Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May 4, 2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Blade and Blade 2 were very good marvel comic book movies too.

Blade 1's soundtrack is oh so good

STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!

!...
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!

Loved GOTG's soundtrack, it's like a cult classic!

Probably the feel good movie of the year.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

STRUCK BY LIGHTNING!!!

Loved GOTG's soundtrack, it's like a cult classic!

Probably the feel good movie of the year.

QFT!
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Fun movie!

Dave Batista's character surprisingly is my favorite!

Recommended
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:

^^ Was waiting for you to chime in, bro.
My kids couldn't stop talking about it today. A few weeks ago, we saw transformers4 and we forgot about the damn 'film' soon as we left the theater. This one sticks with u a bit.

Next Marvel film is Avengers : AoU next year. I'm waiting for someone to leak the Comic-con footage so I can start a proper thread.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Please, "chick".

PLATNUM wrote:
CMB is the resident LG emo kid

Yeah, let's not do this. I understand that you have a problem with my taste in movies, but there's really no reason to be a little pendejo about it. Okay, toots?

Just say you like the movie and leave it at that.

Quote:
The comedy wasn't over the top

They defeated an infinity gem-wielding supervillain by having Chris Pratt distract him by dancing.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
C M B wrote:
Glenn Close, John C. Reilly, Djimon Honsou, and Benecio Del Toro were all in this movie and Dave Bautista got more lines than all of them combined, which speaks for the production goals.

Oh come on! I haven't seen it yet and you're making it sound even worse than I first thought. I'm just surprised among the Marvel Universe they chose this team. I never really thought much of them. I thought Drax was a villain that died a long time ago in the comics.

Yup, I'm kind of disappointed they chose this team when they could've invested a year and the same amount money in their more popular/interesting characters. At at this point, I'm pretty sure that Marvel studios knows that it could put any of their obscure universe onto the screen and people would gobble it up to the tune of $$$,$$$,$$$.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject:

It had a lot of corny scenes but i still enjoyed it.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Manilathrilla121 wrote:
C M B wrote:
1.) X-Men 1st Class
2.) Avengers
3.) Iron Man 1
4.) Cap 1
5.) Sp0dermen 2

Wow Cap 1 as top 5? I'd like an explanation why. I'm definitely not hating, just curious. I hold Iron Man 2 higher than most, so I'm not one to bash opinions haha.

I've ranked it higher, but for me, I love the WWII background and it shows through the director Joe Johnston, who was a major part in Raiders of the Los Ark and Rocketeer. Even when it was being treated as nothing more than a prologue to Avengers, it still had heart and showed you don't need to be dark to have a compelling story/lead. It's a throwback to some good ol movie storytelling.

So when you have a woman running in the forest on high heels in the midst of a WW2 battle that didn't seem any weird to you?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Manilathrilla121 wrote:
C M B wrote:
1.) X-Men 1st Class
2.) Avengers
3.) Iron Man 1
4.) Cap 1
5.) Sp0dermen 2

Wow Cap 1 as top 5? I'd like an explanation why. I'm definitely not hating, just curious. I hold Iron Man 2 higher than most, so I'm not one to bash opinions haha.

I've ranked it higher, but for me, I love the WWII background and it shows through the director Joe Johnston, who was a major part in Raiders of the Los Ark and Rocketeer. Even when it was being treated as nothing more than a prologue to Avengers, it still had heart and showed you don't need to be dark to have a compelling story/lead. It's a throwback to some good ol movie storytelling.

So when you have a woman running in the forest on high heels in the midst of a WW2 battle that didn't seem any weird to you?

Hah.

The overall look was great but as far as a story, it was typical comic book origins fare. If you stripped away the look of the movie, it was fairly generic. The ones that set themselves apart do so because of witty dialogue, actors portrayals, chemistry etc. CA1 had none of those. Story lines ain't changing, for the most part they're going to run on rails (Peter Parker is going to get bit by that Spider, Cap Am gonna get juiced yadda, yadda).
Rocketeer suffered from the same thing. Way too much emphasis was put on capturing an era/look. That's about all it had going for it. In any event, Chris Evans grew into the Captain America role in his 3rd time playing the character. He was weak sauce in the first one. Origins story lines by nature are gift-wrapped and CA 1 managed to do nothing stand out with it.

Forgot about Spiderman 2. Such a good movie. I'd put that one up there. Just hit every note it was going for. Doc Oc was amazing. The best Marvel villain portrayal imo.

I'm going to try to keep an open mind on GoTG but I have to be honest. I'm not feeling a light-hearted, "funny" superhero movie.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Fun movie!

Dave Batista's character surprisingly is my favorite!

Recommended

He had the best one liners.

"I am not a princess!"

"Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would stop it with my hands."

"When did we agree on that?" "Just a minute ago." "Oh, I wasn't paying attention, I was thinking about something else."
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject:

What were everyone's thoughts on Brolin as Thanos? They didn't alter his voice enough so you clearly could tell it was Brolin which kind of ruined it for me.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Please, "chick".

PLATNUM wrote:

Yeah, let's not do this. I understand that you have a problem with my taste in movies, but there's really no reason to be a little pendejo about it. Okay, toots?

Quote:

They defeated an infinity gem-wielding supervillain by having Chris Pratt distract him by dancing.

Wow, name calling (in Spanish no less) and referring to me as a female, huh? Your comments usually seem to come from atop a high horse and 75% of the time you create threads that have some negative racial agenda. Don't know why more people don't see it, or why mods keep allowing it...

I don't like to argue or pick fights on here. I hate that kind of stuff, but you irk me, dude. We can just agree to disagree I guess. I hope I'm just over reacting, if you're really not a racist D-bag then accept my apologies.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
What were everyone's thoughts on Brolin as Thanos? They didn't alter his voice enough so you clearly could tell it was Brolin which kind of ruined it for me.

Yea, I agree. He spoke too normally and I thought his words and speech should have carried more weight. Didn't sound "regal" enough I guess you could say. But that smile as the camera backed away from him was a nice touch. Hopefully he is a formidable foe when he finally decides to step off that throne.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject:

I try to do my best not looking at what critics say until AFTER I see a movie, but damn I had no idea GOTG holds a Fresh 92% rating from critics

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guardians_of_the_galaxy/

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
C M B wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Please, "chick".

PLATNUM wrote:

Quote:

Wow, name calling (in Spanish no less) and referring to me as a female, huh? Your comments usually seem to come from atop a high horse and 75% of the time you create threads that have some negative racial agenda. Don't know why more people don't see it, or why mods keep allowing it...

I don't like to argue or pick fights on here. I hate that kind of stuff, but you irk me, dude. We can just agree to disagree I guess. I hope I'm just over reacting, if you're really not a racist D-bag then accept my apologies.

Apology accepted, ma'am.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

^^ heh. Ok
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Manilathrilla121 wrote:
C M B wrote:
1.) X-Men 1st Class
2.) Avengers
3.) Iron Man 1
4.) Cap 1
5.) Sp0dermen 2

Seemed hot is what it what seemed like.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Please, "chick".

PLATNUM wrote:

Quote:

At least you put a spoiler alert.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Manilathrilla121 wrote:
C M B wrote:
1.) X-Men 1st Class
2.) Avengers
3.) Iron Man 1
4.) Cap 1
5.) Sp0dermen 2

You're really going to point out something like that in a comic book movie?

!...
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Yea, I agree. He spoke too normally and I thought his words and speech should have carried more weight. Didn't sound "regal" enough I guess you could say. But that smile as the camera backed away from him was a nice touch. Hopefully he is a formidable foe when he finally decides to step off that throne.

I was hoping that we would see a little Thanos action to wet our appetites. Then showdown was a bit lame how they defeated something as powerful as Ronin. I was hoping Thanos would step in and kick ass.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Movie was very good and entertaining. A lot of heart, a lot of action, and a lot of (deliberate and well done) cheese. Director did a great job of avoiding the type of lengthy exposition that ruins a lot of these types of movies (*cough* How to Train Your Dragon 2 *cough*) and just showed the universe and assumed the audience was genre savvy enough at this point to extrapolate about what they were seeing.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
^^ Was waiting for you to chime in, bro.
My kids couldn't stop talking about it today. A few weeks ago, we saw transformers4 and we forgot about the damn 'film' soon as we left the theater. This one sticks with u a bit.

Next Marvel film is Avengers : AoU next year. I'm waiting for someone to leak the Comic-con footage so I can start a proper thread.

What surprised even me is that I enjoyed GOTG more than most typical superhero movies, I don't even think its in the superhero genre but a combination of both that and SW.

Soundtrack for this film is something else, it has it's own character. I actually feel like seeing it again just for that
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I'd give it a B/B-. I enjoyed it, but Dax could have been a bit stronger and some of the corniness didn't fit for me.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I think it's funny that DC's more recognizable "Guardians of the Galaxy" (Green Lantern) was ignored in theaters, while Marvel's movie is inching towards a $100 million domestic weekend. Marvel Cinematic Universe is on a roll, and will shape the way summer season blockbusters are produced from here on out.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: