OFFICIAL BOOZER THREAD!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject:

It comes down to can Boozer and Randle defend better than Gasol and Hill. We will see.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject:

gravity 2015 wrote:
Boozer hasn't even suited up yet and he's already got more haters than he's had in his hole career. Well Boozer welcome to the team people love to hate

Quote:
The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated..
Mark Twain

BOOZER WILL COME IN WITH SOMETHING TO PROVE!

CB is only 32 & everyone acts like he's all washed up. The guy knows the game & is a true professional having played for Coach K at Duke.

His play will be an asset to the Lakers and he is reportedly in very good shape.

CB will also be a great mentor for the younger players, Julius Randle in particular.

BOOZER LINK
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Re: 3, I'm less a fan of the dRTG stat.So Noah's dRTG was 96; Boozer's was 98. Are you telling me that Boozer should have been in consideration for DPOY? Scottie Pippen in 1994 had a 98 dRTG. Boozer's career dRTG average is 101.9, Lebron's is 102.10. See the flaw with this rating? Lebron's highest dRTG stat was 97 in 2011-12. KG, considered one of the top PF defenders has a career 99 dRTG. I frankly think it's a highly misleading stat.

Again, no problems with Boozer at 3m. He will be a solid player and mentor for Randle. But to say he is a defensive presence is misguided.

That is the kind of overreaction LG is well known for (myself included at times). All it tells us is that Boozer wasn't a much worse defender than Gibson, despite what we read in the media and on message boards. Boozer is nowhere near a top defensive PF, but he isn't close to the bottom either. Looking at a list of NBA PFs, there is only one in the league that I would call a top defender (Anthony Davis).

Actually all it tells us is dRTG is a highly flawed metric for defense. It's nearly impossible to encapsulate defense via advanced stats because a lot of good defense isn't accounted in the books. I have good friends who are die hard Chicago fans and they laugh when I ask them about boozer's defense. So let's not use dRTG as "proof" of Boozer's defensive efficacy.

There is no perfect statistics... You just need to carefully when using it. But there is no proof that Boozer is a bad defender just the narrative...
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Re: 3, I'm less a fan of the dRTG stat.So Noah's dRTG was 96; Boozer's was 98. Are you telling me that Boozer should have been in consideration for DPOY? Scottie Pippen in 1994 had a 98 dRTG. Boozer's career dRTG average is 101.9, Lebron's is 102.10. See the flaw with this rating? Lebron's highest dRTG stat was 97 in 2011-12. KG, considered one of the top PF defenders has a career 99 dRTG. I frankly think it's a highly misleading stat.

Again, no problems with Boozer at 3m. He will be a solid player and mentor for Randle. But to say he is a defensive presence is misguided.

That is the kind of overreaction LG is well known for (myself included at times). All it tells us is that Boozer wasn't a much worse defender than Gibson, despite what we read in the media and on message boards. Boozer is nowhere near a top defensive PF, but he isn't close to the bottom either. Looking at a list of NBA PFs, there is only one in the league that I would call a top defender (Anthony Davis).

I'll take the opinion of the majority of Bulls fans who watched him for 4 years over arbitrary stats.

It's the same thing like when I see Bulls fans trying to push Gasol as an OK defender. Obviously most of us know better.

Maybe I am not understanding, but you take the Bull's fans opinions regarding Boozer but not Gasol? Isn't that cherry picking? For the record, I grew up in Southern Illinois and feel that most people from Chicago are dumber than rocks. My apologies to rocks.

That's not the point. I'm saying fans who watch every game will generally know a player better than fans who will just check stats and draw conclusions from that. I see both Lakers and Bulls fans doing it for Boozer and Gasol respectively. I'm not saying they all do it or look at the fanbase as some hive mind If I wasn't clear.

I don't know why you threw in that jab.

But how do you obtain the majority opinion of the fan base?...
Den Sol
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Coming in thinking it is a official thread about booze. Okay never mind, I like Boozer as much as the next guy anyway.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

I expect Pau to benefit from a change in scenery, and I'm hoping the same is true for Boozer. If he does pan out for us, it could be huge.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Boozer slimmed down and ready for Byron Scott's training camp.

http://instagram.com/p/sYdER9rKP6/
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
I expect Pau to benefit from a change in scenery, and I'm hoping the same is true for Boozer. If he does pan out for us, it could be huge.

I'm hoping for that as well. He has a chip on his shoulder for sure.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

I'm really excited about the prospect of Boozer returning to his Utah Jazz all-star form..... he is still very young and still has a few prime years left.... I think if he plays like he did with the Jazz... we would be in contention in the WC.
Spyckie
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

Some of his highlight games with the Jazz are very impressive... he has a great roll and pop. He also doesn't seem very selfish at all on the offense. His post moves look polished, and he mixes up a lot of different types of shots - mid range, short hooks, fadeaways.

I don't see why he can't return to that form. I think he excels playing a 2 man game with a pg. The amount of PnR he did with Deron Williams on the Jazz made the commentators refer to Stockton/Malone quite a bit.

His strength has always been rebounding and offense. If he can get a role that focuses on these two things, then I think he'll have a great year at the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

Spyckie wrote:
Some of his highlight games with the Jazz are very impressive... he has a great roll and pop. He also doesn't seem very selfish at all on the offense. His post moves look polished, and he mixes up a lot of different types of shots - mid range, short hooks, fadeaways.

I don't see why he can't return to that form. I think he excels playing a 2 man game with a pg. The amount of PnR he did with Deron Williams on the Jazz made the commentators refer to Stockton/Malone quite a bit.

His strength has always been rebounding and offense. If he can get a role that focuses on these two things, then I think he'll have a great year at the Lakers.

He was a very good player in Utah, but that was 5 years ago too. Just doesn't have the pop physically anymore and doesn't move his feet. But he's still strong, should help on boards, and can mentor Randle. That's a good deal at $3m.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He was a very good player in Utah, but that was 5 years ago too. Just doesn't have the pop physically anymore and doesn't move his feet. But he's still strong, should help on boards, and can mentor Randle. That's a good deal at $3m.

Like I mentioned, a couple of times.... the Bulls did not use Boozer the right way and he still had some solid moments up there.... if you use him in you're vocal offense which the Bulls did not do because they were more focused on Noah/Gibson then I don't see why he can't pay better then he did in Chicago.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

If Boozer contributes 13 and 8, you guys should be happy.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Like I mentioned, a couple of times.... the Bulls did not use Boozer the right way and he still had some solid moments up there.... if you use him in you're vocal offense which the Bulls did not do because they were more focused on Noah/Gibson then I don't see why he can't pay better then he did in Chicago.

He's not getting more minutes in LA than he did with the Bulls.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Spyckie wrote:

Great deal.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Can anybody envision him running the pick-n-pop with Nash and Lin? I think it could be a successful play for us.
ROTL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I know the sample size is miniscule, and I'm not jumping to conclusions, but just saying that from what I've seen in camp so far he does not look impressive at all.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

Boozer is averaging over 14PPG so far in the preseason... even with the full offensive system not set... imagine what he's gonna do when the full system is set.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

I am hoping that Boozer will get rejuvenate in a new system, and perhaps a system that suits him better. Lin said that Boozer and J Hill is good at Pick and Pop
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject:

From what I have seen from Boozer... 20/8 for the season is not out of question... he diff looks energized despite some lazy defensive plays down-low which I'm guessing has to do with fatigue more then anything.... I think Boozer is gonna have an all-star season if he brings it every night.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
From what I have seen from Boozer... 20/8 for the season is not out of question... he diff looks energized despite some lazy defensive plays down-low which I'm guessing has to do with fatigue more then anything.... I think Boozer is gonna have an all-star season if he brings it every night.

Please...just please. Are you doing this to spite us all?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

I don't form opinions on vets in the preseason, they know the rigors of the regular season and often are on cruise control.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

Why would I spite you guys? Boozer diff looks Impressive... his jumper is still pure.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Why would I spite you guys? Boozer diff looks Impressive... his jumper is still pure.

Against pre-season scrubs sure. But against real 1st-2nd unit guys? Not so much. He's also going to play less minutes than when he used to average 20/10.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:

He's been shooting jumpers over good players through out his NBA career... so not sure why you think Boozer's performance is a fluke.... he's always been a headache for opposition players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 21 of 26
Jump to: