Monroe or bledsoe

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Monroe or bledsoe

Both are unsigned and I believe both will be signed and traded we need to get in on one of those guys. Of course Randle is off limits but that Houston pick and expiring contracts would be the package maybe they can get more back somewhere else but maybe we could put pressure as I am sure both players would love to come to town. It really needs to happen a bledsoe Randle or Monroe Randle is a good young base to build a team with. I think the keeping a clean slate for 2 or 3 years from now is stupid add pieces that can either be attractive to players to join or be sign and trade pieces in getting a free agent. I think that is the best way to go. If we get Monroe we bring boozer Davis and hill off the bench. If we get bledsoe we start boozer hill or Davis at center
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Monroe or bledsoe

vicman wrote:
Both are unsigned and I believe both will be signed and traded we need to get in on one of those guys. Of course Randle is off limits but that Houston pick and expiring contracts would be the package maybe they can get more back somewhere else but maybe we could put pressure as I am sure both players would love to come to town. It really needs to happen a bledsoe Randle or Monroe Randle is a good young base to build a team with. I think the keeping a clean slate for 2 or 3 years from now is stupid add pieces that can either be attractive to players to join or be sign and trade pieces in getting a free agent. I think that is the best way to go. If we get Monroe we bring boozer Davis and hill off the bench. If we get bledsoe we start boozer hill or Davis at center

Not sure that's enough. It would have to be Nash + (4-5m in salaries) + 1st and 2nd?

At worst, Bledsoe will just take PHX's reported 48m offer or take the QO and become unrestricted next year (big risk). Not sure if that package is appealing enough to Pistons either.

So I say neither is feasible as of now. Maybe in January when Hill is tradeable (but he would have to agree to it).
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Monroe or bledsoe

yinoma2001 wrote:
vicman wrote:

Not sure that's enough. It would have to be Nash + (4-5m in salaries) + 1st and 2nd?

At worst, Bledsoe will just take PHX's reported 48m offer or take the QO and become unrestricted next year (big risk). Not sure if that package is appealing enough to Pistons either.

So I say neither is feasible as of now. Maybe in January when Hill is tradeable (but he would have to agree to it).

Don't get why PHX would even entertain Bledsoe. I mean, they have money tied up in Dragic and Thomas now. They should move Bledsoe, IMO, for other pieces to complement their roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Monroe or bledsoe

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vicman wrote:

Don't get why PHX would even entertain Bledsoe. I mean, they have money tied up in Dragic and Thomas now. They should move Bledsoe, IMO, for other pieces to complement their roster.

Me neither. If the Lakers REALLY wanted Bledsoe, could/should have made an offer as a RFA, and either PHX ties themselves up with Bledsoe (and has 4 PGs) or we get him. But I guess (and hope) the Lakers passed up on him b/c to give up a 1st rounder to get him now (though tossing Nash's dead contract would be nice) is just asinine.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

I think if circumstances changed it wouldn't be that big of a deal to give up a pick just cause we made a mistake in not offering him before we don't necessarily have to shy away from fixing it
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
I think if circumstances changed it wouldn't be that big of a deal to give up a pick just cause we made a mistake in not offering him before we don't necessarily have to shy away from fixing it

Nor should we compound a mistake with another, trading possibly multiple 1st (2015 and future considerations) for a player who had multiple knee injuries. There's probably a reason we passed on making an offer.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

I don't know about those two. Monroe really needs a very good coaching staff to develop him. And Bledsoe needs the Phoenix medical staff...
Epic1971
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

I would try to get Monroe, not Bledsoe. Nash, Houston's pick, Hill? Not sure what it would take.

We don't have enough.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

Epic1971 wrote:
I would try to get Monroe, not Bledsoe. Nash, Houston's pick, Hill? Not sure what it would take.

We don't have enough.

RE: Hill, would have to wait until January for that to happen, plus his consent (he has a no-trade clause b/c Lakers have team option in year 2).
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Epic1971 wrote:

We don't have enough.

RE: Hill, would have to wait until January for that to happen, plus his consent (he has a no-trade clause b/c Lakers have team option in year 2).

I don't think Hill is a no-trade, but he has a trade trigger. If he's dealt, year two is automatically picked up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Bledsoe is a risk but we need to take risks right now and the reward is high enough where the risk is justified IMO
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

In all honesty I believe Bledsoe's camp is going to try to force a trade or sign a one year deal or something. It just doesn't seem right, I know they have to get the fact that he's not a MAX player. I believe the entire league knows this, but I also believe that he wouldn't want the MAX even if offered from Phoenix and they're not going to give him that.

Bledsoe is marketable and in a bigger market can make more money if on a non-max deal right now.
They have Thomas and Dragic and there back court is locked even without Bledsoe signing, so we need to do what it takes to nab him and get him locked in for a few years as a Laker.

Monroe I believe is out of the question for us, maybe next year if he takes a lesser deal with Detroit and try his luck for next summer.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:

Looks like Mitch and company are still looking, but looks like another looong season
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

They both should take the 1 year offer.

Monroe is a young big... yes he only gets 5.5 this year... but dtown is only offering him about 11 mil per at the moment, and it's DTown.

If I'm Monroe I'm buying a sports insurance policy... and spending the first half of the season in DTown... around the trade deadline... a Nash and Houston first type offer looks really good to a Dtown who knows they'll lose him anyways.

Bledsoe is in a tighter spot... because he's not a big and they already have two backcourt guys that are competing with him... but if he wants to be a Laker... He should also pick up the option.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if next off season both these guys were Lakers... Love is no longer in play...

Puts a core of Bledsoe, Monroe, Randle together... with a maxed Kobe (maybe the money for a future durant move).

Find a defensive beast at the 3 spot... itd be a solid team.

Monroe's a center in the league now... Drum is just blocking his true position. A little bit of more bulk... the guy was 23 last year... and he'll be there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Monroe... LeBron's people pretty much killed getting Bledsoe at a reasonable price. Randle and Monroe would be dangerous and affordable.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
In all honesty I believe Bledsoe's camp is going to try to force a trade or sign a one year deal or something. It just doesn't seem right, I know they have to get the fact that he's not a MAX player. I believe the entire league knows this, but I also believe that he wouldn't want the MAX even if offered from Phoenix and they're not going to give him that.

Bledsoe is marketable and in a bigger market can make more money if on a non-max deal right now.
They have Thomas and Dragic and there back court is locked even without Bledsoe signing, so we need to do what it takes to nab him and get him locked in for a few years as a Laker.

Monroe I believe is out of the question for us, maybe next year if he takes a lesser deal with Detroit and try his luck for next summer.

Wont happen... No team is bailing out Phoenix on this one. They made their bed.

Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Bledsoe is a risk but we need to take risks right now and the reward is high enough where the risk is justified IMO

Trading for him would be the stupidest move of Mitch's career.

krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Both. We can compete 2015.

Bledsoe
Lin
Kobe
Randle
Monroe
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Initially, I thought Monroe might not be an option, but it seems as if he's ready to make his way outta Detroit. I'm hoping he's one of those players that actually comes from an East Coast Team to a West Coast Team. He could help the Lakers Tremendously. He's a true 5 that takes ups space and can score the Ball. Defense is always something every NBA Player needs to work on.
If this deal can get done before the deadline, I think the Lakers should go for it. Nash and a 1st rounder would do it. I think he's worth it!
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject:

ill take monroe
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject:

Bledsoe.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Initially, I thought Monroe might not be an option, but it seems as if he's ready to make his way outta Detroit. I'm hoping he's one of those players that actually comes from an East Coast Team to a West Coast Team. He could help the Lakers Tremendously. He's a true 5 that takes ups space and can score the Ball. Defense is always something every NBA Player needs to work on.
If this deal can get done before the deadline, I think the Lakers should go for it. Nash and a 1st rounder would do it. I think he's worth it!

But he's not a restricted free agent so we can't match deals.

We don't get his Bird rights so we can't offer a 5th year and higher raises.

So basically it's a half-season rental. No thanks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: