Celtics G Rajon Rondo breaks hand in fall out 6-8 weeks

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Celtics G Rajon Rondo breaks hand in fall out 6-8 weeks

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/11595509/boston-celtics-point-guard-rajon-rondo-breaks-hand

Quote:
Rajon Rondo breaks hand in fall

Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo had surgery to repair a broken left hand and will miss the start of the regular season, the team announced Friday night.

The Celtics said Rondo underwent a surgical fixation of a left metacarpal fracture on Friday morning at New England Baptist Hospital after injuring himself in a fall at his home Thursday evening. A source told ESPN's Jeff Goodman that Rondo told the team he slipped in the shower.

Rondo is expected to miss six to eight weeks, leaving the Celtics without their starting point guard for the start of the season. First-round pick Marcus Smart and Phil Pressey, who started 11 games as a rookie last season, are the top backup ball-handlers currently on Boston's roster.

The injury is the latest headline surrounding Boston's captain.

On Tuesday, Celtics decision-makers, including owner Wyc Grousbeck, made clear again that they desire to keep Rondo long term. Grousbeck raised some eyebrows earlier in the week when he told a television station that Rondo is "super stubborn" and questioned how coachable the All-Star point guard is.

"It's my goal to keep Rondo here," Grousbeck said. "I think we all want that. And I actually honestly think -- he should speak for himself -- I think Rajon wants to stay, or would be very happy to stay. And we'll see how this season goes, and how the negotiations go, but he's proud to be a Celtic. I know that. He's proud to wear that [2008 title] ring and he deserved it."

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge was downright exasperated when asked yet again this week about Rondo's future in Boston.

"Are you seriously asking me that again? Yes, we expect Rajon to be in Boston for the long term," Ainge said. "Does that need to be asked any more by anybody ever again?"

Rondo has missed 95 games the past two seasons, most the result of an ACL tear in January 2013. Team officials raved about Rondo's physical shape this offseason and often repeated that they believe he is poised for the best season of his career.

Rondo is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2014-15 season.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Celtics G Rajon Rondo breaks hand in fall out 6-8 weeks

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/515900661645733888

It was the shower, it was the shower, it was the shower, drown out all noise
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Celtics G Rajon Rondo breaks hand in fall out 6-8 weeks

Telleris wrote:
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/515900661645733888

It was the shower, it was the shower, it was the shower, drown out all noise

Yeah, most common metacarpal fracture by far, especially in his age group is a "Boxer's" fracture. I'd bet Rajon hit a wall in anger.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

Celtics aren't even waiting for the season to start before tanking.

Jeff Green will probably go down with season ending injury during Media Day.

At least Marcus Smart will get to show what he can do right away.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject:

He's just really not trying to play for that sorry squad this year folks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
He's just really not trying to play for that sorry squad this year folks

we should trade for him

he might perform well under Byron and Kobe. during playoffs he usually brings it. In 2010 he was the only reason the score was close. remember his 3 point shot?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject:

Dude is done, let him rot away in Boston
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject:

jeremy lin has more upside than rondo does at this point--fact. would not trade for him.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject:

Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject:

Rondo seems to only turn up for national games, fortunately for his teams, he keeps that going all the way through the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: