Laker projected to get the #6 pick in the lottery next year lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

Byron is absolutely going to have this team play defense. The question is can the players he has defend? Please, don't compare the incompetent MDA to Scott. Scott has won championships as a player and has taken teams to the finals as a coach. MDA is one of the the worst coaches ever!!! He's as stubborn as they come. Has never believed in defense...just believes in more possessions and outscoring teams. MDA alone drove this team to its poorest state ever. He brings a losing culture and is hated in NY and now in LA. Stop this BS about offense creativity. His offense is bring the ball up quickly and launch as many 3's as possible. God, I'm so happy this piece of living manure is not coaching this team.

Go Byron!!!
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject:

Is this Byron Scott or James WOrthy?
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject:

When has a prediction actually been right?
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I wish the organization and many fans would get real. You know, the fake, "we only play for championships" fans.

If this team is going to stink, go ahead and stink. Give 100% effort toward stinking. Management has pretty much done their part in this terrible off season. Now the players are free to give 100%.

Now if the Lakers dont get a top 5 pick, management hasnt done their part. If the Lakers are on pace to finish out of the top 5, management should trade any and all effective players that are making us win.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Not that Kobe would ever allow us to tank, but it would seem looking at around the league, we're in far better position to tank and make the top 5 this year than we were last season, when they were so many god awful teams, it was uncanny.

A lot of teams from the bottom 5 have gotten better and will continue to do so because they've got young talent, and owners won't accept their GM's putting on crappy teams forever. GM's make those teams better.

Other than Utah, I don't know of a single West team I'm SURE we are better than on paper. Certainly we could finish in the 8th or 7th spot in the West depending on a few unknowns at this point, but I also wouldn't be shocked if we finished 14th again.

The real question is where does 14th in the West leave you in regards to the entire NBA and East.

To me Philly, MIL, to majorly bad teams improved quite a bit. So did Orlando. We honestly seem like we had a chance, especially if we hadn't signed Boozer (Who IMO was a great pick up in regards to winning).

Again all depends on what level we get from Kobe and Randle, but I'd say a year ago our roster and situation in the NBA called for a higher finish than I expect this year. Of course D'Antoni was our coach and he isn't now. And Kobe will unlikely to miss another year of that many games.

Don't forget about Cleveland. They had the #1 pick the last two years and should be nowhere near a lottery pick with the situation they have now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Lets say they manage to suck enough to get a top 5 pick? Who are the best prospects for the NBA draft for 2015?
2WayBaller
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

The writer is going to look dumb if Kobe is healthy and still got something left in the tank. It's a contract year for Boozer and Lin. I have a gut feeling those 2 might surprise a lot of people.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

2WayBaller wrote:
The writer is going to look dumb if Kobe is healthy and still got something left in the tank. It's a contract year for Boozer and Lin. I have a gut feeling those 2 might surprise a lot of people.

This team is not built to win. Boozer was barely a starter in Chicago and frequently was benched in crunch time. Lin was the same.

I personally dont think Kobe has the capability to win a game for the Lakers anymore. At 36, when you havent played in 2 years due to injury, I just dont see it. If anything, I think the Lakers will be worse than anything thinks. I think the Lakers will have one of the 3 worst records in the league.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

King beef wrote:
2WayBaller wrote:

This team is not built to win. Boozer was barely a starter in Chicago and frequently was benched in crunch time. Lin was the same.

I personally dont think Kobe has the capability to win a game for the Lakers anymore. At 36, when you havent played in 2 years due to injury, I just dont see it. If anything, I think the Lakers will be worse than anything thinks. I think the Lakers will have one of the 3 worst records in the league.

So you're thinking like maybe 24 wins this year?

I hope you won't mind if you're disappointed.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
King beef wrote:
2WayBaller wrote:

So you're thinking like maybe 24 wins this year?

I hope you won't mind if you're disappointed.

Disappointed in terms of more wins or less. I personally hope we lose enough games to get the #1 pick.

The Lakers will underperform next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: