Any UCLA Bruin Fans around here?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Any UCLA Bruin Fans around here?

Are there any websites that are worth more than a look?

College sites are so full of BS, venom and egotistical a-holes, I can barely stand them.

I look in Bruin Zone but have to say that they have too many di.cks for me to post there. Honestly it is so bad, I would almost give up being a fan.

There is a lot of difference of opinion around here but you can express your opinion to a much larger degree than on college sites.

I got banned years ago at Bruin Zone for simply defending someones right to express their opinion. I wasn't rude, I wasn't mean and I was correct. But I upset some die hard know-it-all who had the button to do it.

I have tried to get back on a few times but they won't respond to any attempt I have made to communicate with them. I could use a different email, but honestly they aren't really worthy of the effort. I figure they will just do it to me again.

So are there ANY other sites that have significant traffic and allow reasonable people to discuss their favorite team without morons being in control?

Another thing I like about this site is that the moderation is pretty even handed and fair. Not an easy thing to do on a sport site, especially one this busy.

The Bruin Zone is a fraction of the size and is just completely full of garbage infused a-holes. They drive me nuts. The problem is, there are enough people with knowledge there, that you can get most of the news. And I want to be able to keep up to date.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't really go on sites even if it is my alma mater, but I've heard these are decent places.

-BruinsNation, a lesser degree of Bruin Zone both in moderation, etc, and is very anti-Guerrero, not necessarily a bad thing.
-BruinGold is not quite aesthetically pleasing but still decent.
-Bruin Report Online usually breaks news fast but a lot is behind a paywall.
-Insidesocal.com/UCLA if you don't mind the idiot Trogan troll, with idiot and troll as major understatements.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I frequent BruinGold, same handle. I think it's the fairest site around for Bruin fans. It contains enough diversity of poster opinion - and a comparatively minimal amount of personal harangues and vendettas - to paint an accurate, color palette-balanced landscape to the major programs.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Go Bruins!
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject:

I don't post on any of them. Bruin Gold's basketball forum seems OK compared to the others. BRO and BN don't seem to be populated by or edited by Bruin enthusiasts at all. Huge amounts of venom for the program and personnel there, very disproportionate to reality.
Prophet8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

U-C-L-A, Fight! Fight! Fight!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: