Gilbert Arenas talks about what makes Kobe so great
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Arenas...classic scenario...knee injury...comes back too soon...never the same. Arenas was a tweener and when he lost half a step, he was just mortal and wasn't the same. Same thing happened to Dwight. Before the back injury even with atrocious fundamentals took Orlando to the finals. Now he still can do things but his lack of fundamentals is blaring.

Kobe has the fundamentals to stay in the league without the explosion...just not sure his ego will let him be less than the best.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
Sorry, Gilbert still sucks. Always been overrated anyway.

Before he blew out his knees, Agent 0 was the closest thing to Kobe you could find in the NBA (on the offensive side of the ball). Not many players his size could drop 45 using their midrange game the way he did. It's too bad he didn't stay long enough to reach his full potential. He could have been a great defender, too - he had the body and athleticism for it.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Ummmm, NO.. When he was on top before the injuries, he was a star, one of the best in the league. The only thing that stopped him was that he wasn't a consistent two way player. Gilbert was NOT overrated.

ummmmm, YES. He was hyped up to a superstar when he was really not. Had one very good season, but other seasons he just chucked up a lot of 3s. Yet, he never shot better than 38% from 3s and had low fg %, also always had a really bad TO ratio for a PG and wasn't a very good defender. I watched a ton of Wizards games, because I live in the area. So I know Gilbert WAS overrated.

You do realize that 38% from three is an excellent percentage, don't you?
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Ummmm, NO.. When he was on top before the injuries, he was a star, one of the best in the league. The only thing that stopped him was that he wasn't a consistent two way player. Gilbert was NOT overrated.

ummmmm, YES. He was hyped up to a superstar when he was really not. Had one very good season, but other seasons he just chucked up a lot of 3s. Yet, he never shot better than 38% from 3s and had low fg %, also always had a really bad TO ratio for a PG and wasn't a very good defender. I watched a ton of Wizards games, because I live in the area. So I know Gilbert WAS overrated.

LoL

Only 38% from 3? Scrub!

LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

LoL

Only 38% from 3? Scrub!

Also, he only averaged 85% on free throws in his best season. Clearly, the man was overrated, and could not shoot! Don't you know it is common for bad players to average 25+ pts three straight seasons? Overrated!

shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

Ya, too bad Agent 0 got injured. Why he messed around with gun anyway in the team locker room? Kind of stupid. But injury can cut short the glorious potentials of the stars or young players with star potential. Look at Roy, Oden, even Penny Hardaway. Who else have I missed? I hope Embiid is not going to be one of that statistics.

Bynum. Grant Hill. Derrick Rose (too early?). Shaun Livingston. Tim Hardaway. Sabonis. Bill Walton.

Its a huge list.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

Before he blew out his knees, Agent 0 was the closest thing to Kobe you could find in the NBA (on the offensive side of the ball). Not many players his size could drop 45 using their midrange game the way he did. It's too bad he didn't stay long enough to reach his full potential. He could have been a great defender, too - he had the body and athleticism for it.

Um, closest thing to Kobe's offense imo was Tmac. There was a year or two there where Kobe and Tmac were almost interchangeable.....almost. Kobes mentality is his trump card every time for what he may lack physically.
TheGOATWears#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is the Shang Tsung of basketball players.
"Love me or hate me; it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved for the exact same reasons."
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
LakersInFour wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

Um, closest thing to Kobe's offense imo was Tmac. There was a year or two there where Kobe and Tmac were almost interchangeable.....almost. Kobes mentality is his trump card every time for what he may lack physically.

Sorry but i got a good chuckle on this. TMac in his prime was a great player. HOFish. Even better than Vince and AI. Taalentwise he was a freak. Word was he was really 6-10 underlisted so he doesnt get pushed to the 4.

However, the dude was no where near Kobe. He, like his cuzzo shined qtrs 1-3. 4th wasnt TMac time. The main reason why he never reached 2nd rd even. Talentwise, yes, he does have adv on Kobe. But in real game impact and playoff winning time, its not even close.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LakersInFour wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
hitmankb wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

u do realize he never shot 38% from three, don't u?

and his FG was always in low 40s or high 30s.

I see people mentioning him with Kobe....lol ya...that's why I said he is overrated.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject:

Arenas' answer to being the worst contract in the nba was essentially "that's awesome" and i'll forever love him for that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: