Favorite Laker image in your mind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Nobody has mentioned this little diddy. Besides all the other great plays in Lakers history, I've always thought this was sweet.

Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I bet you a million dollars fisher has this one hanging blown up in his house. Damnnnn. Miss u D-Fish.

http://ballislife.com/derek-fishers-top-4-dunks-feat-bradley-iverson/
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I think the image that is maybe forever the favorite is Magic hugging Butch Lee at the end of Game 6 in the 1980 Finals.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject:

DFWLakerFan wrote:
Greatest moment was the win in '85. Greatest play is the baby-hook on '87. From there, game 7 win over Boston.

Where in DFW do you stay? We may have to go to a game or watch one at bar ... I am near Frisco.

As for the question:
1. Kobe to Shaq in game 7 vs. Portland (I was at Staples)
2. The baby hook vs. Celts in 1987 (I remember running outside screaming when he hit that shot as a kid ...)
3. Horry for the win ...yes!!!! (I thought we were done)
4. Worthy with the steal and the save in 1988 (great effort)
5. Artest jumper in Game 7 2010 (along with the presser great stuff!)
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

Favorite image, tough to say.

I guess it's too hard to say just one. So many images are connected to so many powerful emotions.

1. The young Elgin Baylor chomping a five pound chunk of gum and young flat-top Jerry West, standing next to each other at pregame introductions. Anticipation.

2. Magic Johnson's post-game interview, Game 6 1980 NBA Finals, Philly. Exhilaration.

3. Kareem's 1985 Game 6, the whole thing blended into a continuous scoring run. Revenge.

3. Shaq's wild eyed charge up-court after the dunk. Redemption.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject:

Fishlakers wrote:
I bet you a million dollars fisher has this one hanging blown up in his house. Damnnnn. Miss u D-Fish.

http://ballislife.com/derek-fishers-top-4-dunks-feat-bradley-iverson/

I love Fish...but I also hate him. It's weird and very contradictory feeling. He was easily the most terrible and most clutch player in Laker history.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

Favorite Laker image?

See for yourself
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

DFWLakerFan wrote:
Greatest moment was the win in '85. Greatest play is the baby-hook on '87. From there, game 7 win over Boston.

You've got my favorite 3, in order as well!

I'd add #4 - Kobe to Shaq, and I'd have to give the Fish Pancake on Scola an honorable mention. It set the tone for the rest of a successful title run.

Still - that 80's Showtime team was Magical, highlight reels on a weekly basis that would qualify as 'play of the year' for other teams.
Stuntman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

Tough to pick a favorite but there are two moments that come to mind when I think Lakers. The first is the baby hook. The second has nothing to do with gameplay. That one is Kobe and Shaq hugging and crying just after winning the 2000 championship. After 12 years of waiting for a title that scene stuck with me.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

What a wonderful thread.

Game 7 in 2010 against the Celtics. Kobe dribbling the ball around the perimeter with a defender draped all over him. Kicks it to Artest. Artest takes a jab step. Kobe puts his hands up asking for the ball back, ready to take a bail-out shot for the Lakers as the shot clock winds down. Artest squares up and launches the 3. Every Lakers fan in unison cringes and holds their breath. Splash. Beautiful.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

DFWLakerFan wrote:

^^

Without a doubt the greatest shot in Laker history.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

There are so many...

But selfishly today I'll pick Game 4, 2006 playoffs vs Phoenix...mainly because I was there, and it is without a doubt the most visceral, emotional sports moment I've ever witnessed in person.

The obvious ones from the Showtime and Kobe/Shaq eras are all great of course. I'd have to say either 1985, Horry For The Win or Game 7 2010 was the single greatest moment from all those. Late in the third period of Game 7 2010, I literally began wondering if I would still be alive by the time the game ended.

Coop hitting the game winner in Game 5 at The Forum, 1988 playoffs vs Utah, series tied 2-2, is one of the more underrated ones.

My childhood hero was Jerry West, and the shot I remember most was the dagger he hit in OT, MSG, Game 4 1972 Finals vs Knicks...he was finally on the doorstep of that championship. But also just fond memories of seeing him play on TV, and seeing him play in person when the Lakers would come to Baltimore.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Eddie Jones dunks on Shawn Bradley twice in front of his home crowd.

Derek Fisher, posterized the Boston Celtics with a layup in 2010 that was defended by Kevin Garnett, Glen Davis, and Ray Allen. And-1.

Kobe Bryant, leaked out after a missed free throw, around the back, reverse 270* poster on Vincent Yarbrough.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Laker Lover
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Game 4 WCF 2002 Horry for 3.

I never went more nuts over that win and probably never will.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Van Exel's deep three against SA in the 1995 playoffs to tie it. He's got so many good highlights but that deep three from off corner of the key.....never forget it

Kobe's lob to Shaq in the WCF against Portland, we were watching it on TV in a swanky restaurant bar in OC, everyone was just going crazy, never seen people in a conservative place like that just going nuts, just added to the moment.

and Bynum's three from the top of the key (Not as good as Nicks), not much to smile about during that season, watching the Mike Brown Lakers was like pulling teeth, but Bynum's three just came out of nowhere, and his subsequent benching and him laughing, just gave us a good laugh. I know its not proper what he did, , but still funny
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Eddie Jones dunks on Shawn Bradley twice in front of his home crowd.

Derek Fisher, posterized the Boston Celtics with a layup in 2010 that was defended by Kevin Garnett, Glen Davis, and Ray Allen. And-1.

Kobe Bryant, leaked out after a missed free throw, around the back, reverse 270* poster on Vincent Yarbrough.

That was beautiful
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
There are so many...

But selfishly today I'll pick Game 4, 2006 playoffs vs Phoenix...mainly because I was there, and it is without a doubt the most visceral, emotional sports moment I've ever witnessed in person.

The obvious ones from the Showtime and Kobe/Shaq eras are all great of course. I'd have to say either 1985, Horry For The Win or Game 7 2010 was the single greatest moment from all those. Late in the third period of Game 7 2010, I literally began wondering if I would still be alive by the time the game ended.

Coop hitting the game winner in Game 5 at The Forum, 1988 playoffs vs Utah, series tied 2-2, is one of the more underrated ones.

My childhood hero was Jerry West, and the shot I remember most was the dagger he hit in OT, MSG, Game 4 1972 Finals vs Knicks...he was finally on the doorstep of that championship. But also just fond memories of seeing him play on TV, and seeing him play in person when the Lakers would come to Baltimore.

Yep, me too.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks everyone, for taking time out to ring in here with your feel-good images. Gotta say every single one hit home for me too.

Go Lakers
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
Van Exel's last second crazy turn around game winning 3 against the Celtic's at the Garden. Right after those bastards cheated and took the lead.

Del stomping and pointing to the floor apparently saying, "That's right! We OWN this!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: