RIP Colossus
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

It was the first coaster I could muster up enough guts to ride, and only after I saw the Griswalds go on it. I thought they'd changed the name IRL from WW to Six Flags.

First time we went, we had to stop off for directions and someone spray painted HONKY LIPS on the side of the station wagon.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Aaaaand they're turning it into a hybrid that looks awesome:

http://ktla.com/2014/08/28/magic-mountain-announces-twisted-plans-for-iconic-colossus-roller-coaster/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I went last Wednesday. It was fairly crowded before lunch but empty afterward for some reason. No line at all for Goliath. Went on X3 three times.

The current scariest ride there, in my opinion, is Lex Luther's Drop of Doom. Jesus.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Aaaaand they're turning it into a hybrid that looks awesome:

http://ktla.com/2014/08/28/magic-mountain-announces-twisted-plans-for-iconic-colossus-roller-coaster/

Looks like it'll be ready early next year. Combines the best of both worlds.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

http://news.yahoo.com/fire-damages-magic-mountain-roller-coaster-210931827.html

Kiss my Converse.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

I was coerced into getting on that thing. When I got off I could hardly walk I was so nervous. I had to play it off for my girlfriend but I wanted to do something bad to her for shaming me into getting on that ride. My butt hole puckered just watching that video. I never rode it again.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

http://ktla.com/2014/09/08/firefighters-respond-to-report-of-fire-at-magic-mountains-colossus-roller-coaster/

lol

Just in time.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

Twisted Colossus is the best coaster I've ever been on, no kidding. Did not expect 10/10 fun

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

about time, Goliath has long made this coaster obsolete as a taller, faster, more thrilling version
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

Damn, after watching a POV video for Twisted Colossus, I should have waited in line, although X2 was amazing. I hadn't been to Magic Mountain since Goliath opened, so it was great just getting to finally ride X2 and it was well worth the wait.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

Twisted Colossus was dope. Was there last weekend, I really enjoyed it. Was really unfortunate that Goliath was down that day though, as that's my personal favorite ride.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject:

((DELETED - JMK))

doh...this was my fault. Meant to post it in the boxing thread.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!

Last edited by Laker_Dynasty on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
Twisted Colossus was dope. Was there last weekend, I really enjoyed it. Was really unfortunate that Goliath was down that day though, as that's my personal favorite ride.

I was there on Monday, the 15th, but we basically had to choose between waiting in line for X2 or Twisted Colossus, so we chose X2. We got fast pass, which was eligible for a lot of the other rides and we had a relative that had never even been on Batman before. Overall, had a great time, but Goliath was down when we went as well.

SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
SemperMalum wrote:

I was there on Monday, the 15th, but we basically had to choose between waiting in line for X2 or Twisted Colossus, so we chose X2. We got fast pass, which was eligible for a lot of the other rides and we had a relative that had never even been on Batman before. Overall, had a great time, but Goliath was down when we went as well.

I wonder what's going on with Goliath. I hope that's resolved, I may be back down there this weekend (I bought that season pass because I figured why the hell not) And I was there on the 20th, was hot as hell. A lot of people going to Hurricane Harbor, made me wonder how much Six Flags is paying for the water usage with the drought going on and all.

How much is the flash pass? How many uses do you get for it?
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
dood23 wrote:
I've only been to MM a few times in the last few years and never even knew where this ride was.

Its only next to the parking lot....the one ride that takes up most of the space before you enter the park.

I think he means the actual entrance to get on the ride...

It's been over 15 years since I last went to MM but if my memory serves me, the entrance was obscure to say the least. You'd literally walk right past it if you weren't looking directly for it lol... Same goes for Ninja (However, I'm not sure if that coaster is still around today. Believe someone died on it a few years back).

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject:

SemperMalum wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
SemperMalum wrote:

I wonder what's going on with Goliath. I hope that's resolved, I may be back down there this weekend (I bought that season pass because I figured why the hell not) And I was there on the 20th, was hot as hell. A lot of people going to Hurricane Harbor, made me wonder how much Six Flags is paying for the water usage with the drought going on and all.

How much is the flash pass? How many uses do you get for it?

40 bux for fast pass, excluding x2, colossus, and I can't remember what else. Totally worth it, even though it wasn't crazy crowded.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: