Do you want Michael Beasley to sign with the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beasley to the Lakers?
Yes.
64%
 64%  [ 234 ]
No.
35%
 35%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 361

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
I have no problem with him. i think he's a good player (probably better than Lin even). he has this bad reputation, so whatever, I don't really care about that. Artest had an even worse reputation, and I thought he was freaking amazing as a Laker. LA can tame the craziest people.

I say pay him, let him play. We're always willing to throw tons of money away on useless coaches, so why not a player or two?

Artest was a knucklehead while Beasle is a malinger, big difference. And we can't forget that Artest cost his teams dearly during his career.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

PauXXL wrote:
Beasley is a better player than Wes and X. The team is going to have a defensive system so defense shouldn't be a huge deal since it won't rely so much on one on one capability. Randle won't play small forward, way to slow to do that. We need a player that can score on his own. We have Kobe, Young and maybe Lin. But everyone else needs someone to create for them.

I am thinking you haven't watched much of Randle if you think that slow describes him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

Looks like the Lakers may be moving on without Beasley; he's playing hardball with no leverage.

Alonzo Gee may be the next target once he clears waivers because of his relationship with Coach Scott in Cleveland.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Randle would be slow as a 3. As a 4 he's very quick for his size
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

beasley is cut from the same cloth as gerald green...who would not take gerald green right now for the vets mind?
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Beasley has a reputation for being a one dimensional player but so did Nick Young when we signed him last year.

If Young can improve his defense playing for D'Antoni I think Beasley could do the same as Scott emphasizes defense.

At the very least signing him would give us some depth at SF which we need. He's worth taking a shot on.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject:

This signing is not that low risk as people think, because it gives up a valuable roster spot. Only way we sign him is if it's a non-guaranteed contract.

I think Beasley will be a locker room risk factor that is not worth the trouble. His off court issues could also make the franchise look bad.

Beasley is just not a professional. He's not a hard worker...that's why his game hasn't improved all these years. He doesn't want to be great and he doesn't want to put in the real work.

Can Kobe turn him around? Possibly, but Beasley strikes me as a guy that thinks he can be great by just showing up.

I feel if Beasley accepted a non-guaranteed contract so that he can earn his stripes on this team, I'm all for it. But if he wants guaranteed money, forget it, he just wants to be given something without working for it...that is why his career has flat lined and even declined.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

A valuable roster spot that will be filled by who?
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm ok with the idea of giving him a shot to prove himself
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject:

with X's health a big ? still, I think we should give him a chance. I wasn't for signing him before Scott announced that Xavier is still injured this far into summer.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
L.A.M.B
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Now with Xavier havin injury setbacks, it would be EMBARASSING if we passed up on beasley
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: