2014 Fantasy Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
One of my leagues, no joke, I have won, lost, lost on last plays the last 3 weeks. My two losses, total of 3 points.

I am 0-4 with my largest deficit being 9 points. I should fire myself.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Okay guys, a little help here. I just dropped Larry Fitzgerald after holding out hope because he's been absolutely unproductive this year. I have Vincent Jackson, Brian Quick, Michael Floyd, and Andre Johnson (who has also been unproductive for me thus far). Who would you guys start?

Thankfully I have Josh Gordon stashed for when he comes back, so hopefully I won't be hurting as much at that point. To round out my squad I have Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Adam Vinateri, and either the Giants or Patriots defense (which has also been unproductive after a great start) starting. I just dropped Gates after taking my charger homer glasses off, he's just way too up and down. I have Zach Ertz and Dwyane Allen, so I guess Tight End is another weak spot. Might go with allen this week. Who would y'all start for the D though?

Thanks. I'm sitting at 3-1 right now, after last week was a brutal week in terms of bye weeks.

How many of those WRs do you have to start? Here's how I'd rank them based on week 5 matchups.

Vincent Jackson
Michael Floyd
Andre Johnson (if healthy, keep an eye, he missed practice today)
Brian Quick
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

fwiw, I have Floyd on my bench in favor of Demaryius Thomas and Antonio Brown. I'm debating on whether or not to use Floyd or Julio Jones at the Flex spot.

at RB I need to start either Jeremy Hill, Khiry Robinson, Sproles or J. Forsett. (alongside L. Bell) Leaning towards Hill, but as a Rams fan I am biased against Sproles this week. Not to mention the last 2 weeks he's hurt me.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
fwiw, I have Floyd on my bench in favor of Demaryius Thomas and Antonio Brown. I'm debating on whether or not to use Floyd or Julio Jones at the Flex spot.

at RB I need to start either Jeremy Hill, Khiry Robinson, Sproles or J. Forsett. (alongside L. Bell) Leaning towards Hill, but as a Rams fan I am biased against Sproles this week. Not to mention the last 2 weeks he's hurt me.

Dude. You have to start Julio Jones over Michael freakin Floyd cmon! It doesn't even matter what the outcome is.

For your RBs, there is only one viable option. Khiry Robinson. He's the starting RB and the RB on all downs not passing downs AND he's their goal line back.
LADYNASTY
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Need your guys advice on a trade proposal.

Someone in my league has offered me the following:

Arian Foster
Rob Gronkowski
Wes Welker
Josh Gordon

for

Le'Veon Bell
Victor Cruz.

The rest of my team consists of
Matt Ryan
Cobb, Ty Hilton, Terrance Williams, Cruz
Forte, Murray, Bell, Jeremy Hill
Witten, Niles Paul

Should I do it?
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Okay guys, a little help here. I just dropped Larry Fitzgerald after holding out hope because he's been absolutely unproductive this year. I have Vincent Jackson, Brian Quick, Michael Floyd, and Andre Johnson (who has also been unproductive for me thus far). Who would you guys start?

Thankfully I have Josh Gordon stashed for when he comes back, so hopefully I won't be hurting as much at that point. To round out my squad I have Peyton Manning, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, Adam Vinateri, and either the Giants or Patriots defense (which has also been unproductive after a great start) starting. I just dropped Gates after taking my charger homer glasses off, he's just way too up and down. I have Zach Ertz and Dwyane Allen, so I guess Tight End is another weak spot. Might go with allen this week. Who would y'all start for the D though?

Thanks. I'm sitting at 3-1 right now, after last week was a brutal week in terms of bye weeks.

How many of those WRs do you have to start? Here's how I'd rank them based on week 5 matchups.

Vincent Jackson
Michael Floyd
Brian Quick
Just two. Yeah I saw that he was listed as questionable, thanks for the heads up. I'm set on Jackson, but everyone has been raving about Quick so I'm kinda stuck on whether or not I should test him out instead of Floyd.

And agreed, Julio Jones is a starter every damn week regardless of who his team is up against.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Vincent Jackson
Michael Floyd
Brian Quick
Just two. Yeah I saw that he was listed as questionable, thanks for the heads up. I'm set on Jackson, but everyone has been raving about Quick so I'm kinda stuck on whether or not I should test him out instead of Floyd.

And agreed, Julio Jones is a starter every damn week regardless of who his team is up against.

Haha, yeah, I get stuck wanting to play the upside guys. Here's kinda how I go through it logically speaking. I pretend I play each of the two guys and assume that the other guy had the better week. Then I ask myself, what would piss me off more?

I know I would be a lot more pissed off not playing the #1 receiver in a pass happy offense with no true RB that's going to get 20+ carries. And, I'd consider Arizona will be playing from behind most likely against Denver, and it'll probably be a shootout. I know I'd be banging my head against the wall if I played a FA pickup that is still available in about 57% of leagues and tell myself I over thought it. At least if you go with Floyd and you miss because Quick had a better game, you can justify it and say ok, I made the right play it just didn't pan out.

I'll tell you, the one thing that has me nervous about Floyd is Drew Stanton instead of Carson Palmer. But, man, of course Stanton had to have a good outing last time just to complicate things right?

And then there is Andre Johnson who should be the shoe-in at #2, but hasn't scored a TD yet and there is this lingering thought that against Dallas' terrible secondary, he's GOT to score! Hahaha.

I would just play the guy who, if the other guys do better, it would piss you off the least. Haha.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LADYNASTY wrote:

Arian Foster
Rob Gronkowski
Wes Welker
Josh Gordon

for

Le'Veon Bell
Victor Cruz.

Matt Ryan
Witten, Niles Paul

Should I do it?
I don't know if it makes your team better, it might be a wash. Arian Foster hasn't been doing too hot lately and the Patriots look like complete garbage. The thing is Bell looked pretty mediocre in the last week so that might be a sign of what's to come from him too...I would only do it if you're doing well in the standings and are willing to stash Josh Gordon. Cruz to welker is a downgrade, and bell and foster might be a wash. Gronk will still put up some points, but who knows if that will be enough to make it worth losing Cruz.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject:

LADYNASTY wrote:

Arian Foster
Rob Gronkowski
Wes Welker
Josh Gordon

for

Le'Veon Bell
Victor Cruz.

Matt Ryan
Witten, Niles Paul

Should I do it?

I wouldn't. Love me some Leveon Bell and the two guys you're trading for (Foster/Gronk) are injured or injury prone.

Generally speaking, I hate to be on the side of a trade where I'm taking back more than I am getting because that usually means the person is trying to hand you volume over talent.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Vincent Jackson
Michael Floyd
Brian Quick

Haha, yeah, I get stuck wanting to play the upside guys. Here's kinda how I go through it logically speaking. I pretend I play each of the two guys and assume that the other guy had the better week. Then I ask myself, what would piss me off more?

I know I would be a lot more pissed off not playing the #1 receiver in a pass happy offense with no true RB that's going to get 20+ carries. And, I'd consider Arizona will be playing from behind most likely against Denver, and it'll probably be a shootout. I know I'd be banging my head against the wall if I played a FA pickup that is still available in about 57% of leagues and tell myself I over thought it. At least if you go with Floyd and you miss because Quick had a better game, you can justify it and say ok, I made the right play it just didn't pan out.

I'll tell you, the one thing that has me nervous about Floyd is Drew Stanton instead of Carson Palmer. But, man, of course Stanton had to have a good outing last time just to complicate things right?

And then there is Andre Johnson who should be the shoe-in at #2, but hasn't scored a TD yet and there is this lingering thought that against Dallas' terrible secondary, he's GOT to score! Hahaha.

I would just play the guy who, if the other guys do better, it would piss you off the least. Haha.

That actually sounds like a great idea And who knows, if Quick keeps performing then he'll earn his spot. If Palmer was playing it would be an easy choice...I'm gonna be ridiculously frustrated if Johnson gets into the end zone when I finally bench him.

The angriest I've been yet is benching Antonio Gates against the Seahawks, because he scored like 3 TDs. I decided not to do something dumb like that again and started Gates the past two weeks only to get a combined like four points. Cut him because I know I'll be tempted to play him after every good game he has lol
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Vincent Jackson
Michael Floyd
Brian Quick

That actually sounds like a great idea And who knows, if Quick keeps performing then he'll earn his spot. If Palmer was playing it would be an easy choice...I'm gonna be ridiculously frustrated if Johnson gets into the end zone when I finally bench him.

The angriest I've been yet is benching Antonio Gates against the Seahawks, because he scored like 3 TDs. I decided not to do something dumb like that again and started Gates the past two weeks only to get a combined like four points. Cut him because I know I'll be tempted to play him after every good game he has lol

Yeah, I've just been burned more than rewarded for playing the hot flavor of the week. If the matchups dictate it, do it. If they don't, always play your studs. You don't want to be the guy who overthought Marshall's ankle injury only to watch him catch 3 TDs! Haha.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

By the way, you DEFINITELY don't want to be Larry Donnell.

He benched himself in his own fantasy league and had a 3 TD week. Now THAT really hurts!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11623709/new-york-giants-tight-end-larry-donnell-loses-fantasy-matchup-benching-himself
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

man i really appreciate everyone here chiming in with their advice...its definitely helped me at times!!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
LADYNASTY wrote:

Arian Foster
Rob Gronkowski
Wes Welker
Josh Gordon

for

Le'Veon Bell
Victor Cruz.

Matt Ryan
Witten, Niles Paul

Should I do it?
I don't know if it makes your team better, it might be a wash. Arian Foster hasn't been doing too hot lately and the Patriots look like complete garbage. The thing is Bell looked pretty mediocre in the last week so that might be a sign of what's to come from him too...I would only do it if you're doing well in the standings and are willing to stash Josh Gordon. Cruz to welker is a downgrade, and bell and foster might be a wash. Gronk will still put up some points, but who knows if that will be enough to make it worth losing Cruz.

In bell's worst weeks, he has put up over 100 yards combined. Do not trade him because he will arguably be the best RB in fantasy by the end of the season. This is a bad trade because you're trading two consistent #1 options for injury prone, injured, or washed up players.

Edit:
Full disclosure: I traded alshon jeffery for bell in week 3, and I have not regretted that trade one bit.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

Ringfinger:

Should I trade McCoy for Julius Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders or Julius Thomas/Moreno

My other RB's are: Morris, Crowell and Hill
My TE: Cameron, Gates
WR: Hilton, Brown, Boldin

I lean towards no on both trades; I think McCoy will bounce back (his line will get better) and don't think the slight improvement at TE/WR is worth the loss of a potential #1 guy (plus, it is a keeper league, and I can sit on McCoy for a while).
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

LADYNASTY wrote:

Arian Foster
Rob Gronkowski
Wes Welker
Josh Gordon

for

Le'Veon Bell
Victor Cruz.

Matt Ryan
Witten, Niles Paul

Should I do it?

No way.

Arian Foster - injury bug seems to follow this guy the past 2 years. Not a real area of need for you. You could use some WR help.

Gronk - He's on my team, but I can't say he's back to his old self. He's been on a snap count so far, but he's workload is increasing. He could be on rise.

Welker - Good, but he's always one hit away from from being out of the league with his concussion history. Emanuel Sanders will cut into his time as well. I don't feel confident in him.

Gordon - Great talent, but suspended until week 12 right? You could be out of the playoff hunt by the time he's able to play. Calculated risk. And who's confident he'll keep his nose clean for another 7 weeks lol?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

I have wideouts:

AJ Green @ NE
Victor Cruz vs ATL
Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI
Brandin Cooks vs TB
Brian Quick @ PHI
Deandre Hopkins @ DAL

I'm going with green & cruz for sure. and i am thinking about going with Benjamin for my third. But Cooks going against tampa...idk if i should play him instead...Quick is supposed to have a good game too..

idk, what you think?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Ringfinger:

Should I trade McCoy for Julius Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders or Julius Thomas/Moreno

I lean towards no on both trades; I think McCoy will bounce back (his line will get better) and don't think the slight improvement at TE/WR is worth the loss of a potential #1 guy (plus, it is a keeper league, and I can sit on McCoy for a while).

I wouldn't do it.

Every down backs in a run-heavy offense are supremely rare. And if you're in a PPR league, a pass catching back like McCoy is critical. McCoy is 26. He's got plenty of football left in him. May not have even had his best season yet!

I love me some Julius Thomas, but Denver has a ton of weapons. Look at Demaryius Thomas this year. A sure fire first round pick putting up fewer fantasy PPG than TY Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Percy Harvin, Miles Austin, etc. Even Julius Thomas has only 56 yards combined in his past two games (but had TDs to make up for it).

I think it's one of those things where you'll feel a lot better losing knowing you had McCoy and Morris as your RBs and likely had one of the best RB combos in your league, then you will going with Morris and a backup.

If you had big time RB depth, I think it would make more sense to overpay for an elite TE but you will take a massive hit at RB for a marginal upgrade at TE IMO.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Ringfinger:

I wouldn't do it.

Every down backs in a run-heavy offense are supremely rare. And if you're in a PPR league, a pass catching back like McCoy is critical. McCoy is 26. He's got plenty of football left in him. May not have even had his best season yet!

I love me some Julius Thomas, but Denver has a ton of weapons. Look at Demaryius Thomas this year. A sure fire first round pick putting up fewer fantasy PPG than TY Hilton, Brandin Cooks, Percy Harvin, Miles Austin, etc. Even Julius Thomas has only 56 yards combined in his past two games (but had TDs to make up for it).

I think it's one of those things where you'll feel a lot better losing knowing you had McCoy and Morris as your RBs and likely had one of the best RB combos in your league, then you will going with Morris and a backup.

If you had big time RB depth, I think it would make more sense to overpay for an elite TE but you will take a massive hit at RB for a marginal upgrade at TE IMO.

Way too early to give up on McCoy IMO, he's the type of guy that could get his stuff together in a flash and be way better. Important point to note with him: Eagles get OT Lane Johnson back this week, could spark their run game a bit.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
I have wideouts:

AJ Green @ NE
Victor Cruz vs ATL
Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI
Brandin Cooks vs TB
Brian Quick @ PHI
Deandre Hopkins @ DAL

I'm going with green & cruz for sure. and i am thinking about going with Benjamin for my third. But Cooks going against tampa...idk if i should play him instead...Quick is supposed to have a good game too..

idk, what you think?

You've got some good WRs. I'd play them in this order:

Green
Benjamin
Cruz
Hopkins
Cooks
Quick

Green is a must-start any week any matchup.

I'm picking Kelvin Benjamin here because CAR defense sucks, they'll probably fall behind, have to throw, and plus they have absolutely no running backs (DWill, JStew, and Tolbert all out). KBen is the #1 option with no other true WR threats to steal targets from him. He is a lock for 7-10 target against a crappy CHI secondary.

Cruz. If the Giants had been good consistently for 5-6 weeks, I might put him at the #2 spot but it's really been like 1.5 games or so they've been "back". But they'll be in a shootout at home against ATL. I wouldn't blame you for playing Cruz over Benjamin. But Eli loves him some Larry Donnell in the red zone so Cruz is more of that deep ball play.

Hopkins gets the nod here because he's had 3 TDs in 4 games and seems to be the red zone target for the Fitz. Plus, Houston will be trailing so this will be quite the shoot out and Houston will have to win through the air with Foster hobbled.

Cooks gets the edge over Quick because he has a much better QB. But the Saints also have multiple weapons to go to through the air. But if I had to choose, I lean towards the team with the better QB generally speaking.

All said, this is my best advice. Play the guys who would piss you off the least if you were wrong. It's one thing to have played Calvin Johnson last week when he put up 12 yards on 2 catches and lose. It'll be another thing to bench him this week in favor or say, Jerious Wright only to have Megatron go off, right?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
I have wideouts:

AJ Green @ NE
Victor Cruz vs ATL
Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI
Brandin Cooks vs TB
Brian Quick @ PHI
Deandre Hopkins @ DAL

idk, what you think?

Green
Benjamin
Cruz
Hopkins
Cooks
Quick

I'm picking Kelvin Benjamin here because CAR defense sucks, they'll probably fall behind, have to throw, and plus they have absolutely no running backs (DWill, JStew, and Tolbert all out). KBen is the #1 option with no other true WR threats to steal targets from him. He is a lock for 7-10 target against a crappy CHI secondary.

Cruz. If the Giants had been good consistently for 5-6 weeks, I might put him at the #2 spot but it's really been like 1.5 games or so they've been "back". But they'll be in a shootout at home against ATL. I wouldn't blame you for playing Cruz over Benjamin. But Eli loves him some Larry Donnell in the red zone so Cruz is more of that deep ball play.

Hopkins gets the nod here because he's had 3 TDs in 4 games and seems to be the red zone target for the Fitz. Plus, Houston will be trailing so this will be quite the shoot out and Houston will have to win through the air with Foster hobbled.

Cooks gets the edge over Quick because he has a much better QB. But the Saints also have multiple weapons to go to through the air. But if I had to choose, I lean towards the team with the better QB generally speaking.

All said, this is my best advice. Play the guys who would piss you off the least if you were wrong. It's one thing to have played Calvin Johnson last week when he put up 12 yards on 2 catches and lose. It'll be another thing to bench him this week in favor or say, Jerious Wright only to have Megatron go off, right?

thanks man! thats actually how i had it too. green/cruz/kelvin. and i still have jordan mathews who i think is giong to do good in phillie with foles..

i think its time to dump a couple receivers for a solid RB..all i got is lynch asiata and vereen..
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Ringfinger:

I wouldn't do it.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head, especially with the bolded.

'preciate it!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
I have wideouts:

AJ Green @ NE
Victor Cruz vs ATL
Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI
Brandin Cooks vs TB
Brian Quick @ PHI
Deandre Hopkins @ DAL

idk, what you think?

Green
Benjamin
Cruz
Hopkins
Cooks
Quick

thanks man! thats actually how i had it too. green/cruz/kelvin. and i still have jordan mathews who i think is giong to do good in phillie with foles..

i think its time to dump a couple receivers for a solid RB..all i got is lynch asiata and vereen..

I like Jordan Matthews too. Drafted him in 2 of my 4 leagues (only one I didn't were both 10-teamers).

Problem with him is that he's not playing enough snaps. I think he'll be really good once that demote Cooper or either Cooper/Maclin get hurt. Until them, he'll be a boom or bust WR4.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Ringfinger:

I wouldn't do it.

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head, especially with the bolded.

'preciate it!

NP! Some people think that's a loser's mentality. But that's the way I justify playing the smart money.

The smart money says always play the proven commodity over the hot new thing, but, sometimes, that is really hard to do. And it always seems like whenever you don't do that, they come back to remind you why they are the proven commodity. It never fails! haha.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject:

My second team had Lacy play last night, finally he had a good game, 25.2 big ones.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15
Jump to: