Malaysian Passenger Flight Shot Down Over Ukraine?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Malaysia Says Rebels to Hand Over Jet's Black Boxes

This is surprising. I thought, being that the Rebels are backed by Russia, hey would turn the boxes over to them.

I'm suspicious. I have a feeling the tapes have been tampered with. All reports say tampering is difficult. If someone goes into the boxes it will be detected.

They'd be idiots to even try. They have tons to lose by trying to do so and there really isn't much to gain. Voice recordings aren't going to reveal much that isn't already known. Even if those responsible somehow had the ability to contact the plane, it's highly doubtful they do so to give some kind of threat or warning. And there's not going to be anything said between the crew and ground controls that is going to reveal anything that isn't already known.

They are idiots, they shot down a commercial passenger jet. As you say they don't have anything to gain. All evidence points to the culprits. Russia has most to lose. Their conspiracy theories are laughable.

Not saying they aren't idiots, nor excusing their mistake, but even the great and powerful US of A has shot down a civilian airliner.

So did the Soviets, Bulgaria and others. None acted after the fact as this group. I can understand the mistake not the after the fact.

You missed the spirit of my post there bud.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

This is surprising. I thought, being that the Rebels are backed by Russia, hey would turn the boxes over to them.

I'm suspicious. I have a feeling the tapes have been tampered with. All reports say tampering is difficult. If someone goes into the boxes it will be detected.

They'd be idiots to even try. They have tons to lose by trying to do so and there really isn't much to gain. Voice recordings aren't going to reveal much that isn't already known. Even if those responsible somehow had the ability to contact the plane, it's highly doubtful they do so to give some kind of threat or warning. And there's not going to be anything said between the crew and ground controls that is going to reveal anything that isn't already known.

They are idiots, they shot down a commercial passenger jet. As you say they don't have anything to gain. All evidence points to the culprits. Russia has most to lose. Their conspiracy theories are laughable.

Not saying they aren't idiots, nor excusing their mistake, but even the great and powerful US of A has shot down a civilian airliner.

So did the Soviets, Bulgaria and others. None acted after the fact as this group. I can understand the mistake not the after the fact.

No, believe me I didn't this time, I noticed the wink. I'm just really upset at the way the rebels showed no respect for the dead.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

No, believe me I didn't this time, I noticed the wink. I'm just really upset at the way the rebels showed no respect for the dead.

How could one not be.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Putin's popularity is at a 14-year high.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Here's a good article on the way this incident is being covered in the Russian press:

http://www.newrepublic.com/node/118782

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Here's a good article on the way this incident is being covered in the Russian press:

http://www.newrepublic.com/node/118782

Interesting read. I gotta add this though. Is that website written by people with English as a second language? Some of it read like a Babelfish webpage. Holy verbosity Batman! Less is more you Internet Journalist guy you!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LINK

US: No link to Russian government in Flight MH17 downing

Last week it was Russia's fault. This week, we don't really know. Give a child a gun, that child kills, you're responsible. You don't pull the trigger, you made it possible.

I'm not surprised. Politics is a game of Texas Side Stepping.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Last week it was Russia's fault. This week, we don't really know. Give a child a gun, that child kills, you're responsible. You don't pull the trigger, you made it possible.

I see what you are trying to say, and I don't necessarily disagree.

But I will ask you this. Should the US be blamed for the children that are killed by the Israeli weaponry provided by the US and/or the military aid provided to them?

I'm not trying to bring the politics of the Gaza situation into this thread - you know I have been against that. I'm just asking a question about the way way you envision lame being doled out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

But I will ask you this. Should the US be blamed for the children that are killed by the Israeli weaponry provided by the US and/or the military aid provided to them?

I'm not trying to bring the politics of the Gaza situation into this thread - you know I have been against that. I'm just asking a question about the way way you envision lame being doled out.

I understand your point and so not to digress I'll give a short answer without explanation, NO.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

I understand your point and so not to digress I'll give a short answer without explanation, NO.

The difference is there would be no Russian insurgency in Ukraine without active Russian support from the highest levels of the Russian government. These guys are providing military hardware and support of Russian special forces to actively encourage a rebellion. Big difference between that and just an arms sale.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

I think the US is trying to give Putin a way out of this. If he abandons the separatists and point to a rogue militia unit as the culprit he may get less of the blame and save face.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

LINK

FAA extends flight ban to Israel for another 24 hours

I understand the reasoning. I see talk about Israel losing tourism money. I put life before money.
Quote:
Analysts say the ban is a blow to tourism, but one that could be overcome once the ban is lifted.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Interesting double standard there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Where's the double standard? Note bolded.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

The difference is there would be no Russian insurgency in Ukraine without active Russian support from the highest levels of the Russian government. These guys are providing military hardware and support of Russian special forces to actively encourage a rebellion. Big difference between that and just an arms sale.

The US isn't simply selling arms to Israel - there's a great deal of military aid involved - Aid that comes because Israel says it is needed to help it defend itself. The difference is actually quite little.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

Where's the double standard?

It's all there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

The number of children being killed is really disturbing. I'm surprised the fact they are children hasn't raised more furor and demand for a cease fire. LINK LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The number of children being killed is really disturbing. I'm surprised the fact they are children hasn't raised more furor and demand for a cease fire. LINK

I noticed they shelled a UN school after the UN said they were going to investigate them for war crimes....seems like retribution to me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LINK

The reason I said NO without explanation. It would spark a debate in the wrong thread.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Ukraine rebel leader confirms for the first time that Russian separatists DID have BUK anti-aircraft missiles after U.S. intelligence chiefs said Putin ‘bears responsibility’ for MH17

Not that anyone really had any doubts.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The number of children being killed is really disturbing. I'm surprised the fact they are children hasn't raised more furor and demand for a cease fire. LINK LINK

I know ..not correct thread . but those are not children..at least if not Israeli

Those are two things
Human Shields
Future Terrorists
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I know ..not correct thread . but those are not children..at least if not Israeli

Those are two things
Human Shields
Future Terrorists

Yeah, guilty again. I should start a thread just about Gaza.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Those are two things
Human Shields
Future Terrorists

Stop it dude. That is purely hyperbolic and irrational generalization. You can't expect to have any credibility while engaging in that kind of gross and offensive exaggeration.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

LINK

Fighting intensifies near MH17 crash site

How fortunate are we to be living in a country where when you wake up in the morning you don't hear bombs dropping, tanks rolling down your street, fear soldiers confiscating your property?

Where there is little or no chance of a plane being shot down and armies looting the site.

Count your blessings.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Fighting intensifies near MH17 crash site

Count your blessings.

So you, we, are all "blessed"? And those people there, young and old, are not?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: