Please Delete This Post Anniversary Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1691, 1692, 1693 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:
10 year high school reunion this weekend. Don't feel like going. There's free drinks but not sure if worth having to deal with these people again.

Translation: You're going to the damn reunion, but if it sucks like you think it will, you're going to be pissed and blame 24 for the (bleep) of it.

Why not? Whatever works.

The drinks aren't free if you're forced to spend an evening hanging out with people you don't like. Sounds like a break even at best.

Then take the opportunity to have fun with people. Tell them you're a drug mule, or an arms dealer, child labor recruiter, low level mafioso, etc. Or take it in the other direction and walk in there with an armful of copies of The Watchtower.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I can certainly say that was the most enjoyable trip I've had. What a city! San Fran has quickly switched from an unknown entity for me to my favorite city that I've been too. Thanks for all of the input fellas.

C M B wrote:

Twin Peaks
Panoramic view of SF and the Bay. It might take you 20 minutes to get here, but it's not far and totally worth it.

One of my favorite moments was here and Vista point across the bridge. I was aiming for some breath-taking shots of the bridge, the bay, and the city, and between Vista point and here, I was able to get exactly that. Loved this.

Tenderloin district
The most animated, expressive, drugged out ghetto I've ever seen in America. People pooping on the sidewalk shamelessly, hypodermic needles all over the place, schizos ranting, hapless bums fighting each other and blocking traffic. If you have extra time, roll through here at any time of day or night to be delightfully repulsed, and marvel at just how defined its borders are. One second you're in a decent area of the city, and then before you know it, bam, guy sitting on the curb wiping his ass with his jacket 4/10

Holy (bleep), you weren't lying. I've seen some rough places before in LA, Chicago, and San Diego but couldn't hold a candle to this district. Originally saw it on the tour bus, which, surprisingly was part of the tour with explanation and all, and the option to depart if we chose to. Safe to say we kept moving and nobody departed... But I was walking around the financial district on my last day and accidentally strolled in. Didn't take me long to 180 the (bleep) out of there.

The Wharf
Looks like you've already seen it. Touristy, but worth it just for the fish & chips. 3 huge pieces of cod + curly fries for $9. fat kid 10/10

Wharf was a slam dunk and you were right on the ball with that fish and chips. Hit up the Franciscan and grabbed myself an epic plate with some bouron/7up...First taste of San Francisco was certainly an unforgettably delicious one. Definitely the tourist attraction central of SF, but as someone exploring uncharted waters, I admit I grabbed a few small items to commemorate the experience. Hanging around the marina during the sunset, sitting on those cement steps powering down a Ghirardeli Ice Cream Sundae was sheer bliss.

Little Italy
Great delis and authentic baked Ziti. 10/10 if you've ever enjoyed eating

Meraviglioso! Enjoyed breakfast street-side at a cafe people watching for at least 40 minutes as I enjoyed an epic cappuccino and italian pastry. Dove in to the heart of this amazing food with, no exaggeration, the best (bleep) pasta I've ever had. It hit the spot just as I always imagined it would: Perfect amount of white sauce, large plate, homemade italian taste, and me in a food coma.

Easter Egg: Like a jackass I couldn't find "Little Italy" on my phone's GPS as I was walking around, not realizing that "Little Italy" was just North Beach St. I think was on the corner of Columbus and North Street before I asked someone where "Little Italy" was. Dude points directly in front of me where a an entire block of red, white awnings with Italian names printed on them sit before me.

Chinatown
Upside down and inside out animals hanging in store windows. Crowds of soul-dead old Chinese ladies who will knock you over on the way home from picking up some bok choi. Fresh produce, cheap goods, some pretty good restaurants here. Good luck with parking. 10/10

I'm not sure if they were trying to lift my wallet or shove me into on-coming traffic, but as I certainly noticed my fair share of hipchecks cruising along that packed sidewalk. No restaurant visits, but no man can resist the Dragon Cookie the size of your head and the rice crispy treats at pennies on the dollar.

Ghirardelli Square
10/10 if you're a fan of chocolate anything

Chomping down on part of those dark chocolate packages they have as we speak. Best damn ice cream sundae I ever had was right there near the Marina from here.

Oakland
No redeeming value to Oakland whatsoever. 0/10

Stayed clear. I considered seeing an A's game, but then realized the high likelihood of me getting mugged and/or shot the second I cross the bridge wasn't worth it. Rational thinking kicked in and stayed clear of the Bay-Oakland bridge.

Unfortunately, I was on foot and underestimated the size of this city, so there were quite a few things I missed. Bummed I miss Alcatraz, Ashbury Haight, Science Institute and the Exploratorium. Alcatraz was so booked that only 3rd parties were selling for 2 days later at $150+ a pop. Just too late, and a bit too steep in price at that point in my trip. Certainly looking forward to going back in a few months to explore more of what I missed.

Robin Williams died the day I arrived, so I had no idea what was occurring while I was walking around the wharf. Lots of hoopla as you could imagine. Robin was a big part of the city, and the tributes were widespread during my entire stay. Every local channel was either showing one of Robin's classic films, or past interviews with him. The Giants game began with a video tribute of Robin at the ballpark years ago. Every comedy club I passed during my walks made sure to express their love for him on their billboards outside. Really going to miss him. Born in '84, I can remember so much of growing up involving him in my favorite comedies, adventure movies, dramas, and stand-up. Just a great, brilliant man. As someone with bipolar disorder myself, and has a parent who badly suffers from it, there was an extra hit that came when I heard the news.

rwongega wrote:

Just don't mention LA Kings, Dodgers, and Seahawks. Otherwise, you'll get shivved by a converted fork.

LOL, you know I couldn't resist needling those who dawned that Shark teal. After crushing their soul on the way to winning our 2nd cup, I couldn't resist a few playful jabs with those I encountered around the area. Fortunately, it was a pretty nice crowd up there. Not gonna lie though, I wouldn't have had the balls to needle the Giants fans at AT&T park. The Giant pride runs deep up there. Just littered everywhere with Giants pride, and I could also tell by the 10th inning soul-crushing loss I attended.

I rooted for the Sox, thank me later. As someone who loves baseball and its parks, I do have to say that AT&T Park is absolute architectural mastery. It has modern beauty, but it also has a special element to it because it resides on the Bay. I sat on the Arcade where Bonds used to roid-rage homers into the bay. Probably the coolest place to sit and watch. Unfortunately, there were no more left-handed roiders on the Giants left to blast one over my head and into the cove. Regardless, an epic experience.
Alpha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

^sounds exciting (well, the good parts lol)... i wish i could go there for lunch today.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:
10 year high school reunion this weekend. Don't feel like going. There's free drinks but not sure if worth having to deal with these people again.

Translation: You're going to the damn reunion, but if it sucks like you think it will, you're going to be pissed and blame 24 for the (bleep) of it.

Why not? Whatever works.

The drinks aren't free if you're forced to spend an evening hanging out with people you don't like. Sounds like a break even at best.

Then take the opportunity to have fun with people. Tell them you're a drug mule, or an arms dealer, child labor recruiter, low level mafioso, etc. Or take it in the other direction and walk in there with an armful of copies of The Watchtower.

I always imagined showing up with a pair of wasted, twin, barely legal hotties on each arm.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Why not? Whatever works.

I always imagined showing up with a pair of wasted, twin, barely legal hotties on each arm.

Or in other words, just another Saturday night.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Why not? Whatever works.

^ Also known as the Bryan Singer entrance.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Why not? Whatever works.

Well, I was going to do that anyways. Not like there needs to be an excuse or something like that.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
24 wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Why not? Whatever works.

Nah, drug mule might actually make these people want to talk to me. Probably should've gone with gay or black. That would've made people ignore me.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Probably wasn't a good idea to hold a 10 year high school reunion so close to the beach. Sea World was called in after patrons saw what happened to the females at my former high school.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:

rwongega wrote:

Just don't mention LA Kings, Dodgers, and Seahawks. Otherwise, you'll get shivved by a converted fork.

LOL, you know I couldn't resist needling those who dawned that Shark teal. After crushing their soul on the way to winning our 2nd cup, I couldn't resist a few playful jabs with those I encountered around the area. Fortunately, it was a pretty nice crowd up there. Not gonna lie though, I wouldn't have had the balls to needle the Giants fans at AT&T park. The Giant pride runs deep up there. Just littered everywhere with Giants pride, and I could also tell by the 10th inning soul-crushing loss I attended.

I rooted for the Sox, thank me later. As someone who loves baseball and its parks, I do have to say that AT&T Park is absolute architectural mastery. It has modern beauty, but it also has a special element to it because it resides on the Bay. I sat on the Arcade where Bonds used to roid-rage homers into the bay. Probably the coolest place to sit and watch. Unfortunately, there were no more left-handed roiders on the Giants left to blast one over my head and into the cove. Regardless, an epic experience.

And you are still alive? Kudos on your survival abilities.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject:

rwongega rocks.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Just snapped into a Slim Jim. Makes me miss Randy Savage and that epic elbow from the top rope.

Oh yeah, dig it.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Wow, I can certainly say that was the most enjoyable trip I've had. What a city! San Fran has quickly switched from an unknown entity for me to my favorite city that I've been too. Thanks for all of the input fellas.

C M B wrote:

Twin Peaks
Panoramic view of SF and the Bay. It might take you 20 minutes to get here, but it's not far and totally worth it.

One of my favorite moments was here and Vista point across the bridge. I was aiming for some breath-taking shots of the bridge, the bay, and the city, and between Vista point and here, I was able to get exactly that. Loved this.

Tenderloin district
The most animated, expressive, drugged out ghetto I've ever seen in America. People pooping on the sidewalk shamelessly, hypodermic needles all over the place, schizos ranting, hapless bums fighting each other and blocking traffic. If you have extra time, roll through here at any time of day or night to be delightfully repulsed, and marvel at just how defined its borders are. One second you're in a decent area of the city, and then before you know it, bam, guy sitting on the curb wiping his ass with his jacket 4/10

Holy (bleep), you weren't lying. I've seen some rough places before in LA, Chicago, and San Diego but couldn't hold a candle to this district. Originally saw it on the tour bus, which, surprisingly was part of the tour with explanation and all, and the option to depart if we chose to. Safe to say we kept moving and nobody departed... But I was walking around the financial district on my last day and accidentally strolled in. Didn't take me long to 180 the (bleep) out of there.

The Wharf
Looks like you've already seen it. Touristy, but worth it just for the fish & chips. 3 huge pieces of cod + curly fries for $9. fat kid 10/10

Wharf was a slam dunk and you were right on the ball with that fish and chips. Hit up the Franciscan and grabbed myself an epic plate with some bouron/7up...First taste of San Francisco was certainly an unforgettably delicious one. Definitely the tourist attraction central of SF, but as someone exploring uncharted waters, I admit I grabbed a few small items to commemorate the experience. Hanging around the marina during the sunset, sitting on those cement steps powering down a Ghirardeli Ice Cream Sundae was sheer bliss.

Little Italy

Meraviglioso! Enjoyed breakfast street-side at a cafe people watching for at least 40 minutes as I enjoyed an epic cappuccino and italian pastry. Dove in to the heart of this amazing food with, no exaggeration, the best (bleep) pasta I've ever had. It hit the spot just as I always imagined it would: Perfect amount of white sauce, large plate, homemade italian taste, and me in a food coma.

Easter Egg: Like a jackass I couldn't find "Little Italy" on my phone's GPS as I was walking around, not realizing that "Little Italy" was just North Beach St. I think was on the corner of Columbus and North Street before I asked someone where "Little Italy" was. Dude points directly in front of me where a an entire block of red, white awnings with Italian names printed on them sit before me.

Chinatown
Upside down and inside out animals hanging in store windows. Crowds of soul-dead old Chinese ladies who will knock you over on the way home from picking up some bok choi. Fresh produce, cheap goods, some pretty good restaurants here. Good luck with parking. 10/10

I'm not sure if they were trying to lift my wallet or shove me into on-coming traffic, but as I certainly noticed my fair share of hipchecks cruising along that packed sidewalk. No restaurant visits, but no man can resist the Dragon Cookie the size of your head and the rice crispy treats at pennies on the dollar.

Ghirardelli Square

Chomping down on part of those dark chocolate packages they have as we speak. Best damn ice cream sundae I ever had was right there near the Marina from here.

Oakland

Stayed clear. I considered seeing an A's game, but then realized the high likelihood of me getting mugged and/or shot the second I cross the bridge wasn't worth it. Rational thinking kicked in and stayed clear of the Bay-Oakland bridge.

Unfortunately, I was on foot and underestimated the size of this city, so there were quite a few things I missed. Bummed I miss Alcatraz, Ashbury Haight, Science Institute and the Exploratorium. Alcatraz was so booked that only 3rd parties were selling for 2 days later at $150+ a pop. Just too late, and a bit too steep in price at that point in my trip. Certainly looking forward to going back in a few months to explore more of what I missed.

Robin Williams died the day I arrived, so I had no idea what was occurring while I was walking around the wharf. Lots of hoopla as you could imagine. Robin was a big part of the city, and the tributes were widespread during my entire stay. Every local channel was either showing one of Robin's classic films, or past interviews with him. The Giants game began with a video tribute of Robin at the ballpark years ago. Every comedy club I passed during my walks made sure to express their love for him on their billboards outside. Really going to miss him. Born in '84, I can remember so much of growing up involving him in my favorite comedies, adventure movies, dramas, and stand-up. Just a great, brilliant man. As someone with bipolar disorder myself, and has a parent who badly suffers from it, there was an extra hit that came when I heard the news.

rwongega wrote:

AWESOME! Great to hear you enjoyed it...I visited for the first time as an adult a couple of years ago and I'm in love with the place. Sorry you didn't get to see the Exploratorium/Alcatraz! Great excuse to go back! Maybe pair up that trip with a drive up the 1 if you have that much time, which is a LIFETIME must-do. Great to hear about the city feeling Robin's passing. I'm still hurting myself.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Best thing about the first day of classes...apparently Daisy Dukes and tube tops are back.

Worst thing about the first day of classes...thirty percent more cars than parking spaces.

Good job IU.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I made it out to Father's Office for my first time ever, sunday night. The one on Montana in SM. I was in the area for the Aero's screening of Good/Bad/Ugly, also a first visit. The neighborhood is lovely and quiet. Safe, too...I'd live here. Father's Office is a cool little place. A bit cramped, but space isn't important in a place like this. It was crowded, half because there was a football game on and half because it was just a late summer sunday evening in Santa Monica. Got me an Office Burger.

Using the following scale

Big Mac 0 <------------------------> 10 Stoutburger

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

Felt more like a sub than a burger because of the bread type and the way it was cut in half. Arugula? Odd choice, but it added, I guess. Just t be careful not to taste any in a bite that isn't 90% burger. Also ordered some frittes which are served with a garlic butter sauce.

Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Bored to death.

Trout for lunch - boring.

Preparing a new class - boring.

Reading LG - boring.

What should a man do to have some excitement in his life?

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
I made it out to Father's Office for my first time ever, sunday night. The one on Montana in SM. I was in the area for the Aero's screening of Good/Bad/Ugly, also a first visit. The neighborhood is lovely and quiet. Safe, too...I'd live here. Father's Office is a cool little place. A bit cramped, but space isn't important in a place like this. It was crowded, half because there was a football game on and half because it was just a late summer sunday evening in Santa Monica. Got me an Office Burger.

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

Felt more like a sub than a burger because of the bread type and the way it was cut in half. Arugula? Odd choice, but it added, I guess. Just t be careful not to taste any in a bite that isn't 90% burger. Also ordered some frittes which are served with a garlic butter sauce.

Never been. Seem like it'll be worth paying a visit.

What the (bleep) are frittes?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
C M B wrote:

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

Fancy pub name for fries to make them sound like they're worth paying double the usual price which you will be if you order them at Father's Office. Definitely worth the visit.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
C M B wrote:

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

Fancy pub name for fries to make them sound like they're worth paying double the usual price which you will be if you order them at Father's Office. Definitely worth the visit.

And Miracle Whip is a fancy name for Mayonnaise gone wrong.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

If you're ever back in the area, Rustic Canyon on 11th and Wilshire has a damn good burger.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

My old high school stomping grounds back in the "old" days. Montana sure has changed in the last 30+ years, but at least those two places are still going strong.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
C M B wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
C M B wrote:

Los Angeles 7.5
Nationwide 9.0
Overall 7

And Miracle Whip is a fancy name for Mayonnaise gone wrong.

So this is the year all mysteries of the Universe will be revealed?!

Noice.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
Bored to death.

Trout for lunch - boring.

Preparing a new class - boring.

Reading LG - boring.

What should a man do to have some excitement in his life?

Access the LG porn server.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
C M B wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Leaving Thursday morning, so I have the rest of tonight, and the next two full days. I've got AT&T Park down for tomorrow, spent some good time at the Wharf today, will hit the trolley to Market st. and hopefully Alcatraz, but I'm still wondering what I should definitely see before I head back home.

Awesome! Plenty of time to see most of SF's gifts:

Alcatraz
Do the full audio tour. The audio is well-done, haunting, and the island is just awesome. Do it at night, if available, because the experience is twice is good, thanks to the darkness, and the breathtaking views of the city. 10/10, but buy your tickets ASAP because they go quick

The Exploratorium
If there is any childlike wonder, curiosity, or appreciation of sciencewithin you, this place is a blast. tl;dr it's a science museum that you can see, touch, and play with, and it's fun for all ages. 10/10 on the must-do scale. This requires at least 4 hours of your time so you might want to save it for its own trip. Another, separate ticket will get into the Tactile Dome, which is basically you trying to find your way in the dark, touching things, guessing what they are, and dropping down spiral slides into giant piles of koosh balls...stuff like that. 10/10

Golden Gate Park
The west coast's Central Park, except bigger. "Better" is up an the beholder. Take at least 30 minutes to walk through. I think that if you take the bus here, you can hit Haight street in the same walk. 10/10

Twin Peaks

Muir Woods national monument
A 15 minute drive North of the Golden Gate Bridge. Redwood forest. Overgrown trees. Lots of moss. Just beautiful. 10/10

Mission district
Bars. Some dives, some classy, some good food. Good crowd. Think of Venice Beach's grime but with a respectable night scene. At the most, you'll have some good beer, if you're into that, play some pool, if you're into that, and maybe meet some cool chick who majors in communicative disorders at SF state, and will tell you about her dogs and how she loved the idea of moving to San Francisco at first but after living in Daly City with 3 guy roommates she's kind of getting the idea that it's not all that it's cracked up to be, and how she finally tried weed for the first time...they deliver to your door! At best you'll bang her more interesting, hotter friend. At worst, you'll get drunk at the hands of some 22 year old bartender with the sleeves rolled up on his flannel shirt and play some pinball. 7/10

Tenderloin district

The Conservatory of Flowers
A greenhouse with some pretty cool plantlife, if you're into that stuff. I don't know if it's going on right now, but last year they featured a room filled with hundreds of butterflies. It was literally filled with butterflies that would flutter past you, land on you, and cover all of the surfaces. I can't say there are many opportunities to do this anywhere else. 10/10 with butterflies, 4/10 without. Located inside GG park.

Sausalito
Nice suburb just north of the bridge. Some great views of the city from here and just an interesting, quiet getaway a couple of miles from the craziness of the city. 5/10

The Wharf

Castro district
Anal sex headquarters of the world. Also home to the best god damned Ice Cream shop I've ever had, which serves all organic stuff. When I was there in June they had this roasted banana flavor...omg. 11/10 if gay. Also 10/10 if not gay, but you like Ice Cream and enjoy culture.
www.biritecreamery.com

Little Italy

Chinatown

The Painted Ladies
The houses (or at least the front of them) used in the filming of Full House. I never watched the show but still enjoyed seeing this. The view from the front of the house is also a nice park from which you can view city's skyline. 10/10 if Full House fan. 7/10 if not

Ghirardelli Square

Oakland

You just reminded me of how much I love the bay area.

Me too! It would be my next favorite place to live should anything catastrophic happen to SoCal.

Cmb you sound like a tourist. You left. http://m.yelp.com/biz/grizzly-peak-berkeley-2 off your list

If you wanna know the true gems in the bay area you've got to ask a native.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
C M B wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
C M B wrote:
Brandon98 wrote:

Leaving Thursday morning, so I have the rest of tonight, and the next two full days. I've got AT&T Park down for tomorrow, spent some good time at the Wharf today, will hit the trolley to Market st. and hopefully Alcatraz, but I'm still wondering what I should definitely see before I head back home.

Awesome! Plenty of time to see most of SF's gifts:

Alcatraz
Do the full audio tour. The audio is well-done, haunting, and the island is just awesome. Do it at night, if available, because the experience is twice is good, thanks to the darkness, and the breathtaking views of the city. 10/10, but buy your tickets ASAP because they go quick

The Exploratorium
If there is any childlike wonder, curiosity, or appreciation of sciencewithin you, this place is a blast. tl;dr it's a science museum that you can see, touch, and play with, and it's fun for all ages. 10/10 on the must-do scale. This requires at least 4 hours of your time so you might want to save it for its own trip. Another, separate ticket will get into the Tactile Dome, which is basically you trying to find your way in the dark, touching things, guessing what they are, and dropping down spiral slides into giant piles of koosh balls...stuff like that. 10/10

Golden Gate Park
The west coast's Central Park, except bigger. "Better" is up an the beholder. Take at least 30 minutes to walk through. I think that if you take the bus here, you can hit Haight street in the same walk. 10/10

Twin Peaks

Muir Woods national monument
A 15 minute drive North of the Golden Gate Bridge. Redwood forest. Overgrown trees. Lots of moss. Just beautiful. 10/10

Mission district
Bars. Some dives, some classy, some good food. Good crowd. Think of Venice Beach's grime but with a respectable night scene. At the most, you'll have some good beer, if you're into that, play some pool, if you're into that, and maybe meet some cool chick who majors in communicative disorders at SF state, and will tell you about her dogs and how she loved the idea of moving to San Francisco at first but after living in Daly City with 3 guy roommates she's kind of getting the idea that it's not all that it's cracked up to be, and how she finally tried weed for the first time...they deliver to your door! At best you'll bang her more interesting, hotter friend. At worst, you'll get drunk at the hands of some 22 year old bartender with the sleeves rolled up on his flannel shirt and play some pinball. 7/10

Tenderloin district

The Conservatory of Flowers
A greenhouse with some pretty cool plantlife, if you're into that stuff. I don't know if it's going on right now, but last year they featured a room filled with hundreds of butterflies. It was literally filled with butterflies that would flutter past you, land on you, and cover all of the surfaces. I can't say there are many opportunities to do this anywhere else. 10/10 with butterflies, 4/10 without. Located inside GG park.

Sausalito
Nice suburb just north of the bridge. Some great views of the city from here and just an interesting, quiet getaway a couple of miles from the craziness of the city. 5/10

The Wharf

Castro district
Anal sex headquarters of the world. Also home to the best god damned Ice Cream shop I've ever had, which serves all organic stuff. When I was there in June they had this roasted banana flavor...omg. 11/10 if gay. Also 10/10 if not gay, but you like Ice Cream and enjoy culture.
www.biritecreamery.com

Little Italy

Chinatown

The Painted Ladies
The houses (or at least the front of them) used in the filming of Full House. I never watched the show but still enjoyed seeing this. The view from the front of the house is also a nice park from which you can view city's skyline. 10/10 if Full House fan. 7/10 if not

Ghirardelli Square

Oakland

You just reminded me of how much I love the bay area.

Me too! It would be my next favorite place to live should anything catastrophic happen to SoCal.

Cmb you sound like a tourist. You left. http://m.yelp.com/biz/grizzly-peak-berkeley-2 off your list

If you wanna know the true gems in the bay area you've got to ask a native.

Aye, a tourist. I've never had the pleasure of living there.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1691, 1692, 1693 ... 2023, 2024, 2025  Next
Page 1692 of 2025
Jump to: