If Scott is our coach with this current roster, who will be our 2nd leading scorer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Behind kobe our 2nd leading scorer will be...
Lin
46%
 46%  [ 80 ]
Boozer
15%
 15%  [ 26 ]
Swaggy P
32%
 32%  [ 57 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 173

ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject:

If Kobe is healthy, my prediction will be like:

Kobe 22-24
Young 14-16
Lin 14-17
Boozer 9-10
Randle 9
Hill 9
Nash 8

Let's wait and see how the Princeton offense workout for our team!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject:

If Kobe healthy, Young. Boozer has to compete with Randle, and Lin has to compete with Nash/Clarkson.

If Kobe not healthy or plays drastically reduced minutes (say sub-30), Young still then Lin.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
If Byron brings the Princeton offense whoever plays the forward spots should score the most
Didn't Mike Brown implement the Princeton offense to lackluster results?

Then again, Byron Scott did use the Princeton on his previously coached teams, I think.

Getting a bad feeling about this if it turns into the same mess as when Mike Brown used the Princeton.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

Lin. The Princeton would be good for Kobe, but if you look at Kyrie's highlights during the Scott years, it's almost all high pick and rolls, so hopefully it's a healthy mix of both.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
If Byron brings the Princeton offense whoever plays the forward spots should score the most
Didn't Mike Brown implement the Princeton offense to lackluster results?

Then again, Byron Scott did use the Princeton on his previously coached teams, I think.

Getting a bad feeling about this if it turns into the same mess as when Mike Brown used the Princeton.

We shouldn't compare every Laker team to the Brown (and 'Antoni) team. There never really was any chemistry on that team, and obviously Howard's heart wasn't 100% in it. New staff, new high character teammates, I think we'll be fine.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
1. Kobe
2. Young
3. Lin
4. Boozer
5. Henry

Henry will surprise many people, I really want him to start and get 24-30 min a night. I like his defense and the way he attacks. He can be a star in this league, he's 23 years old. He's growing and he's a long term guy, he just needs to practice consistency and stay healthy.

+1
sandeezy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

jjww28 wrote:
I have no doubt that Lin will be the leading scorer during absence of Kobe. Lin always averages 20+ during absence of Melo or Harden.

When Kobe is in, it is hard to tell which one between Yonung, Lin and Boozer will be the 2nd scorer.

That's the thing, Kobe isn't Melo or Harden. You have to break his bones or tear his muscles for an absence of Kobe. I wouldn't count on it.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject:

sandeezy wrote:
jjww28 wrote:
I have no doubt that Lin will be the leading scorer during absence of Kobe. Lin always averages 20+ during absence of Melo or Harden.

When Kobe is in, it is hard to tell which one between Yonung, Lin and Boozer will be the 2nd scorer.

That's the thing, Kobe isn't Melo or Harden. You have to break his bones or tear his muscles for an absence of Kobe. I wouldn't count on it.

Better knock on some wood. Hope you're right but Kobe is a lot older, has a lot more miles, and has recently suffered two horrendous injuries for a basketball player--tibial plateau fracture and Achilles' tendon rupture. That could be really bad (and unlikely) luck, or more likely it means after all these playoff and championship miles his body is starting to break down like all bodies do. I wouldn't count AGAINST it either.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Kobe is healthy and plays 70+ games, I think it goes something like this next year

Kobe 23/5
Boozer 13/8
Lin 12/5
Young 12
Randle 11/7
Hill 9/7

Basically no real defined 2nd option, it'll be Lin on some nights, Booz on others, Young, Randle etc. all get a crack.

I also would guess that he slows down the offense a bit from D'Antoni pace, and that will hurt everyone's stats, but I could be wrong on that one.

Lin and young are a bit low in above points share. Lin did better than 12/5 playing out of position most of the time in Houston and not playing starter's minutes. So he should do better than 12/5 if he is a starter. I think 17/7 is more likely (his jersey numbers, haha). Young is too good a scorer for 12 pts per. Kobe can't play that many minutes and Swaggy can play both sf & sg spots. So 16 per is more likely.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

What's funny is that Lin, Young and Boozer could all finish right around that 15ppg clip. I'm going with Young in a photo finish. Touches in the starting unit could vary at times, but Young will get the bulk of the 2nd unit looks. Even if he isn't shooting consistently, he will get touches. You also have to factor in the thing we will not speak of, which would boost his minutes and looks as well.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Depends who starts, could be any of the following

Lin
Hill
Boozer

I'm going with Hill because I just like the way he plays hard every minute of the game.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I voted Lin, but Swaggy P is also a factor.

Interesting to see how it plays out, we would seem to have enough depth to improve overall play by keeping minutes down with intensity up...but does Byron have the stones to really do that?
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Lin has a legit chance due to the minutes he will likely get. Personally, im pulling for Randle. I think he has more natural offense than anyone else not named Kobe or Young. Considering how thin our front line is, and how much defenders in SPL had a hard time with him, i think he might average 8 fta/game if he gets anywhere near 6th man/starter minutes.

He seems to already have a grown mans body, so hopefully that rookie wall will be made of paper and he will blast right through it.
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Lin, beginning with 16 ppg rising to 18 ppg by season's end
yyyy1313
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

I have Lin starting the season with like 18/6 or 18/7 and falls back to about 16/6.
tirebiter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

young will avg. 18 and be 6th man of the year coming off the bench for kobe, getting almost 30min a game. kobe's minutes will be reduced to 30 on most nights during the regular season, and less if young has it going.

there's a reason the lakers signed young to 4 years. they're paying him as a valuable 6th man that can give you starter production when kobe is out.

lin will get more minutes than he did in houston, no doubt about that, but will also be asked to play a more important role as a PG. i see his ppg to be about the same as when he started for houston in 2012, at around 16, while avg. 8 assists a game, setting up scoring opportunities for the bigs.

boozer, depending on our pace, will fluctuate between 12 and 18, i think. he's our only dependable post player in the traditional sense, and will get a lot of looks in our half court offense.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject:

I would take Kobe at 20 a game and 3 guys all around 15 per with Kobe and Lin getting 6-8 assists each and the Lakers would be a very good team.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject:

I think it's reasonable to think that the season produces two answers to the poll.

Nick Young or Julius Randle seem the best bets to score the highest total points across the season.

I think that Kobe is the best bet to be the Laker having the 2014-2015 season highest points-per-game average, albeit in limited action.

I think Kobe is likely to be proven not physically capable to stand up to a season's worth of full-time play. I think he is likely to suffer in-season re-injury again. I have never seen a player his age return from consecutive seasons of severe injury to sustain a season's worth of pre-injury familiar form. He will probably be fairly productive (even around 20 ppg) but not close to top form for a full campaign.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Kobe is healthy and plays 70+ games, I think it goes something like this next year

Kobe 23/5
Boozer 13/8
Lin 12/5
Young 12
Randle 11/7
Hill 9/7

Basically no real defined 2nd option, it'll be Lin on some nights, Booz on others, Young, Randle etc. all get a crack.

I also would guess that he slows down the offense a bit from D'Antoni pace, and that will hurt everyone's stats, but I could be wrong on that one.

I was looking at this and thought that this was already at 80 points, with about 175 of the teams allotted 240 minutes....

With this I would believe that the other 65 or so minutes by 2nd tier players would still account for about 27/28 points, making the team at around 107/108 per game....

Then I did my guesstimate...And I was at 112... ..Offense looks to be in good hands, now as for the defense.....

Kobe 24/5/6
Young 15 in 26 minutes
Lin 15/6 assists
Hill 12/8 boards in 27 minutes
Henry 11 in 24 minutes
Boozer 11/8 boards in 27 minutes
Randle 11/8 boards in 27 minutes
Nash 4/4 assists in 14 minutes in 40/45 games
Wes 4 in 12 minutes
Davis 3 in 9 minutes
Kelly 2 in 6 minutes
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject:

tirebiter wrote:
young will avg. 18 and be 6th man of the year coming off the bench for kobe, getting almost 30min a game. kobe's minutes will be reduced to 30 on most nights during the regular season, and less if young has it going.

there's a reason the lakers signed young to 4 years. they're paying him as a valuable 6th man that can give you starter production when kobe is out.

lin will get more minutes than he did in houston, no doubt about that, but will also be asked to play a more important role as a PG. i see his ppg to be about the same as when he started for houston in 2012, at around 16, while avg. 8 assists a game, setting up scoring opportunities for the bigs.

boozer, depending on our pace, will fluctuate between 12 and 18, i think. he's our only dependable post player in the traditional sense, and will get a lot of looks in our half court offense.

Agree wholeheartedly with your Young and Lin opinions. With Young they finally have a SG that can impact the game and help minimize Kobe's mpg.

I do think that many are underestimating Randle and how he will fit into the system. Or maybe I am overly optimistic! He needs to be considered in the 2nd leading scorer discussion.

See him getting more mpg then Boozer and taking advantage of his ability to score. Also like the potential of the Laker bigs to be active on the boards and creating extra opportunities.

IMO Randle will be 16-18 pts/ 8 reb a game.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

Lin for his career has avg. 11ppg 5asst. I doubt he will be the teams second leading scorer.

Young has the best chance with some possible frequent outburst coming off the bench, he had a few big games for the Lakers last year and should replicate that production this year especially if he stays healthy. His career numbers are slightly better than Lin's but overall he hasn't had the same amount of playing time. With more time, I look for Swaggy to be really productive off of the bench especially in the scoring department.

Boozer would probably be my second option after young. His points will come easily in the paint and off the elbow jumpers 10-15Ft out. Booze is going to be a double/double machine for us next year and I predict he will average 15/10. His career numbers are 14/10 so I'm pretty close.

I'm hoping the Lakers add Beasley, I know a lot of people on this board don't want him, but he could easily be the second leading scorer in the starting lineup with Kobe if we had him at the SF spot.
Lukellipsis
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

here's my prediction, for what its worth

Kobe- 21
Young- 14
Lin- 12
Randle- 10
Boozer- 10
Hill- 8
Johnson- 7
Henry- 6
Nash- 6
Davis- 6
Clarkson- 5
Kelly- 3
Sacre- 2
Lukellipsis
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
I'm hoping the Lakers add Beasley, I know a lot of people on this board don't want him, but he could easily be the second leading scorer in the starting lineup with Kobe if we had him at the SF spot.

I want the Lakers to take a chance on Beasley as well, only I want him as the SF on the 2nd unit... let Johnson be the starter, as he doesnt need the ball so much... especially along side Kobe and Lin, etc...

Starters:
Lin
Kobe
Johnson
Boozer
Hill

2nd Unit:
Nash/Clarkson
Young/(dont need another SG when we got Kobe and Young)/Clarkson
Beasley(if added)/Henry/Young
Randle/Kelly
Davis/Sacre
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: