We need a big that tries to score inside
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I'd say Ed Davis is about 10-15 pounds away from a deandre jordan type center in playstyle. Wouldn't say Ibaka cause his mid range isn't gonna be counted on that much. But the way he goes for rebounds in addition to his athleticism and rim protection, I'd say his playstyle is closer to Deandre's than Serge's.

However that's about 10-15 pounds away too.

What I do like about Davis right now is that he's taking those Worthy footwork lessons to heart, everytime I see him use one of those moves in the post or to seal I get a smile on my face.

I'm a huge fan of Davis considering his cost and age as you can see from the thread I started. However, no amount of weight loss is going to make his game anyting close to DJ in terms of playstyle. DJ is almost all freakish athleticism.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:
I'd say Ed Davis is about 10-15 pounds away from a deandre jordan type center in playstyle. Wouldn't say Ibaka cause his mid range isn't gonna be counted on that much. But the way he goes for rebounds in addition to his athleticism and rim protection, I'd say his playstyle is closer to Deandre's than Serge's.

What I do like about Davis right now is that he's taking those Worthy footwork lessons to heart, everytime I see him use one of those moves in the post or to seal I get a smile on my face.

I'm a huge fan of Davis considering his cost and age as you can see from the thread I started. However, no amount of weight loss is going to make his game anyting close to DJ in terms of playstyle. DJ is almost all freakish athleticism.

Ok then 150 pounds away from being Shaq.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
MJST wrote:

I'm pretty sure he meant add 10-15 pounds of muscle so he can body up harder. Losing weight is usually bad for an NBA big since most of them are pretty low body fat already
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Ed Davis would have to grow two inches taller and gain like 30 lbs to be DeAndre Jordan.

Right now I just want him to get more tan 16 minutes per game and closer to 25-30...
sammo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Asik would be great if we can convince him to leave NO.

lots to like about this gentlemen who becomes free agent next season:

rebounds like a beast, commits to setting picks, and league's top 3 defensive center imo. has somewhat of awkward hands, but not enough to be a liability. with omer on the floor, rockets were top 10 defensive team 2012-13. with him off, they were on the bottom.

durability not an issue either, although he had a stint where he removed himself from playing probably due in part to boycotting his position to howard. in 2012-13 i believe he played all 82 games of the season.

was overshadowed by noah and howard... wants to start, bad.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
Cup-of-noodles wrote:
diando wrote:
Pau was a big part of the team's inside presence. If we kept Pau and added Davis to start I think we'd be better off. Should have given Pau 13M per and tell Hill to choose some other team or take 6m.

Pau did not want to stay

pau would also have been a twilight contract.

mitch turned jhill into a tradable asset. 9mil expiring big is easy to move. Especially when we're looking for something similar but better.

*fingers crossed that's what happened

You do realize Hill has veto powers on trades due to his contract structure? Not as easy as people make it to trade him IMO.

you mean.. we valued hill at a steal for that much?

*looks for the P&M threads...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AshesToAshes wrote:
Cup-of-noodles wrote:
diando wrote:
Pau was a big part of the team's inside presence. If we kept Pau and added Davis to start I think we'd be better off. Should have given Pau 13M per and tell Hill to choose some other team or take 6m.

Pau did not want to stay

pau would also have been a twilight contract.

mitch turned jhill into a tradable asset. 9mil expiring big is easy to move. Especially when we're looking for something similar but better.

*fingers crossed that's what happened

You do realize Hill has veto powers on trades due to his contract structure? Not as easy as people make it to trade him IMO.

you mean.. we valued hill at a steal for that much?

*looks for the P&M threads...

??? I'm just saying that if people see Hill as a great expiring contract to trade (for a productive bench big), there are technicalities associated with his contract, which includes his veto powers. I think Hill loves living in LA, so before we trade him off to the Bucks, it's important to realize he can veto that (and he can't be traded until January 2015).
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject:

maybe we should blame kobe for this? I have already come to the conclusion that mitch kupchek was good when he could spend a lot of money. he is not a good gm in todays cap world...he and jim need to go...until that happens, the lakers will never be better. wake me when that happens.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject:

sammo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Asik would be great if we can convince him to leave NO.

lots to like about this gentlemen who becomes free agent next season:

rebounds like a beast, commits to setting picks, and league's top 3 defensive center imo. has somewhat of awkward hands, but not enough to be a liability. with omer on the floor, rockets were top 10 defensive team 2012-13. with him off, they were on the bottom.

durability not an issue either, although he had a stint where he removed himself from playing probably due in part to boycotting his position to howard. in 2012-13 i believe he played all 82 games of the season.

was overshadowed by noah and howard... wants to start, bad.

We could have just signed and traded Howard for Lin, Asik and a pick.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Ed Davis to me is a poor mans Ibaka. Ibaka was very raw when he first came into the league. Ibaka had no jumpshot and was in the game basically for energy, defense and rebounding. If Ed develops a jumpshot, he can really be a quality player in the league.

I agree. He's even built like him.

So we got Ed Davis that's like our ibaka
Xavier Henry is like our harden
Jordan clarkson is like our Westbrook

Don't be obtuse. No one is saying he is exactly like Ibaka. He has similarities to Ibaka when he first came into the league. Ibaka was raw just like Ed Davis is now

You are acting as if Ed Davis just came into the league. actually serge and ed are the same age. Serge has one more year of nba experience, but still Ed is considered raw and serge is considered polished.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Randle could be this big. Right now he settles too much for the face up shots...but I think he has the tools to be a quality post player.

He should learn from the best - Kobe.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
Ed Davis to me is a poor mans Ibaka. Ibaka was very raw when he first came into the league. Ibaka had no jumpshot and was in the game basically for energy, defense and rebounding. If Ed develops a jumpshot, he can really be a quality player in the league.

I agree. He's even built like him.

So we got Ed Davis that's like our ibaka
Xavier Henry is like our harden
Jordan clarkson is like our Westbrook

Don't forget Wesley Johnson. He's our Durant.

Come on man let's be a little realistic here. He's more like our pre-injury Paul George he's just a tiny bit more raw.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
diando wrote:

They tried, but Pau said no.

Not $13 million.

What I read is that they offered him $9-10 million, and that was as an afterthought, after they whiffed on every other free agent. So, truthfully, they didn't REALLY try.

He wouldn't have taken $13M.

Probably not, but since that number was mentioned by someone else in the discussion, and the reply said that the Lakers tried, I was pointing out that they didn't try that amount. And frankly, they didn't really try, inasmuch as they made it clear he was not a priority. Not because of the amount offered.
wh03lse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject:

Don't know if it's feasible but why not revisit Monroe... Hill's contract might be doable; probably have to take back Singler or something like that..

Even Jeff Adrien got waived. Might be a good pickup to help bolster some d for this team
ClipperJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

Why not take a stab at Earl Clark again?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: