The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Watch out for Nash, if he is healthy he is going to win some of the haters back!

Sounds a lot like Bynum.

minus a bowling ball.. haha. Nash looked great in the interview today. I wouldn't count him out but I also don't expect coaching to force him to play 40 min a game. They're going to maximize Nash without running his body into the ground. He will contribute and do great things.
summerly
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Watch out for Nash, if he is healthy he is going to win some of the haters back!

Sounds a lot like Bynum.

minus a bowling ball.. haha. Nash looked great in the interview today. I wouldn't count him out but I also don't expect coaching to force him to play 40 min a game. They're going to maximize Nash without running his body into the ground. He will contribute and do great things.

Cant wait for the season start.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I really hope, for his sake, that Nash can have a mostly healthy season and get to contribute.

the only way I can see Nash be of help is by mentoring Byron Scott how to run an offensive play. and mentoring Lin too

other than that, I'd lower my expectations with a 40yr old PG. Having followed Nash career from Phx to Dallas to Phx then LA, I wish he can regain his old playing form, but that is probably not gonna happen.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

LakerLanny wrote:
I know his Laker tenure has been brutal so far, but the fact is when he has played...he is still an effective player, it really is all about health with him.

If by some chance he can have a healthy season, he really is a forgotten man....am I dreaming that Nash could have a big season for us this year out of nowhere?

Thoughts?

Lanny, sadly the Nash body has turned on him... I would love to see him come on back and be at least a percentage of the threat he once was... If he could with this unit of athletes and shooters ooooohhhh he would be something special! I with you Lanny as far as the possibility..
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Forgotten Man -- Steve Nash

THE_SHOES wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I know his Laker tenure has been brutal so far, but the fact is when he has played...he is still an effective player, it really is all about health with him.

If by some chance he can have a healthy season, he really is a forgotten man....am I dreaming that Nash could have a big season for us this year out of nowhere?

Thoughts?

Lanny, sadly the Nash body has turned on him... I would love to see him come on back and be at least a percentage of the threat he once was... If he could with this unit of athletes and shooters ooooohhhh he would be something special! I with you Lanny as far as the possibility..

Shooooooooes !!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
psy123321123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Why are we still caring about this person as a contributing player? Lol. Maybe moral support.
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Hopefull he can give around 20 minutes a game and play most games. If we have any chance of making the playoffs, he will be needed there
shoulder doc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Steve Nash will be a great mentor and positive locker room influence. However it is not realistic from a medical perspective to expect a regular direct contribution on the court. His dedication and work effort are there but the problem is he fractured the fibula bone near the knee right where the main nerve to the leg contacts the bone. Add to his already preexisting back problem with nerve compression from the back and his age, it's hard to see how it's possible for his body to hold up to the rigors of playing in the NBA.

As a fan, I still hope he can beat the odds and surprise me, but it's very unlikely.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Stop trolling us Lanny. Don't treat us like Blazer fans on Oregonlive in 2001.

Haa! I was thinking the same thing.......
........Ah...GOOD TIMES.....Scotty "towel boy" Pippen....Shamus Mc Poundamire......GOOD TIMES!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: