VIDEO: NYPD Cops choke a guy to death for allegedly selling cigarettes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
Choke holds aren't about asphyxiation, they cut off blood flow to the brain. Proximate cause of unconsciousness and death is lack of blood flow due to constriction of the carotid artery. This is why it is possible to subdue someone in less than ten seconds, whereas asphyxiation could take up to a minute or more, depending on the target's physical fitness.

Cardiac episodes are a not uncommon side effect, even for otherwise healthy individuals. Lots of good reasons that this maneuver is outlawed, even among trained persons.

A Manslaughter charge is a no brainer for this (bleep). His buddies should be looking at obstruction charges as well.

I have no background knowledge

But what if the choke was placed improperly
Having the bicep on the front of the mans throat/Adams apple..could a chokehold crush the airways?

It is my belief that the victim could have easily fought back and never did..therefore no explanation for these dire restraints so soon in the discourse

This cop was a renegade and like a pit bull that knows no boundaries he needs to b
Removed of his citizenship..ala prison time and needs to be rehabilitated
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

Desk duty is probably easier than police work. No doubt he's getting paid the same.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is horrible.

F'ing A, man. Seriously??????

A man's life taken for that??????

I'm so pissed.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Ted wrote:
another video
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=509_1405750941

Disgusting. Not even a half hearted attempt at CPR or anything. Just a bunch of small dicked steroid abusers trying to intimidate the onlookers.

Exactly my thoughts.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

NYPD chokehold death ruled homicide; expert predicts grand jury case
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

LINK

I'm waiting to see if the officer or officers and paramedics will be charged. If I'm not mistaken the decision to move forward is in the hands of the DA. I'm from Los Angeles and don't have a lot of faith in Commissioner Bratton doing the right thing.

This happened on July 17th. How long does it take before a decision is made too or not give this to a grand jury?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
TheSource666
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

Whenever I see a police abuse thread, I know it's from C M B.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:
Choke holds aren't about asphyxiation, they cut off blood flow to the brain. Proximate cause of unconsciousness and death is lack of blood flow due to constriction of the carotid artery. This is why it is possible to subdue someone in less than ten seconds, whereas asphyxiation could take up to a minute or more, depending on the target's physical fitness.

Cardiac episodes are a not uncommon side effect, even for otherwise healthy individuals. Lots of good reasons that this maneuver is outlawed, even among trained persons.

A Manslaughter charge is a no brainer for this (bleep). His buddies should be looking at obstruction charges as well.

Having the bicep on the front of the mans throat/Adams apple..could a chokehold crush the airways?

It is my belief that the victim could have easily fought back and never did..therefore no explanation for these dire restraints so soon in the discourse

This cop was a renegade and like a pit bull that knows no boundaries he needs to b

There are two types of chokeholds. One is where the bicep and the forearm compress the carotid arteries. That leads to LOC in several seconds. The second is the one where the forearm compresses the layrnx. That can lead to a fracture of the larynx.

The initial officer was too small to place the first chokehold on Mr. Garner. But he did use a sort of forearm choke and gained the leverage to bring him down.

I saw a snap shot of a different officer who had Mr. Garner down and in a carotid choke.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:

There are two types of chokeholds. One is where the bicep and the forearm compress the carotid arteries. That leads to LOC in several seconds. The second is the one where the forearm compresses the layrnx. That can lead to a fracture of the larynx.

The initial officer was too small to place the first chokehold on Mr. Garner. But he did use a sort of forearm choke and gained the leverage to bring him down.

I saw a snap shot of a different officer who had Mr. Garner down and in a carotid choke.

The experience I had with the choke hold, a friend showing me how to apply it, was pressure applied on the side of my neck. I got light headed, dizzy and was about to pass out, he let go. I assume that's the affects of the carotid choke hold.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Nudizl_Forshizl wrote:

The experience I had with the choke hold, a friend showing me how to apply it, was pressure applied on the side of my neck. I got light headed, dizzy and was about to pass out, he let go. I assume that's the affects of the carotid choke hold.

Probably. The forearm one can make you pass out but your throat hurts like a SOB for a good while afterwards. You learn how to do a forearm choke because the technique and how you apply pressure is a little different than the carotid choke and then you never practice it, it's just dangerous as can be.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The medical examiner ruled Garner's death a homicide caused in part by the chokehold. But police union officials and Pantaleo's lawyer have argued that the officer used a takedown move taught by the police department, not a chokehold, and that Garner's poor health was the main reason he died.

NYC Panel Nears Decision on Police Chokehold Death
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nyc-panel-nears-decision-police-chokehold-death-27237705
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The medical examiner ruled Garner's death a homicide caused in part by the chokehold. But police union officials and Pantaleo's lawyer have argued that the officer used a takedown move taught by the police department, not a chokehold, and that Garner's poor health was the main reason he died.

NYC Panel Nears Decision on Police Chokehold Death
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nyc-panel-nears-decision-police-chokehold-death-27237705

Just because the chokehold was taught by the department doesn't mean an officer can use it whenever he wants. They are taught to shoot too, but can't just kill whoever they want, whenever they want.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

I think the police as a whole have good intentions but Horrible training and accountability.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

No indictment in this one either! Yikes, things could get bad in NYC too.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Wow wow wow

Saw an article today saying stores were anxiously awaiting the decision.

How can people change the authority when it is the authority. Even the coroner considered this to be a homicide.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Seemed pretty cut and dried. Medical examination stated officers were responsible and they had video of the incident. I guess the NYPD figures its easier to payoff lawsuits than admit guilt.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Jesus, even with video evidence + forensic backing...no indictment.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Just because the chokehold was taught by the department doesn't mean an officer can use it whenever he wants. They are taught to shoot too, but can't just kill whoever they want, whenever they want.

i beg to differ
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

If there's anything to riot & fuss about, it's this case.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Jesus, even with video evidence + forensic backing...no indictment.

Reminds me of the Kelly case. Video evidence of a dude getting beaten to death by Five-O with dozens of eye witnesses and they couldn't get a conviction. At least that one went to court.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm all out of outrage.

Maybe they're counting on that?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Commissioner Bratton's influence. Broken window policy. Stop the sale of illegal cigarettes, that's the low end that escalates.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/doj-to-open-criminal-civil-rights-investigation-into-eric-garners-death/
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Just a few bad apples.

!...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

From link above
Quote:
President Obama addressed the grand jury decision at an event Wednesday.

"When anybody in America is not being treated equally under the law, that's a problem, and it's my job to solve it."

Grand Jury.. More like Grand WIZARD Jury

NYPD BANNED CHOKE HOLDS IN 1993 HMMMM....

So... What is supposed to be done eh? How will Black Americans ever trust the police?

If I was Black I would be outraged and scared shirtless all at the same time...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: