Byron Scott Plans for Kobe Bryant's minutes - Title of Slam Online Article
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
singlecamVTEC wrote:
i could see Kobe sitting out against lower-tier teams.. but then again, it's Kobe. dude would probably sit out for 30 seconds into the game in his street clothes, then go back to the locker room and suit up to play.

We ARE a lower-tier team. If he sits out against the lower-tier teams, we'll struggle to win any damn games . It'll be a repeat of last season.

of course the Lakers are a low-tier team lol, but going into the season.. you already know Kobe doesn't accept that lol, no matter how obvious it is.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject:

The header and article title for this post is misleading: BYRON SCOTT DOES NOT SAY HE PLANS TO SIT OUT KOBE!!!!

Byron's quote is " is it going to be easy for you to tell Kobe Bryant, ‘We’re going to have to limit your minutes tonight. Maybe you take a night off?" (fictitious conversation with Kobe).

This does not translate to "I'm planning on sitting Kobe out of games"

Way to go making assumptions, author!

EDIT: That's not Byron's quote. It's actually the interviewer saying that. Wow, OP, you're just misleading us as much as the original author.
salami
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
The header and article title for this post is misleading: BYRON SCOTT DOES NOT SAY HE PLANS TO SIT OUT KOBE!!!!

Byron's quote is " is it going to be easy for you to tell Kobe Bryant, ‘We’re going to have to limit your minutes tonight. Maybe you take a night off?" (fictitious conversation with Kobe).

EDIT: That's not Byron's quote. It's actually the interviewer saying that. Wow, OP, you're just misleading us as much as the original author.

I'm going to go ahead and completely believe your take just as much as I believed the thread title and say it is a disservice to Byron Scott to misrepresent what was said in the way the thread topic suggests.

Shame on you OP
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS: news articles nowadays are 100% sensationalism, 0% substance
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
<b>BREAKING NEWS</b>: news articles nowadays are 100% sensationalism, 0% substance

Yep, like the "Nash is pinned in as starter" story.
kinein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject:

Due to errors in reading comprehension, I will recommend you review the link once more and see that the Slam Online writer titled the article. Do tweet or send him an email with your complaint

Staccatos wrote:

salami wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and completely believe your take just as much as I believed the thread title and say it is a disservice to Byron Scott to misrepresent what was said in the way the thread topic suggests.

Shame on you OP

Do take time to actually click the link so you see where the title came from I'm sure he will read your commentary and give you a reply if he feels your comments deserve recognition. See Slamonline for more information, Link on page 1
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Umm Kinein, you're the one that posted the quote snippets. You listed a quote and attributed it to Byron Scott and it is not Byron Scott saying all of those things. You only put an .... in front of the other speaker.

So reading your post is completely misleading. And yes, I posted that the original article with the sensationalist header started it. And you simply posted it with the same title without trying to verify that's what was being said.

I stand by my statement. PLEASE DON'T POST MISLEADING TITLES AND ARTICLES.

ps I did try and post on the original article and let the original author know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: