If Young becomes a 20ppg scorer do we still pursue Melo or...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
I think we are pretty safe from having this issue.

how so?

It is highly doubtful Nick Young averages 20 points a game.

Just saying it doesn't make it true. The guy already avg 17.4ppg before so saying it's unlikely doesn't make it true. will he? I don't know but it wont be hard for him to he's very capable. I expect him to be around 17ppg.

He's gotten around 17 points per game twice in his 7 year career. Most seasons he hovers around 10 PPG. Those 17 point years he was on terrible teams and was one of the primary options; like KBH said, here he's be at best third unless Kobe takes a ton of time to come back. A guy nearly doubling his career production in one year is insanely unlikely. I feel very safe in assuming that Nick Young will get nowhere near 20ppg, I'd be happy if he gets 15 PPG.

15ppg is very close to 20ppg the idea that he has hasn't done it before so he can't do it is wrong. Mike james was 9 years in before he avg 20ppg again I think he'll be around 16-17ppg but 20 wont surprise me.

Again... Mike James, Toronto, 05-06.... terrible team (27-55). Do you get the pattern? If Nick Young suddenly has a 20 ppg season, the Lakers are likely sucking.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

how so?

Just saying it doesn't make it true. The guy already avg 17.4ppg before so saying it's unlikely doesn't make it true. will he? I don't know but it wont be hard for him to he's very capable. I expect him to be around 17ppg.

He's gotten around 17 points per game twice in his 7 year career. Most seasons he hovers around 10 PPG. Those 17 point years he was on terrible teams and was one of the primary options; like KBH said, here he's be at best third unless Kobe takes a ton of time to come back. A guy nearly doubling his career production in one year is insanely unlikely. I feel very safe in assuming that Nick Young will get nowhere near 20ppg, I'd be happy if he gets 15 PPG.

15ppg is very close to 20ppg the idea that he has hasn't done it before so he can't do it is wrong. Mike james was 9 years in before he avg 20ppg again I think he'll be around 16-17ppg but 20 wont surprise me.

Again... Mike James, Toronto, 05-06.... terrible team (27-55). Do you get the pattern? If Nick Young suddenly has a 20 ppg season, the Lakers are likely sucking.

WRONG just because the player puts up big numbers doesn't mean that's the reason the team loss. it could be like Kobe situation in 2005. If it was a direct connection winning Franchises wouldn't pursue these guys that put up big numbers on bad teams. only thing that's clear is he was in a bad situation team wise.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

how so?

He's gotten around 17 points per game twice in his 7 year career. Most seasons he hovers around 10 PPG. Those 17 point years he was on terrible teams and was one of the primary options; like KBH said, here he's be at best third unless Kobe takes a ton of time to come back. A guy nearly doubling his career production in one year is insanely unlikely. I feel very safe in aussuming that Nick Young will get nowhere near 20ppg, I'd be happy if he gets 15 PPG.

I don't see the lakers sucking as out of the realm of possibility. Doesn't mean that young gets 20 but I wouldn't be shocked if he got lots of looks before kobe comes back.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I will happily take John Wall. Considering he may not want to stay with Washington when he won't ever be a contender. Here in L.A he will finally have a team worth winning with. As for Lebron i really really don't want him, especially if he is going to be like a Howard and just demand (bleep) before he will agree to be a Laker. If you are going to be a Laker, you do it because you WANT to be a Laker. Besides he is only as good as his athleticism and he is going to be losing that soon.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject:

Will2Win wrote:
I will happily take John Wall. Considering he may not want to stay with Washington when he won't ever be a contender. Here in L.A he will finally have a team worth winning with. As for Lebron i really really don't want him, especially if he is going to be like a Howard and just demand (bleep) before he will agree to be a Laker. If you are going to be a Laker, you do it because you WANT to be a Laker. Besides he is only as good as his athleticism and he is going to be losing that soon.

He's a restricted FA, they'll match any offer or get him to sign an extension the year before.

Just like Kyrie, Paul George.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

how so?

WRONG just because the player puts up big numbers doesn't mean that's the reason the team loss. it could be like Kobe situation in 2005. If it was a direct connection winning Franchises wouldn't pursue these guys that put up big numbers on bad teams. only thing that's clear is he was in a bad situation team wise.

Well, WRONG because I didn't say that's the reason the teams lost. However, those teams losing or being in disarray, or in general not having a winning structure were what created the opportunity for these guys to score their own points.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Kobe's down for 10 assists a game,running the point,with Melo and nick young in the lineup next year. Have nick guard PGs ,he'll do a decent job on em, imo. That's at least our end of the game lineup , nick leads the 2nd unit until then .

Idk,just thinkin out loud.
chinaurge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/07/10/a-sneak-peek-inside-nick-youngs-sneaker-closet/
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject:

chinaurge wrote:
http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/07/10/a-sneak-peek-inside-nick-youngs-sneaker-closet/

Didn't know he dunked on dwight I knew about Lebron though.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If Young becomes a 20ppg scorer:

1. I can see the Lakers offering him $6-8m a year to stay and be the 6th man of the year for the next 2-3 years.

2. Young will get bigger offers elsewhere.

I could see Cuban or someone like Gilbert offering 10 mill per season (not sure if those teams have cap space.

I know Young will likely only give a 1 year hometown discount, but he genuinely seems like someone who wants to have a long career with the Lakers. That being said, $ always rules in these situations. hoping he has a great year and he can finish out as a Laker. After Dwight, it's refreshing to have players who crave the LA limelight.

Yinoma you was right about Nick.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

Carmelo's not coming here...Phil already won that battle. Bron is not coming here...he's going to retire a Cav. Kyrie is not coming here...why would he leave a team with Bron on it?!?! John Wall is not coming here...The Wiz are becoming a legit contender. I see that we still have quite a few Laker fans that don't yet see the writing on the wall when it comes to this organization...
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Carmelo's not coming here...Phil already won that battle. Bron is not coming here...he's going to retire a Cav. Kyrie is not coming here...why would he leave a team with Bron on it?!?! John Wall is not coming here...The Wiz are becoming a legit contender. I see that we still have quite a few Laker fans that don't yet see the writing on the wall when it comes to this organization...

Someone didn't slog through the '90s. I can only imagine the doom and gloom posts wee would have had if the internet was as prevalent then as it is now. Heck, we had people (bleep) all over Mitch and Dr. Buss after our four year stretch between finals 2004-2008, imagine the wailing and whining of a ten year stretch between rings.

The book has yet to be written on this team going forward.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Someone didn't slog through the '90s. I can only imagine the doom and gloom posts wee would have had if the internet was as prevalent then as it is now. Heck, we had people (bleep) all over Mitch and Dr. Buss after our four year stretch between finals 2004-2008, imagine the wailing and whining of a ten year stretch between rings.

The book has yet to be written on this team going forward.
aint this the truth.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

This was pretty good til.. " Laker fans that don't yet see the writing on the wall when it comes to this organization.. "

Lebron wanting to live in his hometown and play for his hometown, and raise his kids 365 days of the year in his hometown has nothing to do with the Laker Organization. (See "The Letter")

Melo choosing 120+ million and choosing his kids childhood and not relocating his family and forcing them to a new area has nothing to do with the Lakers. This isn't something where he chose to stay HOME because the Lakers were a bad organization. He chose home for his kids and the friendships his kid built as well as for his wife LALA whom everyone knows runs the Melo household.

Wall who knows, they lost Ariza whom may be revealed as the vital cog that Wash needed. Although Wall is over-rated and over-hyped he can't do it all, and needs a team. But while playing for Knicks South, he knows he can get max money, stay right by NY (see partying/clubbing with Melo in NYC - holla atcha boy NYC style), and have a team that wants to build and cater to him.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Cow wrote:
And if he becomes a 50 ppg scorer? GOAT?
Yeah because thinking a player can average 20 is as much of a stretch as saying he can average 50...your response was neither humorous nor did it add anything to the conversation.

On topic, I don't think nick will get enough shots to average 20 because he's a volume scorer. And even if he does, you still go after melo because he's the only realistic target. Kyrie will be a restricted agent, or else he would definitely be a better choice than Melo!

This thread makes no sense. Why would you pursue Melo if he average 20, but not 19.9 PPG?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: