Coach Scott says he and Kobe will agree on one number (of minutes) and not deviate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I would be fine with 30 minutes per game for Kobe. Coach and Kobe should revisit the agreement after a month or two once it's seen how Kobe is responding.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

32 minutes per game sounds good to me.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I like what Boston did with kg. Put him on a 5-5-5 plan. 3 shifts of five minutes per half. Kept his energy level up. That or first 7-8 minutes and last 7-8.
aticusCL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

32 minutes sounds good to me. That's 8 minutes per quarter or the first 4 minutes and last 4 minutes of each quarter. That should be EASY for Kobe...
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
j-wolf wrote:
Limiting minutes for the veteran players in the regular season is an awesome idea. All teams should learn from Spurs and Pop.

If I wanted to watch boring basketball, I'd be a Spurs fan. That's not how we roll in LA and not how Kobe rolls. You could take every exciting minute in TD's career and it wouldn't equal 4 of Kobe's consecutive games and that's being extremely generous to TD. When the name on the back is Kobe, then I want to see him play every minute he has in him.

I actually found Spurs vs Heat final games "spectacular". The team plays, the ego-less stars, the high basketball IQ's of the players, and the way they win the games with less talented players ... They were truly remarkable to watch...
Jack Nicholson
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

30 minutes and at least 1 shot per minute sounds about right
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:
Limiting minutes for the veteran players in the regular season is an awesome idea. All teams should learn from Spurs and Pop.

If I wanted to watch boring basketball, I'd be a Spurs fan. That's not how we roll in LA and not how Kobe rolls. You could take every exciting minute in TD's career and it wouldn't equal 4 of Kobe's consecutive games and that's being extremely generous to TD. When the name on the back is Kobe, then I want to see him play every minute he has in him.

I actually found Spurs vs Heat final games "spectacular". The team plays, the ego-less stars, the high basketball IQ's of the players, and the way they win the games with less talented players ... They were truly remarkable to watch...

You must be a big fan of the WNBA.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

The people who call them boring are people that haven't watched them play in the last 10 years. I don't know how anyone could have been bored watching them play the way they were playing against a hated team like the Heat.
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

I am a big fan of basketball.

Laugh at it or not, Lakers will have to play the same way if they want to beat other more athletically talented teams.
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

The people who call them boring are people that haven't watched them play in the last 10 years. I don't know how anyone could have been bored watching them play the way they were playing against a hated team like the Heat.

Yes. People like underdog stories. Spurs have been massively under evaluated because their plays heavily rely on their brains, rather than brawn.
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

Winning is boring...

2 more seasons and these "Lakers' fans" are gone forever.

The whole "lets copy the Spurs model" wave is annoying as hell. We aren't "winning" by copying the Spurs model. If it was that easy to take a roster of bums, like we have now, and win by copying the Spur's model, teams would be (bleep) doing it. There's only one Spurs. There's only one Duncan. Only one Popovich. Regardless, we've won much, much more with our formula than the Spurs have won with theirs. We get the best player in the game and we win championships...more championships than the Spurs. Go root for the Spurs.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

No more than 30 MIN would be ideal, IMO...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

Solid basketball, just like the Spurs play.
raining3s
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

Yea right. Not deviate? Both Scott and Bryant want to win and if they need Kobe for 40 mins on a few nights theyll both succumb to their competitive nature.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

Wake me when it's over would you?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

And that's your right. But Lakers/Spurs have basically won 75% (or more) of the Western Conference finals and more than 50% of the titles the past 15 years. I think both franchises are doing it right. They have different styles but at the end of the day, they both win.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
j-wolf wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

The Spurs put up 119 points per 100 possessions in the Finals, the highest rate since 1978, against one of the better defenses in the league. It was appealing to anyone who is a fan of good basketball, rather than just the "personality" aspect of the NBA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

Some like "iso" ball, others like the Euro style ball of the Spurs. I frankly care more about winning. Both styles (Lakers/Spurs) have won a lot of games and rings in the past decade.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

No more than 28 mpg until the All Star break. If we're in playoff contention then ramp it up to 32, max. Remember, he's a Laker for two more seasons.
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject:

90 mph, but 30 min. Fast but steady wins the game.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

You don't trot a thoroughbred horse down the track with Clydesdales, I say ride Kobe heavy minutes in full out mode. He can rest when he retires, he has a lost year to catch up on.
tiKi
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
You don't trot a thoroughbred horse down the track with Clydesdales, I say ride Kobe heavy minutes in full out mode. He can rest when he retires, he has a lost year to catch up on.

#hardazzmutha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: