LeBron James to go back to No. 23 for the Cavaliers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

When Lebron made those bs comments about #23 he was saying that because he knew he couldn't wear #23 in Miami.

More proof that was all pre-arranged.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject:

why the hell does #23 must be honor because MJ wore it? We worship celeb like God or what? Did MJ give us money to buy food or something?

The whole "all the team must retire #23 to honor MJ" is ridiculous imo...and it all starts because Lebron told us so, which makes it even more ridiculous.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
When Lebron made those bs comments about #23 he was saying that because he knew he couldn't wear #23 in Miami.

yes
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:

When you change teams, you are allowed to change your jersey number anyway. The only reason he would have had to submit a number request to the league (which he did) was if he was staying with the Cavaliers.

I agree that the Heat move was totally pre-arranged and that Bosh and Wade had colluded with him for years, but the number change isn't really solid evidence of that.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

improper wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

When you change teams, you are allowed to change your jersey number anyway. The only reason he would have had to submit a number request to the league (which he did) was if he was staying with the Cavaliers.

I agree that the Heat move was totally pre-arranged and that Bosh and Wade had colluded with him for years, but the number change isn't really solid evidence of that.

Wrong.

It's bc the pathetic heat franchised had #23 retired to honor MJ.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
improper wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Wrong.

My point was that, when you join a new team, you are allowed to change your number. You don't have to submit a form to the league to change your number when you join a new team. You do have to submit a form to the league to change your number if you're going to stay on your own team.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject:

improper wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:
improper wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:

Wrong.

My point was that, when you join a new team, you are allowed to change your number. You don't have to submit a form to the league to change your number when you join a new team. You do have to submit a form to the league to change your number if you're going to stay on your own team.

I think you're both right. True that you can change numbers when you change teams. I think somehow LBJ didn't know that and attached the phony MJ reason to it so it wouldn't be questioned.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:
I think you're both right. True that you can change numbers when you change teams. I think somehow LBJ didn't know that and attached the phony MJ reason to it so it wouldn't be questioned.

Personally, I just think LeBron was mentally weak back in 2010 and during his first stint with Cleveland. I think Riley brainwashed him to an extent and got him to believe some stupid things, like that no one should wear #23 (which was followed by LeBron stupidly wearing Bill Russell's number instead).

I also think that LeBron going back to #23 was a bit of an FU to Pat Riley, especially after that speech Riley gave following the Finals loss.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject:

Classic @ I don't own a number.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: