OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD....WELCOME TO LINSANITY!! (Attn: New and old posters - Please read message on page 1 before posting)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 193, 194, 195  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
fadeaway3 wrote:
cgambino123 wrote:
https://twitter.com/penny10654/status/494658851560382466/photo/1

Someone really needs to create a thread for this now lol

WTH is up with his hover hands? I'm not saying he needs to be groping the girl but its so weird to be putting his hand like that. I rather not see his hand and just assume he has it gently on her back.

He thinks he may lose his virginity if he touches her any closer. I kiid. I kiid.

Please forgive me mod. I couldn't help myself.

out of topic, but that hand...and he's 25. He will prob. be a good boy and never get laid in his life.
timyeung
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lin seems like the type of guy that will run what the coach wants, even if he disagrees with it. He's confident in his ability, but he also isn't going to be the one to cause conflict in the locker room.

That pretty much sums up Lin's entire Houston experience.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Xtreme wrote:
Hey man, is this the only thread allowed "Lin" related here? Cuz it's goonna be hard reading through when Linsanity hits

Pick a good topic that deserves its own thread then maybe? If its mainly going to re-hash the last few years.. I don't know if it deserves its own thread.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerRush wrote:
I was trying to find some info on Clarkson playing at Pro-Am, and ran across this video of Lin taking over a game after a guy dunks over his back and shows off:

Lin put on a clinic at the Pro-Am.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

MorlockO wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Competitive sport at the highest level can be cut throat. Lin needs to have that killer instinct. But no need to talk the talk, he needs to walk the walk.

Killer instinct is overrated... it is a concoction of the media... they just seem to tag it to players who wins...

during the linsanity streak... lin was also tagged that he has that killer instinct... now he does not? LOL!

He has it, it just doesn't seem apparent every game. Though I blame coaching and orders from assistant coaches as well as communication from teammates.

You can see it in his eyes. That is all I have to say. It resonates in your soul if your any type of gamer sports or video games its a feeling and you just take over the game and have your way with everyone Aka competitive spirit, will-to-win, crunch time magic etc.

Kobe and MJ are the two that come to mind that had it on like alllllllllll the damnnnnn time.
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
blueice wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
blueice wrote:
Xtreme wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
TripleJump wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
As an avid but tough fan of Lin, I find Lin a frustrating player to follow.

You aren't much of a fan of Lin if you aren't even fair to him. Flaming him for poor performance, while omitting the fact that he was injured, is grossly unfair to Lin -- and verges on not being truthful.

Quote:
There is no evidence [of Lin's consistency] because Lin's role had been inconsistent the day he got to Houston. Wait, are you actually saying that Lin had a consistent role with the rockets? Lin is inconsistent - even he himself admits that.

Nice of you to dodge Lin's history before Houston. You avoided that, of course, because Linsanity was very consistent in role, minutes, and production for Lin.

Okay. here we go again.

Yup I love the fact that you take every criticism I have said about Lin to support your view that I'm not a Lin fan.

At least I'm on record saying that Lin CAN be better than wall or lillard if he can get over his confidence issues and laker allow him to open up his playbook

Sorry I don't fit your definition of being a undying, faithful Lin supporter..

There's no such thing as a tough fan, casual fan, fake fan, or a true fan, there's only "Fan".

If you can point out 3 or more things about a guy/girl that you don't like, then your not a fan, you can be a critic , a player analyzer , a scout, or whatever, but not a fan. Are you a fan of himself ? His game? Or his skin color?

1.Fan of Jeremy Lin himself as a person: he should be perfect to you, nothing he does will ever upset you.

2.Fan of his game: This is tricky, because if you're a fan of Jeremy , then everything he does on the court is perfect to you

3.Fan of his skin color: you like him because you have no choice!

See where I'm getting at? I stop being a "fan" of Britney when I started to question some of her activities. Just an example.

Your either a fan or not a fan, it's simple.

Well...I think it's a bit to the xtrme (as your name suggests lol). I think a fan can be objective and admits the fault and weakness of the one he roots for.

However, what makes a fan a fan is, simply the tolerance and the patience. You don't get blind when you are a fan, but you don't give up on him and have faith. I think that's a fan.

Otherwise, you're just admiring a superhero, and love can become hate when your superhero is no longer perfect...
I'm sorry but the post you were responding to is so damn ridiculous, a fan can't criticize a player? Wow.

I think a fan should still be objective, just no harsh criticism. Harsh criticisms come from non fans, positive encouragements and support are fans' job.

Disagree. I know so many diehard fans of sport teams who criticize their team when things are not being done the way they think they should. Very passionate fans. I'm talking about the jets fans, mets fans, browns fans, Knicks fans, Manchester United fans on and on.These fans will pledge lifelong allegiance to their teams but if their team isn't winning, they will let them know. But you know they will still watch the games hoping that their team wins. Are these people not fans because they are subjective and criticize their team when things are going rough? I actually find that the more emotionally invested a fan in their team, the more hypercritical they get.

I wouldn't go that extreme as a fan, but either way it's better than blind fans who could only see the goods even when it's against the reality.

I don't mind harsh love, though I prefer to trust Lin that he's self-motivated, and doesn't need others' condemnation too much.
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:

psy123321123 wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
The reason Jeremy doesn't get calls is because he looks like he is out of control when he drives the lane. Compare him to harden who is a much more deliberate, in control.

I don't quite buy that. I think the reason lin didn't get the calls is because of a mixture of him not being designated as the face of the rockets, plus the fact that it was the rockets in general, the second most ignored team in the nba (behind the spurs).

I think refs could also feel the atmosphere of the audiences and the team. He wasn't getting much support in Houston, and combining with his bench position, the refs wouldn't care anymore.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A

blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like he just feels like he's just happy to be playing in the NBA and doesn't have any aspirations to become to best. I'm sure he's not the only NBA player who feels that way - especially when you feel like you will never get a fair chance.

I'm really not sure where you get that from...

He has said multiple times during his interviews that he is just happy to be playing in the NBA probably since he was on the verge of getting cut and being out of the NBA - which is understandable.

I don't like it when he distances himself from linsanity so much like he could never be that player ever again - mostly because that is what Mchale tried to belabor whenever he spoke about Lin as a player.

I really can't gauge how high his aspirations go though. He probably has the approach of just giving his best and seeing what happens

Oh come oh, he was just being humble. He always said that, but afterward you saw him admitting he was not satisfied or that he has a goal to achieve.

Yeah I recognize that. That is why I wrote SOMETIMES. I guess I wish Lin still exhibited that Bravado he showed during linsanity - but it looks like he is trying to remain even keeled and doesn't want to come across too arrogant.

He is who he is.

That's the teaching from bible, can't help it, but that's just him. I am often speechless when he refers to god at the end of every clip or interview I watch with excitement...but that's just his character, and there's nothing bad about it.

Just keep in mind that he actually does have a goal and a high expectation of himself. That's why he's easily anxious before games. You don't have to worry much about him not showing it in words or in front of the media. He's self-motivated.

He can praise god all he wants during interviews. But I just want him to stop deferring too much when he is on the court. I'd like to believe that it was Houston's system that made him gun shy, and I hope to god he doesn't do that with the lakers. That is all I ask of him this year if I could wish him one thing.

Like some poster said on a different forum, if the lakers are gonna have any chance of making the playoffs this year, Lin can't be the overly deferential player he was in Houston. He needs to play with the mindset he had in NY. Whether the team treats him like a role player or not, he will need to usurp the pg role and play HIS brand of basketball. And Lin playing well will automatically mean that the entire team is playing well. That's his game.. To raise the level of his teammates because he really isn't as good as an individual talent. Perhaps Mitch recognized that and got Lin for this purpose.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: A

metalogic7 wrote:
blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like he just feels like he's just happy to be playing in the NBA and doesn't have any aspirations to become to best. I'm sure he's not the only NBA player who feels that way - especially when you feel like you will never get a fair chance.

He has said multiple times during his interviews that he is just happy to be playing in the NBA probably since he was on the verge of getting cut and being out of the NBA - which is understandable.

I don't like it when he distances himself from linsanity so much like he could never be that player ever again - mostly because that is what Mchale tried to belabor whenever he spoke about Lin as a player.

I really can't gauge how high his aspirations go though. He probably has the approach of just giving his best and seeing what happens

Oh come oh, he was just being humble. He always said that, but afterward you saw him admitting he was not satisfied or that he has a goal to achieve.

Yeah I recognize that. That is why I wrote SOMETIMES. I guess I wish Lin still exhibited that Bravado he showed during linsanity - but it looks like he is trying to remain even keeled and doesn't want to come across too arrogant.

He is who he is.

That's the teaching from bible, can't help it, but that's just him. I am often speechless when he refers to god at the end of every clip or interview I watch with excitement...but that's just his character, and there's nothing bad about it.

Just keep in mind that he actually does have a goal and a high expectation of himself. That's why he's easily anxious before games. You don't have to worry much about him not showing it in words or in front of the media. He's self-motivated.

He can praise god all he wants during interviews. But I just want him to stop deferring too much when he is on the court. I'd like to believe that it was Houston's system that made him gun shy, and I hope to god he doesn't do that with the lakers. That is all I ask of him this year if I could wish him one thing.

Like some poster said on a different forum, if the lakers are gonna have any chance of making the playoffs this year, Lin can't be the overly deferential player he was in Houston. He needs to play with the mindset he had in NY. Whether the team treats him like a role player or not, he will need to usurp the pg role and play HIS brand of basketball. And Lin playing well will automatically mean that the entire team is playing well. That's his game.. To raise the level of his teammates because he really isn't as good as an individual talent. Perhaps Mitch recognized that and got Lin for this purpose.

I really think it has a lot do with coaching... Mchale never really believed in his abilities... but fortunately Byron does...

I mean Lin was playing his most efficient basketball in his career @ the start of 13-14 season... he was All-Star efficient (would you believe better than Linsanity? 50%fg 40% from 3pt 80% from free throw)... yet still Mchale opt to start Pat Bev... that tells a lot...

Pre-season Mchale disrespected him by starting Pat Bev at the start of the Preseason ASIA tour... it was a big hoohaa at that time... he immediately wised up and started lin @ taiwan game... then lin went back to the bench again for the remainder of the preseason despite Mchale saying that they have 2 Starting PG what ever that means lol...

He told lin to Stop trying to get offensive rebound yet encouraged Bev to continue... he told lin to stop playing the passing lanes (lin was averaging 2 steals a game) yet let harden and bev continue... etc etc...
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject:

I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd like to point out again that with Nash as a mentor, Lin's game will evolve. From what I've seen of him, Lin has the potential to develop a very similar set of skills as Nash. Coming to the Lakers at this point in time is probably the best thing that could have happened to him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I'm sure this has been said before, but I'd like to point out again that with Nash as a mentor, Lin's game will evolve. From what I've seen of him, Lin has the potential to develop a very similar set of skills as Nash. Coming to the Lakers at this point in time is probably the best thing that could have happened to him.

Agreed 100%. There are lots of reasons why becoming a Laker is probably the best thing to happen to Lin IMO. I don't think you can beat the Lakers-global branding. As EB stated, Nash will improve Lin's game, and if Nash is physically unable to play but still influence guys like Lin/Clarkson, that would be a major boost for the team. I just hope Nash doesn't retreat to Vancouver if he's hurt again. Would certainly help to have his amazing knowledge of the game imputed to the younger players.
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
NomisR wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

honestly, i don't like his answer. i'd much rather hear F AT #K YES I'M THE STARTER. i liked that he made his feelings known through twitter in the jersey # fiasco. he needs a little more alpha swag. he CAN control if he's the starter. he needs to go into training camp and destroy nash and clarkson in practice and remove any shadow of doubt. he is CLEARLY the best PG at this point and his confidence should follow suit.

Yeah. He comes across way too meek. Maybe some of it is the product of mchale's constant criticism in Houston but I wish he had some of that Kobe bravado. He tries to hard not to come across as being showy. And he is too self deprecating to a fault.

I think part of this is the Chinese Confucian humility that he learned from his upbringing. I guess in western cultures, this is a sign of weakness, but I highly doubt it. Like others have said, if he was weak, he wouldn't have made it this far against all odds.

Hell, with the money he's made, he can simply retire and still live a happy life..

He's mentioned how upset he was last year when he was not named a starter. What he learned from it was a lesson in humility to make him a better person. The humility ties into his Christian beliefs, which was what he was discussing. Someone posted a link to his discussion on this somewhere in this thread.

I think he tends to keep everything inside. I don't know if that is good for him or not. It's not like he doesn't reveal it to the public either because he uses his tesimonials to ultimately tell everyone how badly he suffered. I was actually surprised that he tweeted somethifng about the jersey gate - as passive aggressive as it was - when it happened.

Some people may like him for his humility.. Personally I prefer Kobe's style. I absolutely loved it when he tweeted "amnesty THAT" after Cuban brought up the idea- after going off in the very next game against the mavs. He didn't say much. He didn't make a huge deal. He just did his thing and a short simple tweet afterwards. That is so effing boss.

I would absolutely lose my marbles if lin went off like that against the rockets and tweeted something to that of "Trade THAT".

I'd laugh my head off if Jeremy tweet that too.
Probably that will be RT'd a thousand times over

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
ginia1110
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hat

AirShooter wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
rainbelt wrote:
-Showtime- wrote:

Flopping is lame. Harden's brand of flop ball didn't work in the playoffs where he got eliminated in the first round against the Blazers.

As a Blazer fan, I saw Lin keep the Rockets alive in the playoffs,
but I think he passed up too many shots,
which probably cost them Game 6 and round 2.

I expect his skills will reduce the wear & tear on Kobe,
and if some Kobe killer instinct rubs off on Jeremy,
it will be fun to watch. Just taze him for passing up
perfect open shot opportunities.

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. Lin keeps deferring shots and it wasn't just the playoffs. It was his entire freaking career in Houston.

I think of all the Houston players, he's the only one who looked to be afraid to shoot. I see Aaron brooks coming in in his limited minutes and taking buncha shots. Even Bev towards the end of the season started taking shots. And asik took. The man who couldn't make a layup .. He couldn't give a eff.

That was Houston's offense. Everyone had the green light to shoot... Except Lin?.
It would be hard for me to believe Mchale somehow barred only Lin from shooting. It dreaming drive me nuts when he does that stupid fake that fools no one but just ends up costing him an open look.

I sincerely hope Kobe gets on his butt is he pulls off that crap with the lakers.

He can't defer like that and expect to succeed in the league.

You know how some people believe that part of the reason Dwight is so fixated on posting up and adamantly against PNR is because of people like Shaq or Barkley claiming Dwight has no posting skills?

I wonder if something similar might not be at play here with Lin. During Linsanity, haters were looking for anything to bash him on. One criticism was that he "score too much" and wasn't "a true pg." I wonder if that's why he defers a bit too much and is too unselfish, trying to get his teammates assists instead of taking the shot.

I think that balance between scoring and assisting is something that a veteran PG needs to develop in learning to run a team's offense. Especially a PG like Lin who has both the shooting/scoring ability as well as the passing ability to facilitate, instead of a one dimensional PG who can only do one or the other.

Hopefully experience will help season Lin and he'll improve in his decision making of when to defer to get his teammates going and when to just take the freaking shot. I think the veteran wisdom of Kobe and Nash can help Lin learn to find that balance in his game.

But regardless of how he's played played in the rest of the game, the strangest thing is that when 4th quarter rolls around, all that hesitation and over thinking disappears and he stops thinking and just plays. When the pressure is on, his level of play always goes up a notch to match it in the fourth quarter, whether he was good or bad in previous quarters. It's why the Knicks fans called him "Mr. 4th Quarter" because his competitive killer instinct kicks in when the game is on the line, and he stops over thinking and just goes on instinct. I think there was even a stat floating around that showed how his shooting percentages actually go up at the end of games when the score is close.

This. I think most of us agrees with this. Sometimes I'd wish he'd just tuck away his Harvard'ish, overanalyzing mindset and just play street-ball just with smart bball decisions, and think as if every game is a do or die one. he just need to lose that calculator on his head or something. LOL

R.Hibbert, wearing purple & gold next year = my pipe-dream... Lolz
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject:

ginia1110 wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
NomisR wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

honestly, i don't like his answer. i'd much rather hear F _at_ #K YES I'M THE STARTER. i liked that he made his feelings known through twitter in the jersey # fiasco. he needs a little more alpha swag. he CAN control if he's the starter. he needs to go into training camp and destroy nash and clarkson in practice and remove any shadow of doubt. he is CLEARLY the best PG at this point and his confidence should follow suit.

Yeah. He comes across way too meek. Maybe some of it is the product of mchale's constant criticism in Houston but I wish he had some of that Kobe bravado. He tries to hard not to come across as being showy. And he is too self deprecating to a fault.

I think part of this is the Chinese Confucian humility that he learned from his upbringing. I guess in western cultures, this is a sign of weakness, but I highly doubt it. Like others have said, if he was weak, he wouldn't have made it this far against all odds.

Hell, with the money he's made, he can simply retire and still live a happy life..

He's mentioned how upset he was last year when he was not named a starter. What he learned from it was a lesson in humility to make him a better person. The humility ties into his Christian beliefs, which was what he was discussing. Someone posted a link to his discussion on this somewhere in this thread.

I think he tends to keep everything inside. I don't know if that is good for him or not. It's not like he doesn't reveal it to the public either because he uses his tesimonials to ultimately tell everyone how badly he suffered. I was actually surprised that he tweeted somethifng about the jersey gate - as passive aggressive as it was - when it happened.

Some people may like him for his humility.. Personally I prefer Kobe's style. I absolutely loved it when he tweeted "amnesty THAT" after Cuban brought up the idea- after going off in the very next game against the mavs. He didn't say much. He didn't make a huge deal. He just did his thing and a short simple tweet afterwards. That is so effing boss.

I would absolutely lose my marbles if lin went off like that against the rockets and tweeted something to that of "Trade THAT".

Actually, he should tweet, BENCH THAT!
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

NomisR wrote:
ginia1110 wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
NomisR wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
DJ Slik wrote:

honestly, i don't like his answer. i'd much rather hear F _at_ #K YES I'M THE STARTER. i liked that he made his feelings known through twitter in the jersey # fiasco. he needs a little more alpha swag. he CAN control if he's the starter. he needs to go into training camp and destroy nash and clarkson in practice and remove any shadow of doubt. he is CLEARLY the best PG at this point and his confidence should follow suit.

Actually, he should tweet, BENCH THAT!

And even if this was the only arrogant, unjeremy like thing he did for his ENTIRE career, I would never ever complain about him being too meek or deferential again. It will just represent a collective eff u from all of his fans to the rockets organizatio/CF and for what he had to endure and be awesome on so many levels....

...... Okay ... ...Back to reality.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

He's playing with kobe now. If he can do something right, that works, kobe will push him to do it again and again and again.

Melo? not like that
D12? not like that
Harden? not like that

Not that kobe is in his prime or anything at all.. but he's only played with inconsistent team mates since the 3peat.

Flashes of consistency brought us 3 trips to the finals and possibly 4.

Lin and boozer, if anything, are consistent when allowed to be.

I see the glass as half full until i see otherwise.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: A

MorlockO wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
blueice wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

He is who he is.

I really think it has a lot do with coaching... Mchale never really believed in his abilities... but fortunately Byron does...

I mean Lin was playing his most efficient basketball in his career @ the start of 13-14 season... he was All-Star efficient (would you believe better than Linsanity? 50%fg 40% from 3pt 80% from free throw)... yet still Mchale opt to start Pat Bev... that tells a lot...

Pre-season Mchale disrespected him by starting Pat Bev at the start of the Preseason ASIA tour... it was a big hoohaa at that time... he immediately wised up and started lin @ taiwan game... then lin went back to the bench again for the remainder of the preseason despite Mchale saying that they have 2 Starting PG what ever that means lol...

He told lin to Stop trying to get offensive rebound yet encouraged Bev to continue... he told lin to stop playing the passing lanes (lin was averaging 2 steals a game) yet let harden and bev continue... etc etc...

That is why Linfans are and the laker fans should be so hopeful for the upcoming year. This is exactly what I saw too. Why is Bev trying for rebounds when Lin hardly ever does? Lin was a great rebounding pg when he was with the Knicks because he is quick to the ball. That disappeared as his first season went on. It's like the rockets discouraged Lin from doing all the things he does well.

And with respect to the starting pg thing. That was definitely decided in the playoffs from the year before. There was never a competition. Lin came back and played beautifully in the preseason having worked on all the things they told him to work on. But mchale's and Morey's minds were already made up. And starting Bev over Lin in Philippines was just so classless. How da hell do you go into someone else's home and do something like that. There were so many fans who paid lots of money to see Jeremy's name announced in the starting line up and that is what he does? I mean he couldn't get back to the states to pull that off?

But I digress. I am hopeful that Lin will be unleashed this year. Let Lin play his game. Give Lin a fair chance. Encourage Lin to do what he does well instead of trying to make him into something that the coach thinks he should be. What do the lakers have to lose?

If Lin is made to play like he did in Houston, the lakers will not do much this year. That is almost guaranteed.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:

And even if this was the only arrogant, unjeremy like thing he did for his ENTIRE career, I would never ever complain about him being too meek or deferential again. It will just represent a collective eff u from all of his fans to the rockets organizatio/CF and for what he had to endure and be awesome on so many levels....

Will never happen, Lin lets his game do the talking. And he may let out subtle hints of eff you here and there but it's not direct. And he uses humor to deflect (his recent youtube video)
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Will never happen, Lin lets his game do the talking. And he may let out subtle hints of eff you here and there but it's not direct. And he uses humor to deflect (his recent youtube video)

[banned for non-basketball, inappropriate religious attack]
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

... And bible verses to complain passive aggressively.

wow.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

metalogic7 wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

... And bible verses to complain passive aggressively.

seriously? he's showing a different way of dealing with adversity and being disrespected and you called him being passive aggressive?

he's basically saying - you disrespected me, but that's ok. i can still love you because jesus loved me while i disrespected HIM. but this is off topic...
Maknusia
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: A

[quote="metalogic7"][quote="MorlockO"]
metalogic7 wrote:

Why is Bev trying for rebounds when Lin hardly ever does? Lin was a great rebounding pg when he was with the Knicks because he is quick to the ball. That disappeared as his first season went on. It's like the rockets discouraged Lin from doing all the things he does well.

Its a fact that McHale didnt want JL to go for rebounds. He said it in one of the interview's; "He only wants the Big to rebound, and no other, except for PB" (paraphrased).
NomisR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: A

[quote="Maknusia"][quote="metalogic7"]
MorlockO wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Why is Bev trying for rebounds when Lin hardly ever does? Lin was a great rebounding pg when he was with the Knicks because he is quick to the ball. That disappeared as his first season went on. It's like the rockets discouraged Lin from doing all the things he does well.

Its a fact that McHale didnt want JL to go for rebounds. He said it in one of the interview's; "He only wants the Big to rebound, and no other, except for PB" (paraphrased).

Again, I posted this, probably 40 pages back and people were saying it's a conspiracy theory, but the fact the Morey and McHale cut Lin, and Linsanity got them in trouble with Alexander, the owner. So they got him back but they want to prove to their boss that they're right for cutting him so they undermine him. And with the whole Houston media and team narrative, it really shows.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: A

[quote="NomisR"][quote="Maknusia"]
metalogic7 wrote:
MorlockO wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Again, I posted this, probably 40 pages back and people were saying it's a conspiracy theory, but the fact the Morey and McHale cut Lin, and Linsanity got them in trouble with Alexander, the owner. So they got him back but they want to prove to their boss that they're right for cutting him so they undermine him. And with the whole Houston media and team narrative, it really shows.

Again I don't buy that. All this can be explained simply by the fact that morey and especially Mchale didn't think much of Lin as a player. When one starts to bring up the idea that the entire organization somehow conspired to make a player look bad, you have already lost your audience.
metalogic7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: A

[quote="Maknusia"][quote="metalogic7"]
MorlockO wrote:
metalogic7 wrote:

Actually I rememeber the quote about how he wants only bigs to rebound while the guards run up the court. But I don't remember him specifically pointing out this rule doesn't apply to Bev.

It's reallu a moot point because whatever the case, lin was obviously discouraged.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 169, 170, 171 ... 193, 194, 195  Next
Page 170 of 195
Jump to: