Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: tennis U.S. Open

last major of the year, who you got?

I'm rooting for Federer and Bouchard, wooo
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Come on Federer, gotta win another one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Number 1 S. Williams got by unranked Kaia Kanepi with ease 6 3, 6 3. Haven't been watching to much tennis of late.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject:

Haven't really been following too much, but caught that Wawrinka/Robredo match. Also watched that qualifier Krunich, who took down Kvitova, nearly take down Azarenka as well.

Looking forward to today's match between Dmitrov and Monfils. Two really athletic players who play all-court.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

Last night's Roanic and Nishikori match was insane!!

I'm rooting for the great Fed
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Last night's Roanic and Nishikori match was insane!!

I'm rooting for the great Fed

That was crazy. I didn't intend to watch the whole thing, but I couldn't turn it off.

Dimitrov/Monfils coming up next. Should be a really entertaining match.

And yeah..... let's go Fed!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject:

wth is Monfils doing? He's basically tanking the set. Such a flake.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

Looks like he's tanking when he's down in a game. He's up 2 sets to 0, so I'd assume he's conserving energy since it's so damn hot, as opposed to giving up in the match, but I have never seen this before.

He's literally just standing there during the points. If he's not careful, this could come back to bite him, big time. He'd look like a fool if he lost this match with this strategy after being up 2-0.

Yeah, two massive serves in a row to win the game. I don't get this guy at all. But I love watching him play.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Looks like he's tanking when he's down in a game. He's up 2 sets to 0, so I'd assume he's conserving energy since it's so damn hot, as opposed to giving up in the match, but I have never seen this before.

He's literally just standing there during the points. If he's not careful, this could come back to bite him, big time. He'd look like a fool if he lost this match with this strategy after being up 2-0.

Yeah, two massive serves in a row to win the game. I don't get this guy at all. But I love watching him play.

Such massive talent. It's that talent that makes me love watching him but also smh in disgust that he can't harness it.

Hard to believe he was as highly touted as Rafa when they were juniors. While Rafa has more majors and Masters 1000 titles than you can count, Monfils has only 5 minor singles titles in 10 years on the pro tour. That's seriously underachieving for a guy with his talent.

While he's earned almost $8 million in prize money over his career, Rafa's already over $70 million. Monfils is also a guy who could be making millions more in endorsements because of his flash and outgoing personality.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Great match going on between Wawrinka and Nishikori. Heading into 5th set with the last 3 sets going into tie-break.

I feel like I've been watching this match all day. Night matches are going to be delayed by at least an hour the way these two are going at it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Great match going on between Wawrinka and Nishikori. Heading into 5th set with the last 3 sets going into tie-break.

I feel like I've been watching this match all day. Night matches are going to be delayed by at least an hour the way these two are going at it.

Great match, watched it. Won't spoil it for you.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Great match, watched it. Won't spoil it for you.

Fantastic match!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
unggoy wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Such massive talent. It's that talent that makes me love watching him but also smh in disgust that he can't harness it.

Hard to believe he was as highly touted as Rafa when they were juniors. While Rafa has more majors and Masters 1000 titles than you can count, Monfils has only 5 minor singles titles in 10 years on the pro tour. That's seriously underachieving for a guy with his talent.

While he's earned almost $8 million in prize money over his career, Rafa's already over $70 million. Monfils is also a guy who could be making millions more in endorsements because of his flash and outgoing personality.

Monfils is one of my favorites. I don't see him winning much because of his attitude. He doesn't seem to really care.

Getting ready for Serena vs Pennetta. Serena has been so up and down it's difficult to gage her.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Early on I thought it was going to be a cakewalk for wawrinka. He was pushing nishikori all over the court.

I am looking forward to this murray/djokovic match.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Early on I thought it was going to be a cakewalk for wawrinka. He was pushing nishikori all over the court.

Those two are usually very entertaining.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I can actually see Murray taking this too. Whoever wins is going to have an entertaining match with Nishikori. I wonder if his body could hold up though after two monster matches in a row.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

They have the same problem, composure. Djo has gotten much better.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Serena lost the first three games, went down 3-0. Then like a snowball rolling down the side of a snow covered hill won 6 in a row. Lost only two more games. 6-3, 6-2

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Djokovic looked pretty solid, other than that second-set tiebreak.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Djokovic looked pretty solid, other than that second-set tiebreak.

Couple of time it looked as though the old Djokovic had come back. Broke a racquet, hit some balls at the ball boys. Did he or is he seeing a sports psychiatrist? He came back to himself rather quickly.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

It was a weird match, for a while Murray looked like he was playing brilliantly. He was returning well, and he was bombing a lot of forehands. He went toe to toe with Djokovic's forehand and was winning.

I hope his back isn't bad again. I thought he was just tired after his forehand barrage.

The first two sets were very entertaining though. In the last one I was really pulling for Murray to somehow pull through and get the match to a fifth set
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
It was a weird match, for a while Murray looked like he was playing brilliantly. He was returning well, and he was bombing a lot of forehands. He went toe to toe with Djokovic's forehand and was winning.

I hope his back isn't bad again. I thought he was just tired after his forehand barrage.

The first two sets were very entertaining though. In the last one I was really pulling for Murray to somehow pull through and get the match to a fifth set

I thought he ran out of steam.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

When he was hitting those forehands I was thinking "who can beat him if he can do this?"
He was going beyond himself apparently.

I hope I don't miss Federer tonight. I haven't seen his opponent yet, but he hasn't dropped a set yet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

When he was hitting those forehands I was thinking "who can beat him if he can do this?"
He was going beyond himself apparently.

I hope I don't miss Federer tonight. I haven't seen his opponent yet, but he hasn't dropped a set yet.

He's playing Monfils. If Monfils ever takes the game seriously he'll be a handfull.

Monfils is the only player in the tournament who doesn't have a coach. He coaches himself.

SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

great match so far. 5th set about to start, Federer reaching into his fountain of youth and has all the momentum
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: