Deandre Kane = Marcus Smart with a jumper???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSDunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

I posted this over 2 weeks ago on this same thread.....

Quote:
One thing never changes here at LG.....If PnP starts a thread no one agrees with, you can expect him to extend the thread for days trying to convince everyone how wrong they are.

He may be the board's village idiot, but at least he's consistent.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

GSDunk wrote:

Quote:
One thing never changes here at LG.....If PnP starts a thread no one agrees with, you can expect him to extend the thread for days trying to convince everyone how wrong they are.

You could have at least fixed your spelling mistake when quoting yourself :p
I guess we can all see that Kane wasn't that great. But so was Smart.
So maybe OP was right. Only in regards to summer league.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject:

GSDunk wrote:

Quote:

my other cheerleader is here. how's it going gs?

if i was just so wrong all the time, i might be inclined to agree with you. but the truth is. the masses come out to shout at something i say because what i say isnt what everyone else is already saying. most people follow trends, right or wrong. if the masses are going that way. most will follow because of fear of being ridiculed(see your post and a couple of others). I have zero fear of being ridiculed especially when i have facts to backup my theories. See it would be one thing if i just said something wild, with zero backup to why i said what i said. but i will always give you at least 2 of of these 3 ( video evidence + personal experience + statistical proof. )

a lot of you on team ridicule. will just say something, no statistical proof, zero video evidence, zero personal experience. but because thats what THEY(the masses) are saying. it must be true. lol. If the masses are true, i'm saying it with them. notice you have not once heard me say "smart cant play defense, he sucks." because that would be a flat out lie. there is no evidence to prove such a thing. but i sure as heck can prove that as of right now. he sucks at shooting the 3 ball and his fg% is awful and was lower then kane's when they played the exact same positions pg/sg n college, in the same conference both on solid teams. if anyone can be compared its these two.

but people get stuck on but but the he wasnt drafted so he must suck. NO, not necessarily. ask why he wasnt drafted. and the #1 reason was/is AGE. period.

but i'm just making this stuff up. so as usual, let me PROVE my point.

draftExpress

Quote:
.....Something that NBA scouts will have to consider in evaluating Kane's draft stock is his unusually advanced age, as he will turn 25 in June, which means he's competing against players who are 3-6 years younger than him on a nightly basis. After attending high school with the likes of DeJuan Blair and D.J. Kennedy (who graduated from St. John's in 2011), Kane was forced to attend a fifth year prep school due to his poor academic situation, and then redshirted his freshman season at Marshall as a partial qualifier.

While Kane is undoubtedly having a tremendous season for Iowa State, the track record of mature-aged college players in the draft is extremely poor, particularly amongst non-big men. The oldest players drafted in the last 15 years include just two players: Bernard James (age 27) and Travis Hansen (25) who were the same age or older than him, with 24 year olds Mark Madsen, Melvin Ely, Darius Songaila, Joey Dorsey, Colton Iverson, Vernon Macklin, Magnum Rolle, Sam Young, Taj Gibson, Jack McClinton, Robert Vaden, Patrick Ewing Jr, Sammy Mejia, Stephane Lasme, Antonio Burks and Marcus Douthit being the next closest. NBA teams have mostly shied away from players over the age of 24 in the draft in recent years, but some exceptions, such as Hansen and James, do exist.

While question marks do exist about his age relative the level of competition he's facing, Kane has a NBA ready body and the maturity and athleticism to provide useful minutes right away. He will need to continue to show he can run an efficient offense will picking his spots to get to the rim off the dribble. It will be a tough sell due to his age but Kane has several opportunities the rest of the season to show he can provide value to a NBA team.

good grief how many times did they kill kane because of his AGE? lol. thats what kept him outside of the draft people. its similar to really short guys that ball in college and fall in the draft but end up doing well in the nba because they were that good. but the ultra short dont do well most of the time. so they are not drafted because of this very fact. not because their game stinks.

the first weakness on nbadraft.net

Quote:
Weaknesses: Will be 25 a few weeks before the NBA Draft, not many prospects have been drafted at his age.

uh oh, its that age thing again.

our guy Smart

the first thing said on nbadraft .net is what??? HE CANT SHOOT

Quote:
Weaknesses: Not a great outside shooter. Only made 29% from distance last season. Needs to polish his mechanics and hit on a more consistent basis. Struggles mightily on jumpers when guarded. Release slowed by bringing the ball down to his knees before rising up and releasing. Simply needs to be more consistent with his shot mechanics…Opponents will find it easier to stay in front of Smart because they don't have to guard him as tight and respect his jumper…Not a very efficient scorer. Needs to take smarter jump shots and not settle for pull-up threes…

But pnp is crazy. lol

draft express on smarts bad Fg% and bad shooting

Quote:
On the downside, Smart still sports a very inconsistent jump-shot, something that didn't really improve from his freshman to sophomore seasons. His shooting mechanics leave a lot to be desired, as he dips the ball violently, and fades forward and sometimes sideways on his release. That wouldn't be that big of an issue if Smart didn't take as many jumpers as he does—nearly half of his field goal attempts came from beyond the arc, and he hit just 30% of them, many being contested ones early in the shot clock.

Smart is not a non-shooter by any stretch, but his poor decision making hampers his percentages significantly. He will have some very ugly low-efficiency nights in the NBA against better-organized defenses until he learns how to reel himself in and plays within his limitations.

^^i could've sworn this is pretty much what i've been saying about him in this thread. and nothing changed in the spl even though he was featured and started every game/playing his natural position(s) pg/sg

while kane was pushed to the side for clarkson, marshall, and randall. kane never started, and was only once given the job to play his position pg/sg from start to finish. mins were very low, and touches were limited at best. which is why you saw him chucking silly 3's and airballing them. trying to do too much cause he doesnt know when he will see the ball again or get back on the court.

but he's 25, so he's old. we will only find out if he can contribute when/if he gets consistent minutes playing PG/SG. not SF.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
GSDunk wrote:

Quote:

You could have at least fixed your spelling mistake when quoting yourself :p
I guess we can all see that Kane wasn't that great. But so was Smart.
So maybe OP was right. Only in regards to summer league.
i think smart will turn out to be a baller. never said he wouldnt. in the beginning while he was in college i did think rodney stuckey. i wont like. i told mike that long ago. but its true stuck isnt really a good defender even though with his body type and abilities he should be a great defender. smart actually uses his tools to be a great defender. i think his great defense wont translate as well to the nba outside of his ability to steal the ball. thats not all their is to defense. the nba doesnt like guards to lock up guards. which is a shame. cause i think smart could be joe dumars on defense if the nba allowed it.

what i'm not sure about is if smart will ever learn to shoot the 3 ball well. i figure he will learn to tone down all the chucking he does. cause coaches will jump on him about it until he cleans that part of his game up.or gets better at the 3. one of the two or both i guess could happen.

kane on the other hand. i think he is, what he is at this age. but think he is solid. so that means he could be a solid nba player. he can already shoot(college stats and videos prove it..he was hitting nba 3's when he was comfortable in the offense with consistent mins). so that tells me if you put him in the same scenario in the nba. he should produce the same/similar results. but i do believe he could tighten up his jumper, and get better at running a half court offense. and i hope his ft% goes up(not sure that will cause i dont like guards shooting below 80%, thats just me).
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

PostnPivot your rhetorical ability has no rival in here, have you ever given a thought about being a "professional" politician?

Cheers
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
PostnPivot your rhetorical ability has no rival in here, have you ever given a thought about being a "professional" politician?

Cheers

Being long winded isn't the same as being persuasive.

His "serious" argument about Kane has become a little meta-meme here among us.

Either way, it pleases me.

P&P = Official Public Defender for Pringles and Kane.

Who will he take on next? Media relations for Putin?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

divncom wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Cheers

Being long winded isn't the same as being persuasive.

His "serious" argument about Kane has become a little meta-meme here among us.

Either way, it pleases me.

P&P = Official Public Defender for Pringles and Kane.

Who will he take on next? Media relations for Putin?
once again all jokes no proof. lol. like i said, until i'm proven wrong. i'm sticking to what i said. and i have yet to hear you prove me wrong.

once again another sports guy says the exact same thing i have said. i guess he's crazy too. lol

http://clonesconfidential.com/2014/07/19/nba-summer-league-2014-deandre-kane-shines-lakers-finale-tyrus-mcgees-surprise-return/

Quote:

......A couple of former Iowa State players shined in the summer league during consolation night, and it included a surprise performance from a guy that didn’t receive much playing time.

First, DeAndre Kane received a ton of playing time in an 83-77 Los Angeles Lakers victory over the Denver Nuggets. Kane finished with 12 points, 3 rebounds, and a team-high 3 assists on an incredible night shooting the ball. He was efficient going 5-of-9 from the field, except from the perimeter (1-of-4), and also went 1-of-2 from the free-throw line.

Kane ended the summer league with his best game.

what have i been saying to mike the entire time? you ant ask a guy to perform at a high level if he's placed completely out of his natural position and he's not tall enough to play that position. on top of not getting enough PT or touches since he's always setup on the far side(weakside) outside of the offense. that first game he was 3/4, the shot was hitting as well. the guy got 11 mins that game. what could have been if they allowed him to play 30 mins like they did all the other top rookies? we will never know. but what we did find out is this. you put him at pg/sg and give him over 25mins in the spl. he will show you he's a solid player. anything less then that. its a coin flip on what his game would look like. i mean the guy played less then 20 mins and had 5 assists in another game. no one finds it odd that a guy can do those things in very limited minutes playing out of his comfort zone? no one aside from me and this guy above noticed that kane has actual game but didnt get a shot to really showcase it.

but hey, if you are just going to stick to your guns without any legitimate proof. so be it. i'll be waiting for the next comedy post. because i know 95% of you guys dont have anything about basketball to back up your point of view in this thread. at least mike is making an attempt.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

Cheers
no, because politicians are liars. they'll sell water to a whale. i refuse to do that. so i would never be a good politician. or i should say this. because i'm truthful, i would make a great leader (for the people). but i would never win since i dont like to lie and bend the truth.

notice what you get from me. factual evidence. exhibit A, B and C. now if you can give me the same back that refutes what i said. then great, my point is therefore invalid. If you give me A or B or C but not all 3. Then perhaps both of our points have some validity.

prime example. even though i'm going back n forth with mike. i respect Mike's opinion. But just because i respect your opinion and will even seek it out at times. doesnt mean i will agree with said opinion 100% of the time. this is one of those times. Mike had some exhibit A's a little B. But i responded and poked holes in those examples.

the reason i post walls of text instead of 2 liners. is because #1. i dont care about post counts. (some do). #2. i like to explain in detail and give you multiple examples of why it is that i think the way i think about a particular subject matter. This gives you the chance to fully understand where i'm coming from. Some dont like that wall of text. they would rather read 100 one liners then one 20 liner with detailed explanations. Especially if they dont agree.

Most people on the internet ride with the masses. whatever the masses say is truth. they agree. whatever the masses say is false. they agree. when they dont agree. they will not say this out loud from fear of being an outcast like myself. i have no fear of that. i could care less or is i...t i couldn't care less

This is the Internets. where people will attack the poster instead of the message because they cant attack the message with facts. wait a second that sounds similar to a political race.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Haven't seen enough of Kane to fairly evaluate him. In my mind he is competing with clarkson for the backup PG roster spot (Nash is luggage). So the real argument is why he's better than clarkson.

Even if you don't agree with my premise PnP, can u still tell me why he's better to keep than clarkson?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
you ant ask a guy to perform at a high level if he's placed completely out of his natural position

Problem is, I disagree with that, especially when being 25 should account for some level of basketball experience and hoop IQ.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Haven't seen enough of Kane to fairly evaluate him. In my mind he is competing with clarkson for the backup PG roster spot (Nash is luggage). So the real argument is why he's better than clarkson.

Even if you don't agree with my premise PnP, can u still tell me why he's better to keep than clarkson?
ok lets play that game. here's the problem. its not an excuse. its a REASON. lol.

clarkson was featured in the offense the entire spl. so was marshall, so was randle.

the lakers knew they were about to let marshall go. i was trying to figure out why he was in the spl to begin with. but even then. why play him so many mins when you have kane, clarkson(pre randle signing). at the pg spot. run those guys a lot, and run marshall if it gets to sloppy just so he can dish it out to the other forwards on the team so we could see what they were made of. but thats not what happened. it was marshall running point the entire time. with clarkson at the SG spot. kane at SF. what the ??? kane is 6'4 on his best day. lol. why the heck is he playing SF? and thats as a backup. cause he never started any spl games. no fault of his own. the lakers were trying to find out if marshall added anything to his game. the answer was....NO. thats why they were quick to release him.even if they were trying to signing him back before jkidd got him off of waivers.

but this is the politics of the nba. its nothing you can do about that but be jordan or kobe. lol. otherwise you just might not get enough of a chance to showcase your talents. so then you have to pray people have seen enough of you in college or some where else to take a flyer on you anyway.

comparing kane's actual spl production or not...to clarksons is an unfair comparison. its apples to oranges. since clarkson was placed at SG most of the time and PG some of the time. clarkson is a legit 6'5 and long. playing SG is a good spot for him in the nba. he has also ran pg in college. so thats also comfort fit for him.

kane has never played SF to my knowledge. because he's too short. and he doesnt have shannon brown athleticism to cover up his height.

But, if i use what i've seen of kane at iowa state and what i've seen of clarkson from college and what i've seen from clarkson at the spl. i can come to a conclusion of sorts.

i like clarkson a lot, especially after watching how aggressive he was in the spl. but one thing is for sure. when i saw him in college. i didnt think he was that hot of a pg. but he was a pretty good passer. just didnt look like a floor general to me. but maybe thats just me. then you add that with his aggressiveness in the spl at SG. sounds to me clarkson is a perfect fit at SG. most backup sg's are spark plugs off the bench. but a lot of them cant pass that well. clarkson would have the ability to be a pretty decent facilitator from that spot because of his pg training. i do not think he's a backup PG for the lakers.

i also wouldnt want him trying to dribble by smaller quicky guys. i saw one negative in his game. he has 2 moves. if you stop those two initial dribble moves. he's done and he's pull up or passing it off. until he gets a few more counters. i dont want him trying to beat a small fry guy off the dribble that has a little defense. cause he will end up getting hi pocket picked or just not being able to produce at all.

Kane on the other hand at iowa and a little spl. showed me he's a better fit at backup PG(2nd or 3rd string).. then clarkson would be. kane is deceptively quick. not marshall fake quick. but he has the combine numbers to back up his quickness. go look him up. i brought it up in this thread i believe. he also knows how to throw his weight around at the pg position. meaning he can post up guys at pg. he can pass out of the post, and score in the post. something you didnt see from clarkson at all. you saw kane in college and in the spl get to the rack anytime he wanted to, then collapse the defense, then kick it out to an open big at the rim or to a shooter.

i'm not saying clarkson didnt hit some guys. but it was not like kane's passing after his deep penetration. kane is more of a pg then clarkson. thats all i'm saying. i think they are equal just at different positions. but from the spl you cant even say who kane is if you dont put that with who he was in iowa. he didnt get enough playing time in the right situations.

question whats stopping the lakers from really using clarkson to backup kobe? do we have a backup SG? NOPE. i believe nick is going to be the starting sf or backup sf. maybe xavier i guess. but we know xavier's production flops when he's on the road. perhaps that will change this season. so we'll see.

lets see
pg-Lin/nash(waiting to be on the IR)/ Kane(the moment nash goes down kane is the backup.

sg-kobe/xavier/clarkson (if xavier is not feeling an away game. clarkson to the rescue early)

SF-Wes/Nick/Kobe/xavier

^thats how i see it.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
you ant ask a guy to perform at a high level if he's placed completely out of his natural position

Problem is, I disagree with that, especially when being 25 should account for some level of basketball experience and hoop IQ.
mike cut it out. lol.

you're not going to look to hot at 6'4 without shannon brown athleticism. period. point blank. there is nothing to discuss on that front. you know its true mike. why are you still stuck on that. lol.

you're trying not to be honest about what i said he had to deal with in comparison to clarkson,kendall/smart(all other drafted rooks playing perimeter positions.

what other 6'4 rook that played primarly pg/sg in college was forced to play SF in the spl and did well with limited mins most of the games without being featured? if you can name me one mike. i'll let it go. until then. stop it.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I hope kane is given on a spot on the team if we don't trade for any other players.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:

what other 6'4 rook that played primarly pg/sg in college was forced to play SF in the spl and did well with limited mins most of the games without being featured? if you can name me one mike. i'll let it go. until then. stop it.

The age difference is a big factor and needs to be addressed. You are very dismissive about the size and experience difference between him and his competition. Mike was right to attribute some of his success to being older and more experienced.

I know people LOVE to say outlandish predictions, because if they are wrong no one cares. But if by the outside change they are right, they can think they are a genius.

But stop it with the excuses... Too many players... Not enough minutes. Not playing his natural position... His mindset might ruin him...

I get it. You are right when you are right. And right when you are wrong.

If he killed it in practice, he'd get more minutes. Period. If he was good enough he'll make it. But I don't think he's going to make it on an NBA roster.
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I would be tempted to buy the jersey if he was to make the roster just because that would look really cool.

Unfortunately, basketball can be a game of rock-paper-scissors in terms of whether middling/journeymen type players can fit in.

Patty Mills, for example. I'm sure Kane has the best of Mills, even at this point, in most measurable areas.

Unfortunately, the game is more complex than that. You need to find the combination of reasonable/middling talent AND an appropriate niche.

That's why the most salient thing PnP has accidentally stumbled on in his circuitous ramblings is the fact that, while he has no apparent place with us, he MIGHT be serviceable to someone else.

And no - he's no Marcus Smart with a Jumper (???).
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

mike cut it out. lol.

you're not going to look to hot at 6'4 without shannon brown athleticism. period. point blank. there is nothing to discuss on that front. you know its true mike. why are you still stuck on that. lol.

you're trying not to be honest about what i said he had to deal with in comparison to clarkson,kendall/smart(all other drafted rooks playing perimeter positions.

You think it's an athleticism thing. It isn't.

It's a hoop IQ thing on age. Period.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

mike cut it out. lol.

i'm still waiting for you to show me this 6'4 guy that isnt s.brown athletic, playing SF in a spl game when he has played pg/SG all of his life. while also playing on the weakside most of the night. i want that guy to make a solid impact. until i see that name mike. i'm going to say its not possble/or at the least, its not probable.

its not hoop iq. you can cut backdoor all you like at 6'4, when a 6'7 guy thats hyper athletic/long guarding you. and watch what will happen. the passer will have to drop a perfect dime.

example. marshall to meeks on the back door. why did that work? meeks is very quick for one. probably quicker then DK in a straight line. in addition it was a perfect pass thrown, and our guys knew how to run more then 1 play. the spl team couldnt pull off more then one play on any consistent basis. this also kills backdoor cuts,etc.

so a shaky offense, with a too small target. is not going to cut it.
marmar86
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

mike cut it out. lol.

Wait. Are you saying DeAndre Kane doesn't have a high basketball IQ? That's pretty laughable.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24091446/iowa-states-hoiberg-believes-kane-is-able

"He's a tremendous talent," Hoiberg said of Kane, who averaged 15.1 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 7.0 assists per game last season for the Thundering Herd. "He's very versatile. The thing I like about him is he always makes the right play. When a guy is open, he makes the right read. He knows when to drive and kick or when to attack the rim. He's got a really good feel."

But what does Fred Hoiberg know about basketball? He only:
* Played in the NBA for 10 seasons
* Was in the Front office for the Timberwolves, including being a scout and on their draft team, for 5 years.
* Has 90 wins in 4 seasons in one of the toughest basketball conferences in college basketball including 3 post seasons in 4 years.
* Won Big 12 Coach of the Year with Bill Self in 2012.
* Is one of the most sought after coaching candidates for about every open position for NBA head coach.

Next time you even come close to accomplishing a single one of these things, let us know. Until then, I'm pretty sure the guy can judge these things better than any of us.

Also:
http://www.nba.com/draft/2014/prospects/deandre_kane

"Iowa State's DeAndre Kane really knows how to play, according to scouts. His basketball IQ is extremely high, and he played very well this year for former NBA player (and likely future NBA coach) Fred Hoiberg. He was an honorable mention all America selection, first team all Big 12 and was Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, helping the Cyclones reach the Sweet 16 with Big 12 Player of the Year Melvin Ejim. "
quiknquiker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

bump
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:

Cheers

Rhetorical ability? He writes a lot and reiterates the same point over and over again like a lawyer. I'm surprised he manages to capture the attention of so many for so long. A thread about DeAndre Kane on the front page of LG...just think about that for a second.
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Cheers

Rhetorical ability? He writes a lot and reiterates the same point over and over again like a lawyer. I'm surprised he manages to capture the attention of so many for so long. A thread about DeAndre Kane on the front page of LG...just think about that for a second.

It's more reflective of where we are as a franchise and as fans than anything else. The fact that this thread still exists is a reflection on where we are at in terms of our existential uncertainty as fans.

Grasping out into the abyss of nothingness and trying to find meaning in someone like "Kane" is like the old days with messiah's coming out every other day claiming to salve everybody's wounds.

What's even more disturbing is the Lin thread(s). I feel like a stranger here now lol.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Is deandre Kane this years Michael carter-Williams? The HOFer MCW
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject:

divncom wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Cheers

It's more reflective of where we are as a franchise and as fans than anything else. The fact that this thread still exists is a reflection on where we are at in terms of our existential uncertainty as fans.

Grasping out into the abyss of nothingness and trying to find meaning in someone like "Kane" is like the old days with messiah's coming out every other day claiming to salve everybody's wounds.

What's even more disturbing is the Lin thread(s). I feel like a stranger here now lol.
Add the "tank" thread to that list.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject:

The more everyone argues about Kane will increase the likelihood he makes the Lakers roster!
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

Cheers
no, because politicians are liars. they'll sell water to a whale. i refuse to do that. so i would never be a good politician. or i should say this. because i'm truthful, i would make a great leader (for the people). but i would never win since i dont like to lie and bend the truth.

notice what you get from me. factual evidence. exhibit A, B and C. now if you can give me the same back that refutes what i said. then great, my point is therefore invalid. If you give me A or B or C but not all 3. Then perhaps both of our points have some validity.

prime example. even though i'm going back n forth with mike. i respect Mike's opinion. But just because i respect your opinion and will even seek it out at times. doesnt mean i will agree with said opinion 100% of the time. this is one of those times. Mike had some exhibit A's a little B. But i responded and poked holes in those examples.

the reason i post walls of text instead of 2 liners. is because #1. i dont care about post counts. (some do). #2. i like to explain in detail and give you multiple examples of why it is that i think the way i think about a particular subject matter. This gives you the chance to fully understand where i'm coming from. Some dont like that wall of text. they would rather read 100 one liners then one 20 liner with detailed explanations. Especially if they dont agree.

Most people on the internet ride with the masses. whatever the masses say is truth. they agree. whatever the masses say is false. they agree. when they dont agree. they will not say this out loud from fear of being an outcast like myself. i have no fear of that. i could care less or is i...t i couldn't care less

This is the Internets. where people will attack the poster instead of the message because they cant attack the message with facts. wait a second that sounds similar to a political race.

PnP, I totally agree with your approach on LG... I've always appreciated full context as opposed to flash one-liners that offer very little context, so don't get discouraged by all the criticism and KEEP IT UP.... Oh and as to picking sides, I also at times go against the grain on LG like for instance I was a huge Bynum fan as well based on what I believed he was capable of when healthy... on the other hand I was never totally sold on DH while most on LG were falling all over themselves to put DH on a pedestal that I never thought he deserved and in fact I had concerns the Lakers might get burned signing him and they did... Bynum failed because of health, otherwise the talent was there to be a great all around true back-to-the-basket Center and to have clearly been a consistent all-star for many years.... DH had huge hops and great defense and exceptional rebounding for his size, after that what he does on the court drops of some... A healthy Bynum would have been a great defender, could clearly rebound with the best and beyond that potentially had a better OVERALL game than Howard... In the end Howard was a HUGE mistake for the Lakers, there were other opportunities to deal Bynum that would have actually helped the Lakers to the extent they would not be in nearly in the rebuilding mode that they find themselves in now... The situation the Lakers are in now had a lot to do with the decision to go after Howard as opposed to other alternatives....

.... So I often find myself agreeing with you with the exception of when you tend to want to tie either the refs or the league in general to conspiracy theories of which I have a problem with.... In the end, I'll admit I will tend to end up on the wrong side of the argument when all is said and done more than you but that's understandable due to the fact you've got better grasp of basketball knowledge....

.... On this topic, I'm hopeful that Kane has the opportunity to show what he can do at the PG position in the pre-season in as much as the Lakers really do need more depth at that position after loosing Marshall.....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16
Jump to: