Official NFL 2014/15 Season Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Official NFL 2014/15 Season Thread

Need to start this, lots of news starting to come out with the start of training camp...

First one.. HOLY COW!!

The Dallas Cowboys have signed Pro Bowl offensive tackle Tyron Smith to an eight-year extension through 2023, making the total value of his contract worth nearly $110 million, according to multiple sources.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11286415/dallas-cowboys-sign-offensive-lineman-tyron-smith-8-year-extension
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject:

Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Jerry Jones is the new Al Davis.

Except that he may actually already be more of a fool

The funny part is Smith still has 2 years left on his rookie deal if I'm not mistaken - making him tied to them for the next 10 years?

In other news: Patrick Peterson got PAID!

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject:

The thing is Tyron Smith might be worth it. The total $110M includes the 2 yrs he has left.

Smith is turning 24 later this year... wow... not even in his prime yet.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

No lineman is worth $100 million.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject:

That's a shame

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/david-wilson-i-lived-my-dream/

Quote:
David Wilson advised to stop playing, says “I lived my dream”

All indications were that Giants running back David Wilson’s playing days were over after he reinjured his neck at camp and the Giants announced that doctors have made that suggestion to Wilson.

In a statement from the team, team doctor Russell Warren explained that recent examinations at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City have led him and Wilson’s surgeon Frank Cammisa Jr. to believe that Wilson would be putting himself at excessive risk of even more serious injuries if he continues to pursue a football career. Wilson is obviously free to pursue other opinions, but his words Monday were those of a man who was moving on to the next chapter in his life.

“I don’t want anybody to feel sorry for me, or pity me,” Wilson said. “I lived my dream. A lot of people only get to dream their dream. I lived that dream. Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too.”

Wilson has been diagnosed with “diffuse cervical stenosis,” but does not need any further surgery or treatment to move on with a life that doesn’t include playing in the NFL. The 2012 first-round pick played 21 games for the Giants, rushing for 504 yards and scoring seven overall touchdowns that were usually followed by standing back flips. We wish him well in his future endeavors.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/bengals-reach-six-year-extension-deal-with-andy-dalton/

Quote:
Bengals reach six-year extension deal with Andy Dalton

The Bengals weren’t lying when they insisted all offseason that Andy Dalton was their guy.

According to Adam Schefter and Adam Caplan of ESPN, the Bengals have given Dalton a six-year, $115 million contract extension.

As with all such deals, the details will tell us more than the first wave of numbers.

But it does speak to their commitment to Dalton.

The former second-rounder has kept them consistently competitive, but hasn’t delivered a playoff win yet.

If his numbers are truly like what they’re reported to be, that will be expected to change, and soon.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/04/former-nfl-wideout-reche-caldwell-arrested-yet-again/

Quote:
Former NFL wideout Reche Caldwell arrested yet again

At this point, maybe we should have all seen this coming.

Former NFL wide receiver Reche Caldwell was arrested again in Florida Sunday, his third arrest in 2014.

According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, Caldwell was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and driving with a suspended license.

In May, he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, following a January arrest for running an illegal gambling operation.

Caldwell spent parts of six seasons in the NFL with the Chargers (who burned a second-round pick on him), Patriots Redskins and Rams.

He caught 152 passes during that time, but at his current rate, he’ll put up even bigger numbers off the field.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of Jerry Jones, there's a bizarre story breaking about Jerry Jones being caught with a couple of young women in racy, suggestive photos. Supposedly, it was part of an extortion plot.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/06/billionaire-dallas-cowboys-owner-caught-in-racy-pics/

http://thelandryhat.com/2014/08/06/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-caught-sexy-photo-scandal/

Meanwhile, his son was partying up on the team bus with a bunch of hot chicks.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/06/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-son-stephen-team-bus-sunset-strip-video/

This looks really bad to me, and I can't say their wives will be too happy about it either.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Oh I'm sure they know and look the other way like most wives of famous men its when it becomes a public spectacle its an issue.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

As long as those games don't go into OT.....

http://pro32.ap.org/article/mcnabb-call-some-nfl-games-fox-season

Quote:
McNabb to call some NFL games for Fox this season

NEW YORK (AP) — Retired quarterback Donovan McNabb will call some NFL games for Fox this season.

McNabb will rotate with former NFL and Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn and longtime linebacker Kirk Morrison as a color commentator alongside play-by-play announcer Dick Stockton.

McNabb has worked as an analyst for Fox Sports 1 since the network launched a year ago. The second pick in the 1999 draft, McNabb played 13 NFL seasons. He led the Philadelphia Eagles to four straight NFC championship games and one Super Bowl.

Fox also announced Wednesday that recently retired New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl will call games with Thom Brennaman, replacing Brian Billick. Longtime defensive back Ronde Barber takes over for Tim Ryan as the analyst paired with Chris Myers. Barber worked with Stockton last season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Tony Romo To Miss Preseason Opener

LINK

Cowboys haven't been any good since Jimmy Johnson was let go. Tony's back still a problem. I have a feeling he's done as an elite QB.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Announcer less football - where all you get to hear is the stadium noise and maybe the PA announcer.

Why isn't this a product that the NFL wants to sell to me?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Announcer less football - where all you get to hear is the stadium noise and maybe the PA announcer.

Why isn't this a product that the NFL wants to sell to me?

I've seen it done. I prefer the announcers.

TD Dallas. Nice pass to the end zone back line. Weeden looked good on that drive.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Dallas defense just as porous as last year.

AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

The Chargers seem like they're going to be a gritty, scrappy, resilient, determined bunch. Meanwhile, the Cowboys look like they're in for a loooooooooong year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

Chris Ivory didn't wait too long to get hurt his season, he didn't make it through the first preseason game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: