thank you...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: thank you...

postandpivot wrote:
gus26 wrote:
tomorrow will be 2 weeks since i lost my little sister... (she was 25) and although its still so hard to write or talk about the details, i just want to thank everyone here for distracting me... its hard to not have anything to entertain me and take my mind off of things but LG has helped me so much... i go on here and read some of the crazy things people post, some of the weird trade proposals, rumors... its just been nice that i could get my mind off of it for a while and no one even knew what i was going through, but you guys are all helping me and i just felt compelled to say thank you laker family... thank you...

btw she was a big laker fan, and always borrowed my jerseys and watched the games with me... she'll be in heaven watching the games with me now... and i'm sure she already met dr.buss and chick...
imagine that ...watching the game with doc buss, chicky baby , and her big bro. hey, keep your head up. dont think about what you lost, because you didnt lose anything. you always gain. The moment someone is born you've gained their presence for a time. its a literal "lease on life". We all have one. we just dont know exactly when our lease is up. its different for each one of us. as you've stated, she really didnt die. she just move out of her home here on earth and into her new home in heaven.

everyone one of these post has me in tears... thank you
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I've never experienced this kind of loss. I can't imagine how heartbreaking it is. Whatever help it may be, as you can tell, there are numerous posters here to help you out in whatever limited way it may be. And, of course, condolences.

Be as well as you can be.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: thank you...

gus26 wrote:
tomorrow will be 2 weeks since i lost my little sister... (she was 25) and although its still so hard to write or talk about the details, i just want to thank everyone here for distracting me... its hard to not have anything to entertain me and take my mind off of things but LG has helped me so much... i go on here and read some of the crazy things people post, some of the weird trade proposals, rumors... its just been nice that i could get my mind off of it for a while and no one even knew what i was going through, but you guys are all helping me and i just felt compelled to say thank you laker family... thank you...

btw she was a big laker fan, and always borrowed my jerseys and watched the games with me... she'll be in heaven watching the games with me now... and i'm sure she already met dr.buss and chick...

breaks my heart bro.

I have 2 younger sisters (22 and 19). Even though i give em a hard time and play pranks on them, i love them with all my heart.

Sorry for your loss and hope the lakers can bring you some joy this year.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Stay strong, gus. Much love to you and your family.

Glad your crazy LG fam could provide a little something for you right now.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: thank you...

Gus, just read this thread.

I'm sorry for your loss.
If there's ever anything, to talk, to chat, PM me. I can't imagine what you are going through.
Yes, LG can be a great distraction. I hope it continues to be.

My sincere prayers with you and your loved ones.

postandpivot wrote:
gus26 wrote:

imagine that ...watching the game with doc buss, chicky baby , and her big bro. hey, keep your head up. dont think about what you lost, because you didnt lose anything. you always gain. The moment someone is born you've gained their presence for a time. its a literal "lease on life". We all have one. we just dont know exactly when our lease is up. its different for each one of us. as you've stated, she really didnt die. she just move out of her home here on earth and into her new home in heaven.

Well said.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: thank you...

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Gus, just read this thread.

I'm sorry for your loss.
If there's ever anything, to talk, to chat, PM me. I can't imagine what you are going through.
Yes, LG can be a great distraction. I hope it continues to be.

My sincere prayers with you and your loved ones.

postandpivot wrote:
gus26 wrote:

Well said.

When someone passes, we lose out for a while. We are denied their presence until it's our turn. To is it may seem like an eternity, but to our souls it's probably just a small fragment in time.
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject:

The sadness of a loved one's passing will never be removed, only the intensity. We must balance it out with the memories of joy and fondness we've had while they were with us. It won't alleviate the pain. Only time can do that. But it should provide comfort knowing that they will always remain in our hearts. My condolences.

If you don't mind me asking, how did she pass? No need to answer if you do not wish.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

My deepest condolences Gus26.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: thank you...

gus26 wrote:

I'm sorry Gus. What you're going thru is unspoken, but it's shared human experience. I've lost 2 siblings, including a sister and others in about a 6 yr span. It actually gets more difficult as time goes on and the immediate grief fades, at least in my experience. It's especially hard when it's your sister and your male instincts might at times make you wish you could've gone in her place -- a ton of feelings you have to sort thru. I saw the end of that movie The Descendents a good 4 yrs after and cried my guts out for half an hour - it looked too realistic. Take all the time you need to grieve and screw any of the expectations of others, at work especially, or do the opposite if you're that way and dive INTO work (like Chick did when he and Marge lost their children). Do whatever it takes for you to make yourself semi-happy and/or distracted. Know your pain is a shared one, man. The (bleepin) older you get, the more universal that pain becomes. See a counselor if you feel it might help.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

Sorry for your loss gus. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family as well. This board is therapeutic in ways so thanks for a post I won't be forgetting anytime soon, add me to the list that's there for ya and thanks again.
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

Thank you guys for the continued support
Honestly and sincerely appreciate it
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Been out of town and just saw this..my sympathies, Gus, at the loss of your sister.
I'm so very, very sorry.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: thank you...

non-player zealot wrote:
gus26 wrote:

I'm sorry Gus. What you're going thru is unspoken, but it's shared human experience. I've lost 2 siblings, including a sister and others in about a 6 yr span. It actually gets more difficult as time goes on and the immediate grief fades, at least in my experience. It's especially hard when it's your sister and your male instincts might at times make you wish you could've gone in her place -- a ton of feelings you have to sort thru. I saw the end of that movie The Descendents a good 4 yrs after and cried my guts out for half an hour - it looked too realistic. Take all the time you need to grieve and screw any of the expectations of others, at work especially, or do the opposite if you're that way and dive INTO work (like Chick did when he and Marge lost their children). Do whatever it takes for you to make yourself semi-happy and/or distracted. Know your pain is a shared one, man. The (bleepin) older you get, the more universal that pain becomes. See a counselor if you feel it might help.

+1 Always remember that everyone grieves differently. There is no right and wrong way to grieve. No right way to act. No specific time to heal.

Also, remember that people will try to console you and say the stupidest and most hurtful things without knowing it. Try to find the good intent, not the dumb things coming out of their mouth.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

LG has helped me deal with divorce, financial crisis, loss of dear friends, and all the other crap the world throws at you.

Sorry for your loss Gus. Time is the great healer. It's a strange thing when a random group of planetary citizens bonding together over something as insignificant as a sports team can lift each other up and pull us out of the canyons of life. Peace.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: thank you...

LakersRGolden wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
gus26 wrote:

+1 Always remember that everyone grieves differently. There is no right and wrong way to grieve. No right way to act. No specific time to heal.

Also, remember that people will try to console you and say the stupidest and most hurtful things without knowing it. Try to find the good intent, not the dumb things coming out of their mouth.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/woman-in-black-is-from-alabama-sullivan-co-deputies-say/26323662

^^ we must respect how each other grieves too
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject:

THE PRACTICE OF TONGLEN
two children and adult with candle In order to have compassion for others, we have to have compassion for ourselves.

^^
I do not do my best with this but when I have been in really hard/difficult situations it comes to mind and gives me some peace
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
LG has contributed to my divorce, financial crisis, bouts with insanity, loss of dear friends, and all the other crap the world throws at you.

Fixed it for ya, EB!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
LG has contributed to my divorce, financial crisis, bouts with insanity, loss of dear friends, and all the other crap the world throws at you.

Fixed it for ya, EB!

Got me lol IRL
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Gus, this may sound contrived ... but about a month or two ago, your posts kept jumping out at me and I just kept thinking, "This is a cool dude."

You can look at my joined date and outside of very few posters, I've rarely thought that. I'd like to think these rare examples of intuition bear some meaning that's beyond my limited grasp.

That being said, my heart and prayers go out to you and all your family.

I'm so sorry I chimed in so late but I pray that comfort and peace will fall upon you and yours in an hour unexpected.

Lots of great words shared in here but I like the ones that encourage you to both live and grieve as your heart compels you. We are so blessed to have these wonderful people in our lives that leave us far too soon. I have no doubt, she loves you still.

God bless.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Thinking about ya man and all the others who are experiencing this grief too

Know that she continually sends you energy to live a happier and more fulfilled life than you ever might've.. Live stronger for both of you

Thank You for sharing with us Gus.

Godspeed
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Gus,

I have been going through something really stressful and unfair lately in my life. A situation where some one else is determining my physical freedom. The person imposed a punitive sentence upon me and it has me so angry and upset and hurt and confused.

I have been in shock and disbelief for a week now that I am sure will last much longer ..

Today when someone asked me how I am doing I replied "Well, I am in control of my mind!"

As bitter as I am and as justified as my bitterness is I know I can choose to be bitter or not and choose to be optimistic or angry .. A saying from the Buddha I try to remember and use in other general areas is "You will not be punished for your anger you will be punished by your anger"

*looks like I am using your thread to vent my troubles thank you for creating this thread
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Fixed it for ya, EB!

Got me lol IRL

Muchos Gracias. What was I thinking?
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

I come on here and re-read every single message all the time… it's not easy, it's just a lot harder than I ever imagined

It's not that I'm not a strong person, it's just something so completely unexpected… I would give anything to hug her just one more time to give her another kiss on the cheek…

I pray for strength and I feel god and her help me sometimes… and when family isn't here at work with me, I log on and read your messages
Thank you again
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Gus, I think this book really helped open me up a bit about dealing with pain
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0310214378?pc_redir=1407053191&robot_redir=1
Where is God when it hurts

Another book I really enjoyed
The Shack
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/160941411X?pc_redir=1407138274&robot_redir=1

Growing Empathy and Compassion for what you are going through will open you up to imagining all the random people you see out there who are suffering in silence or dealing with unspeakable sadnesses with nobody to share it with or who they trust can comfort them.

I haven't drank alcohol for basically a year now and sometimes I watch the people going in and out of the liquor store and imagine what some of them are dealing with...

When my little shih-tzu whom I had nursed through benign breast cancer surgery and two other surgeries began dying from her kidney disease I was losing my mind.. When she did pass I imagined for awhile that I helped her leave her disease stricken body and that she wasn't gone but was just with me in a different form she was awesome tough and super cute .. I named her Jessica.

Someday when you're stronger you will find yourself helping another with their grief. Until then turn that frown upside down and live your moments with no regrets

It is said that we regret most in life the things we didn't do!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Fixed it for ya, EB!

Got me lol IRL

Muchos Gracias. What was I thinking?

From one divorced, broke, insane, friendless, crap magnet to another...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: