The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I wouldn't want Randle at SF the same way I wouldn't want Blake Griffin at SF.
thank you
some people just dont get it... just because a player is 6'8 it doesnt mean they should be thrown in a game as a SF
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
thank you
some people just dont get it... just because a player is 6'8 it doesnt mean they should be thrown in a game as a SF

Neither Randal or Blake are 6' 8".

Just sayin`
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
thank you

Many of us think Randle at the 3 is a possibility. It is just an early assessment based on his skills and not his height.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

This guy has a thick wide body, he'll be able to bang around against bigger PF in the league. Dude is fast compare to other PF too. Match up nightmare for years to come. Welcome Randal!!!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
Thank you!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

gooner wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
thank you

Many of us think Randle at the 3 is a possibility. It is just an early assessment based on his skills and not his height.

Like I said if he can tighten his handles and expand his range to 3pters then I can see him playing the 3 at times
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Randle can defend the position and will be an elite rebounder there. He also can play the four from the three, with boozer and Kelly able to hit the jumper. Think of Randle like a worthy type 3. Lakers would have a post threat at 5 positions, a pick and roll initiator at 3, and a roll man at 4. They can run all kinds of stuff to mess up the defense. 1-2 pnr, 3-4, 2-3, lots of stuff defenses will not be used to.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Randle can defend the position and will be an elite rebounder there. He also can play the four from the three, with boozer and Kelly able to hit the jumper. Think of Randle like a worthy type 3. Lakers would have a post threat at 5 positions, a pick and roll initiator at 3, and a roll man at 4. They can run all kinds of stuff to mess up the defense. 1-2 pnr, 3-4, 2-3, lots of stuff defenses will not be used to.

When you put it that way....
seccom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject:

How about Worthy? To me, Randle plays a lot like Worthy. Quick first step, excellent post game, not a good an outside shooter.
DSF_27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
Thank you!

Hes definitely the "blow the rim" player even against the horrendous defense of the summer league.

He has a great first step but his lack of shooting really leave out the possibility of him playing the three....at least for years to come.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject:

seccom wrote:
How about Worthy? To me, Randle plays a lot like Worthy. Quick first step, excellent post game, not a good an outside shooter.

Look two posts above yours?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

TheElectronica wrote:
Shaq is a great player. Not sure about his coaching. Too much "give it to the big man. Let him dominate. BBQ chicken" analysis for me to take him seriously.

Aussiesuede wrote:
Shaq Lessons:

Day #1: Stop by Winchells on way to training facility and signup for their delivery service.

Day #2: Spend the first hour every morning downing your Winchells delivery whilst coming up with creative ways to slander your team owner.

Day #3: Develop list of excuses to be used on demand as to why you can't keep up with your workouts.

Day #4: Invite your 18 year old teammate to join you at bars around town then laugh at the fact that he can't get in whilst you convince your other teammates that he's a stick in the mud.

Day #5: Amend your Winchells home delivery contract to include daily afternoon deliveries.

Day #6: Learn how to creatively injure your big toe so you can maximise the time you have to sit at home enjoying your Winchell's deliveries.

Day #7: Learn how to build a house whilst standing at the free throw line.

I would love to see Worthy or Webber brought in as player development coaches to work with Randle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
Thank you!

Hes definitely the "blow the rim" player even against the horrendous defense of the summer league.

He has a great first step but his lack of shooting really leave out the possibility of him playing the three....at least for years to come.

Lbj is quite possibly the greatest 3 of all time and he couldn't shoot a lick for 8 eight straight seasons.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

worthy teaming up to work with byron scott.. that sounds very cool.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

fadeaway3 wrote:
This guy has a thick wide body, he'll be able to bang around against bigger PF in the league. Dude is fast compare to other PF too. Match up nightmare for years to come. Welcome Randal!!!

Just think in a few years Randle become another Zo Randolph, a bruiser inside and a much faster Zo with no PF fast enough to keep up with him. If Lin stays beyond this year, Lin & Randle will be like a Stockton & Malone team with incredible efficient P&R play.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:

Just think in a few years Randle become another Zo Randolph, a bruiser inside and a much faster Zo with no PF fast enough to keep up with him. If Lin stays beyond this year, Lin & Randle will be like a Stockton & Malone team with incredible efficient P&R play.
I think Randle will end up being more of Paul Millsap type of player.
If he continuous to work on his jumpshot he'll end being a mix between Millsap and Randolph. If he does that he'll be a nightmare to guard.

I'm excited to watch him develop even though I know It'll probably take a few years for him to really make an impact.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I think analysts are comparing him to Randolph a little too much because of body frame. He is way more athletic might already be a better passer. He has so many sides to his game. It's only summer league but I saw coast to coast, dribble drive, mini hook, reverse layup, blocking shots, and hard rebounding. I especially love watching the way he sets up on defense. He looks like a predator waiting for a kill. So happy with our number 7 pick, looks like last years meaningless wins have worked out.
DSF_27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
Thank you!

Lbj is quite possibly the greatest 3 of all time and he couldn't shoot a lick for 8 eight straight seasons.

In highlights of five different summer league games I didnt see Randle finish a dunk once. That totally reminds me of Lebron James.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject:

DSF_27 wrote:
dmills wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
Thank you!

In highlights of five different summer league games I didnt see Randle finish a dunk once. That totally reminds me of Lebron James.

You need to rewatch summer league then he did have a dunk and many times when he went for dunks he was fouled.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Randle does have a Worthy game (pun intended)

Let's hope he has such a career as well.
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:
dmills wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Spill512 wrote:
Some highlights

vs. Pelicans:

vs. Warriors:

vs. 76ers:

vs. Nuggets:
Thank you!

You need to rewatch summer league then he did have a dunk and many times when he went for dunks he was fouled.

This dude has a "man" body and he dunked a few times in summer league. He absorbs contact and finishes
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Very important question for the upcoming year:

How many fans will continue to spell Julius Randle's name as "RANDALL?"
Not sure why it bugs me so much. LOL.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Back in November 2013, Magic Johnson and Jalen Rose gave their opinion that Julius Randle should be the number 1 draft pick.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Very important question for the upcoming year:

How many fans will continue to spell Julius Randle's name as "RANDALL?"
Not sure why it bugs me so much. LOL.

I think it is mostly iPad autocorrect.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Back in November 2013, Magic Johnson and Jalen Rose gave their opinion that Julius Randle should be the number 1 draft pick.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/sny-exclusive-magic-jalen-say-randle-should-be-no-1-pick/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 107 of 1536
Jump to: