Richard Hamilton Wants To Play In 2014-15

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Richard Hamilton Wants To Play In 2014-15

Quote:
Quote:
Do you see yourself playing again in the NBA?

Richard Hamilton: “Yeah, yeah. I think for me, personally, I have to see how my body responds after the summer. I want to play another year and hopefully get an opportunity to play on a team with a chance to win a title. … I’ve had a couple calls from teams.”

via David Alarcon of HoopsHype

Last offseason, the Chicago Bulls waived Richard Hamilton and he became an unrestricted free agent. Surprisingly, he remained unsigned for the entire 2013-14 season and it seemed like his career might be over.

Now, Hamilton says that he decided to take that time off to be around his family and let his body heal. He also used this time to see if he wanted to continue playing.

He says he received interest from several teams, but that he wanted to take a year off. He admitted that he considered retirement, but says that he wants to play one more season before hanging ‘em up for good.

Hamilton says that a number of teams have expressed interest in him this summer and he hinted that he would be willing to play for the veteran’s minimum since he “made a whole lot of money in my career.”

He wants to join a contender, if possible. It remains to be seen where he’ll land, but the desire to continue playing is still there. He has averaged 16.5 points per game over the course of his 14-year career.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-rumors-ray-allen-still-undecided-on-future/
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

He could probably give a good 10 mins per game. Lakers might be done... but in my book they are still short a guy who can play SG/SF beyond Kobe and Young. There are probably better options out there for that role... but he's not a terrible option.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

The follow up article is entitled Teams want 2006-7 Rip Hamilton to play in 2014-15.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject:

Rip is done
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject:

Maybe Rip can play ALONE !

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: