NBA/SILVER: STERLING BANNED FOR LIFE (Latest update, pg 70)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
How do I become a Loudmouthed freakshow?

Posting on LG is a good start.

I'm living up to it AH.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Ballmer is the perfect owner for the Clips. A loud mouthed freakshow leading a whole team of loudmouthed whiners.

Considering that ballmer's arrogant incompetence nearly ruined the most valuable and cash rich corporation in the world (at the time), there's a chance he will screw up the clippers too.

I was talking about his 20, countum 20 billion dollars. I be "a Loudmouthed freakshow" if it would cause me to acquire that amount of money.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/29/official-clippers-number-1-fan-on-herself-and-donald-sterling-ill-always-feel-its-our-team/#comments

Quote:
Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’

The Sterling name still rings proudly through the Clippers organization.

The NBA successfully ousted Donald Sterling as the Clippers owner following his leaked racist tapes, but to do so, the league’s other owners didn’t actually vote him out. Instead, they allowed his wife, Shelly Sterling, to sell the team to Steve Ballmer.

As condition of the sale, Shelly received:

Up to 10 percent of the sale price and 10 percent of annual revenues to go into the the Shelly Sterling Foundation, which she’d run
2 courtside tickets for each game
10 tickets in other sections for each game
12 VIP passes for each game
3 championship rings if the Clippers win a title
Two-year contracts for executives Gary Sacks, Carl Lahr and Eric Miller (Sterling’s son-in-law)
Title of “Owner Emeritus”
Title of “Clipper’s Number 1 Fan”
If you thought Shelly – who has her own history of alleged racism – would fade quietly into the background, you don’t know her.

The “Clipper’s Number 1 Fan” is defending Donald:

“No, he doesn’t make racist comments. And that, I don’t even understand how she was baiting him.”

Personally, I’ve never been that interested in Donald’s racist comments, anyway. His racism that actually significantly affects lives should get more attention, but that’s obviously not where Shelly’s concern lies.

And she didn’t stop there.

Shelly, via Linda Deutsch of the Associated Press (emphasis mine):

Asked about his mental condition, she said, “He’s been a little better, a little sweeter and softer. Losing the team he loved was very hard on him,” she said. “But I’ll always feel it’s our team.”

Gross.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

With all the concessions Shelly got, DS is the winner by default. The fund is getting 10 percent of the Clippers revenue, court side seats, the list goes on and on. The league really wanted DS gone to concede all of that. He's gone but he ain't.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject:

So is racism no longer an issue for the Clippers players? That went away quick didn't it?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
Ballmer is the perfect owner for the Clips. A loud mouthed freakshow leading a whole team of loudmouthed whiners.

Considering that ballmer's arrogant incompetence nearly ruined the most valuable and cash rich corporation in the world (at the time), there's a chance he will screw up the clippers too.

If Apple had to share their revenue with him, he might not have done so bad. Know what I'm sayin.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject:

10 mill a season changed Doc attitude..

Doc CP3 knew D. Sterling was what he was.

But now its public and they acted all shock

Fakes...$$$

Don't buy the (bleep) and bull stories from these two
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/d...om%3Afoxsports

Quote:
Donald Sterling files for divorce from estranged wife of nearly 60 years

Former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 60 years on Wednesday as he continues to battle her over ownership of the team.

Sterling, 81, cited irreconcilable differences in paperwork submitted to the Los Angeles Superior Court, attorney Bobby Samini said. That paperwork was initially rejected by the court as incomplete, but it was corrected and resubmitted afterward. It lists their date of separation as Aug. 1, 2012.
Attorney Pierce O'Donnell said Shelly Sterling has no comment and had not yet seen any divorce petition.

The filing comes two weeks before the couple's 60th anniversary and about four months after a judge ordered V. Stiviano -- a woman who Shelly Sterling alleged was her husband's mistress -- to turn over the keys to a $1.8 million house that Donald Sterling bought her and to pay Shelly Sterling about $800,000 that her husband showered on the younger woman in cash, a Ferrari and other luxury vehicles.

The ruling came nearly a year after a recording of Donald Sterling telling Stiviano not to associate with black people led the NBA to ban him for life and fine him $2.5 million. The recording was leaked weeks after Shelly Sterling sued Stiviano, alleging she was her husband's mistress.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/10/report-donald-sterling-suing-tmz-over-leaked-audio-from-mistress-v-stiviano/#comments

Quote:
Report: Donald Sterling suing TMZ over leaked audio from mistress V. Stiviano

About 16 months ago, an audio recording surfaced of a conversation between then-Clippers owner Donald Sterling and a mistress named V. Stiviano. In the recording, Sterling told Stiviano he didn’t want her bringing black people to Clippers games, among other racist remarks. TMZ posted the audio, and the subsequent firestorm resulted in Sterling being banned for life by NBA commissioner Adam Silver. Sterling and his wife, Shelly, ultimately sold the Clippers to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.

That part is done and over with. But Sterling seemingly can’t let the issue rest: TMZ reports that he’s suing both them and Stiviano for the leaked recording.

Former Clippers owner Donald Sterling is suing V. Stiviano and TMZ over the recording and publishing of a conversation he had with Stiviano.

Sterling filed the lawsuit Friday in L.A. … claiming Stiviano “surreptitiously” recorded their convo sometime between September 2013 and April 2014 — and then either she, or her agents, provided that recording to TMZ.

TMZ posted the recording on April 25, 2014.

In the docs, Sterling accuses TMZ of publishing the tape in violation of his privacy rights — and says, as a result, he’s been damaged “on a scale of unparalleled and unprecedented magnitude.” He also says Stiviano and/or TMZ doctored the contents of the recording.

This is just the latest chapter in a story that simply refuses to die. When the NBA met with Sterling prior to issuing the lifetime ban last spring, he admitted it was his voice on the recordings and he said what was leaked. League lawyers authenticated the recordings and also indicated that Sterling knew he was being recorded, according to reports at the time.

We’ll see if Sterling’s lawsuit even makes its way to court. If it does, he doesn’t have much of a case.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject:

Believe it or not, under California law, I think Sterling has a real case. I've always understood that he was taped without his consent, and the contents of a private conversation were then used against him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

i was sort of hoping that sterling was still the owner so the clippers could be the endless laughing stock of incompetence. I resent the clippers now that they are winning and they have a new ownership... the clippers dont deserve any of it
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Believe it or not, under California law, I think Sterling has a real case. I've always understood that he was taped without his consent, and the contents of a private conversation were then used against him.

I heard discussion about this and that a third party was present, which removes the privacy claims. I have no idea who the third party was or if it is even a valid claim, just conversation on the radio.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

Sterling is a piece of cr??, but he deserves to be given the same rights as Joe Blow.
DanielCollins
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

He deserves it
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/03/23/ex-clippers-owner-sterlings-nba-antitrust-lawsuit-dismissed/

Quote:
Ex-Clippers owner Sterling’s NBA antitrust lawsuit dismissed

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A federal judge has dismissed a $600 million antitrust lawsuit filed by former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling against the NBA and his wife Shelly Sterling.

U.S. District Judge Fernando M. Olguin wrote he’s skeptical Sterling suffered any injury at all by the sale of the team for $2 billion to ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and called other parts of the lawsuit implausible.

Sterling had claimed in the lawsuit filed last year that he could have gotten more than that for the team but the circumstances of the sale reduced the price.

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver banned Sterling from the league for life in 2014 over recorded racist remarks that he made to a friend.

Sterling’s attorneys did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/11/18/report-donald-sterling-settles-lawsuit-against-nba-his-wife-over-clippers-sale/

Quote:
Donald Sterling is moving on from the NBA.

The NBA happily moved on from him in 2014 when Commissioner Adam Silver banned him for life following the release of racist comments recorded in a private conversation — a firestorm that allowed Silver to do what David Stern should have done years before. This was followed by his wife Shelly Sterling making a Machiavellian move to sell the team from the family trust without Donald’s consent. Steve Ballmer paid $2 billion for the Clippers and everyone moved on.

Except Donald, who sued the league, his wife, Ballmer pretty much anyone else he could think of. He did so in multiple lawsuits, some of which were dismissed. The final lawsuit is now settled, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Bobby Samini, Sterling’s attorney, confirmed the agreement in an email to The Times.

“Donald is pleased with the outcome and is looking forward to focusing on future endeavors,” Samini wrote….

Pierce O’Donnell, Shelly Sterling’s attorney, expressed relief that the saga is finished. “Donald’s quixotic legal challenge to the record-shattering $2-billion sale was doomed from the very outset,” O’Donnell wrote in an email.

Shelly is still a regular at Clipper games.

Ballmer has spent money in areas where Sterling would not, and structurally the organization has taken steps forward. Now they just hope that translates to the court.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject:

Feels like stern is palpatine and Vader. Stern manipulates the entire league by vetoing a trade without any real evidence as to why. Silver executed order 66 and completely takes out sterling. End of the sterling republic.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/22/baron-davis-tells-stories-of-playing-for-donald-sterlings-clippers/

Quote:
Baron Davis tells stories of playing for Donald Sterling’s Clippers

There’s always a bit of a strained dynamic between NBA players and owners, just like there is between management and labor in every company. One side wants to keep its costs down and make as big a profit as possible, the other side wants to get paid as much as it can. That said, the relationship in the NBA is usually amicable.

Then there was Donald Sterling.

The former Clippers owner is the definition of a racist — he used to bring his privileged friends (or people he wanted to impress) into the locker room after games while players were changing, at times telling his guests “look at their beautiful black bodies.” In 2009 Sterling paid $2.75 million to settle a federal housing discrimination lawsuit, discriminating against black tenants who wanted to rent from him. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Stories I was told off the record make that seem almost quaint.

Baron Davis was on ESPN’s The Hoop Collective podcast and was telling Donald Sterling stories. (Transcription via The Undefeated).

..it was almost like the movie “Get Out.” It was like you walking in training camp, dude, and everybody was like, ‘Yo, what the f— you so happy for?’ And I was like, ‘S—, we about to play a season.’ And it’s like, ‘Nah, he comin’.’

And when he came in, he just sittin’ there, I saw at that moment he had no respect for nobody. You know? He had no respect for nobody. He couldn’t look nobody in the eye. And everything he was saying to people was like stuff you never say to somebody on their first day at the job. And so, for me, he rubbed me wrong from the jump because I ain’t like it. And the way that the whole Clippers system was set up … it was set up to protect him. Protect him from the media. Protect him from us, from saying stuff to us….

I say the worst thing he probably did was when we lost a game and he came in the locker room. And he walked in the locker room and looked at me. He looked at everybody in the locker, and he went down the row, one by one, and he cussed everybody out. And he picked on Al Thornton, who was a rookie from Georgia. Who didn’t really know what was going on because Mike Dunleavy was puttin’ him out there to just tryna score. You know what I mean? And he dogged Al Thornton cold. And so that’s what I was like, ‘Hold on, dude. This dude ain’t right.’ Like, he don’t even know this kid … he just a kid.

Adam Silver working to push this owner out of the league when he had the chance — something David Stern never did — to this day remains one of Silver’s crowning achievements.

By the way, Baron Davis is going to be playing in the Big 3 next summer, another reason to turn into that league. Davis is as entertaining a player as the league has seen in a long time (when he was focused).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70
Page 70 of 70
Jump to: