Kobe Throws down Hammer Dunk through traffic at Practice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Kobe's just warming up. The haters will be quiet soon.

Nah, at this stage of his career, kobe shows us what he's got in the preseason. That's when the goat's put on a show.

Not when he's working himself back...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
golaker wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Kobe's just warming up. The haters will be quiet soon.

Nah, at this stage of his career, kobe shows us what he's got in the preseason. That's when the goat's put on a show.

Not when he's working himself back...

Yeah, I buy that. I think it's very plausible he's just working his way back.

But until I see him back to being Kobe, for me, I have to assume he'll be slowed like every other achilles tear victim.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
zePokar wrote:
He attacked the rim a little bit but the defenders were mostly all over him. It feels like a struggle to get to the basket for him atm.

But who knows where he's at right now physically with the tough Byron's practices. The goal might be to have him 100% in November.

Yes. To me, that is when Kobe is Kobe. I hate to SMH at those saying peopel would eat crow because he made 4 slow turning fallaway jumpers in the preseason opener.

If he's not attacking that basket like he used to, then he isn't Kobe. I agree. If he's going to get there, it'll take time. Those who thought and said that he would come out of the gates firing were wrong.

Last two games 26.5/5/5 on 29.5 min/gm

He didn't look like himself though right? Admittedly, I didn't see the 5th game last night but in the other 4 games he just didn't look like the 2012 Kobe to me. Still think he can get there, just not convinced he is there yet.

Would be awesome though if we could play Utah 82 times at home. Then we'd have 41 wins! Haha.

Still sticking to my 20-22, 5 and 4 projection on 43%-44% shooting over the course of a long 82 game season.

That's not the point. You're creating a shifting target. I've gone on record as saying that Kobe will be a 25/5/5 player this year and you've said and many others have said that he will not. They site all sorts of reasons. I've shown that in less than 30 minutes a game over the past two games Kobe is better than 25/5/5. You don't believe that he can keep it up, I say he's not even rounded into shape yet and that he will be at those numbers. One of us will be wrong. It won't be me.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
zePokar wrote:
He attacked the rim a little bit but the defenders were mostly all over him. It feels like a struggle to get to the basket for him atm.

But who knows where he's at right now physically with the tough Byron's practices. The goal might be to have him 100% in November.

Yes. To me, that is when Kobe is Kobe. I hate to SMH at those saying peopel would eat crow because he made 4 slow turning fallaway jumpers in the preseason opener.

If he's not attacking that basket like he used to, then he isn't Kobe. I agree. If he's going to get there, it'll take time. Those who thought and said that he would come out of the gates firing were wrong.

He didn't look like himself though right? Admittedly, I didn't see the 5th game last night but in the other 4 games he just didn't look like the 2012 Kobe to me. Still think he can get there, just not convinced he is there yet.

Would be awesome though if we could play Utah 82 times at home. Then we'd have 41 wins! Haha.

Still sticking to my 20-22, 5 and 4 projection on 43%-44% shooting over the course of a long 82 game season.

That's not the point. You're creating a shifting target. I've gone on record as saying that Kobe will be a 25/5/5 player this year and you've said and many others have said that he will not. They site all sorts of reasons. I've shown that in less than 30 minutes a game over the past two games Kobe is better than 25/5/5. You don't believe that he can keep it up, I say he's not even rounded into shape yet and that he will be at those numbers. One of us will be wrong. It won't be me.

Well for me that is the point. Because I don't believe he can put up those numbers on those types of shots over an 82 game season. He'll certainly have his days though.

He's going to have to go to the hole on a regular basis to get the FTs and high percentage shots to get there.

Not to mention, he's only ever had two seasons with 5 rebs and no seasons with 25/5/5 without playing around 38 mins/game.

Just curious -- how many minutes do you think he'll play on average? I've got him pegged for 30-32.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I have Kobe at 34 mog and 24 ppg +/-. About his career average per minute.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Do you predict Kobe being top 10 player again or in 15-20 range?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Well for me that is the point. Because I don't believe he can put up those numbers on those types of shots over an 82 game season. He'll certainly have his days though.

He's going to have to go to the hole on a regular basis to get the FTs and high percentage shots to get there.

Not to mention, he's only ever had two seasons with 5 rebs and no seasons with 25/5/5 without playing around 38 mins/game.

Just curious -- how many minutes do you think he'll play on average? I've got him pegged for 30-32.

35/25/5/5
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
24 wrote:

Hes top 25 to me, where depends on how may games he can play.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
24 wrote:

Well if Kobe averages those numbers and stays injury free he would easy be higher than top 25
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I think he will need to log at least 33 mpg for the Lakers to have a chance in any game. With Nick out in the early going, even more.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
24 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
24 wrote:

Well if Kobe averages those numbers and stays injury free he would easy be higher than top 25
thats my point. The games played matter. If he averages that in 50 games, it is a whole lot different than doing it in 75.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
24 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
24 wrote:

thats my point. The games played matter. If he averages that in 50 games, it is a whole lot different than doing it in 75.

Okay fair enough.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject:

Kobe might have averaged 25 over the last two games (against the Jazz), but he also shot 37% between them.

Hell, thinking about it. Kobe should easily average 25. You know he wants to prove his doubters wrong, and the way he'll do that (in his mind) will be averaging the same amount of points he always did. The Haberstrohs and Peltons and Abbotts at ESPN will write the inevitable "Kobe is scoring like his old self but not with the same efficiency" articles, but what will that matter to him? There's no more mouths to feed on the Lakers. Pau is gone. There's no more Bynum or Dwight demanding touches down low to motivate them defensively. Are Lin and Boozer going to get in Kobe's face about passing the rock? Heeeelllllll no. Add all the losing they'll be doing and Kobe shifting into "it's me against the world" mode, this might be his best scoring season ever!

Damn, I wish my gambling site would throw up scoring title odds already. Kobe is at +2500 according to some other sites. I'd be ALL over that bet.
Umbanana
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
zePokar wrote:

You hadn’t watched game 5 so you didn’t notice the difference is that Kobe started driving to the rim in that game. It wasn’t as effective as in 2012 but still created some problems to the Jazz’s defense.

This also shows that he is still testing on what his body can do and makes me believe he’ll get better and his numbers will improve as the season goes.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Kobe might have averaged 25 over the last two games (against the Jazz), but he also shot 37% between them.

Hell, thinking about it. Kobe should easily average 25. You know he wants to prove his doubters wrong, and the way he'll do that (in his mind) will be averaging the same amount of points he always did. The Haberstrohs and Peltons and Abbotts at ESPN will write the inevitable "Kobe is scoring like his old self but not with the same efficiency" articles, but what will that matter to him? There's no more mouths to feed on the Lakers. Pau is gone. There's no more Bynum or Dwight demanding touches down low to motivate them defensively. Are Lin and Boozer going to get in Kobe's face about passing the rock? Heeeelllllll no. Add all the losing they'll be doing and Kobe shifting into "it's me against the world" mode, this might be his best scoring season ever!

Damn, I wish my gambling site would throw up scoring title odds already. Kobe is at +2500 according to some other sites. I'd be ALL over that bet.

Pretty much sums up the season. I laugh at the people who expect kobe to be more of a passer this season. He'll jack it up as much as he ever has before. The only thing left on the plate for Kobe is bolstering up his career point total. There's absolutely nothing else left to play for with this squad.

Fire away kobe!
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

Oddly enough, Kobe would be need to average 81.55 ~ 82 pts a game for this season to beat Kareem's career point total.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

35/25/5/5

Well, we're really not that far off. I've got him pegged at 30-32 mins.

So we're pretty close, it's just a factor of mins. I'm at 20-22, let's just say 4.5, 4.5 on 43%-44% shooting.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

I predict 18.4-23.7 ppg, 3.9-5.6rpg and 3.6-5.4apg on oh well let's just throw out a cool 41.3- 46.7% shooting on 29.7mpg to 36.5mpg.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
I predict 18.4-23.7 ppg, 3.9-5.6rpg and 3.6-5.4apg on oh well let's just throw out a cool 41.3- 46.7% shooting on 29.7mpg to 36.5mpg.

That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!

Those are some massive ranges.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

What's Kobe's pre-season compiled stats (not that it matters, but just curious) so far?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

Some need to stop like Kobe isn't going to want to pass the ball.

Kobe is the NBA's all time assist leader that wasn't a point guard. This trivial is he gonna be ok with Lin passing the ball etc is trivial.

Kobe wants to play off ball, wants to be an actual 2, wants to not be the "do everything" and doesn't want to have to create and do everything from the top of the key. That's why the Lakers got Chris Paul, to try to take the pressure off of Kobe needing to handle the ball so much and do everything, that's why they got Sessions, that's why they got Steve Nash, that's why they got Kendall Marshall, that's why they got Jeremy Lin.

The Lakers plan for the past 4 years has been to get a point guard that will take the pressure off Kobe and can allopw him to play off ball like a 2 and Kobe embraces that and has even said this season not to expect him to do a lot of ball handling at the top of the key and such, it'd be pointless, he said that playing of ball conserves his legs and allows him to pick and choose easier and have more in the tank to both play defense and other things.

Kobe's not gonna stop Lin from pasisng cause it means he'd be off ball, Kobe WANTS to be off ball at this point in his career. He has said it thousands of times before and idk what more he has to do if some fans or critics aren't gonna listen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Pretty much sums up the season. I laugh at the people who expect kobe to be more of a passer this season. He'll jack it up as much as he ever has before. The only thing left on the plate for Kobe is bolstering up his career point total. There's absolutely nothing else left to play for with this squad.

Fire away kobe!

I'm guessing Kobe thinks about the exact opposite of you.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What's Kobe's pre-season compiled stats (not that it matters, but just curious) so far?

Through first 5 games....

25:21 MPG
17.4 PPG
37% FG
2.8 REB
4.4 AST
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

He's gonna put up 24ppg/4rpg/4apg/43fg%/32mpg/70 games played
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
golaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Fire away kobe!

I'm guessing Kobe thinks about the exact opposite of you.

I'll remember you said that.

For the record, I'm not saying he'll be any less of a passer than he was before. I just laugh at the idea of him toning it down with 2 years left. He's said it before himself, he's going out "firing bullets". I don't think by bullets he meant very fast passes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: