***Official 2014 Summer League Discussion Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Murphy

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/23/summer-league-kevin-murphy-make-training-camp/
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 2280

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Lottery picks struggle during Summer League
Quote:

No. 1 - Andrew Wiggins, Cavaliers -- Shot 37.8 percent and averaged 13.7 points per game in three games.

No. 2 - Jabari Parker, Bucks -- Averaged 15.6 points and 8.2 rebounds, solid play that included two doible-doubles and another game of 17 and nine.

No. 3 - Joel Embiid, 76ers -- Hurt.

No. 4 - Aaron Gordon, Magic -- He'd better score a lot in transition because defenses are going to back way off and beg him to shoot anywhere beyond five feet after Gordon continued his college storyline by finishing Orlando at 35 percent from the field and 47.8 from the line.

No. 5 - Dante Exum, Jazz -- Getting minutes (26.1) was the key for a player who needs experience. But he also shot just 35.5 percent and had as many turnovers as assists.

No. 6 - Marcus Smart, Celtics -- Scored at least 14 points in three of five games while playing 29.2 minutes and was not sloppy with the ball, an important update amid questions of whether he can be a distributor in the NBA. But that 29.4 percent shooting from the field is troublesome.

No. 7 - Julius Randle, Lakers -- He signed on Sunday and played the same day without benefit of five-on-five work for conditioning. It showed. Randle powered around inside, but still finished at 41.9 percent shooting and never grabbed more than six rebounds.

No. 8 - Nik Stauskas, Kings -- He has shot well (50 percent overall, 63.6 percent on threes), just without getting many attempts and averaging 12 points.

No. 9 - Noah Vonleh, Hornets -- The 11.8 rebounds per game is great production ... and especially valuable for someone shooting 31.4 percent.

No. 10 - Elfrid Payton, Magic -- Did a good job of directing traffic with the ball in his hands a lot in games at his future practice facility in Orlando.

No. 11 - Doug McDermott, Bulls -- Did not disappoint as a shooter, but with the reminder that he can score from a lot of spots on the floor, not just standing near the three-point line.

No. 12 - Dario Saric, 76ers -- Unavailable. For a long time.

No. 13 - Zach LaVine, Timberwolves --The leading scorer for Minnesota at 15.6 points a game, but while shooting 40.3 percent and totaling more turnovers (20) than assists (13).

No. 14 - T.J. Warren, Suns -- One of the best players in Las Vegas. One of the best players in either location actually.



http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/20/rookie-ladder-after-day-9/index.html

It's not like Mitch missed on someone special, but Randle did not stand out either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 2280

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Kevin Murphy

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/23/summer-league-kevin-murphy-make-training-camp/


Mike--

Hi, are you working on more scounting reports?

With the frontcourt crowded, do you have candidates from 1-3 for training camp? It could be from another franchise's summer league team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Kevin Murphy

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/23/summer-league-kevin-murphy-make-training-camp/


Mike--

Hi, are you working on more scounting reports?

With the frontcourt crowded, do you have candidates from 1-3 for training camp? It could be from another franchise's summer league team.


Yes, just Byron Scott and confirmed signings are dominating the news lately.

I have candidates picked out only from the Lakers Vegas Pro League team. The roster is awfully crowded.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Kevin Murphy

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/23/summer-league-kevin-murphy-make-training-camp/


Mike--

Hi, are you working on more scounting reports?

With the frontcourt crowded, do you have candidates from 1-3 for training camp? It could be from another franchise's summer league team.


You're probably looking for this, though.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/15/lakers-justin-holiday-vegas-pro-league/
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Lottery picks struggle during Summer League
Quote:

No. 1 - Andrew Wiggins, Cavaliers -- Shot 37.8 percent and averaged 13.7 points per game in three games.

No. 2 - Jabari Parker, Bucks -- Averaged 15.6 points and 8.2 rebounds, solid play that included two doible-doubles and another game of 17 and nine.

No. 3 - Joel Embiid, 76ers -- Hurt.

No. 4 - Aaron Gordon, Magic -- He'd better score a lot in transition because defenses are going to back way off and beg him to shoot anywhere beyond five feet after Gordon continued his college storyline by finishing Orlando at 35 percent from the field and 47.8 from the line.

No. 5 - Dante Exum, Jazz -- Getting minutes (26.1) was the key for a player who needs experience. But he also shot just 35.5 percent and had as many turnovers as assists.

No. 6 - Marcus Smart, Celtics -- Scored at least 14 points in three of five games while playing 29.2 minutes and was not sloppy with the ball, an important update amid questions of whether he can be a distributor in the NBA. But that 29.4 percent shooting from the field is troublesome.

No. 7 - Julius Randle, Lakers -- He signed on Sunday and played the same day without benefit of five-on-five work for conditioning. It showed. Randle powered around inside, but still finished at 41.9 percent shooting and never grabbed more than six rebounds.

No. 8 - Nik Stauskas, Kings -- He has shot well (50 percent overall, 63.6 percent on threes), just without getting many attempts and averaging 12 points.

No. 9 - Noah Vonleh, Hornets -- The 11.8 rebounds per game is great production ... and especially valuable for someone shooting 31.4 percent.

No. 10 - Elfrid Payton, Magic -- Did a good job of directing traffic with the ball in his hands a lot in games at his future practice facility in Orlando.

No. 11 - Doug McDermott, Bulls -- Did not disappoint as a shooter, but with the reminder that he can score from a lot of spots on the floor, not just standing near the three-point line.

No. 12 - Dario Saric, 76ers -- Unavailable. For a long time.

No. 13 - Zach LaVine, Timberwolves --The leading scorer for Minnesota at 15.6 points a game, but while shooting 40.3 percent and totaling more turnovers (20) than assists (13).

No. 14 - T.J. Warren, Suns -- One of the best players in Las Vegas. One of the best players in either location actually.



http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/20/rookie-ladder-after-day-9/index.html

It's not like Mitch missed on someone special, but Randle did not stand out either.


Warren was off the chart. Elgin Baylor-like from midrange and in. Every shot was leaning or speeding to the hoop. Scouting lesson.

Lottery picks all showed flashes. Inconsistent production shouldn't be a big deal. NCAA season. NCAA tournament. NBA draft workouts. NBA workouts. Traveling schedule. Straight into nearly 5 days straight of elevated play.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Roddy.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/28/shot-training-camp-rodrique-beaubois/
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Posts: 2280

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Thank you.

Do you think Randle can play 3 defensively? I am thinking about pairing Kelly with him. The team has a deep frontline but question marks from 1 to 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LaxT wrote:
Thank you.

Do you think Randle can play 3 defensively? I am thinking about pairing Kelly with him. The team has a deep frontline but question marks from 1 to 3.


In stints, depending on the match up. Big SFs? Yes. But you don't want the guy chasing shooters/slashers.

I wouldn't have him defend Harrison Barnes.

I would have him defend Thaddeus Young if he switched to SF.

Kelly and Randle work well as an offensive duo. Kelly would just have to space SFs and use his standing reach to contest jumpshots.

It wouldn't make sense to have Kelly in the paint defensively with Randle chasing guys.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 10139
Location: 8 miles from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Roddy.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/28/shot-training-camp-rodrique-beaubois/


Thanks, Mike.

Just MHO - Roddy is suited very well to become, at the very least, that elusive change of pace PG off the bench I have always wanted Farmar to become on consistent basis. While Jordan is a much better shooter at this time - defensively he is not even close to Roddy tools wise. Not sure about the attitude defensively though as he demonstrated it only in spurts during the SPL.

In any case - I'd extend a TC invite to him and Thompkins to see what they can do when there is a roster spot (possibly) at stake. Nobody else on the Lakers SPL team caught my eye for that purpose. And I understand that they might look someplace else as the Lakers all but have 13 players on the roster already (I do consider Clarkson all but signed, may be - to non-guaranteed deal). Plus - PG and PF positions might look overcrowded for them and their agents...
_________________
"I guarantee you, guarantee, Kobe will not be traded. Put that in your sig for me. Please." - CorkyTomjanovich, 08/01/2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 81740

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Roddy.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/28/shot-training-camp-rodrique-beaubois/


Thanks, Mike.

Just MHO - Roddy is suited very well to become, at the very least, that elusive change of pace PG off the bench I have always wanted Farmar to become on consistent basis. While Jordan is a much better shooter at this time - defensively he is not even close to Roddy tools wise. Not sure about the attitude defensively though as he demonstrated it only in spurts during the SPL.

In any case - I'd extend a TC invite to him and Thompkins to see what they can do when there is a roster spot (possibly) at stake. Nobody else on the Lakers SPL team caught my eye for that purpose. And I understand that they might look someplace else as the Lakers all but have 13 players on the roster already (I do consider Clarkson all but signed, may be - to non-guaranteed deal). Plus - PG and PF positions might look overcrowded for them and their agents...


Yup. We really do need a 3rd PG (Clarkson I have penciled in as a combo guard) since I have no faith in Nash's body.
_________________
"You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it."

-Kobe to G.Hayward
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Posts: 10139
Location: 8 miles from Staples Center

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golakersgo121 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Roddy.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/28/shot-training-camp-rodrique-beaubois/


Thanks, Mike.

Just MHO - Roddy is suited very well to become, at the very least, that elusive change of pace PG off the bench I have always wanted Farmar to become on consistent basis. While Jordan is a much better shooter at this time - defensively he is not even close to Roddy tools wise. Not sure about the attitude defensively though as he demonstrated it only in spurts during the SPL.

In any case - I'd extend a TC invite to him and Thompkins to see what they can do when there is a roster spot (possibly) at stake. Nobody else on the Lakers SPL team caught my eye for that purpose. And I understand that they might look someplace else as the Lakers all but have 13 players on the roster already (I do consider Clarkson all but signed, may be - to non-guaranteed deal). Plus - PG and PF positions might look overcrowded for them and their agents...


Yup. We really do need a 3rd PG (Clarkson I have penciled in as a combo guard) since I have no faith in Nash's body.


I am of exactly opposite opinion. I do have a faith in Nash's body. In the fact it will break apart i do
_________________
"I guarantee you, guarantee, Kobe will not be traded. Put that in your sig for me. Please." - CorkyTomjanovich, 08/01/2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 34531

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

I thought Beaubois was terrible in summer league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2009
Posts: 4170

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

me too. I was asking myself how we were enamored with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I thought Beaubois was terrible in summer league.


Would you look over 5 consecutive games in a summer?

Or consider his NBA body of work?
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 56036
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 am    Post subject:

DeAndre Kane.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2014/07/31/shot-training-camp-deandre-kane/
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Top 3 Pick: Fultz, Ball, Tatum
LAL ended w 3 of 4 guys of my '17 Draft list.

My summer league spirit player is Brady Heslip.

https://hoop-math.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 26325

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Conner Henry named as new head coach of the L.A. Defenders
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GabKoost
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 13 Jul 2015
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject:

So...

Pick nš1: Doing ok.
Pick nš3: Doing great.
Pick nš4: Shutting mouths off.

Meanwhile, pick nš2 is having a ridiculous summer league averaging atrocious nš of turnovers and a lamentable shooting %.

How many jump shots has he hit? a couple in 20?

That's karma for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70
Page 70 of 70
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB