ESPN doesn't include Kobe in their top 10 Shooting Guards for the 14-15 season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teebone
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
teebone wrote:
If ESPN is going to base this list entirely off of last years stats, then aren't they just listing the top 10 shooting guards of 2013-2014? 1. Last year is done with and 2. unlike last year where they ranked Kobe 25th, he's healthy and is expected to play in the first game. This list is flat out disrespectful.

So is Steve Nash.

No, what Nash said was a compliment.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe Dwyane Wade was ranked so high on that list of shooting guards. Not to beat a dead horse, but if he is really ranked that high, why do people keep making the excuse that Lebron had no help in the Finals? Just seems like a terrible list.
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

sucking on a different level...
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
I can't believe Dwyane Wade was ranked so high on that list of shooting guards. Not to beat a dead horse, but if he is really ranked that high, why do people keep making the excuse that Lebron had no help in the Finals? Just seems like a terrible list.

We'll likely see a considerable amount of decline in Wade's stats and effectiveness. He can't carry a team on his back anymore. Past few years, he really benefited from LBJ's setups/passes. I'd say similar to the impact Magic's retirement had on Worthy.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

I think the problem here is that folks are mistaking "hate" with polarization. Kobe is one of the most polarizing figures in sports history in that he draws strong reactions from both ends of the spectrum. He's despised by many, but he also gets a lot of love from his fans, his rivals/opponents and some in the media.

That said, I do think that the sports media is slanted slightly against him. Even more so when you include independent bloggers and stat geeks.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

every NBA anaylst on ESPN has, more or less, counted the lakers, and their players, out for this season

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
every NBA anaylst on ESPN has, more or less, counted the lakers, and their players, out for this season

Is there any reason that they shouldn't count them out though? I mean, I think that they'll be a lot better than people give them credit for but a lot has to go right. The margin for error is slim.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject:

dmills wrote:
I think the problem here is that folks are mistaking "hate" with polarization. Kobe is one of the most polarizing figures in sports history in that he draws strong reactions from both ends of the spectrum. He's despised by many, but he also gets a lot of love from his fans, his rivals/opponents and some in the media. .

That's more accurate. Lots of people love him. Lots of people hate him. But even lots of the people who hate him personally respect his skills and accomplishments.
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Bulletin board material. Shock the world. Gunning for that #1 spot.

I've gone on record as saying that Kobe is the most universally disliked all-time great in any sport ever. The complete opposite of Jordan in terms of likeability. This article further proves my point.

You are dead wrong. Kobe is the most disliked all-time great for ESPN and America.

Universally he is one of the most loved, popular and respected basketball players, second only to MJ. ESPN is not even taken seriously in America anymore, forget the rest of the world. They don't even watch ESPN which is why they are able to form their opinions using their own brains instead of blindly going by what this biased network feeds them.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject:

Mamba3301 wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

I've gone on record as saying that Kobe is the most universally disliked all-time great in any sport ever. The complete opposite of Jordan in terms of likeability. This article further proves my point.

You are dead wrong. Kobe is the most disliked all-time great for ESPN and America.

Universally he is one of the most loved, popular and respected basketball players, second only to MJ. ESPN is not even taken seriously in America anymore, forget the rest of the world. They don't even watch ESPN which is why they are able to form their opinions using their own brains instead of blindly going by what this biased network feeds them.

Yup. I don't think the league will do well once Kobe retires. This years finals had very low ratings...and ratings only went up when the Heat were losing. No one wants to watch Lebron. Kobe is the last real player out there with real credibility. He really is the bridge between MJ's era and the new CBA era. How the league has treated Kobe and the Lakers in general...there is going to be a steep drop off in NBA ratings, fans, and revenue once Kobe is gone. I'm talking about league wide ramifications, not Lakers ticket sales, etc. Lakers will always be fine.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Yup. I don't think the league will do well once Kobe retires. This years finals had very low ratings...and ratings only went up when the Heat were losing. No one wants to watch Lebron. Kobe is the last real player out there with real credibility. He really is the bridge between MJ's era and the new CBA era. How the league has treated Kobe and the Lakers in general...there is going to be a steep drop off in NBA ratings, fans, and revenue once Kobe is gone. I'm talking about league wide ramifications, not Lakers ticket sales, etc. Lakers will always be fine.

Interesting take. Because lots of players are having opt outs in extensions to sign a more lucrative contract in a few years when the TV deals are renewed and the salary cap will be increased too. Translation: nba expects growing revenues after Kobe and even after lebron.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

ESPN...
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

The NBA is growing year after year worldwide. The US TV ratings may be down, but overall it's up. The 9.3 Finals rating tied with the Lakers playing the Celtics in 2008.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/06/2014-nba-finals-hits-five-year-low-among-lowest-rated-on-record/

Still higher than the World Series.

Though if the Lakers keep putting crappy teams out there, I don't know if the Lakers will be fine post Kobe.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2000581-lakers-fanbase-tunes-out-terrible-season-as-tv-ratings-and-attendance-plummet
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

The NBA is growing year after year worldwide. The US TV ratings may be down, but overall it's up. The 9.3 Finals rating tied with the Lakers playing the Celtics in 2008.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014/06/2014-nba-finals-hits-five-year-low-among-lowest-rated-on-record/

Still higher than the World Series.

Though if the Lakers keep putting crappy teams out there, I don't know if the Lakers will be fine post Kobe.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2000581-lakers-fanbase-tunes-out-terrible-season-as-tv-ratings-and-attendance-plummet

Every team even the Lakers will go through a rebuilding stage. We will be fine post Kobe, just as we were after Magic, and KAJ.
raining3s
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject:

I dont see how any top 10 list could not include Kobe Bryant even with him coming off 2 major injuries, being 36 years old, 18 years in the league and him missing all but 6 games last season. The SG position is not deep and a crippled, old, decrepit, blind from 1 eye Kobe is still better than most of the SGs in the league.
-Showtime-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Kobe will come back and prove the naysayers wrong. He always has. I still believe Kobe will be back and he will be better than Harden.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: