The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

of course this depends on Kobe's health. I think your scenario is plausible if Kobe is out. Not so much when he's playing.

SG: Kobe 30mpg; Young 15mpg; X 3mpg;
SF: Wes 25mpg; Young 15mpg; X 8mpg.

You don't even have enough minutes for X here, and if there were any available minutes at the SF spot, I'd wager that Randle is the 4th string SF based on summer league play.

Kelly will have to fight for minutes at the PF and C spot.

I totally forgot about X.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

2014-15 NBA Rookies Under the Most Pressure to Succeed Right Away

Quote:
General manager Mitch Kupchak and co. put their faith in Julius Randle. No one is expecting him to put up colossal numbers, but the team's lack of a major free-agent acquisition gives him more responsibility to help Kobe turn the ship around.

Baby Doctor J
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

There is speculation that Coach Scott plans to bring JR along slowly at first & by mid-season JR should be ready to start.
Seems to be a good plan because it's not easy adjusting to the rigors of the NBA.

Quote:
Randle isn’t likely to come out of training camp with a starting gig, he’s still likely to play a solid amount of minutes that will only increase over the course of the season.

By no stretch is it outlandish to think he can take over Boozer’s spot, especially given his talent level.

Baby Doc (link)
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
There is speculation that Coach Scott plans to bring JR along slowly at first & by mid-season JR should be ready to start.
Seems to be a good plan because it's not easy adjusting to the rigors of the NBA.

Quote:
Randle isn’t likely to come out of training camp with a starting gig, he’s still likely to play a solid amount of minutes that will only increase over the course of the season.

By no stretch is it outlandish to think he can take over Boozer’s spot, especially given his talent level.

Baby Doc (link)

but if you look at players like KG, duncan, griffin, davis they all came out starting and playing lots of minutes and they turned out to be great.

in my personal experience i rather work hard frkm the get go.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Baby Doc (link)

but if you look at players like KG, duncan, griffin, davis they all came out starting and playing lots of minutes and they turned out to be great.

in my personal experience i rather work hard frkm the get go.

JR will get a lions share of PT. There is no denying his talent and aggressiveness. In time he too will be great!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

For more weekend viewing pleasure, Julius Randle's season-high 29-point game for Kentucky:

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Until he gets his NBA legs under him (and minimize him hitting the rookie wall), are you guys cool with starting Boozer and bringing Randle and Swaggy P off the bench?

No issues with however Scott decides the rotations should be. That is what training camp will sort out. IMO Boozer and Randle will end up with very similar mpg.

Looking at the roster today, I would prefer getting Randle in the starting lineup if he can earn it. Just think he and Hill would provide a lot of athleticism and energy on the boards and on defensive rotations.

On offense I think he can play off Kobe and Lin pretty effectively. Also think that Boozers consistent mid range game fits better with Young's offensive game. JMO
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

Does Randle play any kind of defense or he on jabari parker's level
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Does Randle play any kind of defense or he on jabari parker's level

Better than Jabari. It's an effort thing right now IMO.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

No gonna lie, this made me kinda nervous. It was written pre-draft too (so no bias against the Lakers):

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/4/7/5589048/randle-problem-analyzing-julius-randle-weaknesses-defensive-stats-nba-draft-kentucky-title-uconn
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

If you're expecting any defense out of Randle your reality is seriously warped. Hopefully he'll make up for it on offense at least.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
If you're expecting any defense out of Randle your reality is seriously warped. Hopefully he'll make up for it on offense at least.

Why? Did you see him defend when willy Cauley stein went out with injuries? I'm kind of glad he will have to earn pt with Scott who at least preaches defense. No excuse for not playing defense as a rookie.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Why? Did you see him defend when willy Cauley stein went out with injuries? I'm kind of glad he will have to earn pt with Scott who at least preaches defense. No excuse for not playing defense as a rookie.

I am not bashing randle but he has pretty low IQ on the defensive end and is much below average on the defensive end
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
No gonna lie, this made me kinda nervous. It was written pre-draft too (so no bias against the Lakers):

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/4/7/5589048/randle-problem-analyzing-julius-randle-weaknesses-defensive-stats-nba-draft-kentucky-title-uconn

We picked this article apart before the draft as well. A lot of the stats and footage are cherry picked (the bias against Randle really shows when they start pumping up Aaron Gordon). Randle has stats (rim protection fg%, isolation fg%) that tell the opposite story, as well as games where he looked really good defensively. I have no idea why he used low post defense against a 7 foot center like Kaminsky as a example of a red flag.

I don't expect him to be very good defensively as a rookie (as no rookies can really play D), but as he should pick it up quickly. He looks like someone who was taught big man fundamentals quite late, but he already looked leaps and bounds better in college than in high school. Lack of standing reach should always give him trouble in the post versus larger players, but he should eventually be an above average pick and roll defender, and can hold his own against guards on switches.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't think he should start. He wasn't game ready, but during the Vegas Pro League, he didn't show the definitive post skills we had been watching all year.

The rookie year is a tough year. NCAA. NCAA tourney. Draft workouts. Draft. Pro League.

It's a long year. This is also why players really develop in their 2nd and 3rd years in the league.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

If Julius plays with Faried's Intensity & hustle it will be a thing of beauty.
Plus JR is more of an offensive threat than KF.

Quote:
Julius Randle of the Los Angeles Lakers should be observing Faried and learning how he too can affect the game in a similar manner.

HUSTLER link
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject:

Here's Julius Randle's blueprint for success:

Quote:
One of the biggest questions entering training camp is how the staff will utilize rookie Julius Randle.

The 6'9", 250-pound youngster is agile and hungry, but he's still far from his prime.

Will the Kentucky product start at power forward to begin the season, or will he fight for minutes off the bench while developing?

BLUE-PRINT
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

julius in this picture looks thinner than ever https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/507288571414196224/photo/1

looks like he's working pretty hard. he will likely be weaker for the low-post, but faster than we've seen.
Tonicgoofy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
julius in this picture looks thinner than ever https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/507288571414196224/photo/1

looks like he's working pretty hard. he will likely be weaker for the low-post, but faster than we've seen.

That picture makes me think he will be playing some 3 this season
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject:

JR is grinding, he obviously got a wake-up call after he tired out early in all those summer league games. Looks like he's fit, trim & ready to go.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

JR, Lebron and Melo among the few who are in this EMO diet. I hope it saves them from future nagging injurues.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject:

B Scott had told him to get his conditioning right, and I'm glad he's listened. I don't think we have to worry about Julius' work ethic.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:

Holy crap, Julius looks like a beast! Can't wait for the season to start...
oliverginob
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

looks like hes going a for a point forward shape, that could get him more minutes by being able to play the 3
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
looks like hes going a for a point forward shape, that could get him more minutes by being able to play the 3

Even if he's not getting ready to play the 3 (which I agree, was probably the plan the moment the Lakers drafted him), there's little benefit to being heavy if you can't stay on the floor. A skinnier Randle gives me hope.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 116 of 1536
Jump to: