Ray Rice appology

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Ray Rice appology

LINK

I missed the live interview. Is this the entire interview? Did he take questions? Did he reveal what caused the altercation? I certainly would have like to have been a fly on the wall in that elevator.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject:

Link not working for me.

I think that being a wife beater is worse than dog fighting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Link not working for me.

I think that being a wife beater is worse than dog fighting.

Thanks, I repaired the link.

Rice married Janay the day after he was indicted. A wife doesn't have to testify against her husband, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Rice appology

jodeke wrote:

I missed the live interview. Is this the entire interview? Did he take questions? Did he reveal what caused the altercation? I certainly would have like to have been a fly on the wall in that elevator.

His wife probably doesn't remember what the cause was. She probably doesn't remember anything that happened in the previous 7 months either. I'm sure he'll come away reformed after that 2 gm suspension, though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

The media won't let this go. It's the topic on most sports talk TV and radio.

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Well, when there is video of you dragging your lady it's kinda hard to sweep it under the rug.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Well, when there is video of you dragging your lady it's kinda hard to sweep it under the rug.

Yeah, it looks really bad. I just think keeping it front page so long is overkill.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, it looks really bad. I just think keeping it front page so long is overkill.

I have not followed the story in any way.. but isn't the city going to press charges? Some states even if the woman chooses not to the state will pick up charges..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I have not followed the story in any way.. but isn't the city going to press charges? Some states even if the woman chooses not to the state will pick up charges..

Some states do pick up charged. In this case they were both arrested, charged with simple assault. Both dropped charges against each other. Ray accepted a intervention program.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

I listened to it on the radio. He did seem legitimately regretful, especially when speaking about his daughter's perception of him in the future. But I still think he's a violent person.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Some states do pick up charged. In this case they were both arrested, charged with simple assault. Both dropped charges against each other. Ray accepted a intervention program.

Thank you.. surprised that was good enough for the state..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
I listened to it on the radio. He did seem legitimately regretful, especially when speaking about his daughter's perception of him in the future. But I still think he's a violent person.

Why? I don't think he's been charged with any acts of violence in the past.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Don't know if this guy is uncheckered with women (it is hard to believe a hulking pro footballer who turned his wife into a puddle of liquid hasn't gone there before -- blame OJ for that one), but maybe he's on some powerful, mind and body altering gym supplements. He looks like he's a disciple of the Ferrigno School. This guy could kill a woman with a clean punch. If this was his first time, he'd better hope it was his last. Again, I'm not so sure considering he also dragged her out of the elevator face down. I dunno...maybe carrying her in his arms would've looked more contrite than dragging her out of the threshold like a bouncer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Don't know if this guy is uncheckered with women (it is hard to believe a hulking pro footballer who turned his wife into a puddle of liquid hasn't gone there before -- blame OJ for that one), but maybe he's on some powerful, mind and body altering gym supplements. He looks like he's a disciple of the Ferrigno School. This guy could kill a woman with a clean punch. If this was his first time, he'd better hope it was his last. Again, I'm not so sure considering he also dragged her out of the elevator face down. I dunno...maybe carrying her in his arms would've looked more contrite than dragging her out of the threshold like a bouncer.

I've never seen nor heard of him involved with violence of any sort. He said that wasn't him. He seemed honestly contrite.

Don't misunderstand, I'm by no means condoning his act. The way he drug his girlfriend, now wife, from the elevator was appalling. What was shown is repulsively apprehensible. The message sent to our youth was not a good one, neither is the one being sent by Justin Bieber.

I just don't understand why some think he's a violent person by nature.

PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Does this mean that Ray Rice is currently on steroids?
Got so mad that he just punched his wife. HIS FREAKING WIFE!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:

Bishes be crazy
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I've never seen nor heard of him involved with violence of any sort. He said that wasn't him. He seemed honestly contrite.

Don't misunderstand, I'm by no means condoning his act. The way he drug his girlfriend, now wife, from the elevator was appalling. What was shown is repulsively apprehensible. The message sent to our youth was not a good one, neither is the one being sent by Justin Bieber.

People saying he drug his wife .. and you don't understand

Dude is certifiably lost and needs therapy more than he needs to play nfl
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

He lost it this one time I know of. Does that make him violent by nature or someone who momentarily snapped?

He's going to therapy.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

He lost it this one time I know of. Does that make him violent by nature or someone who momentarily snapped?

He's going to therapy.

Glad he is getting therapy...
watched vid
seems he didn't continue any hitting
hopefully they can both move on from this and grow through it
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:

Not that it makes any difference but she was his girlfriend at that time. They got married the day after he was indicted. Wife doesn't have to testify against her husband.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: