Brandon Jennings: "Kobe is GOAT"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
ppineda wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
When Wooden gives an opinion that Kobe is the greatest ever then it carries great weight. I happen to agree with him. That is all.

So you would have given up Kobe Bryant to get Lebron James in 2009? That's what Wooden said.

(For the record, I would not have).

He is talking from a coach's perspective...and building a new team...where Bryant was in his 30s and Lebron was early 20s. I would not have because I am a laker fan and Bryant's history with the franchise means a lot to me, just like Magic. I want Bryant to retire a laker. There is a lot of prestige of only playing with one team.

Are you a Laker fan, or just a Kobe fan? Because if you were a Laker fan, wouldn't you want the Lakers to be great for another decade or so and win more titles? If you are Lakers first you would do this... If you are a mindless Kobe fan, you'd say something similar to what you said.

So, being a Laker fan makes you a thinking individual but being a Kobe fan makes you mindless? That's just ridiculous. As a matter of fact, it's pretty mindless.

There are Kobe fans, and there are mindless Kobe fans. There's a difference, so I had to qualify it. Kobe fans will root for Kobe, say he's the greatest and support good things he does. Mindless Kobe fans will mindlessly support Kobe (that's where I got it from) and support anything he says and does. No matter if it hurts the team, no matter if it hurts the Lakers franchise. That is operating without a mind.

And if you can't tell the difference, it's probably because you can't see the forest from the trees.

Or disagree with you opinion. You seem to be fixated on the notion that you define mindless v. mindful. You do so only in your mind. Also, i think your use of the well known phrase is incorrect.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
saacman5033 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Kobe is the best player of this generation, but IMO Magic is by far the greatest Laker of all time. Best all around and most versatile player in NBA history. If we could draft any player in their prime to start a franchise, Magic would be my pick.

Jordan and Kobe are two of the greatest scorers and clutch players, but Magic made his teammates better and was a great leader even at a young age. He played the game the right way and never threw his teammates under the bus, everyone respected him including his opponents.

Agree 100%

Nope. It's just a matter of opinion and preference.
Magic could not make the SCRUBS better than Kobe could.
You can say Magic's HOF teammates MADE MAGIC's Jobs EASIER.
Magic could not have made Khwame All Thumbs suddenly a great catcher of Magic's no-look passes.
Magic's teammates were already great themselves and thus MADE Magic's jobs EASIER.
I highly doubt Magic could have led the SCRUBS of 2005 to 45 wins in the loaded western conference like Kobe had done.

Co-sign.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject:

MJ is GOAT!!! Love Kobe but no way is he better than MJ was.....Now if you say after MJ, then 100% agree, Kobe is the closet to MJ...
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Kobe is GOAT!!! Love MJ but no way is he better than Kobe .....Now if you say after Kobe, then 100% agree, MJ is the closet to Kobe...

Fixed it for you. Thank me later.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Not an easy choice but if I had to start a team with any former or current Laker in their prime I would take Magic. He made all of his teammates better. Not saying he's better than Kobe or Cap.

I believe it was someone interviewed on one of the Laker Top 10 shows on TWC that said it best. "Magic was chemistry." "Magic was intangibles."

I forget who said it, but the gist was that magic could beat you with his team, then turn around and beat you with yours. No player impacted the floor as much as magic IMO.

I see Kobe and MJ being able to do exactly the same thing and do it on both ends of the floor. The one thing you could never do is put Magic on the hottest player on the floor of the opposition and shut him down and take him out of the game. Kobe and MJ could do that. That's the difference.

Within limits. Kobe or MJ are gettting eaten alive by someone like Shaq or Duncan. So you have to qualify that statement to only include SFs and smaller players. Ironically, Magic would have had a better chance against Shaq and Duncan.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Kobe is GOAT!!! Love MJ but no way is he better than Kobe .....Now if you say after Kobe, then 100% agree, MJ is the closet to Kobe...

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

My username is 22, and I approve this message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

John Wooden said Kobe is the GOAT. Time to go to bed kids, GOAT coach just called GOAT Kobe the GOAT.

Let's just hope Randle is the GOAT Rookie PF, and the princeton offense is the GOAT offense.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

Sorry, i stand by my comments!!!!
j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

There is something in Kobe's game or personality putting me off. Anyone else think he tries too hard? MJ's game looks almost effortless at times. Kobe on the other hand tends to make everything looks difficult ...

MJ is the GOAT, and will be the GOAT for a very long time...
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:
There is something in Kobe's game or personality putting me off. Anyone else think he tries too hard? MJ's game looks almost effortless at times. Kobe on the other hand tends to make everything looks difficult ...

Ironically, I love Kobe partly because of his personality and how hard he tries. I have a difficult time with shuckin', grinnin', jivin' boy men like Magic or smarmy salesmen willing to sell out black folks because "Republicans buy sneakers too" ala MJ. To each his own.

As to Kobe making things look too difficult, well, that's one way to look at it. I look at it as poetry and art on a basketball court. There has never been a more beautiful player to watch IMO...

j-wolf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:

Ironically, I love Kobe partly because of his personality and how hard he tries. I have a difficult time with shuckin', grinnin', jivin' boy men like Magic or smarmy salesmen willing to sell out black folks because "Republicans buy sneakers too" ala MJ. To each his own.

As to Kobe making things look too difficult, well, that's one way to look at it. I look at it as poetry and art on a basketball court. There has never been a more beautiful player to watch IMO...

I respect that. People love basketball for all kinds of reasons.

Here is to a successful season for the Lakers!
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

j-wolf wrote:

I actually heard a lot of people say that kobe makes these difficult moves look effortless. I feel the same way, its just art the way he plays the game.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

I actually heard a lot of people say that kobe makes these difficult moves look effortless. I feel the same way, its just art the way he plays the game.

Couple of things...
Perhaps Kobe's stuff looks more difficult because, well, the shots he makes ARE actually more difficult. Kobe takes (and makes) more difficult shots than Jordan as a whole. Also, the game is different, more athletic defense, less space to move. You can see a lot of the new breed players and the new kinds of shots and moves they have vs. the old gaurd, which was much more fundamental. Kobe's both.

Kobe is better than MJ. Has been for a while, from at least 2005 on.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
dj1337 wrote:
j-wolf wrote:

Couple of things...
Perhaps Kobe's stuff looks more difficult because, well, the shots he makes ARE actually more difficult. Kobe takes (and makes) more difficult shots than Jordan as a whole. Also, the game is different, more athletic defense, less space to move. You can see a lot of the new breed players and the new kinds of shots and moves they have vs. the old gaurd, which was much more fundamental. Kobe's both.

Kobe is better than MJ. Has been for a while, from at least 2005 on.

Pretty much. If MJ could be doubled and tripled as much as Kobe has (with defensive rule changes) and faced more athletic defenders like Kobe has I think his stats would look a little different. I'm sure others will disagree but that's how I feel. And no I don't think handchecking would affect Kobe's game much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Yikes...

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Grandpa_bfaf78_777622.gif
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: