Will Klove pull a DH12 and leave Cavs after one year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I could care less what Love does
So you DO care, at least a little.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

I doubt that.. Unless he some how figures LeBron is the douche some of us know him to be, he will stay in Cleveland. It would be comical if he somehow leaves the Cavs next season and signs with the Lakers!!!!!
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject:

Unless KLove really really wants to be a Laker.

But I think he is like the rest ...a ring chaser
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Uh...isn't the goal of playing in the NBA to win rings?
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject:

Never know. Will they blame LeBron? Will they blame their immature and future franchiseplayer ##1 picks?

Nope much easier and more effectiveto blame their holy big man who's hhistory does nothing but support future failure.

If you'rethe type to see tthrough the rings and media attitude change on lebron, and still believe that dbag f4om preevious is still his ultimate personality as self proclaimed king... then maybe he didn't demand the secret ingredient; he demanded a scape goat.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject:

I doubt it. LeBron is in his prime and the rest of the team is young. I think Howard would have stayed if that were the case in LA.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Enjoy Clev and the eventual decline of Lebron.

LeBron just made 30. That decline ain't coming for a while.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Maybe not. But the history of high school to NBA players who have played as many minutes as Lebron (33k) isn't exactly forgiving either. Lebron seems to take good care of his body, but he has also been fortunate to not have any leg injuries yet. Plus, he's going to have to play the role of defensive stopper on this team, though Marion will help off the bench.

He's going to enter that slow and inevitable downhill decline soon. But like guys like Kobe, his peak is already so high that the decline won't be noticeable for a few years, body willing.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject:

What if, God forbid, Kyrie were to tear his ACL or something and then Love left, and the LeBron left too?

Then the Cavs would have no LeBron, Love, Kyrie, or even Wiggins/Bennett.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What if, God forbid, Kyrie were to tear his ACL or something and then Love left, and the LeBron left too?

Then the Cavs would have no LeBron, Love, Kyrie, or even Wiggins/Bennett.

What if candy rained from the heavens....
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject:

improper wrote:
Cup-of-noodles wrote:

Uh...isn't the goal of playing in the NBA to win rings?

Only if you're doing it for the Lakers.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He's going to enter that slow and inevitable downhill decline soon. But like guys like Kobe, his peak is already so high that the decline won't be noticeable for a few years, body willing.

That decline comes at 30, or are you saying that decline comes when guys have played as many minutes as he has? Love is going to sign his extension this summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That decline comes at 30, or are you saying that decline comes when guys have played as many minutes as he has? Love is going to sign his extension this summer.

Minutes. Age is important but minutes (including playoffs) are really a better indicator, especially for high school to NBA players.

Don't get me wrong, every team would love to get LBJ but every player declines. He may have hit his peak and it's a slow downward slope but from a high point. Then again, he may prove to be Kobe-like in extending his career into the 30s, though I think LBJ had played more minutes at comparable ages and he has not had any major leg injury yet either (Kobe already had some knee and ankle issues).
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Minutes. Age is important but minutes (including playoffs) are really a better indicator, especially for high school to NBA players.

Ok. Going by minutes, isn't it kind of up in the air since there are so few high school players that have played as many minutes as LeBron has at 30? We are probably talking less than 5 people, right? Kobe, Moses, KG...who else? And of those limited people, none of them had the type of medical technology that LeBron has at 30 (09 for Kobe, 07 for KG and 86 for Moses).

yinoma2001 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, every team would love to get LBJ but every player declines. He may have hit his peak and it's a slow downward slope but from a high point. Then again, he may prove to be Kobe-like in extending his career into the 30s, though I think LBJ had played more minutes at comparable ages and he has not had any major leg injury yet either (Kobe already had some knee and ankle issues).

This is not a knock on Kobe (have to be sure to clarify that for some), but he would not have been able to extend his career as he has if he played in the 90's. I say that to say the most important aspect we overlook is sports medicine now compared to even 10 years ago.

As it relates to the topic, I dedinately don't see any decline by the end of next year, so I would expect Love to resign.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ok. Going by minutes, isn't it kind of up in the air since there are so few high school players that have played as many minutes as LeBron has at 30? We are probably talking less than 5 people, right? Kobe, Moses, KG...who else? And of those limited people, none of them had the type of medical technology that LeBron has at 30 (09 for Kobe, 07 for KG and 86 for Moses).

yinoma2001 wrote:

This is not a knock on Kobe (have to be sure to clarify that for some), but he would not have been able to extend his career as he has if he played in the 90's. I say that to say the most important aspect we overlook is sports medicine now compared to even 10 years ago.

As it relates to the topic, I dedinately don't see any decline by the end of next year, so I would expect Love to resign.

Yeah. I'm not talking about a precipitous drop but at some point you hit a decline. And for a player with such a pristine injury history, that would be accelerated with a major leg injury. But I too see Love re-signing, but probably with a 3 year out.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He actually doesn't turn 30 until this coming December.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Minutes. Age is important but minutes (including playoffs) are really a better indicator, especially for high school to NBA players. .

Because so few guys have come into the league at age 18, I don't see that there's any compelling data to analyze the importance of age vs. minutes. I don't see that your sweeping generalization is based on anything.

Besides, even if you could find an overall pattern regarding minutes and age, I suspect individual players are all over the map, so it's dubious to think you can project when a specific player will decline.

I doubt anyone though little John Stockton would play to 40, for example.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Minutes. Age is important but minutes (including playoffs) are really a better indicator, especially for high school to NBA players. .

Because so few guys have come into the league at age 18, I don't see that there's any compelling data to analyze the importance of age vs. minutes. I don't see that your sweeping generalization is based on anything.

Besides, even if you could find an overall pattern regarding minutes and age, I suspect individual players are all over the map, so it's dubious to think you can project when a specific player will decline.

I doubt anyone though little John Stockton would play to 40, for example.

Any past data would need to be extended outwards due to improvements in medical technology as well (which is another question of scope in itself)
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

Love will not leave Lebron, he's going to be there as long as Lebron is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: