The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Julius Randle in NBA 2K15

tharealcstylez wrote:
[url=https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/509728591220056064][/url]

Dang that looks real!! This will be the first 2K game I've purchased since 2k11. That Jay-Z worship one was an abomination and they stopped earning my money
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Julius Randle in NBA 2K15

22 wrote:
tharealcstylez wrote:

Dang that looks real!! This will be the first 2K game I've purchased since 2k11. That Jay-Z worship one was an abomination and they stopped earning my money

If they keep up with that Virtual Currency garbage, i'm not buying it. How the hell could they have thought forcing their users to use VC in (bleep) ing association/MyGM mode was a good idea? 2K has gotten so lazy over the last few years. They crushed NBA Live and now they have no competition, so they just mail it in every year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
We definitely got the guy that most fits our current situation

yup and I'm not confident in Smart ever becoming an offensive force

Smart will do fine, the problem isn't him, it's the team he's on and the 3 other PG/SGs they signed/drafted.

But he's definitely not as bad off as Exum in Utah or Ennis in Phoenix.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Julius Randle in NBA 2K15

Lakers95 wrote:
22 wrote:
tharealcstylez wrote:

If they keep up with that Virtual Currency garbage, i'm not buying it. How the hell could they have thought forcing their users to use VC in (bleep) ing association/MyGM mode was a good idea? 2K has gotten so lazy over the last few years. They crushed NBA Live and now they have no competition, so they just mail it in every year.

Yeah I never really played those modes and VC is a big reason why. It's dumb to me.

But I'm a rare user of that game. I just play exhibitions as the Lake show lol. And if I get bored I create myself but don't go through the whole myplayer thing LOL

MJST wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
We definitely got the guy that most fits our current situation

yup and I'm not confident in Smart ever becoming an offensive force

Smart will do fine, the problem isn't him, it's the team he's on and the 3 other PG/SGs they signed/drafted.

But he's definitely not as bad off as Exum in Utah or Ennis in Phoenix.

Meh. Either way I'd rather have Julius. I would have been happy with Exum too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Julius Randle in NBA 2K15

Lakers95 wrote:
22 wrote:
tharealcstylez wrote:

Apparently they're pretty much doing away with it in 2k15. There's a new "MyLeague" feature which is basically an updated offline, customizable association mode. Seems like they actually listened to customer complaints this time. 2k14 was VERY disappointing outside of the actual game play.

Link: http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Julius Randle in NBA 2K15

22 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:
22 wrote:
tharealcstylez wrote:

Yeah I never really played those modes and VC is a big reason why. It's dumb to me.

But I'm a rare user of that game. I just play exhibitions as the Lake show lol. And if I get bored I create myself but don't go through the whole myplayer thing LOL

I won a title in MyPlayer and then just gave up on it. The presentation of the game is great, but there isn't much to do without VC. It was my first PS4 game and I was super excited too. Now, I think I'm just going to sell it for whatever I can get before 2k15 comes out.

AY2043 wrote:

Apparently they're pretty much doing away with it in 2k15. There's a new "MyLeague" feature which is basically an updated offline, customizable association mode. Seems like they actually listened to customer complaints this time. 2k14 was VERY disappointing outside of the actual game play.

Link: http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/

Oh wow. I didn't know about that. I honestly preferred to play "season" mode in the prior versions over association, so if it's a bit similar to that, I think I might enjoy this game. Thankfully they're getting rid of VC. I've hated the concept from the beginning.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject:

This upcoming season is undoubtedly more exciting than last year.

My eyes will be on Julius Randle. Like it or not, there are high expectations of him. He has a lot to prove. All that talk about making other teams regret passing on him showed that he isn't afraid of saying "the right things". He has to walk the walk.

I'm also excited to play 2k15 with him on the roster. Last year's Lakers roster was awful for every mode.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:

My eyes will be on Julius Randle. Like it or not, there are high expectations of him. He has a lot to prove. All that talk about making other teams regret passing on him showed that he isn't afraid of saying "the right things". He has to walk the walk.

I'm also excited to play 2k15 with him on the roster. Last year's Lakers roster was awful for every mode.

There are no high expectations from the rookie. He just needs to work hard, stay healthy & learn the game. Thats it
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

There are no high expectations from the rookie. He just needs to work hard, stay healthy & learn the game. Thats it
Yes there are. We are the Lakers. There are always high expectations. We had the worst season in franchise history last year. Randle has to give the fans a silver lining from all that unintentional tanking.

Kobe has lived with the high expectations his entire career. Bynum was expected to be the next great bigman in LA. I don't see why Randle gets a pass. For what it's worth, I think Randle has no problem dealing with pressure and high expectations. He's a tough character guy. He'll learn a lot under Kobe.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

If Randle turns into another Karl Malone ... it's gonna be the steal of the century getting him at the 7th pick......

I hope Randle makes those other 6 teams cry if he turns into a superstar player.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE JULIUS RANDLE IN THE NBA!

Here's a good link about his game & upside:

RANDLE

Some day soon he will be a load to deal with.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Something that I do think about when Randle's athleticism is brought up is how 'easy' he made the dunks look at the Lebron skills academy. He seems to have a little more athleticism than he gets credit for, those east bays and all the other stuff he did effortlessly speaks to how his leaping ability may be. I just think it's not as strong from a 'stand still' but when he gets that step he'll get up there with the upper half of power forward leapers in the NBA.

If people watched Julius in High School back when he was heralded as the best high school player in the country he actually used his handles a bit more and was nice on the fast break.

For those that mention his jumper and his need for the mid range, I agree. I don't know if it was his role in Kentucky changed his mindset but one of his go-to moves in High School seemed to be that dribble step back mid range jumper and he seemed to have a lot of confidence in it. He needs to get that back because that jumper along with his other assets were what separated him from the pack imo.

You can see the confidence he has on that jumper at this point. He needs to get that back, that step back and fade would be deadly at the next level and a matchup nightmare.

I just share this cause it was his first game back from injury and 19 points and 15 mins and sick move at 1:13.

You have to wonder if the style Calipari had him play in Kentucky didn't have something to do with how far he fell in the draft. Because I'm pretty sure if he was allowed to handle the ball as much as he did in high school while at Kentucky he likely would have been gone in the top 3-4.

But his role on the team where he was the banger inside and we didn't get to see much of it probably is part of the reason he dropped to 7th, as well as the injury story which was later debunked after he was already a Laker and again that's good for us and another reason why those Randolph comparisons are way off when describing Randle, but it's those comparisons that caused him to slip to 7 where we took full advantage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Something that I do think about when Randle's athleticism is brought up is how 'easy' he made the dunks look at the Lebron skills academy. He seems to have a little more athleticism than he gets credit for, those east bays and all the other stuff he did effortlessly speaks to how his leaping ability may be. I just think it's not as strong from a 'stand still' but when he gets that step he'll get up there with the upper half of power forward leapers in the NBA.

If people watched Julius in High School back when he was heralded as the best high school player in the country he actually used his handles a bit more and was nice on the fast break.

For those that mention his jumper and his need for the mid range, I agree. I don't know if it was his role in Kentucky changed his mindset but one of his go-to moves in High School seemed to be that dribble step back mid range jumper and he seemed to have a lot of confidence in it. He needs to get that back because that jumper along with his other assets were what separated him from the pack imo.

You can see the confidence he has on that jumper at this point. He needs to get that back, that step back and fade would be deadly at the next level and a matchup nightmare.

I just share this cause it was his first game back from injury and 19 points and 15 mins and sick move at 1:13.

You have to wonder if the style Calipari had him play in Kentucky didn't have something to do with how far he fell in the draft. Because I'm pretty sure if he was allowed to handle the ball as much as he did in high school while at Kentucky he likely would have been gone in the top 3-4.

But his role on the team where he was the banger inside and we didn't get to see much of it probably is part of the reason he dropped to 7th, as well as the injury story which was later debunked after he was already a Laker and again that's good for us and another reason why those Randolph comparisons are way off when describing Randle, but it's those comparisons that caused him to slip to 7 where we took full advantage.

JR will transform into a very solid NBA player in time. Thanks for posting those links. Those and the ones posted earlier really gives insight on what JR can bring to the table through hard work.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject:

The pre season can't get here any sooner! I can't wait to see what Randle & Clarkson can do!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject:

Also if you want to see Julius vs Jabari this was their match against each other

Randle's team won 63-59
Julius Randle 23/13 2 blocks 1 steal
Jabari Parker 14/5 2 assists
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

If his summer league performance was a D, then I need the season to start NOW...I love this guy's confidence...vid is a bit laggy tho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMwxOi4R9Pw
If his summer league performance was a D, then I need the season to start NOW...I love this guy's confidence...vid is a bit laggy tho

Thanks for sharing!! Love the rook!
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

It's nice to see him both acknowledge and explain why he didn't feel like he put forth the best performance in summer league. Like he said, when his conditioning is good, he can prove everything else. He's got a good head on him. I can't wait for pre-season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Once he earns it from Boozer we'll know he's ready.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject:

Repost of cover of latest SLAM Magazine featuring Julius Randle.

Julius Randle-SLAM (link)
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Embiid looks like he's put on a ton of muscle mass. Looks huge in that pic.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

None of them look like they're happy to be there

Guys gotta learn to smile!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

DRAFT EXPRESS:

Quote:
Extremely unique prospect due to his combination of size, strength, scoring instincts and ball-handling skills.
Very difficult to find players with his skill-set, at any level of competition.
Has work to do, on the defensive end in particular, but he's clearly a top-notch prospect for the NBA.

THIS KID IS GOING TO BE A BEAST!!!
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Just saw Julius at the beverly Wilshire. All I gotta say is the guy is freaking huge. I felt like a midget next to him and I'm 6'3. Looks like he's not wasting anytime though, he was buying jewelry. That pay check must have came in already lol
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

Yes there are. We are the Lakers. There are always high expectations. We had the worst season in franchise history last year. Randle has to give the fans a silver lining from all that unintentional tanking.

Kobe has lived with the high expectations his entire career. Bynum was expected to be the next great bigman in LA. I don't see why Randle gets a pass. For what it's worth, I think Randle has no problem dealing with pressure and high expectations. He's a tough character guy. He'll learn a lot under Kobe.

What did kobe & bynum do in their 1st 2yrs? Nothing

What does being the lakers & having expectations from the rookie has to do?

2 entirely different things
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 120 of 1536
Jump to: