****OFFICIAL FRONT OFFICE DISCUSSION & CRITIQUE THREAD****
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
Who cares we don't have our pick.

Lakers get their Pick back from the Suns if they finish with the 5th worst record in the League.

Yeah but getting the 5th worst record was never realistic with Kobe on the team. The FO is just trying to do it's best field a competitive squad while protecting their future interest.

Basically confirming mediocrity?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
FRONT OFFICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric, chill'ax... I originally started this thread titled Lakers have hit an all time low point, but it was changed to P&M thread.

I wasn't P&M'ing at time just expressing my opinion, but your taking it to another level & personal.

We know it's a rough time but nothing to get your blood pressure up. As most of us know they (management) are in damage control, it's gonna take at least 3 years for us to be relevant in all likely hood after Kobe's contract is off the books.

Don't get worked up over uncontrollable circumstances!

Peace.
HC: Riley
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

How about letting them play the games first and see what happens?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:

Lakers get their Pick back from the Suns if they finish with the 5th worst record in the League.

Yeah but getting the 5th worst record was never realistic with Kobe on the team. The FO is just trying to do it's best field a competitive squad while protecting their future interest.

Basically confirming mediocrity?

Well what do you expect with an aging Kobe that takes so much of the lakers cap? Lakers have gone through mediocrity before they returned to championship glory. It won't be any different now. And either way I have hope for this team that they can make the playoffs, so ehh.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
How about letting them play the games first and see what happens?

True. Maybe Dante Exum propels the Jazz to the playoffs or the Spurs tumble out of the lottery because of grandfather legs. Forecasting is overrated anyway.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Im going to troll this thread with optimism
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:

I think the majority of these past decisions fall on Jim Buss.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:

We get a Top 5 pick as long as we have the 5th worst record.

It's not 5th worst record, it's top 5 protected. We are guaranteed the pick only if we have the 1st or 2nd worst record, which is the only way we're guaranteed to have a top 5 pick.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Agreed, every one of them is on him!!! Mitch's hands are tied...
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

The quick decent of the Lakers does not necessarily fall on the Lakers, the down fall quickly happen once the devil Stern & some owners had their agenda to not allow the Lakers to improve or better themselves with Chris Paul trade, hence getting something for Pau & Lamar, in which lead to the desperate trade for Nash which is a whole different story!

That certainly was a dagger, but after two years later not getting anything at all for Pau in another trade was dreadful for this front office. I would have been happy if they got a late 1st rd pick or gave him away for a bench player?

No team wants the Lakers to keep winning Chips, they have to do it themselves, the sooner they realize that the better off the Lakers & we will all be!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Well if you have no idea what is going on, it is always best to just make up facts to support your bias.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Well if you have no idea what is going on, it is always best to just make up facts to support your bias.

Just Google Jim Buss and it is all there for your reading pleasure. Here is only a few for people who do not want to face the facts. I am being generous when I say "a few". You probably can find articles to say otherwise. However, I disagree with your statement that I am simply "making this stuff up"

The Bitter End: Shaw recounts shady fallout with Lakers' brass

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/11/01/brian-shawlakers

Brian Shaw peeved at Lakers VP Jim Buss

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30682519

Jim Buss ruining Lakers? Phil Jackson feud, hiring practices will be Los Angeles' downfall [VIDEO]

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/11073/20140326/jim-buss-ruining-lakers-phil-jackson-feud-hiring-practices-will-be-los-angeles-downfall.htm

Ronnie Lester's 24-year run ending

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=6732871

Magic Johnson says Jim Buss has to ‘get his ego out of’ running the Lakers

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/magic-johnson-says-jim-buss-ego-running-lakers-181506993--nba.html

Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson want Lakers to hire Phil Jackson back, not Knicks

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/magic-lakers-knicks-hire-phil-jackson-article-1.1719441#ixzz37qkgZtg4

How Jim Buss ruined the Lakers

http://www.laobserved.com/intell/2013/07/how_jim_buss_ruined_the_lakers.php

The Lakers Have Lost Their Way

LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I just saw this on yahoo, why, why on earth would they be mum & not say by all reports he is the next head coach???

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/byron-scott-says-la-lakers-191135724--nba.html

Jimmy is being a real knuckle head owner! I will always love & root for the Lakers but this guy has no clue on how to run a team, act like an owner nor dress like a professional, etc... I refuse to watch or read any thing he has to say which isn't much to begin with.

I gotta keep my blood pressure down with this guy so I won't tell you what I really think of him! I wish someone else was in charge!!! As far as Mitch, he is a puppet since Jerry Buss passed away. Mitch would be doing much more things in a timely manner if he wasn't hand cuffed by this no clue owner.

Geez'um...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
I just saw this on yahoo, why, why on earth would they be mum & not say by all reports he is the next head coach???

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/byron-scott-says-la-lakers-191135724--nba.html

Jimmy is being a real knuckle head owner! I will always love & root for the Lakers but this guy has no clue on how to run a team, act like an owner nor dress like a professional, etc... I refuse to watch or read any thing he has to say which isn't much to begin with.

I gotta keep my blood pressure down with this guy so I won't tell you what I really think of him! I wish someone else was in charge!!! As far as Mitch, he is a puppet since Jerry Buss passed away. Mitch would be doing much more things in a timely manner if he wasn't hand cuffed by this no clue owner.

Geez'um...

The lawyers are finalizing the contract. Lakers generally don't make an official announcement until things are final. Per ESPN, they signed him for 4 years, 17mil. I have no idea what you're so upset about.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

Just Google Jim Buss and it is all there for your reading pleasure. Here is only a few for people who do not want to face the facts. I am being generous when I say "a few". You probably can find articles to say otherwise. However, I disagree with your statement that I am simply "making this stuff up"

Jim Buss ruining Lakers? Phil Jackson feud, hiring practices will be Los Angeles' downfall [VIDEO]

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/articles/11073/20140326/jim-buss-ruining-lakers-phil-jackson-feud-hiring-practices-will-be-los-angeles-downfall.htm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/magic-johnson-says-jim-buss-ego-running-lakers-181506993--nba.html

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/magic-lakers-knicks-hire-phil-jackson-article-1.1719441#ixzz37qkgZtg4

laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: LakerMike2 is correct

Quote:
Since 1970 this Lakers franchise has hit an all time low point, in my 40+ years of following this team. I haven’t seen this teams roster be this bad since Kareem was acquired in that huge deal sending Junior Bridgeman, Dave Myers, Elmore Smith & another player for a young super star who was about 26 years old. At that time we filled our roster with an old players such as Lucious Allen, Don Chaney, Cazzie Russell & a drafted rookie Don Ford as starters. You all remember the rest & it was history in the making with new ownership & some great deals that brought us Magic & James.

We always had the opportunity to improve this team because we always had players we could move & an owner with the passion & desire to win! Now his son takes over & we are in disarray. I have NEVER ever seen a team with no coach before or after a draft, while trying to sign free agents (don’t wanna hear bout the super stars opinion of who cause Mitch keeps saying Kobe was never given that opportunity), going into summer league with no system, etc. Who in the world is gonna sign with us when they don’t know who’s going to coach them? We don’t even have more than 4 players signed to fill a starting line up, unheard of.

Face it, Lebron was never gonna sign here nor Melo for what it’s worth. I had so much confidence that we would acquire K. Love & or Irving after their rookie contracts or that group instead of all these rumors which are completely absurd of getting players who are already 30 years old & doing it all over again in 4 or 5 years. Haven’t they learned their lesson on acquiring older players or BUILDING a team like the Spurs, Suns, Raptors or OKC. I’d rather have 7 players making 7-8 mill a year instead of what they have done signing a once great player coming off a achilles injury who is 34 & has much mileage on his legs & body or sign another super star for another 22 mill & still not have the pieces to make the playoffs. We all know they over paid Kobe, he certainly isn’t worth 25 mill anymore & they could have given him 20 mill & either he takes it or walks!

Kobe has been great, but I’m a Laker fan far before & after. He is all about Kobe since his early days, the Piston Finals loss & since he forced Shaq out. The days of him isolating & hogging the ball were over 3 years ago, that’s why management should’ve known, even more with latest injury. I’m a fond believer in you don’t pay a player for the past you pay them for what you think they can contribute now & in future.

The Lakers have NO plan, I firmly believe that. Jimmy Buss is gonna Frank McCourt this team into the ground, Mitch’s hands are tied & he’s gotta be stressed out. This team, city & fans would be better off with new ownership! We are in a sad pathetic state right now, no room for improvement & players like Nash can’t be traded cause of age & contract.

I tell my son every week, stop getting your hopes up because they won’t show any improvement or get any better until Kobe is gone. They must rebuild this team not add huge salaries & old age to it. My years of knowing this team & years of cheers & jeers have taught me to not get over excited about this situation & according to these unbelievable rumors, hopes & threads are immune to emotion unless it is finalized.

I would like us to be respectable & sign players who play hard & understand the all around game. I thought the Meeks, Young’s, Johnson’s would do well here, but the last two coaches have ruined any young players ability to sustain production. I would love to see Jordan Hill come back & be given a chance to play 30 minutes a game if the training staff is sure his body is up to it, we need more competitive players not selfish players.

Melo nor Bron was considering LA, many posts & concerns are obvious. I would like this team to move on & hire a coach immediately & get involved with the free agents that are NOT table scraps, because once again I believe that’s what were gonna end up with if they don’t start acting instead of pretending & creating their own fantasy team. Why is this so hard for everyone to understand?

I am so disappointed in ownership for this false conception & misleading of the fans, we are the laughing stock of the league right now. I just saw the Celtics make a trade for a decent player in Marcus Thornton, but we don’t have the pieces to even pull off a trade such as that because we have NO trad-able pieces, yes Pau should have been traded two years ago. I’d much rather be in the position of having a young super star at age 26 like Kareem & build a team, than add on older players. Like I said I really don’t see anything good in the next 2 or 3 years until Kobe’s is gone or retired & Nash are gone! Don't hold your breathe all, but I am not to optimistic about next two or three years. By saying that, it could be 3 or 4 years before Lakers basketball is relevant again. I certainly hope management proves me wrong?

The Lakers need some guys who know basketball in the FO. Mich Kupchak is maybe OK, but he doesn't have the vision of a Jerry West.
And a super scout is needed for player and coach evaluations. The FO has made SO MANY mistakes that it is pathetic. shameful.
DAntoni and Nash at the cost of loosing Howard. At least Howard can protect the rim. A big deal.
Poor Byron Scott has trash to work with, as he had with Cleveland.
Even Phil Jackson cannot make this trash into a winner.

A downward spiral caused by the signing of Nash and DAntoni.
Ruin and Gun.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
laker4life wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
laker4life wrote:
LakerEric wrote:

I know people who send me stuff like that about our president...
magical.lakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: peter vecsey: love said all along he wanted to return to LA but jimmy buss scared him

celtics podcast but a lot of good laker talk:

http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/show/6/749/show_6749013_2014_08_01_21_42_32.mp3

at 15 minute mark, vecsey said that love told people all along that he wanted to return to la and be a laker. but jimmy buss "scared him"

interesting to note that later in the podcast, vecsey did a pickup basketball game at rucker park and he was a coach and kyrie irving and kevin love were his assistants. also said that kyrie told everyone he was out of cleveland. vecsey talked to kyrie's godfather, rod strickland, and he said he was going to leave but the new management wowed him then they got bron and that was that lol

he did say that if he thinks durant goes anywhere , he comes to the p&g. said that around 14 minute mark

also called the byron scott hiring "weak" said hes "not a worker" and brings his golf clubs on the road with him etc.

really recommend the listen - full vecsey interview starts at 9 minute mark. lot of good stuff in there.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

Peter Vecsey? I'll skip thx!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject:

There you go. Peter Vecsey=LG Lounge poster...
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

Is it because Jim dresses too casually?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:

Appearances are important. People have an image of a slacker. He needs to take a page out of Pat Riley. Look sharp.

He's running a 2+ billion dollar franchise. Don't dress if you are going to wallmart.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:

Appearances are important. People have an image of a slacker. He needs to take a page out of Pat Riley. Look sharp.

He's running a 2+ billion dollar franchise. Don't dress if you are going to wallmart.

I understand appearances are important. I dress well for work, also. However, a lot of business owners/entrepreneurs (especially on the West Coast) dress casual; it's a way of saying "yes, I am the boss and I'll dress how I want."

Anyways, I doubt Jim's dress attire had anything to do with KLove's attitude. I even question the veracity of the report.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

Oh please.. let Love go to the Cavs and be on LeBron's team, be LeBron's (bleep). Then be stuck there two years later when LeBron leaves for greener pastures, cos he def aint winning a ring in Cleveland.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:

Jim Buss is at a low image wise right now. If he wins all of that goes away.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 11 of 59
Jump to: