The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
nash wrote:
Nash is a retired player still been payed and listed on a roster.

Tank 2.0 all the way

we have no lottery pick this year, right? (even if we suck). so no point in tanking imo

Nope, just gotta have a bottom five record or luck into the lottery. Both are totally doable.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

Nash is a great veteran to add to this roster. I hope he can play extended minutes and help mentor Jordan Clarkson and others. He is a NBA great that would help add depth and smarts to our team all season. Not sure if he is going to be healthy enough. He has major back issues but if they are resolved he is a dangerous point guard.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject:

Even if Nash doesn't end up playing a lot of time, it will be good for young players to see his work ethic. See him preparing. See him trying to get back on the floor. See his love for the game.

Stuff like that lets you know that you can't take the opportunities you have for granted.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

good veteran presence who can teach jeremy and clarkson, and i think he can give us 10-15 minutes of effective play per night. he is still one of the greatest shooters of all time so he can still be effective if only as a spotup shooter.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Don't bet against my man Nash in the starting lineup on opening night with Kobe at the guard positions.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Any chance Nash actually can play 15 - 20 mins a game?

Nash
kobe
wesley
booz
Hill

with

Lin
xavier/clarkson
swaggy
Randle/kelly
Davis/Sacre

Not bad, not bad...maybe a 6th-8th seed??
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:

Nash
kobe
wesley
booz
Hill

with

Lin
xavier/clarkson
swaggy
Randle/kelly
Davis/Sacre

Very interesting bench, I think Henry may start ahead of Johnson, but we shall see. I think Hill and Boozer start with Davis and Randle backing them up respectively.

I think Nash could very well start over Lin if health with Lin playing more minutes.

That is an interesting lineup because the bench could definitely do some things if the chemistry is right.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Nash
kobe
wesley
booz
Hill

with

Lin
xavier/clarkson
swaggy
Randle/kelly
Davis/Sacre

Very interesting bench, I think Henry may start ahead of Johnson, but we shall see. I think Hill and Boozer start with Davis and Randle backing them up respectively.

I think Nash could very well start over Lin if health with Lin playing more minutes.

That is an interesting lineup because the bench could definitely do some things if the chemistry is right.

The last part is the head coach. if he can be decent, we might be very entertaining. not contenders but playoff basketball.

There isnt much drop off from our starting lineup and bench unless kobe is in god mode at this age. And thats not a knock on our starters. the bench has some scoring options with players who can take it to the hoop.
nashftw
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject:

it's not far fetched that Nash may spend some time starting and maybe playing 15+ minutes a night on the average. i think the almost whole year layoff might even have helped bring some life back to his legs and back. hope that steve can surprise us and the league this year!
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Due to his nerve issues and age, I only see Nash coming off the bench. Nash has stated he is fine but he hasn't pushed himself like the regular season will.

Can his nerves withstand 82 games straight and not act-up?

Either way I hope for a lively training camp.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
Due to his nerve issues and age, I only see Nash coming off the bench. Nash has stated he is fine but he hasn't pushed himself like the regular season will.

How many NBA players played all 82 games?

How many Spurs played 75+ games?

With JLin, Kobe and Swaggy P also playing in the backcourt, the need for him to play 30+ minute is not needed
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:43 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
kinein wrote:

With JLin, Kobe and Swaggy P also playing in the backcourt, the need for him to play 30+ minute is not needed

I agree, I see Nash as a 15-20 minute type of guy.
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
kinein wrote:

Same, he should be coming off the bench for starter continuity. Nash starting only 1/4 the games a year would disrupt chemistry vs. Lin probably being able to start 75+ games.
King beef
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

LakerLanny wrote:
I know his Laker tenure has been brutal so far, but the fact is when he has played...he is still an effective player, it really is all about health with him.

If by some chance he can have a healthy season, he really is a forgotten man....am I dreaming that Nash could have a big season for us this year out of nowhere?

Thoughts?

When Nash plays, he plays well. That is why I hope he doesnt play. If the Lakers want a top 5 pick so they dont have to send it to Phoenix, Nash needs to be a bench warmer.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject:

Nash potatoes ?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

TheSource666 wrote:
kinein wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
kinein wrote:

Same, he should be coming off the bench for starter continuity. Nash starting only 1/4 the games a year would disrupt chemistry vs. Lin probably being able to start 75+ games.
JLin had injury issues last season and much younger than Nash.

Nash would not disrupt chemistry because they play the same way and JLin b can learn TO from Nash
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
nash wrote:
Nash is a retired player still been payed and listed on a roster.

Tank 2.0 all the way

we have no lottery pick this year, right? (even if we suck). so no point in tanking imo

Nope, just gotta have a bottom five record or luck into the lottery. Both are totally doable.

Bottom 5 record doesn't mean a top 5 pick. You'd need both a terrible record AND luck on your side.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
kinein wrote:

We can only hope Nash can play 15mpg on a consistent basis. I would prefer Lin start and play 30mpg.

Biggest question then becomes do the Laker rely on Clarkson to play some minutes or do they sign a cheap vet?

One of the more under-rated aspects of the Young signing is finally a decent SG to help keep Kobe's mpg down. Would be thrilled if Kobe can hover around 30mpg for the season.

Concerning the worst 5 record issue. As we saw this past season, it is tough to be that bad. Lakers were pathetic and still had multiple teams worse. Kind of shocking to me in all honesty.

Makes you realize how spoiled we are as Laker fans. Never followed the cellar dwellers so never recognized how bad you really have to be to "earn" those top draft picks.
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Don't bet against my man Nash in the starting lineup on opening night with Kobe at the guard positions.

By before mid season he will break down....No ifs or buts about it.

I am saving this thread Lanny for future ammo
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Can't think of a laker I've ever liked less than steve Nash.

Laker fans complained about "overpaying" Pau. Laker fans P&M about Kobe's extension. But the selfish Canadian went out and played 15 games, so we couldn't medically retire him. Then says he did it for the money.

How come steve Nash constantly gets a pass.

He would've still been paid for the season if we medically retired him. Plus it would've given us much needed cap flexibility this offseason. Could've offered lebron and melo 4.5 mill more a piece. Could've had the same roster as now + lance stephenson or Isaiah Thomas. Not to mention the draft picks we lost for Nash.

I can think of 9 million places the lakers could spend Nash's money more effectively. I'm convinced he is a covert operative sent from Phoenix to destroy our roster from within. Jk. But he really has hurt us.
nashftw
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Laker fans complained about "overpaying" Pau. Laker fans P&M about Kobe's extension. But the selfish Canadian went out and played 15 games, so we couldn't medically retire him. Then says he did it for the money.

He would've still been paid for the season if we medically retired him. Plus it would've given us much needed cap flexibility this offseason. Could've offered lebron and melo 4.5 mill more a piece. Could've had the same roster as now + lance stephenson or Isaiah Thomas. Not to mention the draft picks we lost for Nash.

I can think of 9 million places the lakers could spend Nash's money more effectively. I'm convinced he is a covert operative sent from Phoenix to destroy our roster from within. Jk. But he really has hurt us.

From Nash's history, even if he was hurting, he would still play and grit it out. From all perspectives, last year was a disaster for the entire team and that included Nash. Misfortune happens a lot in the NBA especially when you subject your body to that kind of wear and tear.

Maybe this year, if he's healthy enough, he gets to show even just 75% of the MVP form and really help the team instead of hurting it. There are just too many positives in his past that they shouldn't be dismissed by just one negative season. I say give him a chance this year and see how he helps the team in many ways.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Nash = distraction....can we just buy him out and tell him to go away. First if he plays, it will be very little. Second you won't be able to depend on him. Third the will he, won't he play dialogue will get old. Finally he isn't going to be very productive when he does play.

Maybe the worst Laker trade ever.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject:

The Forgotten Thread!! LOL
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject:

Lin definitely will start and get most of the PG playing time.
Nash has never been good on the defensive end & his age only makes things worse.
2nd or 3rd PG at best (he actually needs to retire).
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

nashftw wrote:
kikanga wrote:

From Nash's history, even if he was hurting, he would still play and grit it out. From all perspectives, last year was a disaster for the entire team and that included Nash. Misfortune happens a lot in the NBA especially when you subject your body to that kind of wear and tear.

Maybe this year, if he's healthy enough, he gets to show even just 75% of the MVP form and really help the team instead of hurting it. There are just too many positives in his past that they shouldn't be dismissed by just one negative season. I say give him a chance this year and see how he helps the team in many ways.
Melo was not going give up $30M+

Lebron was not going to choose LA over Cleveland

Stephenson is a headache that outweighs the talent he brings

Why would we want 5'9" shoot-first PG - as talented.as he is

When things are chaotic and ever-changing, often this is when the greatest amount of injuries occur. Hopefully the roles will be more defined that will limit mishaps
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: