JMK))

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: