OFFICIAL BOOZER THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Boozer will start at PF and Hill will start at C
Randle and Davis will back them up but play good minutes (25 mins)
Sacre and Kelly will be the third stringers
Back court probably Kobe starting with Lin and SwaggyP
SG/SF will be blurred at times, likewise with SF/PF... we have the personal to do small ball or half court post up game

B.Scott better have a solid plan. We have to make the playoffs, can't have The LAKERS missing back to back year

This is looking pretty close to me....
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
Fo11ower91 wrote:
I love this signing. He's better than current Pau and he is good on both ends of the court.

It's really disrecpetfull to Pau as much as I've criticised him. Pau is still a better player on both ends and that's not really close.

Pau is not a Lakers and Boozer stats are very comparable to Gasol. I hope Chicago enjoys Gasoll because I'm going to enjoy Boozer who does not try to run the team.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Fo11ower91 wrote:
I love this signing. He's better than current Pau and he is good on both ends of the court.

It's really disrecpetfull to Pau as much as I've criticised him. Pau is still a better player on both ends and that's not really close.

Pau is not a Lakers and Boozer stats are very comparable to Gasol. I hope Chicago enjoys Gasoll because I'm going to enjoy Boozer who does not try to run the team.

Yeah I wasn't happy that Pau spurned LA's offer for Chicago's, but getting Boozer for 1/3 of the price and NO long term commitment is a good thing. Pau did block some shots, but his length didn't get him many more boards or help contest many shots over Boozer. Pau is a better passer from mid range, but I like having a player that is comfortable with the P&R/P&P and gets quality shots from that range.
abella134
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Pau will be in rude awakening with Tibs hold him accountable on defense and rebounds then bench at the 4th qtr plus Chicago fans are blue collar I wonder if he can tolerate the boos..Thanks Pau for 3 finals and 2 rings.

Boozer was excited to be a Laker and can handle the 4 position physicality while Pau hmmmm he get PJ upset with him one time. Thump on the chest.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I have mentioned this already... but Gibson and Noah held Boozer back in Chicago... and he still put up good numbers most of the time.... now that he's gonna be asked to do more he's gonna become a havoc for most of the opponents... people don't realize what a bull he is down low when he wants to be....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Boozer will start at PF and Hill will start at C
Randle and Davis will back them up but play good minutes (25 mins)
Sacre and Kelly will be the third stringers
Back court probably Kobe starting with Lin and SwaggyP
SG/SF will be blurred at times, likewise with SF/PF... we have the personal to do small ball or half court post up game

B.Scott better have a solid plan. We have to make the playoffs, can't have The LAKERS missing back to back year

Exactly. I have been saying since they signed that Hill would start at C and Boozer at PF. Davis and Randle will back them up, I think that is almost certain unless either Davis or Randle is incredibly dominant in training camp.

SF will be Johnson or Henry. Henry is probably a better player but Johnson might start due to his chance to be a good defensive player and fit in well with the other starters.

SG - Kobe

PG - I think Nash could start if healthy, maybe even will start if healthly. But Lin plays more minutes and is the bigger factor. Or Lin just starts.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

CARLOS BOOZER ISN’T DONE YET & PLANS TO LEAD IN LA

Quote:
“Going through the amnesty process was kind of a weird process, but the Chicago Bulls were great about it. They talked to my agent and I the entire time. I knew I had two days for teams to bid on me and I really didn’t know which teams were interested. I had no clue” said Boozer on the phone.

Boozer would go on to say he was glad it was the Lakers who claimed him because he’s always admired the purple and gold from afar. He had a brief conversation with Kobe Bryant and is excited to play with Mamba during the final stages of his career.

“Kobe’s one of the best players to ever put a jersey on, and one of the best competitors in the history of sports, and one of the best leaders. I don’t think he gets enough credit for that” he said.

Quote:
The ever optimistic Boozer expressed that he and the Lakers may surprise people next season, especially those who may doubt them on paper. He’s ready for a leadership role in the locker room alongside Kobe and hopes to help guys like rookie Julius Randle learn the NBA game.

“I’ve been a leader everywhere I’ve been,” a confident Boozer said. “My whole thing is trying to get better, each day every day. I think Randle is a stud and I enjoyed watching him play in college…He has all the tools to be a great NBA player. I’m looking forward to working with him. I’m looking forward to teaching him some of the things I’ve learned along the way. But I’m excited to play with all my teammates. We’ve got some talent on this team. We have some guys with stuff to prove, myself included, and I think we’re going to surprise some people.”

Dime Magazine
Samoji
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
“Going through the amnesty process was kind of a weird process, but the Chicago Bulls were great about it. They talked to my agent and I the entire time. I knew I had two days for teams to bid on me and I really didn’t know which teams were interested. I had no clue” said Boozer on the phone.

Boozer would go on to say he was glad it was the Lakers who claimed him because he’s always admired the purple and gold from afar. He had a brief conversation with Kobe Bryant and is excited to play with Mamba during the final stages of his career.

“Kobe’s one of the best players to ever put a jersey on, and one of the best competitors in the history of sports, and one of the best leaders. I don’t think he gets enough credit for that” he said.

Quote:
The ever optimistic Boozer expressed that he and the Lakers may surprise people next season, especially those who may doubt them on paper. He’s ready for a leadership role in the locker room alongside Kobe and hopes to help guys like rookie Julius Randle learn the NBA game.

“I’ve been a leader everywhere I’ve been,” a confident Boozer said. “My whole thing is trying to get better, each day every day. I think Randle is a stud and I enjoyed watching him play in college…He has all the tools to be a great NBA player. I’m looking forward to working with him. I’m looking forward to teaching him some of the things I’ve learned along the way. But I’m excited to play with all my teammates. We’ve got some talent on this team. We have some guys with stuff to prove, myself included, and I think we’re going to surprise some people.”

Dime Magazine

Pretty good article - Thanks for sharing. Hopefully things workout for Boozer and The Lakers.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Samoji wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dime Magazine

Pretty good article - Thanks for sharing. Hopefully things workout for Boozer and The Lakers.

I can't stress enough how huge it will be to have guys like Kobe, Nash, and Boozer mentoring JC, Lin, Randle and the rest of the youngsters.

Any player can take something from Kobe. Nash and Lin have similar games. As does Boozer and Randle. All of our young bucks seem eager and willing to learn. A perfect storm with a match made in heaven.

Kiss my Converse.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject:

Via ESPN. Carlos Boozer is rank #1 of the worst newcomer in 2014-15

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11346106/2014-nba-summer-forecast-worst-newcomer&ex_cid=espnnbaTwitter
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11346106/2014-nba-summer-forecast-worst-newcomer&ex_cid=espnnbaTwitter

lol at that list. lance stephenson at #2
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:

espn really doesn't know (bleep).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

How many people have really watched Boozer play, like more than just clips and against the Lakers?

The games I've seen him, he can hit the mid-range shots, and he always screams as though someone has chopped his arms off after every miss. He has lead feet on defense. He's actually priced correctly at his current contract that the Lakers bid on him.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How many people have really watched Boozer play, like more than just clips and against the Lakers?

The games I've seen him, he can hit the mid-range shots, and he always screams as though someone has chopped his arms off after every miss. He has lead feet on defense. He's actually priced correctly at his current contract that the Lakers bid on him.

So he's exactly like Pau?

!...
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

3 mill for 13ppg and 8rpg? Wow I lost all respect for your opinion
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. He was amnestied. Teams don't amnesty players they consider productive and valuable.

2. Teams under the cap could bid any amount for him. The highest bid was the lakers just north of 3m.

3. Boozer rarely played in close games he was subbed out for Gibson for defensive reasons. Scott is preaching defense? See the connection?

4. He will be hard pressed to average 13/8 splitting minutes with Randle, Davis, and Kelly.

Therefore what the lakers bid on him was proper. Unless you think the lakers should have paid more.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. He was amnestied. Teams don't amnesty players they consider productive and valuable.

2. Teams under the cap could bid any amount for him. The highest bid was the lakers just north of 3m.

3. Boozer rarely played in close games he was subbed out for Gibson for defensive reasons. Scott is preaching defense? See the connection?

4. He will be hard pressed to average 13/8 splitting minutes with Randle, Davis, and Kelly.

Therefore what the lakers bid on him was proper. Unless you think the lakers should have paid more.

Correct. If anyone thinks Boozer is the guy from 2006 today, you probably think Pau is the guy from 2010 today as well.
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

BSPN has got no clue...

For 3 million per year, how can you possibly put Boozer on top of the "Worst Newcomer" list?
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

No he is not, we got great value on him. He is worth more as a 13/8 player.
He was not worth what Chicago was paying, but he is worth more than we got him for, but not by a lot.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
zePokar wrote:
Fo11ower91 wrote:

I am with you, it was nice having Pau, but now we have Boozer and I hope he can give us some good minutes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:

Typical ESPN fishing for twitter hits. They have no shame when it comes to selfish promotion.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For the record, Boozer’s defensive rating the last four seasons was 99, 95, 100 and 98 while Gibson’s was 98, 96, 101 and 100. It appears Boozer was able to defend almost equal to or better than Gibson in Coach Thibodeau’s system despite the commonly held belief that he was a matador dangerously clad in red.
clockwork247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Boldarblood wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No he is not, we got great value on him. He is worth more as a 13/8 player.
He was not worth what Chicago was paying, but he is worth more than we got him for, but not by a lot.

people complain too much, look, in the NBA today, how many PF do you know play great defense? and has an offense comparable to boozer? I can say that maybe 1 or 2 on the defense argument, but offensively boozer is up there in terms of PF, the dude can hit the J and is not bad under the basket (primary because he can hit the J that it open his game up).

the PF that play both sides of the ball is super star status, they're getting pay max money and you can't even get them unless you're trading a ton of asset for them.

going from Pau to Boozer is a side step, offensively they're about the same, and so is defense, Pau give you a few more assist. But look Chicago pretty much pay for both guys's salary, so stop complaining.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I know this is a stretch, but Boozer always kind of reminded me of Karl Malone....strong, powerful power forwards....very good mid range shots, great rebounders.....played the pick and roll with great point guards (Malone with Stockton and Boozer with DWill).....I even thought they looked kind of similar...

Malone came to the Lakers when he was like 40 right? I know Karl is a hall of famer and Boozer probably not....did Boozer ever make the all star team?

Anyways, I'm optimistic that Boozer will help the Lakers. My biggest concern is if he is as bad of a defender as some here are saying. At least he's not soft like Pau was/is.

The key is if the Byron Scott is smart enough to utilize his talents. I'm tired of stupid coaches like the two Mikes who forced players to be something they aren't.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1)He only got dropped for Pau but Pau wasn't effective either by your description. Wait til Chicago finds out. Boozer wasn't gonna be dropped of they didn't land Melo or Pau.
2) and this means what? Teams have to have cap spce and I've never seen any team pay a lot for a player off waivers they don't have to because the team is paying their salary.
3)Pau was bench for earl freaking Clark
4)Kelly probably won't play more than 50 games if there isn't a injury somewhere. Boozer should be able to get that same 13 and 8
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 18 of 26
Jump to: