Kobe's Fuel: The List of those that have insulted or criticized Kobe before the season begins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Nordvader wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
lotta hate on Kobe in this thread....wow.

#hatersgonnahate

It's all the usual suspects, every Kobe related thread the same people.

I'm not even sure if you guys went through the thread.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Non of the moderators has posted anything in this thread. That's really an insult that's gonna double or triple Kobe's fuel.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
More logs for the fire. You guys are fueling me to post another epic thread. Better stop before you get embarrassed. Me and Kobe just got more motivation....

There is no You & Kobe.
lotc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
KBH wrote:
Wow. This is one of the worst threads in LG history. And this is saying something.

Agreed. This is down right embarrassing.

I thought I was the only one lol
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jeggs cmon man...sheesh

This was the first thread title in a good while that made me (actually) LOL. A guffaw is what I wanna call it.

Kobe isn't an exposed, pulsating dental nerve ready to pour lemon juice on, mang. He's 36 years old. He keeps telling us that for a reason... Among other things, it means he's mellow enough at this point in his life that the bigger picture is what motivates him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
22 wrote:
Jeggs cmon man...sheesh

This was the first thread title in a good while that made me (actually) LOL. A guffaw is what I wanna call it.

Kobe isn't an exposed, pulsating dental nerve ready to pour lemon juice on, mang. He's 36 years old. He keeps telling us that for a reason... Among other things, it means he's mellow enough at this point in his life that the bigger picture is what motivates him.

Pretty much this. Kobe has said so himself that he understands he has to evolve his game to fit the circumstances. I believe he will. It's part of every great's game (aging, etc.).

Living here in NY region, there are legions of Yankees and in particular Jeter fans. They did not expect Jeter to post near-prime numbers and have graciously and happily watched Jeter just play. I think we can do the same for Kobe and if he surpasses our expectations, that's even better. (Yankees and current Lakers team are not in any serious championship contention this season).

I've come to accept the possibility that Kobe can play like a mortal, and in doing so, can accept that reality (if it happens) and STILL enjoy Kobe (even if he puts up less than his normal MVP level stats). Some still expect Kobe to play like he was in his prime (or even 2012), and leave little room to simply enjoy Kobe if he fails to meet that expectation. I think that's the difference here.

Kobe will drive himself, and sure external stuff help add to the fuel, but make no mistake, the fiery drive is all him.
paulsung123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's Fuel: The List of those that have insulted or criticized Kobe before the season begins.

1) ESPN leaves Kobe out of the top 10 Shooting Guards.

Agree.

2) Soccer Coach Jurgen's saying Kobe contract undeserved: "This always happens in America.Kobe Bryant, for example -- why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?"

Agree.

2) NBA 2K15 Will rank Kobe only at an 89...not in the 90s like old man role player(not even an All-Star) Duncan, Durant, or Lebron.

Agree with comparison to Duncan. Of course he shouldn't be in the same tier of rankings as Durant or Lebron (the two best players in the NBA today, which Kobe is NOT today.)

3) Klay Thompson's people say he is the best shooting guard(even better than Kobe).

Agree.

4) Lebron leaves Kobe out of his Mt. Rushmore, does not join Lakers in free agency.

Disagree. Is this really a slight...

5) Bosh, Wade, and Carmelo does not join Lakers and Kobe in free agency.

Disagree. See above.

5) NBA GM(likely Dan Gilbert): "Kobe has zero trade value."

Agree in part. Dan Gilbert is not an NBA GM.

6) Steve Nash: Kobe is a "a**hole*

Disagree. Are you reaching to try and fill "10" for your list?

7) Dwight Howard leaves the Lakers to join Harden.

Agree in part.

8) Pau Gasol leaves for the Bulls to Join Derrick Rose.

Agree in part.

9) Kevin Durant says Allen Iverson is the best pound for pound player of all time(not Kobe who is).

Disagree. AI is 5'11''. He is the best P4P player if such a thing existed in the NBA. P4P is not even used as a basketball compliment. I feel like you're being very sensitive.

10) Dwyane Wade says Kobe is "Second best all time."

Disagree. That's not fuel, it's a diss against Lebron after he left Miami.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

"list" sounds too Lebron
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject:

Kobe needs wheels not fuel. Kobe has so much fuel it's starting to slow him down.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe's Fuel: The List of those that have insulted or criticized Kobe before the season begins.

activeverb wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
It's time to make a list of the guys that are going to eat crow once Kobe silences them this season. This is in no particular order. Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. This is Kobe's fuel so this is important.

1) ESPN leaves Kobe out of the top 10 Shooting Guards.

2) Soccer Coach Jurgen's saying Kobe contract undeserved: "This always happens in America.Kobe Bryant, for example -- why does he get a two-year contract extension for $50 million? Because of what he is going to do in the next two years for the Lakers? Of course not. Of course not. He gets it because of what he has done before. It makes no sense. Why do you pay for what has already happened?"

2) NBA 2K15 Will rank Kobe only at an 89...not in the 90s like old man role player(not even an All-Star) Duncan, Durant, or Lebron.

3) Klay Thompson's people say he is the best shooting guard(even better than Kobe).

4) Lebron leaves Kobe out of his Mt. Rushmore, does not join Lakers in free agency.

5) Bosh, Wade, and Carmelo does not join Lakers and Kobe in free agency.

5) NBA GM(likely Dan Gilbert): "Kobe has zero trade value."

6) Steve Nash: Kobe is a "a**hole*

7) Dwight Howard leaves the Lakers to join Harden.

8) Pau Gasol leaves for the Bulls to Join Derrick Rose.

9) Kevin Durant says Allen Iverson is the best pound for pound player of all time(not Kobe who is).

10) Dwyane Wade says Kobe is "Second best all time."

11. Koby is fueled Knowing that Jegs will not go to sleep on any single day until he has catalog at least three perceived insults against Kobe

wait...Jegs sounds a little like me!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: