Kobe has more points than anyone in NBA history at age 36
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
You're a terrible troll. Got called out, had to pwn up, and it's quite funny watching you backpeddle.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. Why am I a troll? And how did I get called out?

I didn't even say anything bad about Kobe. What's wrong with you guys?

not as slick as you think. you should've been banned long ago for all the trolling.
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
Be careful, if you use this as an indication of how great Kobe is, then you will basically be saying LeBron is better when he passes him on this.

imagine if kobe was handed the keys to a crappy franchise with the green light to do whatever he wants from day 1. he woulda averaged 25 points out the gate and been ahead of kareem already.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

L.A.M.B wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
You're a terrible troll. Got called out, had to pwn up, and it's quite funny watching you backpeddle.

Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. Why am I a troll? And how did I get called out?

not as slick as you think. you should've been banned long ago for all the trolling.

Not sure someone who has himself been recently banned and is coming back under another name should be talking about who should be banned...
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Yoki24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
That's a pretty awesome achievement, although, when you've taken the most shots than anyone in the NBA history at 36 years of age, you better have scored the most points!

lol pathetic.

It's not pathetic. It's still a great accomplishment to have scored more than any other 36 year old player.

It just adds some context that he has taken more shots than any player at any age and hit that mark almost two years ago. So it should be expected that he's up there in the scoring ranks.

Honestly, that really just speaks more to me to Kobe's work ethic and, for a while at least, his ability to stay as healthy as he did, play through in ljuries the way he did, and take on the offensive load he did more than anything. He who has missed the most shots should also make the most shots. To get there is the real accomplishment IMO.

Hey the way i see it if at the age of 36 you are still great enough to be your teams number 1 option and are that skilled that they allow you to take that many shots you have better be damn good. Which is exactly what kobe is lol.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
L.A.M.B wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Not sure someone who has himself been recently banned and is coming back under another name should be talking about who should be banned...

If you banned the account, it would be The Silence Of The L.A.M.B.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject:

L.A.M.B wrote:
ppineda wrote:
Be careful, if you use this as an indication of how great Kobe is, then you will basically be saying LeBron is better when he passes him on this.

imagine if kobe was handed the keys to a crappy franchise with the green light to do whatever he wants from day 1. he woulda averaged 25 points out the gate and been ahead of kareem already.

Imagine if Kareem had been allowed to come to the NBA directly out of high school. He'd have another 9,000 to 11,000 points.
fadeaway3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject:

This comes as no surprise, not even to Kobe.
playground
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
L.A.M.B wrote:
ppineda wrote:

Imagine if Kareem had been allowed to come to the NBA directly out of high school. He'd have another 9,000 to 11,000 points.

Exactly what I was going to point out. Had Kareem entered the league at age 18 (and not 22) like Kobe, there would be no contest. His scoring record would be galaxies away.
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject:

playground wrote:
activeverb wrote:
L.A.M.B wrote:
ppineda wrote:

Exactly what I was going to point out. Had Kareem entered the league at age 18 (and not 22) like Kobe, there would be no contest. His scoring record would be galaxies away.

could go both ways...u can also say that if kareem played in the nba from age 18, he woulda lost valuable experience he gained playing at ucla, thus making him a less effective player overall. you can also say that it woulda cut years off the tail end of his nba career, with more mileage and what not. people argue these things based on agenda, and theres obviously a group of people on this forum with an anti-kobe agenda who hold an unfavorable sentiment towards anything to do with the guy. it's pretty funny that some think they're good at hiding their true colors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: