Official [FREE AGENCY] Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2849, 2850, 2851 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 18m
Clippers president and coach Doc Rivers' extension will be worth more than $50 million over five years, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

lol

He'll quit on them once they become the "Clippers" again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
Clippers president and coach Doc Rivers' extension will be worth more than $50 million over five years, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

lol

Agreed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

lol

Agreed

Not worried about Doc. He hasn't done anything without Thibodau.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject:

When did Doc become a great basketball mind that people needed to throw money at?

!...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

LAKER 95 wrote:
Quote:
I doubt the Suns really give a damn about a "Nash reunion" to have him clog up 9 million.

SO TRUE!!
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

lol

100% & that could happen anytime with CP3 & thise damm knees
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
For his own sake.... he should wait until the Suns budge and give him the contract he desires... if he gets the QO then it's a big risk considering his questionable health.

What's his leverage then? Not much.

His leverage is walking for nothing next summer, which could put the Suns in position to lose he and Dragic for nothing next year. He has a higher risk than the Suns but he does have some leverage.

How is that leverage? They can negotiate with Dragic and offer him that 5th year via Bird Rights. A little premature to use Dragic as leverage.

But the general point that Bledsoe will leave them next summer is probably the best one. But that's why they're probably trying to trade him, but if Bledsoe keeps his "I'm worth the max" stance then a S&T won't even happen.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
When did Doc become a great basketball mind that people needed to throw money at?

Honest to goodness, but 1 ring will do that for you. Once you get a ring, you are rightfully/wrongly place in rarified air (and you get the $$$ too).
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject:

Ballmer's first moves have been a salary dump while making your team worse and extending his coach to Phil Jackson type money.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Ballmer's first moves have been a salary dump while making your team worse and extending his coach to Phil Jackson type money.

I'm not certain that Dudley has much left in him. Was pretty atrocious last season and has a few years left on his contract. Why pay for deadweight?

They got Farmar/Hawes/1 more year experience for Bullock. Not a championship team just yet in my book but I think they'll be in the mix, health permitting.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Quote:
Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 22s

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/504727238760480768
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Miami Heat Sign Shannon Brown

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 25m

Free-agent guard Shannon Brown has signed a contract with the Miami Heat, Priority Sports, his agency, announced.

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/504721740136984576

Quote:
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 23m

Shannon Brown's contract with the Miami Heat is for one year at $1.3 million, I'm told.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/504722307391033344
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject:

No need for beasley
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
No need for beasley

But, but the Lakers' bench needs more fire power.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:

I'm told that Michael Beasley had a second workout with the Los Angeles Lakers today. We'll see if the Lakers sign him.

A part of me is "what the hell." But then again my realistic goal is to give Randle ample playing time to improve, as well as other possible core pieces moving forward. Boozer will already sop up precious minutes from Randle. If Beez is playing small ball PF, same problem.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
22 wrote:
No need for beasley

But, but the Lakers' bench needs more fire power.

yinoma2001 wrote:

A part of me is "what the hell." But then again my realistic goal is to give Randle ample playing time to improve, as well as other possible core pieces moving forward. Boozer will already sop up precious minutes from Randle. If Beez is playing small ball PF, same problem.

Yup. I'm hoping they don't do it. Waste of a roster spot IMO
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I really don't want Beasley. Please Mitch don't do it!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
I really don't want Beasley. Please Mitch don't do it!

Mitch has been wanting to acquire Jeremy for the past few years now. Then it finally happened. Same thing with Beasley. Mitch must really like Super Cool Bease.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
How is that leverage? They can negotiate with Dragic and offer him that 5th year via Bird Rights. A little premature to use Dragic as leverage.

Him leaving for nothing is leverage. Dragic also having the option to leave is additional leverage. I wouldn't call it premature since the Suns just drafted another PG and traded for Thomas. They are getting prepared just in case. Granted, hardly anyone ever takes the QA and it is risky. But I doubt Phoenix wants to lose him for nothing.

yinoma2001 wrote:
But the general point that Bledsoe will leave them next summer is probably the best one. But that's why they're probably trying to trade him, but if Bledsoe keeps his "I'm worth the max" stance then a S&T won't even happen.

They are trying to trade him because he won't accept their offer. They would prefer to keep him and play him alongside Dragic like they did last year. As far as the max S&T goes, we don't know if another team is willing to give him a ful max or not. It could be that the Suns aren't satisfied when the trade offers they have received.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

can we somehow get Bledsoe?? He would be a nice pick up to pair with Randle.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
Miami Heat Sign Shannon Brown

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 25m

Free-agent guard Shannon Brown has signed a contract with the Miami Heat, Priority Sports, his agency, announced.

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/504721740136984576

Given Wade's health and Ray Allen purportedly jumping ship, he may be setting himself up for a lot of playing time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Him leaving for nothing is leverage. Dragic also having the option to leave is additional leverage. I wouldn't call it premature since the Suns just drafted another PG and traded for Thomas. They are getting prepared just in case. Granted, hardly anyone ever takes the QA and it is risky. But I doubt Phoenix wants to lose him for nothing.

yinoma2001 wrote:

They are trying to trade him because he won't accept their offer. They would prefer to keep him and play him alongside Dragic like they did last year. As far as the max S&T goes, we don't know if another team is willing to give him a ful max or not. It could be that the Suns aren't satisfied when the trade offers they have received.

The fact they got Thomas (and drafted Ennis) is proof that they were preparing for the possibility of Bledsoe leaving THIS season, not for 2015. Of course they would try to trade him, but it takes multiple parties to agree to a S&T. And given Bledsoe's unreasonable stance that he's a max player, if he doesn't agree to the contract terms, you don't have a S&T. At some point Bledsoe has to come down from his max demand or else he will be forced to take the QO and risk this upcoming season.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The fact they got Thomas (and drafted Ennis) is proof that they were preparing for the possibility of Bledsoe leaving THIS season, not for 2015. Of course they would try to trade him, but it takes multiple parties to agree to a S&T. And given Bledsoe's unreasonable stance that he's a max player, if he doesn't agree to the contract terms, you don't have a S&T. At some point Bledsoe has to come down from his max demand or else he will be forced to take the QO and risk this upcoming season.

How do you know that some team hasn't agreed to give Bledsoe a max deal and thrown a trade package to Phoenix that they won't accept because they don't think Bledsoe will take the risky QA? His stance is not unreasonable if he can get a max deal next summer. Risky sure, but not unreasonable. His stance is "I'm worth a max and the only reason y'all won't give it to me is because I'm restricted vs unrestricted". He is basically on record with that (paraphrasing).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

They have to be interested to bring him in a second time. Maybe Byron wanted to check him out this time. It would be a great signing if only for depth. Somewhere along the line, Hill, Boozer, and Johnson are going to get hurt. Randle might hit the rookie wall. Why not have him? Scott and Kobe can deal with him.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers Work Out Michael Beasley For The Second Time

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:

They're testing his urine, aren't they? Why else would they need another look?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2849, 2850, 2851 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2850 of 2904
Jump to: