Lee Jenkins on Kobe Bryant video.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Just saw the video. I teared up.

fml.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I've been watched it 3 times it's so good!!

And excellent post 12. I feel the same way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I hope there is a Part II to this video once the season starts!!
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Really don't think people are going to be ready for the determination Kobe is coming back with.

Can't Wait...
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
I remember everything from the night Los Angeles stopped. I remember the way my brother and I were sitting in the living room with stone faced looks as we stared at the TV without blinking. I remember swallowing hard and my stomach falling to the floor, I remember my heart sinking when he didn't hop up the way I'm used to seeing him after every hard hit. After what seemed like an eternity, I found my breath. I breathed hard and I remember turning my head and looking at his jersey hanging on my wall.

B. R. Y. A. N. T. Twenty Four.

That jersey didn't only identify Kobe. It stood for hope. It stood for passion. It stood for perfection.

I remember seeing my childhood fade in front of my eyes. Ever since I was a child, I had been watching Kobe tear up the hardwood and knock down any obstacle in his way. I remember watching myself fade.

And just as I was fading away, I saw him walk back out towards the free-throw line. And I remembered something else....

I remembered the duel with MJ in Kobe's rookie year. I remembered the two air balls in Utah. I remembered the assault case in Colorado. I remembered Kobe crying in San Antonio in 2003. I remembered the him holding back tears in 2004 after falling to the pistons. I remembered Kobe falling to the floor and grabbing his knee. I remembered Kobe breaking finger after finger and still not stopping to catch his breath. I remembered the tears on his face in 2008 after falling in Boston. I remembered Shaq rapping in some club and rubbing salt in our wounds. I remembered Kobe sprain ankle after ankle, knee after knee. And as these thoughts were flooding my mind...

I saw him knock down two free throws and walk into the darkness of the tunnel.

And I remember turning to my brother and I saw tears welling up in his eyes. I remember seeing the love that this man had instilled in our hearts. In a society where the word "love" is thrown around without hesitation and has almost lost its meaning, we love Kobe. We love him because he gives us happiness and promise.

Kobe endures all the pain and agony, and gives us excitement. Gives us happiness. All the broken fingers are his, but the steals and dunks are for us. The sprained ankles are his, but the blocks and rebounds are for us. The painful ice baths and knee treatments are his, but the points are for us. The hours, days, months and years of training are his, but the rings are for us.

I don't know what legacy he'll leave behind, I don't know if he's gonna win his 6th, I don't know how many points he'll score, I don't know how much longer he'll play.... But I know that the memories that he's given us will never fade. All the times I was jumping on my head and screaming in joy, all the times I was staring at the TV and crying, all the times I was biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my sofa... All those times were real.

I do know one thing... He's gonna play his heart out. He's not going down without a fight. He's instilled a fighting spirit in his fans. He has taught us that quitting is not an option. You may win, you may lose. But you never quit.

In an era where Shaq quit on the Lakers, Dwight quit on Orlando and the Lakers, LeBron quit on Cleveland and Miami. Kobe never quit. He kept fighting. Next year, while we may not be the best team in the league. We will have the guy with the biggest heart. We'll have a 5 time champion. And as someone once said... Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Beautifully written.

Ponder this: How many current players in the NBA can a piece as sentimental as this be written about other than Kobe? I can't think of one.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:

Beautifully written.

Ponder this: How many current players in the NBA can a piece as sentimental as this be written about other than Kobe? I can't think of one.

"What do you remember of the night Boston stopped? The way he crumpled to the court? The way he was wheel chaired to the locker room? The way he came skipping back out of the locker room like nothing was wrong like 2 minutes later? He's called Paulina Pierce because everyone knows it was fake..."

Sorry I tried
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:

Beautifully written.

"What do you remember of the night Boston stopped? The way he crumpled to the court? The way he was wheel chaired to the locker room? The way he came skipping back out of the locker room like nothing was wrong like 2 minutes later? He's called Paulina Pierce because everyone knows it was fake..."

Sorry I tried

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
12 wrote:
I remember everything from the night Los Angeles stopped. I remember the way my brother and I were sitting in the living room with stone faced looks as we stared at the TV without blinking. I remember swallowing hard and my stomach falling to the floor, I remember my heart sinking when he didn't hop up the way I'm used to seeing him after every hard hit. After what seemed like an eternity, I found my breath. I breathed hard and I remember turning my head and looking at his jersey hanging on my wall.

B. R. Y. A. N. T. Twenty Four.

That jersey didn't only identify Kobe. It stood for hope. It stood for passion. It stood for perfection.

I remember seeing my childhood fade in front of my eyes. Ever since I was a child, I had been watching Kobe tear up the hardwood and knock down any obstacle in his way. I remember watching myself fade.

And just as I was fading away, I saw him walk back out towards the free-throw line. And I remembered something else....

I remembered the duel with MJ in Kobe's rookie year. I remembered the two air balls in Utah. I remembered the assault case in Colorado. I remembered Kobe crying in San Antonio in 2003. I remembered the him holding back tears in 2004 after falling to the pistons. I remembered Kobe falling to the floor and grabbing his knee. I remembered Kobe breaking finger after finger and still not stopping to catch his breath. I remembered the tears on his face in 2008 after falling in Boston. I remembered Shaq rapping in some club and rubbing salt in our wounds. I remembered Kobe sprain ankle after ankle, knee after knee. And as these thoughts were flooding my mind...

I saw him knock down two free throws and walk into the darkness of the tunnel.

And I remember turning to my brother and I saw tears welling up in his eyes. I remember seeing the love that this man had instilled in our hearts. In a society where the word "love" is thrown around without hesitation and has almost lost its meaning, we love Kobe. We love him because he gives us happiness and promise.

Kobe endures all the pain and agony, and gives us excitement. Gives us happiness. All the broken fingers are his, but the steals and dunks are for us. The sprained ankles are his, but the blocks and rebounds are for us. The painful ice baths and knee treatments are his, but the points are for us. The hours, days, months and years of training are his, but the rings are for us.

I don't know what legacy he'll leave behind, I don't know if he's gonna win his 6th, I don't know how many points he'll score, I don't know how much longer he'll play.... But I know that the memories that he's given us will never fade. All the times I was jumping on my head and screaming in joy, all the times I was staring at the TV and crying, all the times I was biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my sofa... All those times were real.

I do know one thing... He's gonna play his heart out. He's not going down without a fight. He's instilled a fighting spirit in his fans. He has taught us that quitting is not an option. You may win, you may lose. But you never quit.

In an era where Shaq quit on the Lakers, Dwight quit on Orlando and the Lakers, LeBron quit on Cleveland and Miami. Kobe never quit. He kept fighting. Next year, while we may not be the best team in the league. We will have the guy with the biggest heart. We'll have a 5 time champion. And as someone once said... Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Beautifully written.

Yep.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
22 wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:

Beautifully written.

Sorry I tried

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
EddieJonesss wrote:

Beautifully written.

Sorry I tried

sob, Beautiful!
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Lee Jenkins on Kobe Bryant video.

stoneplz wrote:
Hi. This video aired on the night of Kobe's return from his achilles injury. I thought it would get more recognition than it did. I think it's a pretty good video. He pointed out some things that I didn't notice before (lipstick, stone cutter poem etc), hope you guys enjoy.

[/url]
[url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyAcR2KCJYU]

Come on son, THIS is the greatest Kobe Vid ever made.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJhZVdRFNcI
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: