Michael Brown Shooting By Police Sparks Vigil, Protest, Looting And Calls For Federal Probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject:

Another reason for my position, wait until all evidence is presented before making a definite indict or not, guilty or innocent decision.

I'm wary of McCullock. I hope he presents a case strong enough for the Grand Jury to indict Wilson.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
A good clip from Bill O'Reilly about the Ferguson situation, I highly recommend it. It pretty much sums up my exact feelings.

http://youtu.be/3Bnf-35fZeE

That's an oxymoron right?

Did you watch it? Or Nah?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Another reason for my position, wait until all evidence is presented before making a definite indict or not, guilty or innocent decision.

I'm wary of McCullock. I hope he presents a case strong enough for the Grand Jury to indict Wilson.

Word is he's not even trying. Giving the grand jury the case with no recommended charge is a strong message from a guy with an obvious conflict of interest.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

LINK

Darren Wilson, Officer Who Shot Michael Brown, Testifies In Front Of Grand Jury: Report

I know the threat of civil uprising is no reason to indict Wilson but I also won't deny it's presence and thinking it will weigh on the panels decision.

What troubles me more is the possibility of the unrest spilling out of Furgerson into the street of surrounding communities maybe cities throughout the country. This is a case of national notoriety. How will the rest of the country react if there's no indictment?

I've seen enough evidence to indict Wilson. If McColluch doesn't recommend a charge how can the Grand Jury make a decision? What is there to decide?

I hope the Grand Jury will do the right thing. I also hope if there's not indictment the people of Furgerson will give the Feds time to present their case. A complete resolution is a long way off. Patience is the watch word.

As Michael Brown grand jury extended, patience for justice wears thin

LINK

McColloch is stalling. I don't think he'll be fair. How many have seen a person they know nothing about but not trust them? That's how i feel about Bob McColloch

Quote:
A move by the prosecutor presiding over the grand jury in the police shooting death of Michael Brown to continue the jury proceedings until January has angered many of Brown’s supporters who see the extension as a political maneuver and a slap in the face.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject:

DOJ Gets Ferguson, St. Louis County Cops To Ban 'I Am Darren Wilson' Wristbands

LINK

Without the involvement of the DOJ Ferguson would be another Los Angeles, Chicago uprising.

Officers in the FPD are acting in a manner not conducive to removing the wedge in place between the police and the community.

Quote:
"Officers wearing name plates while in uniform is a basic component of transparency and accountability. It is a near-universal requirement of sound policing practices and required under some state laws," the letter to Jackson states. "Allowing officers to remain anonymous when they interact with the public contributes to mistrust and undermines accountability. The failure to wear name plates conveys a message to community members that, through anonymity, officers may seek to act with impunity."

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject:

The wristbands were real? I just thought it was internet BS.

What balls these guys have.

!...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject:

I have a uneasy feeling that Ferguson is on the verge of be a very tumultuous city. If Wilson isn't indicted, not convicted, indicted, is the reason for my feelings. If he's not convicted that's another chapter.

I don't think the citizens will wait for the DOJ to complete it's investigation and make a decision on Darren Wilson's guilt or innocents. I feel another Burn Baby Burn on the horrizon.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject:

Search Is On For Two Suspects Wanted In Shooting Of Ferguson Police Officer

LINK

Ferguson is a bomb waiting to explode. I'm surprised there haven't been more confrontations.

This is what caught my attention in the article.
Quote:
Schellman said he didn't know why the body camera the wounded officer was wearing was turned off during the shooting.
Why was it turned off? Is this going to be par for the course?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, the residents of Ferguson probably won't start wearing wristbands that say, "I am the cop shooter"
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

City of Ferguson is trying to get rich off this killing now...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ea801dccbeca4d42a06d4477fdb982a0/ferguson-demands-high-fees-turn-over-city-files

Quote:
Ferguson Demands High Fees To Turn Over City Files

Officials in Ferguson, Missouri, are charging nearly 10 times the cost of some of their own employees' salaries before they will agree to turn over files under public records laws about the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown.

The move discourages journalists and civil rights groups from investigating the shooting and its aftermath. And it follows dozens of records requests to Ferguson under the state's Sunshine Law, which can offer an unvarnished look into government activity.

The city has demanded high fees to produce copies of records that, under Missouri law, it could give away free if it determined the material was in the public's interest to see. Instead, in some cases, the city has demanded high fees with little explanation or cost breakdown.

In one case, it billed The Associated Press $135 an hour — for nearly a day's work — merely to retrieve a handful of email accounts since the shooting. That fee compares with an entry-level, hourly salary of $13.90 in the city clerk's office, and it didn't include costs to review the emails or release them. The AP has not paid for the search because it has yet to negotiate the cost.

Price-gouging for government files is one way that local, state and federal agencies have responded to requests for potentially embarrassing information they may not want released. Open records laws are designed to give the public access to government records at little or no cost, and have historically exposed waste, wrongdoing and corruption.

The Washington Post was told it would need to pay $200 at minimum for its requests, including city officials' emails since Aug. 9 discussing Brown's shooting, citizen complaints against Ferguson officers and Wilson's personnel file. The website Buzzfeed requested in part emails and memos among city officials about Ferguson's traffic-citation policies and changes to local elections, but was told it would cost unspecified thousands of dollars to fulfill.

Inquiries about Ferguson's public records requests were referred to the city's attorney, Stephanie Karr, who declined to respond to repeated interview requests from the AP since earlier this month. A Ferguson official Monday referred an additional request for comment to the city's media consultant.

Some state open records laws provide records for free or little cost, while others like Missouri can require fees that "result in the lowest charges for search, research and duplication." The AP asked for a fee waiver because it argued the records would serve the public interest, as the law allows, but that request was denied.

In late August, the AP asked Ferguson officials for copies of several police officials' emails and text messages, including those belonging to Wilson and Chief Thomas Jackson. The AP sought those records to reveal the city's behind-the-scenes response to the shooting and public protests.

Ferguson told the AP it wanted nearly $2,000 to pay a consulting firm for up to 16 hours of work to retrieve messages on its own email system, a practice that information technology experts call unnecessary. The firm, St. Louis-based Acumen Consulting, wouldn't comment specifically on Ferguson's contract, but said the search could be more complicated and require technicians to examine tape backups.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Or they may be trying to discourage anyone from seeing any dirty laundry.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

The DOJ is also investigating. I don't think Ferguson officials will try underhanded tactics with them.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ea801dccbeca4d42a06d4477fdb982a0/ferguson-demands-high-fees-turn-over-city-files

Quote:
Ferguson Demands High Fees To Turn Over City Files

Officials in Ferguson, Missouri, are charging nearly 10 times the cost of some of their own employees' salaries before they will agree to turn over files under public records laws about the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown.

The move discourages journalists and civil rights groups from investigating the shooting and its aftermath. And it follows dozens of records requests to Ferguson under the state's Sunshine Law, which can offer an unvarnished look into government activity.

The city has demanded high fees to produce copies of records that, under Missouri law, it could give away free if it determined the material was in the public's interest to see. Instead, in some cases, the city has demanded high fees with little explanation or cost breakdown.

In one case, it billed The Associated Press $135 an hour — for nearly a day's work — merely to retrieve a handful of email accounts since the shooting. That fee compares with an entry-level, hourly salary of $13.90 in the city clerk's office, and it didn't include costs to review the emails or release them. The AP has not paid for the search because it has yet to negotiate the cost.

Price-gouging for government files is one way that local, state and federal agencies have responded to requests for potentially embarrassing information they may not want released. Open records laws are designed to give the public access to government records at little or no cost, and have historically exposed waste, wrongdoing and corruption.

The Washington Post was told it would need to pay $200 at minimum for its requests, including city officials' emails since Aug. 9 discussing Brown's shooting, citizen complaints against Ferguson officers and Wilson's personnel file. The website Buzzfeed requested in part emails and memos among city officials about Ferguson's traffic-citation policies and changes to local elections, but was told it would cost unspecified thousands of dollars to fulfill.

Inquiries about Ferguson's public records requests were referred to the city's attorney, Stephanie Karr, who declined to respond to repeated interview requests from the AP since earlier this month. A Ferguson official Monday referred an additional request for comment to the city's media consultant.

Some state open records laws provide records for free or little cost, while others like Missouri can require fees that "result in the lowest charges for search, research and duplication." The AP asked for a fee waiver because it argued the records would serve the public interest, as the law allows, but that request was denied.

In late August, the AP asked Ferguson officials for copies of several police officials' emails and text messages, including those belonging to Wilson and Chief Thomas Jackson. The AP sought those records to reveal the city's behind-the-scenes response to the shooting and public protests.

Ferguson told the AP it wanted nearly $2,000 to pay a consulting firm for up to 16 hours of work to retrieve messages on its own email system, a practice that information technology experts call unnecessary. The firm, St. Louis-based Acumen Consulting, wouldn't comment specifically on Ferguson's contract, but said the search could be more complicated and require technicians to examine tape backups.

In my state, they have a per page cap on documents, and that is to cover the paper.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The DOJ is also investigating. I don't think Ferguson officials will try underhanded tactics with them.

Implying the DOJ is the poster child for justice.

Police departments, Internal Affairs, DOJ. All branches of the same side.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Without the involvement of the DOJ Ferguson would be another Los Angeles, Chicago uprising.

Ferguson wouldn't have the Crips and the base level of humanity present in the LA unrest to turn it from a true uprising to a predatory riot slash looting slash arson spree. There'd be isolated looting, but Ferguson just pales by comparison in scale. As usual, LA has to do things differently than other cities, even in its protests. Pac had a lyric about it in California Luv.

WE LOVE IT!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Implying the DOJ is the poster child for justice.

Police departments, Internal Affairs, DOJ. All branches of the same side.

I'm not implying anything, that's your interpretation. I'm thinking with so much of the country, world, watching the DOJ will not allow Ferguson officials to pull the wool over their eyes.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ferguson wouldn't have the Crips and the base level of humanity present in the LA unrest to turn it from a true uprising to a predatory riot slash looting slash arson spree. There'd be isolated looting, but Ferguson just pales by comparison in scale. As usual, LA has to do things differently than other cities, even in its protests. Pac had a lyric about it in California Luv.

WE LOVE IT!

I hope you're right. I don't think Ferguson has the "Burn Baby Burn" element. Ferguson's disrupters will be people who want a 50" big screen and some Hennessy.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Police Violated Constitutional Rights Of Ferguson Protesters, Federal Judge Rules

LINK

If this is any indication of how the DOJ will handle Michael Brown's shooting it's encouraging.

The Feds are using law not cronyism to calm Ferguson.

I have a feeling the Grand Jury won't indict Wilson, I hope the Feds will, for Ferguson's sake, find a way.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Missouri Police Plan For Possible Riots If Darren Wilson Not Charged

LINK

I've had a uneasy feeling about what will happen if Wilson isn't indicted.

I know the threat unrest is not a valid reason to indict. I don't have any real evidence that would lead me to say he should definitely be indicted but what I'm privy to causes me to lean for indictment.

I also fear trouble will be started by people not from Ferguson.
Quote:
Of the 227 people arrested between Aug. 10 and Sept. 9 in connection with protests over Brown's death, 36 were from outside Missouri, including seven from New York, 12 from Illinois and five from California, according to arrest records provided by the St. Louis county police

Ferguson asking for outsided agencies advice. Los Angeles and New York didn't comment.
Quote:
Missouri law enforcement officials have been in contact with police chiefs in Los Angeles, New York, Florida and Cincinnati, Ohio and other jurisdictions as they prepare for the grand jury decision, Belmar said. Police in New York and Los Angeles did not return calls for comment.

Gun sales are up in the city. Brown most likely be the only fatality, Black shot by White.
Quote:
Adam Weinstein, co-owner of County Guns, said sales were up 50 percent since Brown's shooting, mostly among white residents fearful of riots who are buying Glock, Springfield and Smith & Wesson handguns, and shotguns. "They are afraid the city is going to explode," Weinstein said, a former member of the U.S. Navy and St. Louis firefighter with heavily tattooed arms

It may be to late for a special prosecutor and I don't think McCullock will recuse himself.

All hell is going to break lose in Ferguson and that will only be the flash point.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject:

There wll be copycat riots. The sad thing is most of it probably trouble makers stirring up trouble.riots will not help their cause. Just reinforces they need to crack down hard.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
There wll be copycat riots. The sad thing is most of it probably trouble makers stirring up trouble.riots will not help their cause. Just reinforces they need to crack down hard.

The sad thing is the trouble makers will most likey be out of towners.

SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/us/st-louis-officer-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

here we go again?
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject:

SP_Fever wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/us/st-louis-officer-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

here we go again?

At first glance this looks like the officer was justified. I question 17 shots though.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

LINK

Another side of the shooting. This one hasn't presented any evidence. I don't see anything saying it was a sandwich. Ferguson is about to explode.

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/phampel/status/520395884752670720/photo/1

Chanting they want the cop dead.
Flag burning.

Sometimes they make it hard for people to feel sympathy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 25 of 57
Jump to: