OFFICIAL XAVIER HENRY THREAD...BACK 1 MORE YEAR FOR MINIMUM (Pg 26)!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Purp&Gold wrote:
can we just play him at home games.

Yep.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/henryxa01/splits/2014/
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

This kid has potential. I'm really happy about this, hope he can stay healthy.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Wtf is up with the guys free throw shooting though? If he could improve to 80%, he has the potential to be a 25ppg scorer Imo because with starters minutes, he could hit 8-10 fts per game with his phenomenal slashing that he does. If he is going to be a 60 percent ft shooter, then his slashing ability is useless.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
This kid has potential. I'm really happy about this, hope he can stay healthy.

Yeah, that's it...
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Terrific potential, hopefully he has a break out year. I suspect he will.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Terrific potential, hopefully he has a break out year. I suspect he will.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
what the heck is up with the guys free throw shooting though? If he could improve to 80%, he has the potential to be a 25ppg scorer Imo because with starters minutes, he could hit 8-10 fts per game with his phenomenal slashing that he does. If he is going to be a 60 percent ft shooter, then his slashing ability is useless.

To his defense he improved his FT shooting as the season progressed. Here are the stats:

Month - FT%
October - .529
November - .587
December - .663
March - .794
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

That is good to hear. Hopefully he is a solid 75-80% this season, then this kid would be a great find for a bargain price.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
what the heck is up with the guys free throw shooting though? If he could improve to 80%, he has the potential to be a 25ppg scorer Imo because with starters minutes, he could hit 8-10 fts per game with his phenomenal slashing that he does. If he is going to be a 60 percent ft shooter, then his slashing ability is useless.

To his defense he improved his FT shooting as the season progressed. Here are the stats:

Month - FT%
October - .529
November - .587
December - .663
March - .794
LMAO at your avatar man! What is it that Pau was doing right there?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Month - FT%
October - .529
November - .587
December - .663
March - .794

Probably asking for a double dribble after getting beat by Griffin.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

WB SON!!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 3m

Kupchak stressing defense regarding @XavierHenry: "We expect he’ll strive to add to his skillset and become a well-rounded player.”

Mitch:" hey X, become a more rounded player (better defender) and step in that starting 3 spot. We'd love for you to get that spot over Wesley"
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

The new "bench mob" is set!

On paper the bench appears strong again
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Month - FT%
October - .529
November - .587
December - .663
March - .794

Probably asking for a double dribble after getting beat by Griffin.

I thought he was acting like a cat.

Re: FT% numbers. Wow, i didnt know he was improving like that. Good to see.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

X is a fearless driver, he absorbs contact and finishes. He is well worth the min. and probably much more. B will like his aggressiveness. Always plays hard, except he will have to defense, this is not MDA ball any longer.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Swift wrote:
Great to have him back! Solid player for the minimum lets just hope he can stay healthy!! Assuming Marshall/Kelly comes back

Lin/Nash/Marshall
Kobe/Clarkson
Xavier/Young
Randle/Boozer/Davis/Kelly
Hill/Sacre

Kelly YES, Marshall NO

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

Exactly. I don't see 25 but 18-22 for sure. He's just very inconsistent, I really hope playing alongside Kobe he gets better. Play the role of Ariza but a better scorer.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Exactly. I don't see 25 but 18-22 for sure. He's just very inconsistent, I really hope playing alongside Kobe he gets better. Play the role of Ariza but a better scorer.

and i'll bring it down even another notch. lol. i think he can realistically be a 16ppg scorer. skill wise he's not far off from a Parsons -- at least off the dribble/being able to get to penetrate. shooting wise there's room for improvement, but he's a solid shooter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
scoobs wrote:

and i'll bring it down even another notch. lol. i think he can realistically be a 16ppg scorer. skill wise he's not far off from a Parsons -- at least off the dribble/being able to get to penetrate. shooting wise there's room for improvement, but he's a solid shooter.

Are people serious? Maybe in spurts but not long term. Maybe a 12-13 ppg at best if he's actually healthy enough to play enough games.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Are people serious? Maybe in spurts but not long term. Maybe a 12-13 ppg at best if he's actually healthy enough to play enough games.

what are his limitations on offense where he couldnt avg 15ppg? and i didnt mean he'd avg that this year; in a couple years. he's only 23 years old. he's a solid base of a player

sure, he's very left handed, but that can be improved upon. and in that, taking his off the dribble game to just the next level, i really do think he can be a 15ppg scorer. if his stepback J and catch n shoot jumpers fall.
and btw, he still got to the rim almost at will, after teams knew of his "very left handed" scouting report

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Stay healthy, X, please. We can't afford to have you out for any extended period of time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
scoobs wrote:

what are his limitations on offense where he couldnt avg 15ppg? and i didnt mean he'd avg that this year; in a couple years. he's only 23 years old. he's a solid base of a player

For one being healthy which is kind of important. You can't keep on climbing a hill, falling down because of injury than expect him to climb higher and higher.

He can be a good role player. But he needs to work on not just crashing into people and using his upper body. He can improve but always being hurt will hamper his improvement.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Month - FT%
October - .529
November - .587
December - .663
March - .794

hardest foul Pau tried in his career, and he missed all them lovely taps at Blake. LOL

as for Henry... good we got him for cheaps... but what's up with him? can't he get any decent deal somewhere?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Criticism notwithstanding I'm very happy Xavier is back for the minimum.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject:

health issues aside and all.. i hate how people see a players game at 22 years old and dont picture them making any major improvements. or any improvement period. they just say "he's this, he's that." people dont see his whole game as special right now, and they write him off.
he's not supposed to be special at 22 years old, in basically only his 2nd season of decent playing time. he's supposed to improve.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: