6) 09 10
7) 09 10
8) 10 09
9) 10 09
10) 10 10
11) 10 10
12) 09 10

thank you, man...
now, you think if Lara was named Floyd Mayweather, he'd lose a close fight like that? or even get a draw? LOL
Floyd Mayweather will win most, if not all, swing rounds. I stand by my post that if Lara is Mayweather, he'd eke out the win.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
jodeke wrote:
This is my round by round Canelo vs Lara

---C---L

1) 09 10
2) 09 10
3) 10 09
4) 10 09
5) 10 09
6) 09 10
7) 09 10
8) 10 09
9) 10 09
10) 10 10
11) 10 10
12) 09 10

thank you, man...
now, you think if Lara was named Floyd Mayweather, he'd lose a close fight like that? or even get a draw? LOL
Floyd Mayweather will win most, if not all, swing rounds. I stand by my post that if Lara is Mayweather, he'd eke out the win.

Everyone understands your point -

Everyone else's point is that Mayweather doesnt fight that way - he wins rounds by being defensive, but also smart. In actuality if you look at his past 3 fights, he has actually been the aggressor.

By your logic, yes even Manny would win if it was him instead of Lara.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Excuses. Money. Promotional. Kinda like Ric Fllair (NWA) vs Hulk Hogan (WWF). Damn shame. But if Top Rank doesn't sign Rigo, we could finally see him against Santa Cruz.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Start booking your vacations for next May.

Floyd vs. Manny in Vegas.

Inside info, Nissan?

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Rigo went Floyd vs Ortiz. Number one rule in boxing: protect yourself at all times. Another fighter not happy with Top Rank whose contract is up.

I saw that! I forgot that he was fighting this weekend and he wasn't on the broadcast, but it was posted on Youtube fairly quick. I was thinking the same thing, except with Victor, he went to hug Floyd like 20 million times (exaggeration). In Rigo's fight, I think it was more the referee not giving the guy enough time to recover from the accidental headbutt that clearly made it difficult to go right away. Ref should've given him the 5 min. standard for accidental or intentional fouls.

Nonetheless, I was figuring Rigo would knock him out anyway. Unfortunately for Rigo, the last time he stepped up his game to knock out a great caliber opponent was with Rico Ramos (although, he's looked like he might have been overrated a 'bit now, after seeing his last few fights). His acceptance of winning by points is what the Networks don't like about him. For him, he can be as un-happy as he wants with Top Rank, but the Networks won't pay big money for fighters that won't truly entertain and generate #'s.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
jodeke wrote:
This is my round by round Canelo vs Lara

---C---L

1) 09 10
2) 09 10
3) 10 09
4) 10 09
5) 10 09
6) 09 10
7) 09 10
8) 10 09
9) 10 09
10) 10 10
11) 10 10
12) 09 10

thank you, man...

Floyd would have done alot more just like he did when he fought Canelo. FLoyd won that fight. There was no doubt about it. Lara, ran, people can say "sweet Science" all you wan,t but that (bleep) wasnt it. That (bleep) was running. At times yes, he did look good first 2 rounds, then after Canelo did some bodywork. IT was a run for the hills fight.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how you can give a fighter a round when he is literally running around the ring and his opponent has to run over to try to hit him.

Lara was winning the fight until he felt Canelo's power and body punches and decided it was best to run for the rest of the fight.

People are just being dumb if they're comparing Lara's style to Floyd's style. Floyd knows he has to be aggressive and has been the aggressor since he came back from his retirement. Floyd doesn't win rounds by being a defensive fighter and running around. Floyd wins rounds by neutralizing his opponent's attack and with his pinpoint accuracy.

Did he really think he was going to win a prize fight fighting like he was in the amateurs and using the point system?
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Why are super-fights so hard to put together? Floyd/Manny...Couldn't put together GSP/Silva either. And there was so much time to do it, just were never able to happen, in both cases.

Too much risk for both sides to make a fight. Why make a risky fight when you can keep milking the fighter with other opponents?
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Inside info, Nissan?

All I am going to say is both camps are open to making the fight. Somehow both HBO and Showtime will have to work together to make the fight because they both fight for two different networks.

Like I have been saying for a long time... this fight will only take place when both fighters are almost ready to retire.

Arum is running out of opponents for Manny and Floyd is also running out of opponents. Floyd's contract ends next year and plans to retire after 2015.

Who will leave a $100M paycheck on the table?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Inside info, Nissan?

All I am going to say is both camps are open to making the fight. Somehow both HBO and Showtime will have to work together to make the fight because they both fight for two different networks.

Like I have been saying for a long time... this fight will only take place when both fighters are almost ready to retire.

Arum is running out of opponents for Manny and Floyd is also running out of opponents. Floyd's contract ends next year and plans to retire after 2015.

Floyd has a few opponents left but running out of opponents suitable for Showtime. Does Showtime wanna see Thurman, Broner, Garcia, Khan or Porter. Floyd vs Khan would be the best bet to satisfy Showtime especially with the UK fans. Can't rule out Porter especially if he has a great performance against Brook. Probably won't fight Broner and maybe fight Thurman which would do poor PPV numbers.

Manny has ran out of opponents. That's why they're bringing up Algeri. There's still Ruslan but Roach don't wanna see that. Sometimes loyalty is the worst thing in the world. They've passed up 100M before. Why wouldn't they do it again? Floyd's holding all the cards. Same as when Oscar fought Floyd. Same as when Leonard fought Hagler even though Hagler was the champ. Cash cow calls shots.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Inside info, Nissan?

The huge reason if this fight doesn't go down but they've worked before, they can do it again (Lewis vs Tyson)
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Inside info, Nissan?

Floyd has a few opponents left but running out of opponents suitable for Showtime. Does Showtime wanna see Thurman, Broner, Garcia, Khan or Porter. Floyd vs Khan would be the best bet to satisfy Showtime especially with the UK fans. Can't rule out Porter especially if he has a great performance against Brook. Probably won't fight Broner and maybe fight Thurman which would do poor PPV numbers.

Manny has ran out of opponents. That's why they're bringing up Algeri. There's still Ruslan but Roach don't wanna see that. Sometimes loyalty is the worst thing in the world. They've passed up 100M before. Why wouldn't they do it again? Floyd's holding all the cards. Same as when Oscar fought Floyd. Same as when Leonard fought Hagler even though Hagler was the champ. Cash cow calls shots.

Well, as much as I'd love to believe it, I'm not getting my hopes up again. When the initial fight's negotiations broke down, that's the last time I got hyped up about it. When the contracts are signed, and they're both fully in training camp, with a definitive date for the fight, that's when I'll start to get hype about it...

In the meantime, I wonder if Uncle Bob will offer up a "Buy 1, get 2nd half off" deal...LOL (yeah, I know, I'm dreaming...but we're all allowed to dream, right?). In other words, if the fans actually buy the Algieri fight, they'll get a discount on a Floyd fight!...hahahaha. I'm laughing (but also crying inside).

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

GGG this weekend!

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Three (3) boxing cards on TV tomorrow (FNF on ESPN 2, Shobox on Showtime, Golden Boy Live on Fox Sports 1)

GGG vs. Geale on HBO, Saturday night.

And if you want to try finding a stream for it, Tyson Fury fighting on Saturday also.

rak_90046
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for GGG.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

GGG and Geale is gonna be a good scrap. Won't be easy for Golovkin. Geale is a good fighter and tough.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Inside info, Nissan?

this fight ain't happening... Pacquiao just asked Floyd to fight for charity... I think "Money" Mayweather would not like that.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Danny Garcia fight is at 142 now and is a non-title fight, he's making a LW go up in weight AND fighting at a catch weight He needs to hurry and move up to 147, he'll be exposed real quick. That Barclay's card is such a joke.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/7/23/5929319/danny-garcia-to-fight-rod-salka-at-142lb-catchweight
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

GGG! I can't see Cotto getting in there with him. I love hearing his interviews as much as watching his fights. Beast! His movements are so minimal and looks effortless.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
GGG and Geale is gonna be a good scrap. Won't be easy for Golovkin. Geale is a good fighter and tough.

Ref said walk to me, Geale said GGG is a baaaaaaaad man. He said he wants Cotto. He's so effortless, makes it look so easy. Cotto is looking like Cotto of old. I think it will be a good fight if it happens.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I was really shocked. Not only did dude get caught with a shot, he also return a straight bomb and made a tough dude say no more. You could tell Geale wanted to continue but after his balance and equilibrium was off, he said no more. Then proceeded to have another delayed reaction.

Cotto don't wanna see this dude.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
I was really shocked. Not only did dude get caught with a shot, he also return a straight bomb and made a tough dude say no more. You could tell Geale wanted to continue but after his balance and equilibrium was off, he said no more. Then proceeded to have another delayed reaction.

In the replays of the final knockdown they didn't show the hard left to the body that Golovkin threw right before they traded rights. IMO that body shot was still causing Geale problems as they stopped the fight. It was a vicious shot.

Maybe he fights Sturm while waiting for the winner of Alvarez Cotto. Alvarez has a chance but IMO Cotto is too small and hittable. I think he doesn't make it past 6. Quillen? Who knows if he will fight anyone credible soon. Seems like Haymon is holding him back for one good money fight. He doesn't want to risk his "and 0" against anyone because it is definitely at risk.
rak_90046
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I heard Freddy Roach was there, scouting the GGG fight, to see it will be a good fit for cotto. Freddy probably said, only GGG fight with one hand tied behind his back.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

In the replays of the final knockdown they didn't show the hard left to the body that Golovkin threw right before they traded rights. IMO that body shot was still causing Geale problems as they stopped the fight. It was a vicious shot.

Maybe he fights Sturm while waiting for the winner of Alvarez Cotto. Alvarez has a chance but IMO Cotto is too small and hittable. I think he doesn't make it past 6. Quillen? Who knows if he will fight anyone credible soon. Seems like Haymon is holding him back for one good money fight. He doesn't want to risk his "and 0" against anyone because it is definitely at risk.

Middleweight division in a nutshell: Cotto is the man because he beat the man who beat the man but isn't the best in the division. Golovkin has now beaten three top ten 160ers, all by brutal stoppages but can't get a sniff at the top prize.

Quillen is on Showtime, so all his main competition is on HBO. Oscar has him in line for a possible bout with Canelo later after the possible Cotto bout. If Canelo beats Cotto and then unifies Quillen's title, he still wouldn't be the best in the division. I think he has Quillen holding that belt for Alvarez.

If I'm GGG and I don't get Cotto in December, I go after Sam Soliman, use him as a tune up fight while taking his IBF title in the process. And if Cotto fights GGG, there better not be a catch weight. You're the champ at 160, you fight at 160. That's the one thing that pissed me off about Floyd vs Canelo.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I think if he can't get a top fight in the US he will fight Sturm in Germany. GGG lives there and he probably can make 4 - 5 million off a fight like that. GGG started as a pro late in life and he wants to ring that cash register bell as often as he can before he retires. I think there is more money in a Sturm fight rather than Soliman especially in Germany.

Personally I think Cotto has little chance against him. Alvarez probably has the best shot but he hasn't fought a single fight at 160 and hasn't been exactly blowing people out of the ring at 154. Could be he is stornger at 160 cuz he's a growing boy, but that remains to be seen. Alvarez has a solid chin too. Better than Cotto I would say.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Canelo usually walks around at 175 so 160 should be easy for him. The power should come up. Facing Strum would probably be the best bet as far as cashing in. He could cash in more if Cotto faves him in New York.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 306, 307, 308 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 307 of 514
Jump to: