Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Damn, Monty was a female?

Inside scoop: The culprit, a 3rd year, has the same name as my 4th year classmate. When this story broke I got a flurry of texts expressing shock and disgust and "I can't believe she would do this! I just paid for dinner with her yesterday!", etc. Naturally, most of her shipmates bombarded her with phone calls and texts to which she didn't respond for at least a day so they/we all assumed the story was true and continued to damn her soul. Then the police released the info that it was some other Nguyen. Turns out the innocent Nguyen was in bed sick all day. She immediately took to her own defense when she found out.

Innocent: https://www.facebook.com/virginia.nguyen.52?fref=ts

Guilty: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/12/article-2753806-214FCC0300000578-852_634x629.jpg

I've actually crossed paths with the evil Nguyen on several occasions. Once at a Geffen mixer at Busby's east (this is a UCLA joint) and a few times both on campus and in Reagan. Everytime, she came off as a self-absorbed C.

I think I need to change my name to Virginia Nguyen. They must love this name or something.

It sounds like a Nguyen-Nguyen situation

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
nickuku wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Inside scoop: The culprit, a 3rd year, has the same name as my 4th year classmate. When this story broke I got a flurry of texts expressing shock and disgust and "I can't believe she would do this! I just paid for dinner with her yesterday!", etc. Naturally, most of her shipmates bombarded her with phone calls and texts to which she didn't respond for at least a day so they/we all assumed the story was true and continued to damn her soul. Then the police released the info that it was some other Nguyen. Turns out the innocent Nguyen was in bed sick all day. She immediately took to her own defense when she found out.

Guilty: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/12/article-2753806-214FCC0300000578-852_634x629.jpg

I've actually crossed paths with the evil Nguyen on several occasions. Once at a Geffen mixer at Busby's east (this is a UCLA joint) and a few times both on campus and in Reagan. Everytime, she came off as a self-absorbed C.

I think I need to change my name to Virginia Nguyen. They must love this name or something.

90% of the vietnamese population has the last name tran or nguyen

The Nguyen part isn't interesting...there are a hundred Nguyens in the program. The interesting part is that two of them are named Virginia.

Even more interesting is she doesn't own a dress, her hair is always a mess & her timing is quite unusual. She only drinks coffee at midnight, and when the moment is just right; you catch her stealin' but she won't confess. Her confidence was tragic, and her intuition not so magic. And the shape of her body? Unusual

Meet Virginia....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
oddjohn
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Wow wtf, how low can you go? Stealing (bleep) from a dying person. No medical license for you anymore. Kiss your career goodbye! I can't believe a student from our school did this to somebody. What would she do to somebody when she became a physician?
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

No nguyen situation for now.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject:

SP_Fever wrote:
came in here expecting UCLA student suspect; op delivered.

Fixed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Will she be allowed to graduate and become a doctor?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Will she be allowed to graduate and become a doctor?

nah.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I've asked some variant of this question so many times throughout my life and received all sorts of answers, but I will ask it once more:

How the (bleep) do people like this even get into a top medical school to begin with?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject:

There's unprincipled scum in every profession, Candy.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

And top achievers are not immune to it. There's even a correlation between high achievers and sociopathy.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I've asked some variant of this question so many times throughout my life and received all sorts of answers, but I will ask it once more:

How the (bleep) do people like this even get into a top medical school to begin with?

I have seen a lot of weird people in medical school. Years of relative isolation and sacrificing so much of their social life, I'm actually surprised there aren't more of these incidents.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

And top achievers are not immune to it. There's even a correlation between high achievers and sociopathy.

For some reason, I've always struggled to grasp the concept that intelligence and immorality are not mutually exclusive.

I don't know. Growing up, and even during high school, really, all the bullies/douchebags were all really dumb. You just didn't really see smart kids acting out or doing bad things. For some reason, this just didn't carry over in college and in the real world.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I don't know. Growing up, and even during high school, really, all the bullies/douchebags were all really dumb. You just didn't really see smart kids acting out or doing bad things. For some reason, this just didn't carry over in college and in the real world.

That's because they're smarter than the dumb bullies/douchebags you witnessed doing bad things.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
24 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

For some reason, I've always struggled to grasp the concept that intelligence and immorality are not mutually exclusive.

You are dealing with the obvious. The real, scheming evil, the kind that does the worst stuff, is generally the province of the very intelligent. Intelligence and narcisism tend to go together quite nicely.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:46 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Evil Nguyen's leaked 4chan nude pics are up. Check your PMs for the links, Dom. I hooked you up.

With this behavior, we can guess what Danny Ferry's scouting report on Virgina would be.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Haha. Had to be a guy who said, "You evil F W!" or the likes. Then he sees her again and says, "Hey, I'm sorry about that text. I had no idea." A year from now, when the poor girl meets someone in the business, they're gonna think she's the one who stole the dead woman's ipad.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dominator wrote:
rwongega wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Evil Nguyen's leaked 4chan nude pics are up. Check your PMs for the links, Dom. I hooked you up.

With this behavior, we can guess what Danny Ferry's scouting report on Virgina would be.

Hey now, two wrongs don't make a right.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject:

update:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/UCLA-Medical-Student-Virginia-Nguyen-iPad-Theft-286591091.html

scumbag defense:

Quote:
She acknowledged the medical school had previously moved to dismiss her, before relenting. She contends the dismissal attempt was related to her making an accusation of sexual harassment, which was not upheld. She contends these experiences "caused me to distrust authority figures at UCLA" and that "fear of retaliation" was the reason she did not return the iPad.

Heller said that even if he accepts that as true, it still does not explain why Nguyen re-registered the iPad in her name and kept it.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
update:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/UCLA-Medical-Student-Virginia-Nguyen-iPad-Theft-286591091.html

scumbag defense:

Quote:
She acknowledged the medical school had previously moved to dismiss her, before relenting. She contends the dismissal attempt was related to her making an accusation of sexual harassment, which was not upheld. She contends these experiences "caused me to distrust authority figures at UCLA" and that "fear of retaliation" was the reason she did not return the iPad.

Heller said that even if he accepts that as true, it still does not explain why Nguyen re-registered the iPad in her name and kept it.

Joke sentence. Hope the felony stays put.

Oh btw, not that it matters anymore, but did you ever get my PM about my UCLA secondary?

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
24 wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Watch the movie "The smartest guy in the room."
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Time for her to apply to some Caribbean Medical Schools....

She's gonna get a background check when she comes back to the US, so nope, not going to work. Better that she stays out of the profession entirely.
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
update:

scumbag defense:

Quote:

Her defense makes no sense whatsoever. Clearly it was somebody else's iPad, not hers, as evidenced by her backing up the info to iCloud. The bigger question is her prior accusations against UCLA.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

I might hit it, but 5 dollars is all my mom allows me to spend.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: