** OFFICIAL ASSISTANT COACHES THREAD **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject:

Wait till the season starts and people start getting mad at Byron for being "passive" because he's shown standing and not saying anything rather than sitting and not saying anything.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerRush wrote:
I'm sure Coach Miller will be on the staff. During one of his commentaries on TWCSN he slipped something to the effect of 'I can't wait to teach these guys the new offense.'

Yup. I thought he was out this time and then I heard that and I said to myself, hmmmmm

But he's the most entertainig guy on TWC
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject:

I can't believe we are this close to training camp with no assistant coaches.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
I can't believe we are this close to training camp with no assistant coaches.

We do have some.

They hired Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen and Thomas Scott. There's still one slot open.

There's also still a (small) chance that they're looking at Coop. His Atlanta Dream just lost the first game in the opening round of the playoffs in a best of three against the Chicago Sky. However, his team is the supposed favorite to win the east, so they'll probably bounce back.

But if they're knocked out early, then there's definitely a chance that we pursue Coop as the fourth assistant.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject:

LA Defenders officially announce Phil Hubbard as head coach.

PHIL.link
tard_288
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Mark Medina: I've been told Johnny Davis won't be part of Byron Scott's coaching staff. Twitter @MarkG_Medina
tard_288
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

They hired Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen and Thomas Scott. There's still one slot open.

There's also still a (small) chance that they're looking at Coop. His Atlanta Dream just lost the first game in the opening round of the playoffs in a best of three against the Chicago Sky. However, his team is the supposed favorite to win the east, so they'll probably bounce back.

But if they're knocked out early, then there's definitely a chance that we pursue Coop as the fourth assistant.

Where did you read that they have hired Thomas Scott?? For sure, Jim Eyen has been hired. It is reported that Mark Madsen would stay but they guessed that Thomas Scott might be hired.. For now, we can only say:

Jim Eyen
Mark Madsen

Now Johnny Davis has been let go so there are still 2 positions open... Dave Miller + ???

Maybe Larry Lewis or the sexy choice, GP...
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

What is taking so long, I've NEVER seen such dysfunction regarding a coaching staff & hires!!!

I guess they're waiting till X-mas to make sure...

It's Sept 1st & no system or direction for soon to be training camp...

So sad...
HC: Riley
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
What is taking so long, I've NEVER seen such dysfunction regarding a coaching staff & hires!!!

So sad...

So.. are you basing this off of facts? Or.. because the Lakers aren't releasing their game plan for the entire world to see?

The lack of news being reported doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Like.. all of the inner workings of a NBA team isn't available to the public / reporters / twitter. You know that, yeah?

One more month. That's it. Just. One. Month before pre-season starts.

It's gonna be a long month lol.

Last edited by ch3cky0selff00 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

So sad...

So.. are you basing this off of facts? Or.. because of the fact that the Lakers aren't releasing their game plan for the entire world to see?

The lack of news being reported doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Like.. all of the inner workings of a NBA team isn't available to the public / reporters / twitter. You know that, yeah?

Rest assured that the FO, Coach Scott, etal are working and preparing every day for the task at hand. That's why they get paid the big bucks
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

So sad...

So.. are you basing this off of facts? Or.. because the Lakers aren't releasing their game plan for the entire world to see?

FACTS!!! Name me one team one team in the HISTORY of NBA this late going into training camp this far behind & a coaching staff... What are you talking about releasing names???

It doesn't matter what or who they are, this team is so far away keeping your assumed hires secret is really scaring the rest of league... Com'on...

ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

But.. I mean.. Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen and reportedly his son Thomas Scott are all apart of the Lakers coaching staff. How many more people do you want? Lol. I swear people complain about the most irrelevant things.

I guess you didn't see the posts from Lakers social media about players already being in the gym working out. Jordan Clarkson, Ed Davis, Julius Randle, Xavier Henry and Nick Young have already been shown working out. I suppose they're just aimlessly shooting basketballs rather than going over any game plan or learning things.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
But.. I mean.. Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen and reportedly his son Thomas Scott are all apart of the Lakers coaching staff. How many more people do you want? Lol. I swear people complain about the most irrelevant things.

I guess you didn't see the posts from Lakers social media about players already being in the gym working out. Jordan Clarkson, Ed Davis, Julius Randle, Xavier Henry and Nick Young have already been shown working out. I suppose they're just aimlessly shooting basketballs rather than going over any game plan or learning things.

Listen to yourself??? PS: those suppose to be coaches, who in the heck are they? Never mind don't answer, cause I'm done reading your logic & convincing yourself!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Listen to yourself??? PS: those suppose to be coaches, who in the heck are they? Never mind don't answer, cause I'm done reading your logic & convincing yourself!!!

Wait. You don't know who Jim Eyen and Mark Madsen are? But other people are "convincing themselves"? OK then.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

So they aren't good coaches because you don't know who they are? Interesting logic.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

So they aren't good coaches because you don't know who they are? Interesting logic.

At least Brown/Potatohead was able to hire assistants that were former coaches in their careers. So far this group consists of a journeyman assistant with links to Dunleavy/Westphal and two newbies still learning the ropes to coaching professionals. Not inspiring much so far but I'm keeping my expectations kinda low this season.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

At least Brown/Potatohead was able to hire assistants that were former coaches in their careers. So far this group consists of a journeyman assistant with links to Dunleavy/Westphal and two newbies still learning the ropes to coaching professionals. Not inspiring much so far but I'm keeping my expectations kinda low this season.

yea because that led us so far. popovich hires becky hammon = brilliant. byron scott hires eyen and his son= WTF is he doing...
tard_288
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:

Jim Eyen:
Journeyman assistant with links to PAT RILEY/Dunleavy/Westphal.. That is pretty good I think. Some one with experience which is a good thing...

Mark Madsen:
Assistant coach last year... Considered a good up and coming guy and seems to know what he is doing. Coached the summer league team and generally well respected. Not as flashy of a name as GP or Michael Cooper but a good hire..

Those are the only two guys that are confirmed to being hired.. Thomas Scott is still a rumor and I have not read anything where it says that he is definitely hired... There are still at least 2 more positions opened....
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
bandiger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

yea because that led us so far. popovich hires becky hammon = brilliant. byron scott hires eyen and his son= what the heck is he doing...

If you look at Popovich's current staff it's a good mix of rookies and top notch developmental staff along with possible heir apparent Messina. I just hope they get Pete Carill as a consultant if they are seriously implementing the Princeton system. I think Lakers burned bridges with Eddie Jordan plus he coaches some college team now.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
bandiger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

yea because that led us so far. popovich hires becky hammon = brilliant. byron scott hires eyen and his son= what the heck is he doing...

If you look at Popovich's current staff it's a good mix of rookies and top notch developmental staff along with possible heir apparent Messina. I just hope they get Pete Carill as a consultant if they are seriously implementing the Princeton system. I think Lakers burned bridges with Eddie Jordan plus he coaches some college team now.

all the talk about heir to kobe and heir to this is so BS
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Relax guys. At least we will have Steve Nash as bench mob leader and PG coach. And then we have Kobe acting as squad leader. We don't need no fancy assistant coaches.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Dave Miller has been diagramming quite a few Princeton sets on Twitter recently. Hinting at new job?
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Dave Miller has been diagramming quite a few Princeton sets on Twitter recently. Hinting at new job?

I seen a triangle play he posted. Made me smile a bit.

I want training camp / pre-season to hurry up and start!!!!
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Maybe they're waiting until Cooper feels ready.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Paul Pressey looks like a lock.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/scott-633746-lakers-last.html

Quote:
While the Lakers haven’t officially named Scott’s coaching staff, expected assistants, including Jim Eyen, Paul Pressey and Mark Madsen, have been working with players.

“You start implementing your offense and your defense and things like that,” Scott said, “so you have a good idea in your mind when training camp starts of what you want to do.”
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: